Media Project: Are you a fan of Psychological Thrillers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Misc_Rose
Hey Everyone!
I am an A-level student and in the process of doing my first assignment of the year in Media Studies.
The task is to do a presentation on an area of the media. My choice is film, and have chosen the genre of psychological thrillers to focus on.
One aspect of this project is audience.
I was hoping you guys could help me find the audience for this genre.

All I need you to do is answer the question of: Are you a fan of psychological thrillers? Just a quick answer of Yes or No would be great- if you could quickly explain your reasoning would be even better e.g. you find them to complex e.t.c.

Could I also ask of you to tell me your gender and age, so I can find an average audience for this genre.

It would be a massive help if you could reply!
Thanks
Misc Rose smile

botankus
Yes, Male, 29

Morpheus
yes,male,20

Myth
Yes, male, 21 (Se7en rock )

romper_stomper
no,male 22,give me some nasty grindhouse sleaze any old day of the week

T.M
if they are well made then yes if not then they can be horrible, male 18

Mandorallen
Yes. Male,16.

Se7en
Unbreakable
The sixth sense

Misc_Rose
Thanx very much guys big grin

Misc_Rose
Anyone else have a viewpoint?

Wild_7
Yes if Battle Royale counts as a psychological thriller.

male, 17

Acherontia
Yes, Male, 18

The Are usually intelligant And Smart Films.

But Some Are just Right out genious in script wrighting and Directing.

Such as "The Shinning"

"The Silence Of The Lambs" was also brilliant.

Misc_Rose
Thanks wink

BackFire
Male 22 - Yes, I enjoy a good psychological thriller. I enjoy the intriguing feeling of knowing that a film maker is ahead of me, and taking me on a journey only to have the rug pulled out from under me. However, GOOD psychological thrillers are few and far between, and most of them blow.

T.M
Originally posted by BackFire
Male 22 - Yes, I enjoy a good psychological thriller. I enjoy the intriguing feeling of knowing that a film maker is ahead of me, and taking me on a journey only to have the rug pulled out from under me. However, GOOD psychological thrillers are few and far between, and most of them blow.

agreed.

DeVi| D0do
Male, 18 - Like someone else mentioned, there are some that are well made and some that are very poor. But for the most part I enjoy them. I find them intriguing and compelling. The tension is great if done right... Predictability is another deciding factor. I like not knowing what's coming next, or being wrong about what I think is coming... but then again, it makes me feel special when I can predict the ending ahead of time... makes me fell smart. big grin

Misc_Rose
Hey Guys!
I did my presentation last friday- it went way better than expected. Thank you for your help- apparently the idea to ask you lot was a good one, so thanks for replying.
I will be back (most likely) for your help again- we get to do a whole film project next year that I'm looking forward too wink

Misc Rose xxx

Mandorallen
Awsome, Good job.

bahhh_yeti
YES! male, 16
they actually have a great plot and great casting (scratch nicole kidman in the interpreter). Also was rather pissed to hear Vin Diesel was in to play Agent 47 in the upcoming movie of the Eidos production "Hitman" which is a gorey psychological thriller based game.

Sorgo
Male, 25

Yes, go watch "Saw".

Cringe
Yes,Male,14

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.