Scott Summers = Weenie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coffeecupkat
The Top 10 Reasons Scott Summers AKA "Cyclops" is a Weenie:

10. Boy band music on his car. (X2)

9. "Slim"? You're a teenager with superhuman powers strong enough to bust through walls by BLINKING HARD, and what do you pick for a nickname?

8. Does not and never has had an issue with running around in spandex in the comics.

7. Can't handle being beaten by a girl (Storm), so he ditches the team and runs off to Alaska?

6. Married his high school "sweetheart," but took like, 30 years, to do it.

5. Too easily influenced by random bald guys (Prof. X, Sinister, Apocalypse...)

4. Is intimidated by short men (with unbreakable adamantium claws... )

3. Can't handle a powerful woman.

2. Married twice. Both wives commit suicide. A coincidence? I think not.

and the #1 reason Scott Summers Is A Weenie...

Was stupid enough to cheat on not one, but TWO women who have access to the Phoenix Force.

Marvelgeek
I'm bored and of a different opinion so I'm gonna take a few minutes to reply in some way to the issues at hand, be it effective, brilliant or... not. Originally posted by coffeecupkat

Well... yeah.... stick out tongue
Originally posted by coffeecupkat

9. "Slim"? You're a teenager with superhuman powers strong enough to bust through walls by BLINKING HARD, and what do you pick for a nickname?

I'm sure he did not pick it himself.... Plus it was written in the sixties.

8. Does not and never has had an issue with running around in spandex in the comics.
blink And the rest do? He wears a cowl now again though erm

7. Can't handle being beaten by a girl (Storm), so he ditches the team and runs off to Alaska? True. But it also had to do with feeling the team had changed so much and the missus wanting him to quit the buiz.

30 years our time. wink And u know stuff like her being dead and remarrying also takes time.

Sinister's not bald! smile

4. Is intimidated by short men (with unbreakable adamantium claws... ) Who isn't? lookaround

dontgetit He can't?

Now that's just... circumstancial evidence... no evidence at all... stick out tongue Also Jean killed herself? confused I'm having memory issues with this one.

Was stupid enough to cheat on not one, but TWO women who have access to the Phoenix Force. kap

Disturbance
Ha Ha. laughing

X-Menfan87
Originally posted by Marvelgeek
Well... yeah.... stick out tongue

Who isn't? lookaround

So true laughing out loud

willRules

7. Can't handle being beaten by a girl (Storm), so he ditches the team and runs off to Alaska?

Was stupid enough to cheat on not one, but TWO women who have access to the Phoenix Force.

laughing out loud Its true.......

GalacticStorm

laughing out loud couldnt have put it better myself

stormfront13
ha ha ha, can't wait till Pr sees this.

Arcane
i would just like to say the music in his car in the movies, has shit all to do with the real Cyclops in the comics, the movies is just another form of the X-men like Evolution is, therefor you can not justify your first comment with the real Cyclops

crimsonphoenix
hey at least it was nsync ......it could have been the spice girls

JirK
whats wrong with these reasons...

10) the movie is bios against him and kept him out of most of it and tried to make him look like a ***.

9) seems fitting that hes skinny in the old days.

8) he does what it takes to be a hero, plain and simple.

7) id be pissed off too if i got beat by a powerless storm.

6) i know for a fact your not making fun of him for marrying the very hot jean grey, thats just f**kin silly.

5) his one downfall.

4) i can remember many times where cyclops would pick a fight with logan and win to teach him a lesson. my favorate was when they were after proteus.

3) as you said, 2 women with the phoenix force. and the white queen. 3 powerful women.

2) jean didnt comit sucide. pryor was messed in the head by sinister.

1) that takes balls to do that.

DONT MESS WITH CYCLOPS!

xmarksthespot
coffeecupkat do you like Gambit? shifty
Imo generally dislike or disinterest in characters with actual rich history and complex characterisation and development e.g. Cyclops, Shadowcat, Colossus is coupled with fondness of characters lacking these qualities, e.g. Gambit.

Btw Sinister has a full head of hair.

spiderboy5
uhh for number 7 if cyclops and storm had a rematch cyke would beat storm. smile

pr1983
Alrighty...

Movies do not and have never counted...

He's a sueprhero... what else would he wear?

Neither has Batman, Deadpool, Thor, Green Lantern etc...

Did you actually read that comic properly? And did you forget the other instance where he took her down?

Umm... no... not even...

Sinister isnt bald, and any influence over him is hardly his fault...

Since when has he ever been intimidated by Wolverine?

Says who? Jean, Emma, Psylocke and Maddie would beg to differ...

Dumb dumb dumb dumd dumb...

Love is a very complicated thing... and its not like he wasnt cheated in is it...

You could make a list like that about half the x-men if you really wanted... erm

xmarksthespot
Actually according to Batfans Batman wears ultra-super-duper-magically-imbued-force-absorbing spectra/kevlar hybrid that can withstand Superman's punches. shifty

pr1983
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Actually according to Batfans Batman wears ultra-super-duper-magically-imbued-force-absorbing spectra/kevlar hybrid that can withstand Superman's punches. shifty

laughing

apoc001
My turn.
10. That was the movie's way of making him look "hip"
9. Actually, he picked Cyclops
8. Ha ha true. I'm sure he (and everyone else) just does it because ladies in the comic universe find it attractive.
7. I would too...
6. That's how it was done back in the day
5. Well, so am I
4. Those guys are freaky little buggers
3. Yes, that would make him a weenie
2. True, so true
1. Yeah, and they were hot, too! What the hell, Scott!

Yeah... I'm just really bored. Scott's a weenie.

pr1983
accidental post...

Disappear
marvelgeek, the dark phoenix committed suicide, but it turned out it wasn't jean. and jean sacrificed herself into the sun to save one particularly hirsute sonuva. i don't suppose either really count, unless i'm missing something.

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by Disappear
marvelgeek, the dark phoenix committed suicide, but it turned out it wasn't jean. and jean sacrificed herself into the sun to save one particularly hirsute sonuva. i don't suppose either really count, unless i'm missing something. doh The thing on the moon.... How could I forget that?! But like u said... Doesnt count whistle

Mace911
post removed

Marvelgeek
ban

Disappear
technically, the "jean" that committed suicide had portions of the real jean's life-force and "soul," but instead of going to the hereafter they were supposed to go back to the real jean. but then they went to madelyne pryor...

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by Disappear
technically, the "jean" that committed suicide had portions of the real jean's life-force and "soul," but instead of going to the hereafter they were supposed to go back to the real jean. but then they went to madelyne pryor... ...which I think was a interesting and good choice, made seceral good stories possible. Claremont didnt wanna bring jean back (once they killed her, which wasnt originally the plan). At least that's how I got it? I think. confused

X-Menfan87
Originally posted by crimsonphoenix
hey at least it was nsync ......it could have been the spice girls
Thats still very wrong.

JirK
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

i just want to say that i really laughed hard when i read that. you have won the batman fanboy award. you are the biggest. go to disney world and have fun you crazy SOB.

xmarksthespot
erm You do realise I don't much like Batman on the vs forum and the ridiculous BS Batfans want to make him do...?

X-Menfan87
what?

long pig
Cyclops did kill Sabretooth with one hit.
Something no one else has ever done.

Cyclops is that guy who seems to be good at everything and has the balls to not give a shit if you don't think he's cool. And he can kick your ass, and he's smarter than you.

Paola
use Cyclops thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.