Karnak vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
The big headed Inhuman

vs

The small headed mutie.

Khellendros
I think it comes down to whether you think Karnak can break adamantium or not. I personally don't. Though, if they were fighting in some random city, I could see Karnak just collapsing a building on top of Wolvie and leaving him trapped there.

long pig
He probably could, but it's not 100%.

He did manage to K.O Surfer with one of his uber pin point attacks.

Khellendros
Originally posted by long pig
He probably could, but it's not 100%.

He did manage to K.O Surfer with one of his uber pin point attacks.
Yeah, but that was one of his higher end feats. As much as I know about Black Bolt, I've never payed much attention to Karnak. The only really impressive things I know of are the Surfer thing and the time he sensed a weak point in the Earth that would sink an entire island. Really, give the man even just Class 5 or so strength, and he would be so much more impressive. As it is now, I think that a lot of the flaws he sees he just can't capitalize on fully.

ImmortalOne
Dude, he is UBER_POWERFUL ......
I mean if he can detect any point of weakness a ones body than one is doomed !!!

He can find the "achilles heel" in every person............ even achilles !!

Khellendros
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
I mean if he can detect any point of weakness a ones body than one is doomed !!!

He can find the "achilles heel" in every person............ even achilles !!
I know how his power works, but... ya know, it just occured to me that snapping Logan's spine would put him down long enough to count as a win. So, Karnak has a chance, I just give Wolverine the majority.

Creshosk

He can find the "achilles heel" in every person............ even achilles !! Finding Achillies's weak point isn't a really impressive feet-er feat, since the synonym for weak spot was named after the poor sap.

long pig
Karnak is stronger and faster than Wolverine, possibly....well actually, more trained at his martial art.

That's gotta count for something.

He took out Thing with minimal effort, that's a decent feat.

ImmortalOne
THe THing !!! a 90-100 classer !!!!

Anyway, he's an inhuman, so probably faster and more agile than mutants (MAYBE!!!!)

He would somehow find out how Wolvie's healing factor works, and seal away his mutant genes !!!................. then Snap his neck !!!

Creshosk

Anyway, he's an inhuman, so probably faster and more agile than mutants (MAYBE!!!!)

He would somehow find out how Wolvie's healing factor works, and seal away his mutant genes !!!................. then Snap his neck !!! Oh dear. . um. . . that's weather or not he can break adamantium. . .

Khellendros

He would somehow find out how Wolvie's healing factor works, and seal away his mutant genes !!!................. then Snap his neck !!!
Dude, you have got to calm down. You can make your point without thirty exclamation marks and fifty periods.

Originally posted by Creshosk
Oh dear. . um. . . that's weather or not he can break adamantium. . .
Actually, all he has to do is snap his spinal cord, which is not only unprotected but fairly fragile.

ImmortalOne
Well............. he could just pull his lungs out !!!

Creshosk
Originally posted by Khellendros
Actually, all he has to do is snap his spinal cord, which is not only unprotected but fairly fragile. The problem is the 616's bonding process bonded the bones at a molecular level, while still enabling him to move.

This is shown repeatedly by feats that should remove sections of his skeleton from each other.

Sure you have AOA and HOM, but neither of those are 616. . .

You can only get the needed twist if you can break this bond.

ImmortalOne
Well............ you CAN pull his lungs out without breakin any bone !!!

Creshosk
Well............ you CAN pull his lungs out without breakin any bone !!! Yeah, no arguments there.

Khellendros
The problem is the 616's bonding process bonded the bones at a molecular level, while still enabling him to move.

This is shown repeatedly by feats that should remove sections of his skeleton from each other.

Sure you have AOA and HOM, but neither of those are 616. . .

You can only get the needed twist if you can break this bond.
I'm not sure why the bonding makes the spinal cord any less fragile. you know I'm talking about the cord, and not the spine itself, right?

King KAM
Wolverine can run from him for about 2 hours and then sneeze on him....

Creshosk
I'm not sure why the bonding makes the spinal cord any less fragile. you know I'm talking about the cord, and not the spine itself, right? Yup. I'm well aware of that. But moving the cord would be a trick to do.

You'd have to move the cord without moving the bones. cause if you moved the bones at the same time as the cord, then you'd encounter the resistence.

http://www.sci-recovery.org/images/crosssection.jpg

Khellendros
Yup. I'm well aware of that. But moving the cord would be a trick to do.

You'd have to move the cord without moving the bones. cause if you moved the bones at the same time as the cord, then you'd encounter the resistence.

http://www.sci-recovery.org/images/crosssection.jpg
Actually, you'd just need to sufficiently dislocate one of the vertebrae. Like I say, the bones are tough, but everthing in between isn't.

ImmortalOne
Just pull out his goddamn heart or lung !!!

Creshosk
Actually, you'd just need to sufficiently dislocate one of the vertebrae. Like I say, the bones are tough, but everthing in between isn't. As I said there have been several feats in 616 where had that been true, Wolverine would have lost something.

The only times he has lost something were in alternate timelines that were divergent before Wolverine went into the WeaponX program and realities. . .

AOA is a divergent before the WX program and he lost his hand.

HOM is an alternate reality that's also not 616. . .

ImmortalOne
HOM .............

But whats the point of having bone arms, without muscles to move it ??

Khellendros
Just pull out his goddamn heart or lung !!!
Hush now young man, the grownups are talking.

As I said there have been several feats in 616 where had that been true, Wolverine would have lost something.

The only times he has lost something were in alternate timelines that were divergent before Wolverine went into the WeaponX program and realities. . .

AOA is a divergent before the WX program and he lost his hand.

HOM is an alternate reality that's also not 616. . .
And yet I've seen Elektra jamming sais into his shoulder joints. I'm not saying adamantium isn't an excellent shock absorber, because it apparently is, and possibly even acts as a heatsink. But I'm still not seeing why a well-placed blade wouldn't sever the cord.

Creshosk
Hush now young man, the grownups are talking.

And yet I've seen Elektra jamming sais into his shoulder joints. I'm not saying adamantium isn't an excellent shock absorber, because it apparently is, and possibly even acts as a heatsink. But I'm still not seeing why a well-placed blade wouldn't sever the cord. Because it hasn't before.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/gallery/shoulder/shoulder_joint.jpg

You can see there is a gap in the shoulders. (sorta below the bone)

Other wise she peirced adamantium due to the way that the shoulder is a ball joint.

http://www.tsjh.org/gifs/anat_shoulder.jpg

ImmortalOne
Every limb are ball joints !!!
Xept the neck !!!

Creshosk
Every limb are ball joints !!!
Xept the neck !!! Not really. . the hand for example has three different types of joints.

http://fulton.edzone.net/cites/winkler-science/team2/saddle_joint.gif

Khellendros
Because it hasn't before.
Uh huh. So, just because something hasn't happened in comics, it's invalid? Going by that logic, this forum is all but pointless.

ImmortalOne
If your saying that this forum is pointless.... it iS !!!

But thats what makes it ........ what it is !!

Creshosk
Uh huh. So, just because something hasn't happened in comics, it's invalid? Going by that logic, this forum is all but pointless. No,

Why can't Spiderman or wolverine beat galactus, well it hasn't happened in the comics. . . so there's no evidence to support the idea that it can despite trying. . .

Did you even read my earlier post that specifically mentions shingen?

K3VIL
Stop blaming Achilles, he was killed with a cheap, sucker punch shot.

TheKahn
ninja

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.