Used DVD question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
I have a DVD that was previously owned by a video store. It has that extra cover on the DVD itself that says "Do not remove" and other such phrases. Does it ruin the DVD to take that off? Or is that just for the sake of the video store?

Cinemaddiction
Video store. Movie Gallery used to put these thin plastic stickers over the entire DVD, just so people knew where they got it from. You can buy this stuff called GOO GONE. It's a citrus acid remover, totally harmless, and it will kill the glue, and the sticker will come right off.

There's no penalties or anything like that for removing it, besides, it's yours now anyway.

Myth
I knew their was no penalties, I just wanted to make sure there is no damage. Do I put Goo Gone over the top of the sticker?

Cinemaddiction
If you can start to get the sticker off with your fingernails or something, that's when you use the Goo Gone. Then, once you get the whole thing off, cover the top in Goo Gone, and after a minute, it'll scrape right off. The disc will be fine, even if you get it on the bottom. It'll just feel a little greasy.

Wolfie
I got a game once real cheap from EB or something. It had the big Hollywood Video sticker all over the top (hmmm). I went ahead and peeled it off and left it at that. It works fine.

tabby999
i think we've uncovered KMCs biggest discovery ever! Cine is really MARTHA STEWART

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.