sidious vs Hoth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Avis
2 threads in 1 hour kill me. this is 2 people near yoda's power fighting to the death. this is 30 year old sids with 65 year old sids knowledge (no droping lightsaber in 1 min.stick out tongue) ohh and 20 buck Glentract is going with Hoth on this one

Darth_Glentract
Hoth has this.

Darth Avis
who is right

Darth_Glentract
To bad you edited your post.

Darth Avis
before i saw what you wrote. it was the exact same minute and i cant write that in 20 seconds

Darth_Glentract
Ya, but I posted and then looked back over the thread and it wasn't there. You posted so I came back and you had edited in it there.

Darth Avis
whatever but i didnt see you wrote it i just knew you were hoth's biggest man

Darth Avis
Glentract why would Hoth win and dont give me Wiki ohh and good night i need some sleep

DarthMaul9123
sids takes this because i dont know anything about lord hoth

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth Avis
Glentract why would Hoth win and dont give me Wiki ohh and good night i need some sleep

Have I ever said anything about him from wiki? I have given reasons many times.

Illustrious
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
sids takes this because i dont know anything about lord hoth

Because YOU don't know anything about Lord Hoth, Sidious would win? Why does it matter what YOU know at all? What implication does that have on this fight?

If you don't know, learn it; ignorance is not an excuse.

Darth Magnevus
Hmmm, I think Hoth, Sid's more of a leader, he's eather hiding behind his apprentice or behind an army of clones, he really doesn't do much fighting.

Darth Avis
but he did pwn 3 jedi in that many seconds. Dont give me they were caught by surprise. They were ready to attack when sidious launched himself. I think he underestimated Mace so he got pwned but thats me. Sids is also a little weaker then yoda as is Hoth so Sidious is a good fighter. And Glentract i meant give reasons why Hoth will win this fight.

Darth Traya
but he did pwn 3 jedi in that many seconds. Dont give me they were caught by surprise. They were ready to attack when sidious launched himself. I think he underestimated Mace so he got pwned but thats me. Sids is also a little weaker then yoda as is Hoth so Sidious is a good fighter. And Glentract i meant give reasons why Hoth will win this fight.

Yet Hoth led the Republic against countless Sith Lords, all whom outclass Palpatine in sheer calibre and power.

birthoftheforce
While Sidious has been more of a leader and sneak, he has shown great fighting ability aswell. he faired pretty well against windu (just after he had already killed 3 jedi masters quite effortlessly) and basically defeated yoda while showing great strength in the force and his own variant of ataru which could rival yoda's. To me, during the time of ROTS the best 4 were in order of best to worse: Mace windu, sidious, yoda and dooku. I can't see Hoth being as good as any of these master force users. He does have war experience (the battle of Ruusan) and looks pretty powerful and he was an echani but he just seems like more of a jedi leader than warrior.

birthoftheforce
Maybe Bane and Kaan were more powerful than sidious but how do you know that any other of the brotherhood were stronger.

Darth Traya
Originally posted by birthoftheforce
While Sidious has been more of a leader and sneak, he has shown great fighting ability aswell. he faired pretty well against windu (just after he had already killed 3 jedi masters quite effortlessly) and basically defeated yoda while showing great strength in the force and his own variant of ataru which could rival yoda's. To me, during the time of ROTS the best 4 were in order of best to worse: Mace windu, sidious, yoda and dooku. I can't see Hoth being as good as any of these master force users. He does have war experience (the battle of Ruusan) and looks pretty powerful and he was an echani but he just seems like more of a jedi leader than warrior.

That last sentence was pathetic, he was a warrior, he fought against the Sith on the front lines, not back in some command post. Sidious didn't beat Yoda, he just got lucky. Oh, and Hoth could have made short work of those three masters anyway.

birthoftheforce
Yeah but how do you know that. that was just a guess whereas what i have said is from weighing out the facts about both of them and then using accurate speculation to find an outcome. Sidious did beat Yoda. yoda ended up losing his sabre and had to flee. During the duel Yoda had been hit with lightning, caused a lightning explosing which resulted in him falling from a pretty high area and lost his lightsaber. Sidious had only been force pushed and had a bit of lightning redirected back towards him. Oh and he got pushed back like 1 metre due to the lightning explosion. Yoda totally lost.

Darth_Glentract

birthoftheforce
hoth did do pretty impressive things but i think Sidious did even more impressive things

Fishy
Like?

birthoftheforce
defeat yoda, remian undetected for years, manipulate anakin into joining the sith and dark side of the force and eliminate almost all of the jedi. Sidious showed great strength in his battle with windu by easily killing the three masters and he showed great strength in the force against yoda. He was also a political and scientific genius.

Admiral Akbar
Manipulation makes him a better sith? what??
Making Anakin join the dark side!WHOA,so what that doesnt tell me anything.Defeated YODA!! true, but anyone could argue about that.

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Darth Traya
Yet Hoth led the Republic against countless Sith Lords, all whom outclass Palpatine in sheer calibre and power. No i think most werent that strong. Kaan was a cowerd and most likely weak since he made the brotherhood probebly because he was afraid to fight the other Sith. Hoth was equal to kaan so yea. Am i wrong?

Darth Traya
No i think most werent that strong. Kaan was a cowerd and most likely weak since he made the brotherhood probebly because he was afraid to fight the other Sith. Hoth was equal to kaan so yea. Am i wrong? Kaan, Bane, et cetera, all of whom outclass Sidious.

birthoftheforce
only kaan and bane outclass sidious that we know of. The others seem far inferior to sidious and maybe even bane.

Darth Avis
Bane is stronger then Sidious. Kaan is probably stronger. the rest i doubt

Darth Traya
Originally posted by birthoftheforce
only kaan and bane outclass sidious that we know of. The others seem far inferior to sidious and maybe even bane.

The others? We don't even know about the others, give me information to prove that they are inferior.

Fishy
To prove that they are inferior? You should be proving they are more powerful because there is no real argument to make out how powerful they are. Yet you are saying they are more powerful then Sidious. Why would they be more powerful then Sidious?

Deus Ex
Uh, because they were Sith Lords capable enough to wage war with the Jedi. Can you see Sidious on the battlefield? Hell no. He's not that capable. It's not his forte.

This is really simple; Hoth is a battle hardened elder Jedi. Hell, the fact that he was Echani means he's a martial minded being with easily enough training to make Sidious look like a part-time jogger in comparison.

But if you want something more solid (And it's apparent most of you do, since you're being particularly negative) let's evaluate SIdious' battle accomplishments:

- Defeated three PT era jedi masters in combat. Keep in mind that being a jedi master merely means you have successfully trained a padawan. In reality, the only dangerous jeid master there was Windu who, if you notice, stepped back and reacted instantly to Sidious' charge. The others were caught off guard (mentally, even if they were ready to fight, they were obviously not ready for his assault.) and died instantly. Seeing as Jedi during the time of Ruusan are noted for being more warlike than any jedi afterwards (Since this was the height of tension between the Sith and the Jedi for the last 2,000 years) it would seem logical to believe that they are very capable in saber to saber combat. It would not be an era where only one Makashi practitioner exists, since saber to saber combat is still a priority. Also, weaker, less effective styles like Niman would have no place here, since the emphasis of the jedi is to oppose the Sith. In the PT era, the Sith were thought to be virtually extinct.

- Sidious lost in combat to Mace. This is a debate in itself, but let's be reasonable here: Sidious was on the defensive. He was forced backwards, and had to dodge a few swipes by Mace Windu to stay on top of things. Then he was put on his ass and saberless, unable to take the advantage. Now, Nick Gillard says in an issue of Star Wars Insider (the one with "Obi-Wan Strikes Back" on the cover) that Sidious' style is ambiguous and tends to draw people in, deceiving them that he is weak when he isn't. It is entirely possible that Sidious threw this fight. It's also entirely possible he didn't. Since we have no clear canonical declaration either way, it is simpler to ignore the unknowns and go with what we can verify. That is, Mace Windu stood up ot SIdious, forced him back, and had him defenseless. The uses of the Force did not appear to remedy this, and the betrayal of Skywalker was what aided Sidious. Thus, he had no clear victory over Windu. Period.

- Last, Sidious survived a fight with Yoda. Notice I didn't say won. It was not a victory so much through his own skill as it was through a perverse stroke of luck; Sidious was able to gaina handhold when Yoda wasn't. But let's break down the fight: Sidious shocks Yoda. Yoda throws Sidious. They begin to fight. Sidious, to his credit, is able to match blows with Yoda at point blank range. Somehow, however, Sidious loses his saber. Yoda takes the low ground, and Sidious begins raining pods at Yoda. Yoda avoids some and even sends one back, which totally effs with Sidious' battle plan. Yoda hops up to the same pod, and Sidious unleashes lightning, at which point Yoda drops his saber to deflect it. Yoda is initially pushed bakc on his heels, but with a look of resolve, begins o push back. Sidious gets a look on his face like someone peed in his IV, and then there is a big boom, which pushes the two fellows apart. Sidious catches a guide rail on his side. Yoda clutches the side with his nails, but his grip slips and he falls a considerable distance.

So there you have it; Sidious' combat expertise. How does this mean he can take out a General and top dog of an entire army of warlike Jedi? It doesn't, to be blunt.

Fishy
They were talking about the nobody's Janus the Mauls and stuff like that. Not the power players.

Deus Ex
Well, this thread IS about the power players. WHy the hell bicker over no-name jedi? If Hoth was on top, and he -did- fight on the front, why the hell would he be weak? Especially, weaker than Sidious? There is nothing to show that Sidious would overcome Hoth, unless someone likes the arena with pods.

Fishy
Because somebody emntioned it earlier.. I don't understand either.. Anyways Hoth owns Sidious no doubt about that.

Deus Ex
Word.

Fishy
You know, you make me want to play Deus Ex again... Its annoying.

Deus Ex
Deus Ex pwns. I'm gonna replay it soon.

Fishy
I probably am too... Which makes it annoying because I want to play other things too..... You are a bastard for making me play those games again...

Seriously though if I start playing again I will totally lose my ability to play any other games, which sucks....

Deus Ex
What are you currently playing right now?

Me, I'm working on three Resident Evil titles, Star Wars galaxies, Timesplitters III, and my old SNES/NES emulated games.

Fishy
Originally posted by Deus Ex
What are you currently playing right now?

Me, I'm working on three Resident Evil titles, Star Wars galaxies, Timesplitters III, and my old SNES/NES emulated games.

Started Kotor again doesn't have any speed though, still some RTW every now and then like once every two three days, Age of Empires III demo and Mount & Blade

Deus Ex
There's an Age of Kings III already?

Fishy
No just a Demo... When Age of Empires III gets released you probably won't see for a few weeks until I manage to get my gaming and forum time to something balanced again.

Deus Ex
Where can I get the demo?

Fishy
http://www.ageofempires3.com/ Right there...

TFVercetti
naughty naughty fishy. Advertising websites is against forum rules. I had to report you.

Fishy
I'm so scared now... Returning after being permantly banned is also against the rules, but that doesn't seem to stop you.

Deus Ex
You need to go right back out again. No one here is fond of your insults, Vercetti.

Darth_Glentract
I thought advertising other forums was against the rules. I don't think there is anything against non-forum websites. Am I wrong on this?

Deus Ex
It's not advertising. I asked for a link about a game. He gave it to me. He wasn't pushing it or soliciting it. And senior members do have the ability to post links. If posting a link is advertising, we should not be able ot do so.

Illustrious
There's no "advertising" there, at least not from the denotative definition.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Fishy
No just a Demo... When Age of Empires III gets released you probably won't see for a few weeks until I manage to get my gaming and forum time to something balanced again.

There is an Age of Empires III! Yes! Finally! My favorate game series is finally going to get a new hit!

Fishy
Its coming along, best part you can play as the Dutch...

But i'm not quite sure on how much I will like it, so far its great. But it has a few of Mythology's faults. First of all limited building of houses and temples and town centres and castles.. Which just sucks...

The battle will concentrate on a few fixed points probably, the trade points... The things that get you resources when all else runs out. Now nothing bad about that, but you can put up huge defenses there and it will be who does that first who wins.. At least if things turn bad, besides it invites people to rush which sucks.

Wood is far more rare then anything else, you can create coin farms and food farms, wood runs out. Making what used to be one of the most worthless resources later on in the game, to the most important resource in the game. When that should have been gold..

Also some units take in more population slots, all but one do so with some kind of logic but Grenadeers take in more population then they should its only one guy. I don't understand why they did this, but okay... Maybe they will change it, or maybe they won't...

Whatever the case for the most part I think the game is great... I don't know if it will be an Age of Empires II in quality but its good from what I saw at the demo...

Deus Ex
They really did hack down the number of civlizations. That is why I went to Rise of Nations and didn't look back after Age of Empires II; I like my selection, even if I am the same civilization every time.

Veneficus
They really did hack down the number of civlizations. That is why I went to Rise of Nations and didn't look back after Age of Empires II; I like my selection, even if I am the same civilization every time.

Rise of Nations was ok...but it lacked the classic Age of Empires feeling to it.

Deus Ex
I can't say I missed that feeling as opposed to having all those options.

But I can't play the AoE III demo; it resets my computer every time.

Fishy
I don't know, RoN was good but it just wasn't Age of Empires... Mythology just sucked IMO, it destroyed everything that made Age pf Empires 2 great. Still the lack of civilizations did not annoy me all that much.

And if they balance the civilizations it doesn't matter that there are only eight to choose from. As long as those 8 are good then really I don't care. Besides the expansion will add more civilizations. stick out tongue

Deus Ex
I hope I can play the real game, because every time I boot up the demo my computer clicks and restarts, which is as annoying as being shot in the foot every time.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Fishy
I don't know, RoN was good but it just wasn't Age of Empires... Mythology just sucked IMO, it destroyed everything that made Age pf Empires 2 great. Still the lack of civilizations did not annoy me all that much.

And if they balance the civilizations it doesn't matter that there are only eight to choose from. As long as those 8 are good then really I don't care. Besides the expansion will add more civilizations. stick out tongue

Dude Mythlolgy kicked ass!

Veneficus
I hope I can play the real game, because every time I boot up the demo my computer clicks and restarts, which is as annoying as being shot in the foot every time.

Judging by the graphics I doubt I will be able to play the real game.

*sigh*

Deus Ex
Well, it isn't the game of the ages. Now, if you couldn't play Star Wars Versus (With every character in the series from Carth to Whicket to C3P0) that would be a bloody shame.

Fishy
The graphics can be put to a lower detail, and Veneficus ever played the game online? If you did and still think its great then I don't like you anymore, if you didn't then do it compare it to an AOEII online game and then say that again.

And Janus, WTF? Stupid demo.

Deus Ex
I think it's my stupid graphics card, actually. Battlefield 1942 resets on me too.

Fishy
It shouldn't, it should just say its unable to run the damn game.. What kind of a graphics card do you have? And do you have the latest drivers?

Deus Ex
ATI Radeon 9600 with updated drivers.

Fishy
Well the card isn't good, but it isn't that bad.... It should be able to at least launch the game...

Deus Ex
It was pretty damn new when I bought it last year. Is it time for another video card already? BTW, your map is up. Dosha awaits.

Fishy
Already working on a reply... And yeah Video cards go fast.. I bought mine two years ago but it was top of the top then and right now it just barely manages to stay in the top. And thats only because the games don't take full advantage of the newer cards yet... Once they start doing I will have to replace mine as well...

Veneficus
Well the demo works for me...if you count it being friggin slow "working".

Deus Ex
Meh. I don't have the money for a new video card yet.

Veneficus
Meh. I don't have the money for a new video card yet.
At least you have a job...up here in Washington you gotta be 16 to hold a job.

Deus Ex
Be thankful. Once you start working you will never be able to stop. Your first paycheck is like finding out you're addicted to crack, only, you find yourself more and more buying stuff that isn't even enjoyable but neccessary.

Fishy
Once you have a Job live starts sucking, you have more money but you have more things to spend it one too... Even though you don't want to. With my first job I went from 50 a month to 150 a month and I spend it all a lot faster.

Now I make a lot more and I'm always complaining about lack of money, even though I really don't have any extra expenses. Except for going out but thats like 40 to 50 euro's a night... Having money makes you spend it, and fast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.