Ultimate Thor opinions thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K3VIL
What do you think about Ultimate Thor?
From what I've saw since now, I've created some teories:
1.He uses stolen technology like said from "Loki".I mean, it's believable.No one can see Volstagg in that restaurant talking to him, yes he was able to read Banner's mind and create rain and lightnings but Storm can do that too.Maybe his armor, belt and hammer are part of a supersoldier project which make him able to channel and project energy and enhance his physical skills, and the telepathy is just a side effect of the devices, or maybe a power he obtained from the devices too, after all he maybe able to "read" brain electrical impulses.
Plus he never showed to possess anything really magic, the hammer itself looked like more a tech weapon than a mythical artifact, like that of 616 Thor, and also, why the son of Odin should need technology to use his powers?

2.He is a mortal who found Thor's hammer and belt then acquired those powers and claimed to be Thor himself, than begin his career as popular hero and saver of humanity.

3.He is the real Thor, but he need the belt and the hammer to use his powers cause Odin "cursed" him into being changed in his mortal form like 616 Thor.

4.He is a mutant which needs technology to control his powers, then seeing he resemble to Thor he used that to became famous and obtain
adepts.

Darth Bloodlust
Ultimate Thor is the real deal! 'Nuff said

snoopdogg
Ultimate Thor is a p*ssy. He got the smack laid down on his @ss by a dude made out of steel.

snoopdogg

roughrider
That technology vest he wears - if it's the source of his power and strength, I don't see how it protects him from serious harm, if he's just a normal man.

joesha28
Just a sicko compare to the Real Deal....

yahman
Originally posted by K3VIL
What do you think about Ultimate Thor?
From what I've saw since now, I've created some teories:
1.He uses stolen technology like said from "Loki".I mean, it's believable.No one can see Volstagg in that restaurant talking to him, yes he was able to read Banner's mind and create rain and lightnings but Storm can do that too.Maybe his armor, belt and hammer are part of a supersoldier project which make him able to channel and project energy and enhance his physical skills, and the telepathy is just a side effect of the devices, or maybe a power he obtained from the devices too, after all he maybe able to "read" brain electrical impulses.
Plus he never showed to possess anything really magic, the hammer itself looked like more a tech weapon than a mythical artifact, like that of 616 Thor, and also, why the son of Odin should need technology to use his powers?

2.He is a mortal who found Thor's hammer and belt then acquired those powers and claimed to be Thor himself, than begin his career as popular hero and saver of humanity.

3.He is the real Thor, but he need the belt and the hammer to use his powers cause Odin "cursed" him into being changed in his mortal form like 616 Thor.

4.He is a mutant which needs technology to control his powers, then seeing he resemble to Thor he used that to became famous and obtain
adepts.

I disagree. That teleportaion trick, he did with the Skrull bomb was far beyond ultimate earths technologies. In Ultimate secret they have only just discovered how to harness zero point energy and Reed Richards (probably the greatest mind on the planet) has had a lot of difficulties working with teleportaion and time travelling worm holes.

Option 5

The Gods are highly advanced Aliens who exist in a higher dimension and have access to technologies far beyond our understanding (i.e. 5th Dimensional imp from D.C.) - Loki has used this tech to change reality enough so that Thor no longer can use his powers without added tech.

This explanation has a more realistic edge to as it explains concepts such as 'Gods' with our current understanding of science.

yahman
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Ultimate Thor is a p*ssy. He got the smack laid down on his @ss by a dude made out of steel.

And 616 hor got laid out by a p*ssy called the 'man of steel' whistling

olympian
Any man that tells Cap is nothing but a clown wearing a flag its ok in my book.

What can i say? I enjoyed reading Cap p*ss*ng out.

yahman
Originally posted by olympian
Any man that tells Cap is nothing but a clown wearing a flag its ok in my book.

What can i say? I enjoyed reading cap p*ss*ng out.

Indeed. smile

8bitChris
Originally posted by yahman
I disagree. That teleportaion trick, he did with the Skrull bomb was far beyond ultimate earths technologies. In Ultimate secret they have only just discovered how to harness zero point energy and Reed Richards (probably the greatest mind on the planet) has had a lot of difficulties working with teleportaion and time travelling worm holes.

Option 5

The Gods are highly advanced Aliens who exist in a higher dimension and have access to technologies far beyond our understanding (i.e. 5th Dimensional imp from D.C.) - Loki has used this tech to change reality enough so that Thor no longer can use his powers without added tech.

This explanation has a more realistic edge to as it explains concepts such as 'Gods' with our current understanding of science.

I was going to mention this but Yahman beat me too it. That bomb was strong enough to level the Earth. Where did Thor put it?

So far that's the most solid evidence for him being the real deal.

HigH ScholaR
i know where he put it

HigH ScholaR
The Ultimate Marvel Universe version of the mighty Thor is either the son of Odin sent to Midgard (Earth) to save it from apathy and self-destruction, or a loony.

Real name Either Thor Odinson, or Thorlief Golmen
Status Active
Affiliations
Previous affiliations Ultimates
Notable aliases
Notable relatives Gunnar Golmen/Loki, God of Mischief (brother)
Notable powers Either the incarnation of the Norse god of thunder, or advanced technology grants him control over thunder and lightning, flight, superhuman strength and durability, and the ability to move matter between dimensions.

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Thor was a psychiatric nurse until he suffered a mental breakdown and spent 18 months instiutionalized. When he was released, he claimed to be Thor, Norse god of thunder, and attracted rebellious teenagers and conspiracy theorists with his speeches and self-help books. He has spoken against America's military aggression against other world powers.

Superhuman
General Nick Fury contacted him about joining the Ultimates, but Thor refused to work for the military-industrial complex that he detests. When the Hulk appeared in Manhattan, Thor refused to lend his aid unless the President doubled the foreign aid budget. When his request was met, Thor intervened, giving the team the time to inject the Hulk with the antidote that turned him back into Bruce Banner.

Homeland Security
Thor was the first to report that the Chitauri base in Micronesia had been long abandoned. Upon arriving at the base in Arizona, Thor and Iron Man provided air support against the Chitauri spacecraft until the Air Force arrived. When Iron Man was called down to deal with the Chitauri bomb, Thor unleashed a massive electrical burst, blasting every alien craft around him, much to General Fury's amazement, who thought he was a pacifist; Thor corrected him: "A pacifist with a big, scary hammer." Iron Man asked Thor to help him dispose of the bomb that would obliterate the entire solar system, so Thor teleported it to the wastes of Nastrond; its detonation caused only a small ripple in space-time.

Ultimates 2
Thor met Volstagg the Voluminous in a New York restaurant, where Volstagg told him that Loki had escaped the Room Without Doors, and that the Ultimates are pawns of the New World Order. When a waiter asked Thor who he was talking to, Thor explained that Volstagg was his friend, but the waiter told him that nobody else was at his table.

Captain America initially believed that Thor was responsible for the information leak that outed Banner as the Hulk, and went to a nightclub he frequented to confront him. When Thor's admirers and hangers-on attacked Cap, Thor ordered them to stop, and said that he didn't have the technological know-how to do such a thing; he offered the explanation that Loki was the most likely suspect.

When an Italian demonstration against the European Defence Initiative's super-soldier program turned violent, Thor intervened. The Ultimates learned from the EDI's head scientist, Gunnar Golmen, that Thor had stolen the technology that gives him his powers, and they tracked him to Norway to take him into custody. Thor told them that Gunnar was actually Loki, but they attacked him anyway. He shrugged off whatever they threw at him, until Quicksilver managed to remove his belt, and Thor came crashing to the ground. He now occupies Bruce Banner's cell in the Triskelion, where Gunnar/Loki taunted him about the existence of a traitor within the Ultimates' ranks.

SoTired
You could make a good argument either way. Either Fury's got it right or Thor's telling the truth, and I'm personally on Thor's side. The biggest reason is that during the Volstagg conversation, you can see Loki in the background walking out of the restaurant with the most evil looking grin I've ever seen. It really does look as though he's just rewritten reality to make Thor look ridiculous. And there's the fact that he teleported a bomb out of the universe.
But he could also be nuts. Firstly that'd be more in keeping with the Ultimates theme, where everyone's a tiny bit screwed up and you never really know what to expect. Plus, the Ultimate world is far more realistic than the usual Marvel one; it would make sense for them to phase out that Asgard crap. And he loses his powers when he loses his belt, although when he looks up and screams 'Father!' it could be that Odin's betrayed him, rather than been ignoring him/isn't real. In classic Marvel, Odin was a mean sonofabitch when it came to taking Thors powers away for a while, it could be the same here, that Odin considers Thor to have lost this particular battle.
Yeah, this didn't have a whole lot of point, except that whatever the writers decide could pretty much be justified. The Ultimate universe rules.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.