Sebastian Shaw Vs. Superman!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pointinel
SUPES not allowed to use:

HEAT VISION
ICE BREATH
FLY INTO SPACE

discuss

roughrider
Ohohoh...I was thinking of Shaw some weeks ago; he needs an opponent like this. In a pure punchup he can't be defeated - he absorbs any hit to his body and redirects the energy for his own use. Supes would have to move about as fast as the Flash; perhaps a sonic boom beside his ear who knock Shaw out. Or, in desperation, an eye gouge!

Pointinel
LOL @ EYE GOUGE

Draco69
Um. No. Shaw has his limits...and his limits are NOWHERE near Superman's level.

He was once overloaded before and he almost died.

roughrider
Originally posted by Draco69
Um. No. Shaw has his limits...and his limits are NOWHERE near Superman's level.

He was once overloaded before and he almost died.

When and against whom? I saw him take heavy shots from Colossus and get right up and flatten him.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by roughrider
When and against whom? I saw him take heavy shots from Colossus and get right up and flatten him.

He's referring to a battle with Storm i think. I could be wrong. Where she overloaded him with lightning and nearly killed him.

roughrider
Well, that's not the same. Shaw absorbs kinetic energy through his skin; lightning bolts, heat vision etc. aren't part of this. Storm did make Shaw retreat after making everything super-cold around him.
Maybe the key here is letting Shaw make the first move, if Superman can wait. He can't do anything without getting hit first. Then maybe Superman, very gently, grabs Shaw's wrists and holds. While Shaw thrashes to no avail, Superman - over the course of a few minutes - gradually breaks Shaw's wrists, slow enough that Shaw can get no energy. Then it's repeat on other body parts. evil face

ZephroCarnelian
Take it this is post-crisis Supes? Options are fairly limited then...

But some things are still possible.

He could fly round and round him in a circle to create a vacuum - causing internal pressure to rip Shaw apart.

He could dig a hole a thousand miles deep beneath Shaw and bury him within it - that'd count as a ring out.

He could grab a volcano and cover him with molten lava - that'd slow him down for a while.

Without having access to the pre-crisis powers it's a bit difficult thinking of ways to knock this guy down, but it's still possible. smile

TheKahn
Easy win for Superman. Simply pic Shaw up and throw him into the nearest electrical plant andor volcano and/or body of water. No fighting needed and no flying into space

Whirlysplatt
Good points guys smile

TheKahn
Remember that Superman is use to fighting the likes of Parasite. Someone against who typical fighting tactics will not work and will actually make him stronger. Sooner or later superman will figure out how Shaw's powers work and neutralize him

olympian
"He's referring to a battle with Storm i think. I could be wrong. Where she overloaded him with lightning and nearly killed him"

Yeah it happened in the same storyarc right? After the Colossus bit.

And while it wasent punches, it showed he can be overloed with cinetic force/energy.

Superman wins.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by olympian
"He's referring to a battle with Storm i think. I could be wrong. Where she overloaded him with lightning and nearly killed him"

Yeah it happened in the same storyarc right? After the Colossus bit.

And while it wasent punches, it showed he can be overloed with cinetic force/energy.

Superman wins.

Whilst electrical energy is not kinetic, charge is (electrons are moving) so I guess your right Olympian and Supes wins smile

Good post mate smile

olympian
Im just asking because i dont recall it. Im guessing it was in the second round of the same story. He did seemed overload by Storm altho i cant say for sure his powers would work against her.

Even at it is, i dont think by a minute he has what it takes to receive Superman punches class and continue to go with it.

K3VIL
There's certainly a limit to the amount of kinetic force Shaw can absorb, he's not an alpha or omega mutant after all.
Supes's strenght will be too much for him, and if he can take some blows, Kal El can chop off Shaw's head with heat vision.

olympian
Yeah after all he stood against a Colossus that was a teen back then.

stormfront13
yeah, supes wins easy. storm has overloaded wih with one single lightning bolt which didn't take any effort on her part.

roughrider
We don't know how great an impact Shaw can absorb and live. But, there are ways around his power, and even restricted here, Superman can find it.

Marvel=DC
I remember the comic when storm did it it's the one when Emma Frost switches bodies with her and Emma(in storm's body with her powers) due to the fact she had no idea storm's powers were connected to her emotions accidentally shocks Shaw with lightning sending him flying and ko-ing him. Shaw does have his limits and he's no where strong enough to take all of the kinetic energy supes could give him. Due to the facts that he'd either overload and that supes has faced an opponent like him before I see him winning by a landslide too many ways for Shaw to lose.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.