maul vs. windu, no lightsabers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jollyjim311
rules are simple, fist and force only
keep in mind that maul's only purpose is a martial tool and windu is a militaristic mastermind. tell me what you think and why

arena setup: straight forward, large arena, no debris or place to hide.

jollyjim311
the reason i asked is because i wasn't completely sure
maul has him on speed(and maybe even strength), but windu definately has the force on his side

Darth Somebody
It sounds like you have the fight already decided, then. If this is a battle of the Force, I would have to infer that Mace would win this, though we have seen nothing that has displayed him powerful in the Force, it does make sense to say that he was second to Yoda, and would thusly have some Force-power to back that up.

In a "fist-fight", Maul would win. He's more agile, faster, and more skilled at martial arts.

So. Erm. Mace.

Darth_Glentract
Looking at how Mace was able to tear apart dozens and dozens of super battle droids with his fist, I think he wins.

jollyjim311
mace isn't neccisarily way more powerful in the force, thats not what i meant, go by what you think not whatever stupid thing i said

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Looking at how Mace was able to tear apart dozens and dozens of super battle droids with his fist, I think he wins.

You have GOT to be kidding me...he DID?

jollyjim311
clone wars cartoon, powned them super fast then used all the spare bolts like bullets to destroy the other ones

jollyjim311
it was awesome

Captain REX
I root for Mace on this one.

Both were second out of all in their respectable Orders, though second out of 10,000 is more impressive than second out of two.

All Jedi are trained in martial arts, even if they are not all 'the best of the best' when it comes to 'Jedi fu.' Maul was undoubtedly trained in unarmed combat. However, Mace has far more experience, and strikes me as the stronger and faster opponent.

jollyjim311
jujitsu jedi

Captain REX
*shrug*

I found a list of martial arts on the Completely Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia, I shall have to look up which ones the Jedi are practitioners of.

Veneficus
The crowd cheers for mace!

darthsith19
Mace. Maul's faster, he's in better condition, he's the better unramed fighter, but when you add the Force in Mace has this. Maul's not bad in the Force but not espically strong in the Force, either. Mace isn't as good as Yoda but hes the second strongest Jedi with the Force.

Se7in
What have we seen Maul do with the Force? Pick up some debris and throw it behind him and Force Push Padawan Obi. Mace? He Force Crushed Grievous. I would say Mace in Force and unarmed combat. I haven't seen that Clone Wars thing, but did he really beat an army of droids with his hands?

Darth Avis
yea he killed them it was awsome probably 30+ were seen bieng killed

DarthMaul9123
i think maul could take tpm mace and maybe even aotc but after what i saw in ROTS mace could take him then

Illustrious
Originally posted by darthsith19
Mace. Maul's faster, he's in better condition, he's the better unramed fighter, but when you add the Force in Mace has this. Maul's not bad in the Force but not espically strong in the Force, either. Mace isn't as good as Yoda but hes the second strongest Jedi with the Force.

Wait wait, what evidence do you have for Maul being faster, better conditioned, and the better unarmed fighter?

DarthMaul9123
the fact that he wields a double sided lightsaber and fought two highly skilled jedi and lossed do to his own carelessness means he's excellent with the force but not so excellent in the common sense

Illustrious
WTF kind of logic is that?

Did you see Mace fight the same 2 Jedi? Did you see Mace wield a double-sided lightsaber? What does wielding a double-sided lightsaber have to do with "unarmed combat"? How does this show he's faster or better conditioned than Mace?

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Illustrious
Wait wait, what evidence do you have for Maul being faster, better conditioned, and the better unarmed fighter?

Uh............Have you seen both of them fight??????

Lord Maul is blinding fast, an active assassin/enforcer, can do butterfly flips in mid fight to assist his combat, delivers multiple chin-kicks without getting his leg severed, can jump of a crotch-rocket going 200 without breaking his ankle, and his 2 opponents in TPM were younger and in better shape than Palpatine.

Illustrious
And did you see Palpatine in ROTS? He was keeping pace with Yoda, which neither of the two duelists in TPM can claim. Speaking of which, Yoda is 900 years old and needs a cane to walk, does that mean he would lose to an individual like Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan because they are younger and in better shape?

Hardly. Windu in the clone wars and Shatterpoint has demonstrated he is in peak physical condition with tremendous strength and speed. He's probably the most powerful Jedi in the PT era as far as battlefield combat goes. I've yet to see any evidence that would link Mace as being inferior to Maul; whereas Mace put Maul's master on his ass.

Captain REX
I wouldn't say blindingly fast. He obviously wasn't fast enough to avoid being cleaved in two... stick out tongue

Still, Mace is the second highest in the Jedi Order, both in swordsmanship and Force power. I doubt Maul has come anywhere close to achieving his power. Mace also has more experience...

...at tearing apart droid armies with his bare hands. big grin

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Captain REX
Mace also has more experience...

So? Qui-Gon had 40 years on Maul, and Dooku had 60 on Anakin. So experience doesn't really matter. Darth Maul's many kicks to opponents wielding light-sabers were impressive, as opposed to Mace who put a grampa on his ass. Besides, Maul would just hafta head-butt Mace with his horns, and Master Windu would be swiss cheese.

Darth_Glentract
What you just said DB is very gay. Mace took out several dozen possibly into the hundreds of Super Battle Droids unarmed. Like you said, Mace put Sidious on his ass and Sidious had defeated Maul. Maul hasn't really displayed much unarmed capability.

Illustrious
So you're basically attempting to prove an argument by using exceptions to the rule, right? So if A = B, then B must = C... wrong.

I can name just as many cases where superior experience trumped inferior experience, naming a few exceptions doesn't sway the case every time.

That "grampa" happened to be Maul's master and is by all accounts the superior of the two. Maul was matched saber for saber by Obi-Wan before he was pushed into a pit, and then got sabered by the same padawan. The same guy that 13 years later was told was too weak to defeat Palpatine by Yoda.

Somehow, you dodge my entire point about being old not necessarily impacting your effectiveness, and you argue with logical fallacy. Good job dude.

Captain REX
Whoa whoa whoa.

Dooku was holding back on Anakin, who was physically stronger than him anyway. Qui-Gon was not the master swordsman, and was wearing out. Jedi do that, you know. Completely irrelevant.

DiamondBullets
So you're basically attempting to prove an argument by using exceptions to the rule, right? So if A = B, then B must = C... wrong.

Somehow, you dodge my entire point about being old not necessarily impacting your effectiveness, and you argue with logical fallacy. Good job dude.

No I aint. Look at the individuals. In a saber fight, I think Master Windu would school Lord Maul, but not in hand-to-hand.

Their likely fighting styles:
Lord Maul: monkey-style kung fu
Mace Windu: kick-boxing

I think Maul is better at his fighting style than Mace is his. And a well placed head-butt would sufficiantly incapacitate Master Windu.

Darth_Glentract
A head butt from Maul wound end up with Mace grabbing Maul's head and snapping his neck.

Captain REX
It is irrelevant, because Dooku and Anakin did not fist-fight. Dooku wasn't trying to kill Skywalker either. Maul was a better swordsman than Qui-Gon, in that case, experience is moot.

One head butt, spikes or not, will not subdue any Jedi. Jango Fett was wearing a metal helmet and Obi-Wan didn't go down at the first knock. Mace would shrug it off.

We have seen nothing to provide that Maul could do anyting spectacular when it came to martial arts. That, and Mace Windu was still more powerful than Maul. Monkey-style kung fu? I haven't seen it.

DarthVasallo
First off - Clone Wars animated series exaggerated a lot. I wouldn't go by it, let's stick to movies and maybe even movie novels.

Mace was strong....yes, not nearly as impressive with the lightsaber onscreen....so hand to hand would have to go to Maul....there'd force throws here and there but it would look a lot like when Obi was trying to fight Jango Fett, except Maul would be spin kicking and flipping too fast for Mace to keep up. And we don't even know the extent of Maul's dark force power, unforunately it didn't go in depth. But I have a theory - if Maul did exist and was trained in the dark arts since childhood....this is a guy that lives and breathes the darkside, training on his own everyday pushing himself to the boundaries of ability....he would have been working on all his dark powers to his knowledge (earthquake, lightening, rage, etc.) albeit not very controlled - powerful.

The Sith love to hide their cards and then all of a sudden - wham pull out their goods and clean house (like how all the Sith secretly do thing behind their master's backs and then kill them)

Darth_Glentract
I hate it when people want to get rid of Clone Wars. That is just gay. GL made it. It is Star Wars. If you don't like it, to bad.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by DarthVasallo
Maul would be spin kicking and flipping too fast for Mace to keep up.

Yeah, that's pretty much how would it go. Mace would throw punches but get nothing but air.

Se7in
This is the most idiotic thing I've seen on these forums in a while. Mace can use Force Crush. What have we seen from Maul? A little Force Push. Mace destroyed DROIDS with his bare hands. When you think about it, you can jump and flip all you want. One Force Push and you're on your ass.

Mace:
Combat Veteran
Stronger Force
Can punch through steel

Maul:
Better acrobatics

That's accurate.

Nai Fohl
First off - Clone Wars animated series exaggerated a lot. I wouldn't go by it, let's stick to movies and maybe even movie novels.

It's EU material considered canon.

This would more look like Obi-Wan fighting General Grievous force throwing that sore droid loser into 10 or 20 metres into the ceiling. Mace would throw Maul through the place like a puppet.

Bah. In fact Maul is far inferior to Sidious in force powers. Maybe he simply lacked natural potential but we never saw him using lightning or anything else so cut it off he can't do it. Now Mace was able to defeat Sidious fair and square why Maul didn't even think of going against his master (keep in mind that overpowering your master is the fundament of the entire Sith philosophy and thereby it indicates how weak Maul was compared to Sidious).

Wooohooo...Maul has no cards to hide and Mace would simply destroy him no matter if this is a fistfight or a lightsaber duel.

Admiral Akbar

Mace was strong....yes, not nearly as impressive with the lightsaber onscreen....so hand to hand would have to go to Maul....there'd force throws here and there but it would look a lot like when Obi was trying to fight Jango Fett, except Maul would be spin kicking and flipping too fast for Mace to keep up. And we don't even know the extent of Maul's dark force power, unforunately it didn't go in depth. But I have a theory - if Maul did exist and was trained in the dark arts since childhood....this is a guy that lives and breathes the darkside, training on his own everyday pushing himself to the boundaries of ability....he would have been working on all his dark powers to his knowledge (earthquake, lightening, rage, etc.) albeit not very controlled - powerful.

The Sith love to hide their cards and then all of a sudden - wham pull out their goods and clean house (like how all the Sith secretly do thing behind their master's backs and then kill them)

How about the extent of Windu's iner dark powers..

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
It's EU material considered canon.

This would more look like Obi-Wan fighting General Grievous force throwing that sore droid loser into 10 or 20 metres into the ceiling. Mace would throw Maul through the place like a puppet.

Bah. In fact Maul is far inferior to Sidious in force powers. Maybe he simply lacked natural potential but we never saw him using lightning or anything else so cut it off he can't do it. Now Mace was able to defeat Sidious fair and square why Maul didn't even think of going against his master (keep in mind that overpowering your master is the fundament of the entire Sith philosophy and thereby it indicates how weak Maul was compared to Sidious).

Wooohooo...Maul has no cards to hide and Mace would simply destroy him no matter if this is a fistfight or a lightsaber duel.

yeh, and what does maul have to hide? mace can see through the shroud of the darkside, i bet he could predict every move maul would make and exploit it to his advantage.

Darth_Glentract
Now Mace was able to defeat Sidious fair and square why Maul didn't even think of going against his master (keep in mind that overpowering your master is the fundament of the entire Sith philosophy and thereby it indicates how weak Maul was compared to Sidious).

I agree, Mace would beat Maul, but I think I heard that in some book Maul DID challenge Sidious, but was defeated, but Sidious let him live because he needed him for everything else to come into action.

Darth Faunus
So he challenged his master and was pwned in return. . . great. stick out tongue

darthsith19

Bespin Bart

Darth Faunus
You don't get it; Mace punched through durasteel-plated Super Battle Droids, completely obliterating several dozen of them as a last ditch effort. As in his fists were organic jackhammers.

Darth Avis
it is a new move called force make hands invinceble. *supershadow write that on your sight*

darthsith19

Nai Fohl

Darth Avis
cough*sids faked it*cough*dont start argument*cough

Jack of Clubs
cmon guys this really shouldn't be a serious argument, lets review:

Mace
-Jackhammers Super Battle Droids with fists
-master of the force
-and as far as condition let's consider Mace's age hes 60-63 yrs old (Sammie J's age) and bashing through droids, lets not think about what he could do if he was younger

Maul
-Great martial artist
-young
-average force user
-speed

ok well thats it, thats everyone's arguing broken down to the points

look at maul and loot at mace, the defense rest.............

Illustrious
Mace's character is closer to 50.

Darth Faunus
Mace is only 53 as of ROTS. And that's by no means lessening his conditioning. He was FAR superior to his younger forms in every aspect. Maul gets his horny head shoved up his arse in this one. Or he simply gets it crushed like a grapefruit. Your pick.

birthoftheforce
i think that if mace isnt allowed to use the force at all and that includes his force sence, than maul would win because he is naturally quite agile and swift whereas mace has to use the force to enhance his precision and speed etc. Whereas if mace is able to use the force to guide him through his punches, he will win.

jollyjim311
And even if you want to go by the movies only: Mace > Sidious > Maul and that can be seen in the movies.

2 things, one they had lightsqabers, 2 its not that simple. you cant always judge like that. dooku could beat obi, anikin could beat dooku, and obi could beat anakin.

the reason i asked is because i wanted to know what you would happen in this fight(which some people have done a good job with). i already know what happens in the movies.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Darth Avis
cough*sids faked it*cough*dont start argument*cough
*cough*another beliver, amen buddy*cough*

overlord
Best thread I've seen in a long while!! Killer explosive to the max!

Deus Ex
Mace has this. It's called Shatterpoint, kids. With it, he can find Maul's weakness. This would be a bloody, long fight... but Mace is physically strong and he IS conditioned, and is arguably the best fighter in the Order (Yoda I imagine isn't much big on kung fu)

overlord
Mace is a brother from the gutter!

jollyjim311
what i've come to: windu would win because of force crush.
if it was no force powers i'd bet on maul.
i thought windu would win, but i'm kinda upset to think that maul lost(he really made tpm worth watching more than once), hes just so cool

agreed?

Deus Ex
Uh, no.

Mace has shown considerable unarmed fighting capability. He's thrown down with someone who would squash Maul like a bug. Go read SHatterpoint. Mace wins. Force crush or no force crush.

jollyjim311
all maul is is a martial tool of the dark side, thats all he ever was. i think he is more advanced at fighting and killing with his body then windu. despite that, windu is way better at fighting and killing with the force then maul could ever be with just his fists.

thats all i can really say

TFVercetti
Maul had considerable acrobatic feats to him. He was very strong naturally.

Deus Ex
Well, this isn't about Maul's tactically pointless couple of flips and the fact that people like him; this is about him winning the fight. He won't. Mace will pound him into dust.

jollyjim311
with force crush

Fishy
Or Without.... It doesn't matter Maul doesn't stand a chance against somebody like Mace no matter how they fight.

Deus Ex
Exactly.

jollyjim311
yeah, except he does, and windu would have to use force crush to beat him.

Deus Ex
No, he wouldn't. Hve you read Shatterpoint?

If you haven't, don't make the assumption that Mace Windu can't hang with Maul in unarmed combat. He took on someone MUCH deadlier than Maul hand to hand. So please, stop trying to discredit Mace with "omfg he used force crush" line. It's ridiculous. Maul would lose, admit it and get over it.

TFVercetti
OMFG? Are you some sort of spastic. Just say Ohh Myy Fuuuuuuckin GOD

jollyjim311
Originally posted by jollyjim311
what i've come to: windu would win...

admitted /\

i havent read it, no but i've read alot of comics with maul and i think he is generally underestimated.

TFVercetti
Too right diccckhheaddd

Deus Ex
admitted /\

i havent read it, no but i've read alot of comics with maul and i think he is generally underestimated.

Ah, oops. I misread that. Sorry.

overlord
Originally posted by TFVercetti
Too right diccckhheaddd

This doesn't contribute anything to the discussion.. sad
That's not very smart...

jollyjim311
thats ok deus and what the hell is wrong with TFV every posted comment is like that

overlord
thats ok deus and what the hell is wrong with TFV every posted comment is like that

It's his first day, we all start like that on our first day.
Just kidding of course, Tommy is just a little wacky.

Deus Ex
He's Tommy Vercetti, a young angry little British boy whose parents never taught him respect. Just ignore him until some higher power removes him.

jollyjim311
like palpatine getting valorium(spelling?) out of power, gotcha

Deus Ex
I was thinking the divine powers that be, but I'll settle for a senate hearing.

Wish we could do that around here.

Illustrious
Mace needs force crush to beat Maul? When was this decided?

TFVercetti
way before you came along illustrious.

TFVercetti
Ok guys if you really want to know the secret of creating accounts you only need to mail me with the questions.

jollyjim311
Mace needs force crush to beat Maul? When was this decided?

dont worry, not everyone agrees with that

Illustrious
Mace would beat Maul, crush or not.

darthsith19

Tangible God
Since Maul is still at the (ahem) padawan stage, and since we don't really know his abilities without a lightsaber, then who's to say he can take on the second strongest Jedi in the Order?

Especially since the dumbass just stood there and watched Obi coming at him with a killing blow.

Illustrious
Well, if you watch the duel of fates and then Mace vs. Sidious you will see who is faster.

Visual assumption. He was more acrobatic, but as far as pure speed goes... hardly. That's like saying I saw Mace faster in the clone wars.

Not this debate again. The official site notes he won fair and square, the movie showed him putting Sidious on his ass. Period.

Wild assumption. Mace can't beat Sidious without a lightsaber, where was this?

It's best you prove up, instead of saying "I saw Maul faster" or that "Sidious may have possibly faked it, but it works in my argument so I'll say he did."

Jack of Clubs
^ I agree

Darth Avis
Mace kicked his saber with shatterpoint right?

Nai Fohl
Well, if you watch the duel of fates and then Mace vs. Sidious you will see who is faster.

I only see that Sidious is jumping around where Mace isn't because it's not part of his style. If you would read Shatterpoint or watch the Clone War Series you would know who is faster.

That's right away stupid. If you watch the movie again, Sidious is surprised and shocked that Mace managed to do that. And for another time: Sidious didn't fake the fight - he LOST it. Listen to GL when he says something.

Well...no...actually I can't but most likely it was in Shadow Hunter (that many Jedi actually trained it) or in some interview about the Clone Wars Series. I can't remember. Not that it would hardly matter if Mace uses it or not.

a) Who was talking about a non-saber-fight ?
b) No Sidious didn't let Mace win - Sidious was beaten. That's what Lucas said about the fight so I'm not willing to discuss that point.
c) Why are you still arguing here if you have already admitted that Mace would win ?

DiamondBullets
I only see that Sidious is jumping around where Mace isn't because it's not part of his style. If you would read Shatterpoint or watch the Clone War Series you would know who is faster.

That's right away stupid. If you watch the movie again, Sidious is surprised and shocked that Mace managed to do that. And for another time: Sidious didn't fake the fight - he LOST it. Listen to GL when he says something.

You're absolutely right, as far as foot-work is concerned, Mace appeared to be very rigid, cuz it aint part of his style.

Gotta point there too...he rules with a saber and slid that kick in there perfectly. But in hand-to-hand Mace/Maul, I think it's pretty debatable. It's a fact that humans are pretty weak as far as strength is concerned, humans also lack claws and sharp teeth. I don't know about Zabrak strength, but they got those horns, and according to the novels they are very tolerant of physical pain.

Darth Faunus
Well, being tolerant of pain isn't going to change the effects of having a broken rib pierce your lungs. And you seem to be forgetting that the Force is available for access in this battle.

Illustrious
What's Maul's tolerance of pain going to do when he has a fist go through his chest cavity?

darthsith19
True, perhaps Mace is faster.

The databank has some mistakes. This debate will not truely be closed until GL tells who truely won in the ROTS DVD.

I already had a long-ass debate with Sorgo about this and don't feel like having it again. We will find out when the DVD comes out.

What did GL say regarding the Sidious vs. Mace duel?

That's what this thread is about, man.
b) No Sidious didn't let Mace win - Sidious was beaten. That's what Lucas said about the fight so I'm not willing to discuss that point.
When did he say this?

You guys were arguing about what i said about Maul's speed and energy and stuff.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
And you seem to be forgetting that the Force is available for access in this battle.

True that, and I think that they would just go back and forth with their Force powers like a tennis match and it would turn into one big stalemate just like Yoda and Dooku at the end of AOTC. So it would eventually come down to a scrap.

Nai Fohl
True, perhaps Mace is faster.

He is fasters because he's stronger with the force than Maul...

For your information and because I'm really tired of that "Sidious faked it"- crap. Lucas said on multiple occassions that Anakin was the deceiding factor in that fight. So if you want the best possible interpretation in Sidious favor of that statement this would be that Sidious and Mace weren't able to kill the eachother.
Now if you watch the movie. Mace was clearly kicking Sidious ass:

1) When they lock sabers at the beginning of the duel Windu is pressing Sidious down - he's superior there
2) In the fight you have Sidious going down on his knees once - something that no swordfighter would ever do unless he's forced to do so - again a sign of Mace superiority
3) Losing his lightsaber was not planned by Sidious and the fact that Mace managed to kick it out of Sidious hands again shows him as superior fighter
4) When Sidious was on the ground Mace gave Anakin a sign to stay away from the fight - obviously he didn't need him
5) Even when Sidious starts with force lightning Mace didn't ask Anakin for help so he's still on par / superior to Sidious.

And why the hell should Sidious fake the fight ? Anakin had no other options than joining Sidious because he needed him (or thought he needed him).

Yes. Because the things you said were simply wrong. Maul isn't that fast and may I remind you: He's using the force to be faster now if you don't allow them to use the force, Mace would still kick Maul's ass because he can place 6 or more hits per second on an opponent, has an unbelieveable physical strength ("This isn't my bone-crushing grip. This my don't-do-something-stupid grip"wink and he runs around breaking noses and jaws with slamming his head against them. So he's quite a badass and I don't see Maul having a chance against him.

DiamondBullets
What's Maul's tolerance of pain going to do when he has a fist go through his chest cavity?

Well no shit it wouldn't matter aginst a fatal blow. But Maul would be able to ignore an injury that would normally put a human outta commision due to intense pain.

darthsith19
Yes, he was the deciding factor; whichever side he chose to take would win. That certainly doesn';t mean if he hadn't joined Palpatine then Palpatine would lose. GL also said if you had asked him if Palpatine threw the fight on purpose during the original shooting of that scene he would have definately said yes, but now he's not sure.
1) Because Sidious lets him
2) No =, Sidious let Mace push him down because he knew Anakin was coming
3) No, Sidious let Mace kick his saber out the window. If you havn't noticed, he fights better without a saber (remember the Yoda duel?).
4) No, obviously he didn't want Anakin to get involved because Anakin might screw things up. And he was right. Anyway, he didn't know Palpatine threw the fight, he thought he won fair and square
5) Heloding back the lightning do you really think he wouldn't be greateful for help? He didn't ask Anakin for help because he hated the boy, didn't trust him. And he was right not to trust him

He fakes it so Anakin would join him. Anakin had a choice, and he wasn't sure which one to pick. Choice when he was forced to. If that scene hadn't taken place by the time he made a discission Padme would have already had the twins and he would have realised his vision was false because she would have died.

But Mace is also using the Force to enhance him abilities.

P.S. If you wish to continue debating the Sidious vs. Mace duel we sjould do it in an approperitte thread. I'm looking for one in the episode 3 section. Any idea why they took away the search thingy?

The hell with it, I made a new thread

jollyjim311
Yes, he was the deciding factor; whichever side he chose to take would win. That certainly doesn';t mean if he hadn't joined Palpatine then Palpatine would lose. GL also said if you had asked him if Palpatine threw the fight on purpose during the original shooting of that scene he would have definately said yes, but now he's not sure.
1) Because Sidious lets him
2) No =, Sidious let Mace push him down because he knew Anakin was coming
3) No, Sidious let Mace kick his saber out the window. If you havn't noticed, he fights better without a saber (remember the Yoda duel?).
4) No, obviously he didn't want Anakin to get involved because Anakin might screw things up. And he was right. Anyway, he didn't know Palpatine threw the fight, he thought he won fair and square
5) Heloding back the lightning do you really think he wouldn't be greateful for help? He didn't ask Anakin for help because he hated the boy, didn't trust him. And he was right not to trust him

yes!!! eek! big grin big grin

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
True that, and I think that they would just go back and forth with their Force powers like a tennis match and it would turn into one big stalemate just like Yoda and Dooku at the end of AOTC. So it would eventually come down to a scrap.

Maul stalemating Mace Windu? laughing

Nai Fohl
Yes, he was the deciding factor; whichever side he chose to take would win. That certainly doesn';t mean if he hadn't joined Palpatine then Palpatine would lose.

That is exactly what it means. Without Anakin Sidious won't have won the fight. Keeping the fact in mind that he was on his ass, having no weapon and wasn't able to stop Mace with force powers I think he would have lost.

Nope. In fact he wanted Windu to die but Samuel L. Jackson wanted to look like a badass. Lucas original idea would have been Sidious throwing the fight but that wasn't what Sidious DID in the end.

Why should he risk getting his face toasted. Or do you want to argue that Mace is physically superior to Sidious ?

Sidious was on his knees before Anakin was even close. Watch the fight again and you will see what I mean. This had nothing to do with "throwing the fight".

Do YOU remember the Yoda duel ? He was losing and got lucky. He won't lose his lightsaber on purpose.

He did won fair and square. There is no use to discuss on FACTS.

Windu was able to hold back the lightning. So - everything Sidious could do was not enough to defeat Mace. I hope you got it now...

Anakin had no choice. His way to the dark side had started in TPM at least in AOTC with slaying the Tusken. That decission was just the final step and he would have done the same with Mace Windu lying dead on the ground and Sidious saying: "You can arrest me but than I can't help you saving your wife." Boing. Again Anakin would have joined the dark side. At this point he hadn't a choice anymore.

In the situations I talked about he wasn't using the force. That results in: No force involved = Mace wins; force involved = Mace also wins.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Maul stalemating Mace Windu? laughing

Why not? Dooku held off Yoda. I'm talkin' powers, not sabers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.