Hercules vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
This is a H2H Brawl! No blasting is allowed! The only long range attacks that are allowed is by using the environment. This happens in the center of Times Square during rush hour. These are the current versions of these characters, so who wins? (Herc has his mace, but Thanos does not have any gems or anything)

golem370
Thanos would beat Hercules and shave his beard for him lol

long pig
Thanos wins. He's stronger AND a better fighter AND more durable AND smarter.

Dr.SpiderHulk
Hercules lifted manhattan and the whole world once....he has to win or it's bullshit....you see...??

dvampire
Originally posted by long pig

He may be more durable, but I'm not so sure about being stronger.

golem370
Well he did go hth with Odin some maybe he is pretty strong

long pig
Originally posted by dvampire
He may be more durable, but I'm not so sure about being stronger.
Thanos was shown to be as strong as Thing/Thor/Herc/Hulk all combined.

ImmortalOne
YOU THE MAN, PIG !!!
YOU THE MAN !!!

olympian
"Thanos would beat Hercules and shave his beard for him lol"

Thanos is smart you know. He wont touch the beard risking Herk to wake up in a Hera mad rage.

Thanos wins btw. You dont need to have only lifting feats to decide who is stronger. He has tons of combat feats for that.

Thanos wins because he is show to be stronger than anyone so far of the top tier. No less. And nastier. And smarter.

You get the idea.

long pig
Thanos has really never been overpowered by anyone. Even Champ w/power gem.

He's a hard SOB to beat.

Did you know Thanos is 700,000 years old?

olympian
He is? Thats due to be an Eternal isent it?

That means Eros is as old or younger.

long pig
Yeah.
That'd probably be the reason why he's so damn good at h2h fighting. Being that old, you gotta learn something.

ImmortalOne
Ya know the good thing bout Olympian is, he really likes Herc but knows how to conclude a match...... even with Herc loosing in it !!!

We need more dudes like that rather than.ehhm.....fanboys..ehhm !!!

Xplosive
Thanos has really never been overpowered by anyone.

He was by Galactus, he was overpowered.

armandovalles

Strength - About Equal, slight edge to Thanos
Speed - Hercules
Agility - Hercules
Durability - About Equal, slight edge to Thanos
Fighting Skills - Hercules
Intelligence - Thanos, by far
Experience - About Equal, slight edge to Hercules

I think Thanos would still win, but these are how the stats go i think. Although i think the stronger classic Herc would beat Thanos.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by armandovalles
Speed - Hercules
Agility - Hercules

I think Thanos would still win, but these are how the stats go i think. Although i think the stronger classic Herc would beat Thanos.

No form of Hercules is beating Thanos. Thanos is a good deal stronger, more durable and certainly a better fighter. It seems Marvel thinks so as well according to their stats. Thanos wins without a doubt.

K3VIL
Immortal Hercules will beat the crap out of Thanos.The one who lifted Earth.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by K3VIL
Immortal Hercules will beat the crap out of Thanos.The one who lifted Earth.

Is that an actual feat of comic book hercules as opposed to the mythological one. If so what issue did that happen in? Thats a feat that sound beyond the likes of Odin and Zeus let alone Herc.

GalacticStorm
Anyone?

armandovalles
here it's right here:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/atlastitan1.jpg

GalacticStorm
here it's right here:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/atlastitan1.jpg

Have you got the whole page or even the issue number of that panel?

From that scan we dont know if thats a mystical representation of earth, or some other facsimile because such a feat is beyond even Zeus and Odin going by appearances and bios. I really dont think it was literally the planet earth because such a feat is celestial level. Have you got the appropriate issue number? I'll try downloading it tonight.

armandovalles
it comes from a flashback of Hercules' when talking to Thor in The Mighty Thor issue #356.

K3VIL
Originally posted by GalacticStorm

From that scan we dont know if thats a mystical representation of earth, or some other facsimile because such a feat is beyond even Zeus and Odin going by appearances and bios. I really dont think it was literally the planet earth because such a feat is celestial level. Have you got the appropriate issue number? I'll try downloading it tonight.
Zeus can lift 95 tons and Odin 75 WITHOUT tapping into their mystical/cosmic power sources.It means they can accomplish that feat if they wants.

roughrider
it comes from a flashback of Hercules' when talking to Thor in The Mighty Thor issue #356.

That was while telling a story to children full of exaggerations; the childern were all fans of his, except one in the back who's favourite was Thor.
At one point he describes lifting all of Manhatten to flatten Thor with, but not even the kids believed that - Herc smiled to Jarvis about the cynicism of today's youth! laughing out loud

olympian
"Ya know the good thing bout Olympian is, he really likes Herc but knows how to conclude a match...... even with Herc loosing in it !!!"

Thanos was created and -always- written to be that strong. Its fine with me.
"Is that an actual feat of comic book hercules as opposed to the mythological one. If so what issue did that happen in?"

Its a feat taken from one of the myth versions/sources.

There was another instance where it was stated.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8149/mtuv1028p18194rn.jpg

Of course he doesnt pull feats like this all the time, but then again neither do others. This doesnt make Herk stronger than Thanos in my pov. Thanos has destroyed a planet when he faced Drax before. And has higher combat feats in his rep, one involving Hercules itself.

"Thats a feat that sound beyond the likes of Odin and Zeus let alone Herc."

Handbooks aside i wouldnt agree. Everytime Herk and Thor have faced theyr fathers (and having them fight back) they got served. Like this time when Zeus was figthing the Avengers and didnt noticed it was Herk who was approaching.

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/4899/499037bf35kp.jpg

Herk was ko after that.

Talking about Herk and Zeus only now, this is accurate with the myths where Zeus was definatly stronger to a point when even other Gods wer afraid to go against him.

"That was while telling a story to children full of exaggerations; the childern were all fans of his, except one in the back who's favourite was Thor.
At one point he describes lifting all of Manhatten to flatten Thor with, but not even the kids believed that - Herc smiled to Jarvis about the cynicism of today's youth!"

The part that is bull its how he described the fight with Thor. He tells that feat the same way he tells other labours and he didnt changed any. Why only that one?

The page in question its this one.

http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/6951/hercworld1xm.jpg

HigH ScholaR
I always wanted to know what was the force acting apon it i.e gravity i doubt that but if it was the newtons and if not gravity what was it

olympian
I dont aplly science to myths. You have other mythology that deal with heroes hitting the moon or pulling it. This is just another one.

Or simply since Hercules its pretty much a magical being label it as---magic---

Like Thor with the Midgard Serpent.

Not to mention he says and its accurate that he lifted Atlas "celestial burden". In most sources its the Heavens, in others its the Earth. Marvel so far as used/stated about the earth one.

Maestro
From what I saw of the last link, hercules downfall will be his arrogance.

olympian
You only noticed now he is arrogant? Thats part of his charm stick out tongue

Maestro
Originally posted by olympian
You only noticed now he is arrogant? Thats part of his charm stick out tongue

I knew he was arrogant to an extent, but not as bad as that. laughing

olympian
Like he would ever admit to be weaker than Thor devil

He has a heart too, he changes it right back when one kid starts to whine about Thor losing it.

Whirlysplatt
Like he would ever admit to be weaker to Thor devil

He has a heart too, he changes right back one brath starts to whine about Thor losing it.

I take your point Olympian but electrical energy is not kinetic smile Supes still wins though my friend smile

long pig
Speed - Hercules
Agility - Hercules

Uh, no.

Strength - Thanos, by a massive degree
Speed - Thanos. FTL reactions.
Agility - Hercules
Durability - ahaha Thanos by a lightyear
Fighting Skills - Thanos. Older and more experience
Intelligence - Thanos, by far VERY far
Experience - Thanos is older.

cherry cola
Question is Thanos in h2h like cap and batman good meaning knowing all forms of martial arts or does he just brawl and tend to come out on top.

olympian
Well he did trained Gamora i think.

long pig
Well he did trained Gamora i think.
Beat me to it.

For some UNKNOWN reason, Thanos is a f'ing master of h2h combat.

K3VIL
Uh, no.

Strength - Thanos, by a massive degree
Speed - Thanos. FTL reactions.
Agility - Hercules
Durability - ahaha Thanos by a lightyear
Fighting Skills - Thanos. Older and more experience
Intelligence - Thanos, by far VERY far
Experience - Thanos is older.
Strenght: Thanos by far.Hercules in half god form is equal to Classical Thor without his hammer, Thanos usually beats Thor so it's right.
Speed: ROTFL at FTL reactions.Thanos reaction times is in the metahuman range but FTL?Come on be serious.
Agility: Hercules, but Thanos showed to be quite agile from a huge guy like him.
Fighting Skills:Herc has trained since his child years, Thanos has the experience over him, but the skill is close.
Intelligence: Herc has never been a genious, but in terms of tactics and battle attitude, he is worth.

long pig
Thanos handled a speed blitz by Gladiator and Surfer. His reactions aren't simply meta.

They may not be FTL, but they are amazing.

You're saying Herc is a better tacticion or on par with Thanos in that depo? Please.

olympian
Herk is not above or equal in that. My guess is that he is saying in Battle tactics he is worth. He knows the stuff.

And that would be my approach.

Lets not forget while Ulisses and the rest took i dont know how long, Herk overun Troy in a short period of time.

kgkg

beyond Odin?

nope that not much for Odin

and ya herc will gets destroyed

yahman
Thanos was shown to be as strong as Thing/Thor/Herc/Hulk all combined.

Little did they know that they had to do was nuke him. smile So techniqually any nation with a nuclear bomb could have killed him. smile

kgkg
Originally posted by yahman
Little did they know that they had to do was nuke him. smile So techniqually any nation with a nuclear bomb could have killed him. smile
ya nuke will kill him roll eyes (sarcastic)

Silver Surfer takes Nukes in his dreams

yahman
No form of Hercules is beating Thanos. Thanos is a good deal stronger, more durable and certainly a better fighter. It seems Marvel thinks so as well according to their stats. Thanos wins without a doubt.

Yess Thanos is much stronger, there are all his many feats to demonstrate this.... like the time he ummmm and ummmm ?

kgkg
Yess Thanos is much stronger, there are all his many feats to demonstrate this.... like the time he ummmm and ummmm ?
there are many feats..............

for one Herc can even handle HUlk , or anyone at his level or higher

olympian
Like the time he fought Drax and busted a planet. And the time he took four powerhouses and wasent hurt or beat.

Combat feats.

yahman
Originally posted by kgkg
ya nuke will kill him roll eyes (sarcastic)

Silver Surfer takes Nukes in his dreams

Read the issue chummy smile An apology would be nice but not compulsory

kgkg
Read the issue chummy smile An apology would be nice but not compulsory
don't need to.

PIS if it happens.

Thanos hasurvived blast much much greater

and am Sorry
wink

yahman
Like the time he fought Drax and busted a planet. And the time he took four powerhouses and wasent hurt or beat.

Combat feats.

Ok i think KG is having problems with sarcasm so ill leave him... but Olympian, that never happened. smile

Herc is stronger .... but looses badly. smile

olympian
He is not stronger Yahman. Considering this is just h2h, if he was id` perhaps give him a good chance.

And i dont.

Sarcasm aside now wink

yahman
Originally posted by kgkg
don't need to.

PIS if it happens.

Thanos hasurvived blast much much greater

and am Sorry
wink

My point it is that it demonstrates the writers level of competence, therefore it should be discarded as evidence. If its to be used one has to accept that Thanos cannot take Nukes. If isn't accepted then he cannot take on those four class 100 characters. Of course you could pick an choose, but i believe thats not the most unbiased way to handle debates. wink

yahman
He is not stronger Yahman. Considering this is just h2h, if he was id` perhaps give him a good chance.

And i dont.

Sarcasm aside now wink

IMO he is. Sarcasm aside. Actual feats count far more than combat feats in my book. smile IMO

GalacticStorm
IMO he is. Sarcasm aside. Actual feats count far more than combat feats in my book. smile IMO

Either way Thanos would win this versus match would he not?

yahman

Yes big grin

kgkg
no herc is stronger so he would win.

olympian
"IMO he is. Sarcasm aside. Actual feats count far more than combat feats in my book. IMO"

In that case Classic juggernaut cant ever be a cl 100 and both Black Adam and Captain Marvel cant hope to be equal to Superman.

Its not how it works, even you dont have a lifting feat if you fight someone that does have and you beat or equal him doesnt that tell you, how strong that person is?

Like recently with Titannus and Hulk. Dont you consider him stronger? He ko Hulk in 3 shots after all.

Your opinion its to be respected but i dont agree with it.

yahman
"IMO he is. Sarcasm aside. Actual feats count far more than combat feats in my book. IMO"

In that case Classic juggernaut cant ever be a cl 100 and both Black Adam and Captain Marvel cant hope to be equal to Superman.

Its not how it works, even you dont have a lifting feat if you fight someone that does have and you beat or equal him doesnt that tell you, how strong that person is?

Like recently with Titannus and Hulk. Dont you consider him stronger? He ko Hulk in 3 shots after all.

Your opinion its to be respected but i dont agree with it.

Thanos's strength is unproven IMO. Very Rarely does he use his strength. In the fights he has used his strength he is yet to show that he is far superior to everyone else.

The same cannot be said for Black Adam and Cap Marv as both have used mainly physical attacks when fighting Supes. Applying my previous argument, I believe that Superman, is above Black Adam, although only slightly. smile

long pig
You don't need lifting feats to show strength. Combat feats>>>>lifting feats.

C'mon, don't bullshit.

Thanos has never been physically overpowered by strength.

yahman

C'mon, don't bullshit.

Nor has ultron..... and yet he is level 6. smile

Nahhh Bull shit mannnnnnnnnnnnn ..... In it ? smile

GalacticStorm
Nor has ultron..... and yet he is level 6. smile

Nahhh Bull shit mannnnnnnnnnnnn ..... In it ? smile

But thats because of his insane durability. Thanos is listed as a 7 for strength plus he's beaten multiple class 100's at once

long pig
Uh, ok.
I didn't understand a word of that.

Word games are for children.

yahman
But thats because of his insane durability. Thanos is listed as a 7 for strength plus he's beaten multiple class 100's at once

Same can be said of Thanos shifty

Note that i have never disputed Thanos being a Level 7 character. I didpute the fact that he is SO much stronger than everyone else.

If you read back you will find that in that same issue Thanos could have been killed by a nuke. Doesn't that say something about the validity of the source ? smile

yahman

C'mon, don't bullshit.

Ultron has never been over powered in strength and he is listed as a Level 6 character. Do you understand now ?

GalacticStorm
Ultron has never been over powered in strength and he is listed as a Level 6 character. Do you understand now ?

But we know thats just because of his durability. Him being a class 6 tells you its not because of his power. The issue we're debating here is strength.

Thanos is listed as a class 7 so we know he's a powerhouse plus he's taken on multiple class 100's singlehandedly. He's considerably stronger than Herc plus he excels in all of the areas armand listed.

yahman
But we know thats just because of his durability. Him being a class 6 tells you its not because of his power. The issue we're debating here is strength.

Same can be said of Thanos

Note that i have never disputed Thanos being a Level 7 character. I didpute the fact that he is SO much stronger than everyone else.

If you read back you will find that in that same issue Thanos could have been killed by a nuke. Doesn't that say something about the validity of the source ?

GalacticStorm
Same can be said of Thanos

If you read back you will find that in that same issue Thanos could have been killed by a nuke. Doesn't that say something about the validity of the source ?

The same cant be said of Thanos because he's listed as a class 7 and didnt you also say he could be harmed by a nuke? confused

yahman
The same cant be said of Thanos because he's listed as a class 7 and didnt you also say he could be harmed by a nuke? confused

Its your fault for saying the same thing twice and ignoring my first response. stick out tongue

GalacticStorm
Its your fault for saying the same thing twice and ignoring my first response. stick out tongue

I swear to God you really dont wanna meet me in Oxford mad stick out tongue

yahman
I swear to God you really dont wanna meet me in Oxford mad stick out tongue

laughing eek!

K3VIL
Thanos technology is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Earth militaries technology.
It means his nuclear device was hella more powerful than a nuclear device built from mortals.And an internal explosion will cause greater damage to him than an external.
Think about that:
If I throw you a coin, I'll hurt you slightly.
If you eat the coin, you'll risk to drown, or get infections or something like that.

yahman
Originally posted by K3VIL
Thanos technology is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Earth militaries technology.
It means his nuclear device was hella more powerful than a nuclear device built from mortals.And an internal explosion will cause greater damage to him than an external.
Think about that:
If I throw you a coin, I'll hurt you slightly.
If you eat the coin, you'll risk to drown, or get infections or something like that.

In your IMO that is. True Thanos's tech is far beyond the U.S. militarys tech, but there is a limit to how destructive a nuke can be.

The most powerful Nuke ever tested was 50 megaton nuclear war head, which they exploded somewhwere n the Artic. The experiment showed that several smaller nuclear weapons would be far more effective than one at this level.

GalacticStorm
In your IMO that is. True Thanos's tech is far beyond the U.S. militarys tech, but there is a limit to how destructive a nuke can be.

The most powerful Nuke ever tested was 50 megaton nuclear war head, which they exploded somewhwere n the Artic. The experiment showed that several smaller nuclear weapons would be far more effective than one at this level.

Real world science doesnt always translate so well to comic book terms. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.