What competition did the Ot have?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
When these movies came out in their respective years, what other summer movies, or any movie in 77, 80, and 83, were they competing with?

Jedi-Kaisa
One of them I belive was Carrie

DeVi| D0do
Star Wars: Close Encounters, Annie Hall, Saturday Night Fever, The Spy Who Loved Me, Eraserhead

Empire: Superman II, The Shining, Airplane!, Raging Bull, Friday the 13th, Elephant Man, Ordinary People

Jedi: Flashdance, Octopussy, Staying Alive, Risky Business, Scarface, Monty Python's Meaning of Life, Terms of Endearment

SS_181st_Snow
Dude, Airplane so totally owns ESB. Was Saturday Night Fever a football movie?

yerssot
errrr... a dance movie with John Travolta blink

Red Superfly
Wow, some decent competition actually.

Jerico
Don't forget Alien! for Episode IV i believe, only a week before or after if i remember right

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Jerico
Don't forget Alien! for Episode IV i believe, only a week before or after if i remember right

Alien came out in 1979

Jerico
Says imdb but didnt in the SW doco they talk about Alien and SW in the same area, maybe confused myself

SS_181st_Snow
Ohhhh, that saturday night fever..Sorry, I musta been thinkin' of somethin' else, heh. Airplane still totally owns.

Dan Skywalker
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
Dude, Airplane so totally owns ESB.
please tell me your joking

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Wow, some decent competition actually.

Definately. This was a good topic.

SS_181st_Snow
Originally posted by Dan Skywalker
please tell me your joking

Common, what's better? "I am your father" or "And don't call me surley!"

pr1983
Ohhhh, that saturday night fever..Sorry, I musta been thinkin' of somethin' else, heh. Airplane still totally owns.

Fever pitch probably...

Dan Skywalker
Common, what's better? "I am your father" or "And don't call me surley!"

ok u make a good argument, i loved airplane, but im sticking with Empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.