Flash vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dvampire
Who takes this fight?

NoFate007
Given his potential, Flash.

armandovalles
Thor, flash has no superhuman durability, therefore one shot from Mjolnir and he's down, and as fast as Flash is, he's not as fast as lightning.

golem370
Ok lets say Thor stands there and Flash tries to do what he did to Branic ok so it Flash about 10 seconds before he first went around the world. If I was Thor I would throw my Hammer in the opposite direction then boom Flash gets a face lift lol or He could just start twirling it and Flash runs in to it

golem370
He kinda has to have Superhuman Durability if his body is to withstand the friction

Scoobless
he has some kind of speed force aura in place of super durability.... it protects him and the environment around him from the effects of his speed

(i think)

golem370
Is that not the same thing kinda

jrodslam
Originally posted by armandovalles
Thor, flash has no superhuman durability, therefore one shot from Mjolnir and he's down, and as fast as Flash is, he's not as fast as lightning.

Flash is faster than lightning. big grin

Scoobless
Originally posted by golem370
Is that not the same thing kinda

well, it means that running at 1,000 mph wont harm him.... but he's still not bulletproof

jrodslam
Originally posted by Scoobless
well, it means that running at 1,000 mph wont harm him.... but he's still not bulletproof

True, but a bullet would and should never touch him. Its been stated that Thor isnt quite bulletproof either. Thats the reason for the twirling of the hammer.

Scoobless
Thor is bulletproof

the hammer twirl is probably just a reflex as he's used to Asgardian (and other mythical type) weapons that could pierce his flesh

jrodslam
Thor is bulletproof

the hammer twirl is probably just a reflex as he's used to Asgardian (and other mythical type) weapons that could pierce his flesh

Ummm. Thats has been a debate itself. Its never been shown of Thor taking bullets. big grin

Ultimate Ion
Thor twirls the hammer for the same reason Wonder Woman blocks bullets with her bracelets. It demoralizes the opponent.

TheKahn
Thor takes this. First of all the Flash cannot really hurt Thor. I know, I know that Flash's infinite mass punch is suppose to be on superman's level but I just CANNOT buy the flash punching out the fricken' Norse GOD OF THUNDER. I'm sorry...... I just can't. Next, since his powers are of magical origin, I don't think that the Flash could steal his speed. Thor could simply fly into the air and start pounging the earth's surface with lighting.

Scoobless
Originally posted by jrodslam
Ummm. Thats has been a debate itself. Its never been shown of Thor taking bullets. big grin

i know.... i've definitely seen him get shot before.... but i'm having a look through all the comics i have have saved and can't find any examples...... i have one of him surviving a nuke level explosion pretty much unharmed... but no bullets

big grin

Scoobless
it's possible that Thor could tap and drain the speed force from Flash

jrodslam
it's possible that Thor could tap and drain the speed force from Flash

No it isnt. no

Scoobless
why not? it's really just another energy field

jrodslam
Yea, but not really.

His speedforce aura comes from another dimension unknown to many. I doubt Thor could tap that.

Sentry
Thor has stopped time before. It could theoretically work here. Now you guys are selling Thor short and kinda overrating the Flash. I'm not saying Thor can't be beat. But the odds are against Flash.

Thor 9 times out of 10.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Ultimate Ion
Thor twirls the hammer for the same reason Wonder Woman blocks bullets with her bracelets. It demoralizes the opponent.

Ummm...no she doesn't. She has durability, but a significant enough force covering a small enough surface area (such as bullets, missiles, lasers, etc) would be able to penetrate her skin. That's why she blocks them, it has been stated as such.
----
To this thread Thor has been written at times to be really durable and of course not so durable as getting the air knocked out of him from getting hit by a car.

Sentry
Originally posted by King_Mungi

To this thread Thor has been written at times to be really durable and of course not so durable as getting the air knocked out of him from getting hit by a car.

If Flash got hit by a car, he'd be dead.

jrodslam
Thor is not the only one who stops time. Well.....technically Flash doesnt stop it, but to him its stoped. Flash is also able to travel back in time as well as billions of years in the future.

I bet that Flash would be able to "stop time" before Thor does.

Draco69
Ummm...no she doesn't. She has durability, but a significant enough force covering a small enough surface area (such as bullets, missiles, lasers, etc) would be able to penetrate her skin. That's why she blocks them, it has been stated as such.
----

Which is think personally is sh**. She takes full-on heat vision in the face and her thumbs; was punched with such tremendous force she went from the Sun to Earth in mere seconds....and bullets can hurt?

I cry bull****. It makes no sense whatsover to me. Much like Hulk's weakness to sleeping gas.

Ultimate Ion

Show me.

Sentry
Thor is not the only one who stops time. Well.....technically Flash doesnt stop it, but to him its stoped. Flash is also able to travel back in time as well as billions of years in the future.

I bet that Flash would be able to "stop time" before Thor does.

Takes him a few seconds at least to get to that point. Thor can time travel as well. What will the Flash do to Thor?

Sentry
Originally posted by Draco69
Which is think personally is sh**. She takes full-on heat vision in the face and her thumbs; was punched with such tremendous force she went from the Sun to Earth in mere seconds....and bullets can hurt?

I cry bull****. It makes no sense whatsover to me. Much like Hulk's weakness to sleeping gas.

I must agree with Draco here. He's proven to me WW can take a lot of abuse, and bullets and such should not even scratch her.

Hulk's weakness to sleeping gas is also full of sh!t. In some comics Sleeping gas drops him like a light. In others it merely makes him sneeze.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Sentry

Not true. It once happened, and Flash absorbed the kinetic energy from it. No harm done. big grin

jrodslam
Takes him a few seconds at least to get to that point. Thor can time travel as well. What will the Flash do to Thor?

No it doesnt. Fractions of seconds if that.
Flash can IMP Thor.
Steal his kinetic energy.
I wonder if the vibrational punch would work?

What would Thor do to Flash?

Sentry
Not true. It once happened, and Flash absorbed the kinetic energy from it. No harm done. big grin

So if he was walking down the street with headphones on and not expecting a car to run over him, and he got run over by a car, he would survive?

He's got a steel hide now?

Honestly, what will Flash do to Thor?

Sentry
No it doesnt. Fractions of seconds if that.
Flash can IMP Thor.
Steal his kinetic energy.
I wonder if the vibrational punch would work?

What would Thor do to Flash?

Bust a moon size crater into the ground, shake earth until Flash trips over a pebble. Or he could simply take off into the sky into space, destroying earth with his Mjolnir, thus killing the Flash.

If BRB can destroy planets, Thor certainly can.

King_Mungi

Not really, he can vibrate through it and hell his speed and reflexes alone would be able to dodge it. For instance he felt a bullet on the back of his neck and he kicked it into speedmode and avoided it.

Sure can, read any bio on her from the secret files or on sites (don't trust them, take them with a grain of salt) but that's how it is. I don't agree with it, but that was statement. Are you arguing with me or just saying it's bullshit? bwahaha...Batman beating the Hulk? madness I say.

Originally posted by Ultimate Ion
Show me.

My scanner is down for the momments, but I will just use various sites (gah!)

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157594&highlight=woman%27s+powers

"While not invulnerable, her body is considerably denser than the average human being, providing her with the appropriate stamina and endurance necessary to perform the feats described prior, as well as to survive unprotected in harsh and extreme environments like Hell, Hades, the Poles or outer space (with the appropriate breathing apparatus)- although, a significant enough force covering a small enough surface area (such as bullets, missiles, lasers, etc) would be able to penetrate her skin (ARTEMIS: REQUIEM #1; JLA #4; UNDERWORLD UNLEASHED #1-3; WONDER WOMAN #124, 178, Secret Files #1)."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A29691-2001Apr17

http://www.amazon-archives.com/ww169.htm
http://www.amazon-archives.com/Images/169pic2.gif

http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/thread.jspa?threadID=2000029433&tstart=0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_woman
"Wonder Woman could be wounded or slain by any mortal projectile that she was unable to deflect. She had a superior metabolism, more resistant to blunt injury than normal mortals, but was not invulnerable. She lost her superior abilities and became a normal mortal woman when her Amazonian bracelets were bound together by a man. If her bracelets were removed, she ran amok in a kind of "berserker rage."

http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/wonder_woman/wonder_woman.html
"Her resistance to injury is not quite as great as any of the above mentioned metahumans. She has withstood considerable bludgeoning damage in the form of hand to hand combat with metahuman opponents (such as Superman and Captain Marvel) and physical damage (as seen when she is knocked back through two multi-story office buildings and then buried beneath them). She seems more vulnerable to energy attacks but she deflects most ranged attacks when she can. She has considerable resistance to human weaponries, although there are inconsistancies in her ability to resist injury, the variances are probably due to discrepancies in observation. Perhaps her ability varies with some as for yet unknown condition that strengthens or weakens her in relationship to her Pantheon of patron dieties. "

Trust me, it's true. Unless it was recently retconned.

Draco69
Nice work, King Mungi. But I'm NOT disagreeing with you. I as a WW expert am fully aware of that weakness. I just think it's bull. It makes no sense.

She can withstand nuclear assaults...but a capsule made of copper can hurt her?

I think they should just do away with the weakness.

EDIT: Oh and at least three of your sources including the pic refers to Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman. PC is a WHOLE nother animal. Very complicated.

jrodslam
So if he was walking down the street with headphones on and not expecting a car to run over him, and he got run over by a car, he would survive?

He's got a steel hide now?

C'mon, you act like as if his preceptions arent off the charts. If he is to get hit by a car, as soon as it hits, hed kick into gear and absorb the kinetic energy of the impact.

No he doesnt have a steel hide at all.

King_Mungi
Nice work, King Mungi. But I'm NOT disagreeing with you. I as a WW expert am fully aware of that weakness. I just think it's bull. It makes no sense.

She can withstand nuclear assaults...but a capsule made of copper can hurt her?

I think they should just do away with the weakness.

EDIT: Oh and at least three of your sources including the pic refers to Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman. PC is a WHOLE nother animal. Very complicated.

I totally agree, like you said in the recent fight with Superman in Sacrifice she took serious shots and heat vision and she still was fine. Hurt, but still fine. Never understood that, but she does use it to demoralize the people as well as protection.

Yeah the JSA: WW is different I just tried to grab as many links in a short amount of time. Diana's mom being WW, going back in time...oh I know it's complicated.

jrodslam
Bust a moon size crater into the ground, shake earth until Flash trips over a pebble. Or he could simply take off into the sky into space, destroying earth with his Mjolnir, thus killing the Flash.

If BRB can destroy planets, Thor certainly can.

First off, any move that Thor would try and accomplish would be only the beginning of a thought if that.

Even if one of those moves got off, the earth would be shaking in slow-motion to Wally. It would be like running on top of little hills.

Ok so Thor wins by going into space and destroying the panet. laughing laughing laughing

Good debate.

jrodslam
If Thor destroys the planet, i guess FLash would just run in the space-time continuum forever.

roughrider
Well, destroying the planet is a last resort, hopefully. laughing

Anyway, Flash doesn't have anything in his arsenal that could make him score a definite K.O. over Thor - not even that special punch - so it's just a matter of time before Thor tracks him down from above and delivers a knockout of his own, whether hammer or lighting. If Thor spins with the hammer, Wally will never get through that defense, or get knocked flying if he did.

joesha28
well Thor can destroy a planet cos BRB did. But BRB is a alien with Thor's power, Thor is thor with Thor's power, duh! Thor will not do that. A hard knock for wally will do. Flash cannot vibrate that. Another thing, Thor have taken bullets been shown before and discussed about.

jrodslam
joesha, did you just say that Flash CANT vibrate through punches? And i dont think anyone here has shown Thor taking bullets. If you can, that would be nice.

King KAM
Flash..........why??? because hes the fastset man alive

roughrider
Then fighting Thor will speed him on the way to his grave!rip

King KAM
Originally posted by roughrider
canada sucks.....

spiderboy5
hey kam would u mind not dissing canada? its kinda annoying..........

dvampire
Originally posted by roughrider

How so? smile

King KAM
not my fault canada sucks... he said so...and everything he says is TRUTH!(He=peter griffin)

King_Mungi
If I could get someone to house-sit my igloo, I would cross the border with my sled dogs and slap you in the face with some seal pelts for being so ignorant. Since I can't I'm going to have some maple syrup while I watch some hockey you hozer.

OneDumbG0
Flash is pretty resistant to physical force and then some. I'll get some scans up this weekend from 'Rogue War' which is Geoff Johns send off, and you'll see examples of all these.

One, he creates a field around him that can withstand concussive and electromagnetic and temperature based attacks. Supposedly with the Speed Force. So even if Zoom got a right cross on him which is apparently moving at a couple thousand mph, his head doesn't get knocked off.

Two, he's got super quick healing for what gets through faster than the Hulk, which is another manipulation of the Speed Force, although I've never seen him grow back organs. He can mend his broken body in other words.

Three, he can use his speed to redirect inertia, vibrate through things or just plain suck the kinetic energy out of it.

He's probably got more methods and I daresay he could take a shot from Superman. Sounds a little Pre-C, but its not, its just that you can do a whole lot with the Speed Force.

But I still think Thor could beat him. If Weather Wizard can get a few good shots in, think of Weather Wizard with near limitless strength, a god's magic, a mystical uru hammer and a 'true warrior-born spirit' with several millenias worth of fighting experience.

ZephroCarnelian
I bet Flash could at least manage a draw in this.

Sure - Thor has plenty of advantageous powers.

But as people have been saying in the Supes vs Flash thread - he won't have a chance to use them against someone so fast.

If IMPs are effective against Thor, then Flash could win.

But I reckon Thor's durability is on par with Supes', so IMPs wouldn't be enough to put him down permanently and thus it'd be a draw, with the advantage going to Flash.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.