Top 10 NBA players

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

birthoftheforce
Just post your top ten here

koolruningz
In no particular order.
Kobe, Duncan, KG, Shaq, T-Mac, Amare, AI, LeBron, Jermaine and Wade/Francis/Nash.

Myth
Favorites, not best (no order):
Lebron, KG, Duncan, Wade, Amare, Josh Smith (proves that I mean favs, not best),
Runners up: Yao, Ben Wallace, Ginobili, McGrady, Mourning, Shaq, Horry, Marion, Telfair, J-Rich

birthoftheforce
Mine in no particular order are Duncan, Ginobili, Shaq, T-Mac, Nowitski, McGrady, Kobe, Wade, AI and Prince.

Myth
I forgot about Prince. Him and Big Ben are pretty close in my book.

TFVercetti
Big Ben is all right but Prince is too good.

TFVercetti
Smith is pretty good. Did you see his slam. That was amazing.

Myth
Of course. I was predicting way before that he was going to win the dunk contest hands down unless Lebron entered. Not that he couldn't still beat Lebron, it just wouldn't have seemed so obvious that he was going to win.

ossu
My favourites are:
Sebastian Telfair, Al Harrington, Quentin Richardson, Jermaine , AI ,MJ ,KG ,Kenyon ,Big Ben , Corey and Amare

Droopy
KG Dwayne Wade Shaq Kobe T mac steve frances Lebron Ben Gordon Ben Wallace vince carter jason kidd

guesswhosback
Originally posted by birthoftheforce
Mine in no particular order are Duncan, Ginobili, Shaq, T-Mac, Nowitski, McGrady, Kobe, Wade, AI and Prince.

birthofteforce you little shit why youfontin' on me brotha?? you dont know shit bout basketball youl little uk ****** ass *****. mcGrady and t-mac are the same people. you FOOL

Myth
Wow, I wouldn't be surprised if you got banned for this one single post for all of that completely unnecessary bashing. I'm sure it was an accident that he wrote T-Mac and McGrady. Anybody who follows enough to know who Prince is has to know that T-Mac and McGrady are the same so you should probably back off.

darth_royke
mistakes happen....

my fave players are... and not because they're particularly good,

mario elie, damon stoudamire, clyde drexlar, patrick ewing, reggie miller, carter, bosh, horry, mj, andre miller, cliff robinson, sheed.... probably more but its late.

Myth
Royke, I didn't know you were a Blazer fan. You just listed off 5 former Blazers.

Eraserhead
In no particular order:

KG, Lebron, Amare, Duncan, Nowitzki, Kobe, Shaq, Iverson, McGrady, Nash.

darth_royke
myth, yeah they're my west side team. mighty mouse been a fave player since i got into ball.. namely his and torontos rookie season. was just impressed buy how well a guy 5ft 10" can do on the court. plus i remember he had a big game against the bulls that year... and totronto were one of only a handful of teams to beat the record setting bulls. but yeah the lakers blazers series of those times had me hooked too. preferred the blazers because of players like c-rob, sheed etc. and drexlar? what can i say? i just thought he was a tremendous talent. raptors and blazers are my team, though i dont really dislike any team.

JediMasterLuke5
Best are
1)Kevin Garnett (look at those numbers he puts up he can do it all)
2)Tim Duncan
3)Shaq
4)Lebron James (look at the numbers)
5)Kobe
6)T-Mac
7)Dwyane Wade
8)Amare Stoudemire
9)Allen Iverson
10)Shawn Marion (he is very very very underated I know Im going to get a look of bad feed back for this one but Im telling you look at the numbers he put up)

darth_royke
no i think shawn marion does deserve more credit. amare will be one of the best in a few years, so will lebron.

Pointinel
bron is one of the best NOW

FreedomBalla
Allen Iverson,LeBron James,Steve Nash,Dwyane Wade,Steve Fransis,Paul Peirce,Rafer Alston,Kobe Bryant,Vince Carter,Rip Hamilton.

guesswhosback
Mine are:
1. Tracy Mcgrady.
2. Dwyane Wade.
3. Shaquille Oneal.
4. Tim Duncan.
5. Kobe Bryant.
6. Kevin Garnett.
7. Amire Stoudamire.
8. Allen Iverson.
9. Teyshaun Prince.
10. Ben Wallace.

Runners up:
11. LeBron James.
12. Jermaine Oneal.
13. Steve Nash.
14. Steve Francis.
15. Dirk Nowitski.
16. Yau Ming.
17. Manu Ginobili.
18. Shawn Marion.
19. Josh Smith.
20. Sebastian Telfair.

DanZeke25
Top Ten = AI, T-Mac, Shaq, Garnett, Duncan, Kobe, Dirk, Wade, Lebron, Big Ben. In no patocilar order.

My favs= Ben Gordon, Dwayne Wade, Lebron James, AI, Tracy Mcgrady, Shaq(for the first time ever and ill say why later), Dirk, Garnett, Kyle Korver.

The reason why i like Shaq so much now, is that he took a PAYCUT so the Heat could get better. He's not like some people who ask for more money when they are already making millions of dollers. Especially in Football, *coughTOcough* I like TO, only because he is on the Eagles, but IMO you should never hold out for more money when you are already making millions of doller. He should be taking paycuts so his team can get better and have a better chance of winning. What really pissed me off was "I need more money to feed my family." Your making millions of dollers you f*ckin retard, you can buy the whole damn supermarket.

koolruningz
Snaq took a pay cut because thats all he is worth now. When he was with the Lakers he demanded more money and contract extensions during games and said he would never do a KG and take less money. Now he sees he's worth has gone down after he broke down last year and i dont believe Riley was gonna handicap the Heat for the next 5 yrs with what Snaq originally wanted.

Myth
Originally posted by darth_royke
no i think shawn marion does deserve more credit. amare will be one of the best in a few years, so will lebron.

Agreed. I too think Marion gets less credit than deserved. Amare and Lebron are two of the premier players now in the league and I honestly thought Amare deserved more recognition than Nash.

DanZeke25
Originally posted by koolruningz
Snaq took a pay cut because thats all he is worth now. When he was with the Lakers he demanded more money and contract extensions during games and said he would never do a KG and take less money. Now he sees he's worth has gone down after he broke down last year and i dont believe Riley was gonna handicap the Heat for the next 5 yrs with what Snaq originally wanted.

Yeah but still, he didnt HAVE to take a paycut. Even if he is worth less, nobody told him "Take a paycut or leave." He decided to do that on his own and when someone does I like them. Unlike TO.

koolruningz
That cool man im not trying to change your mind. I just think Snaq has the media's lips attached to his arse most of the time and they report whatever he says as the gospel truth.
I doubt he would call a press conference and say Riley said im not worth 130 mil so im taking 100 cause thats all thats on the table, it sounds alot better to say i took a huge pay cut so the Heat could stock up on talent.

darth_royke
nah i think shaq wants a ring with an east team. he never got one with orlando so with their city rivals... he would love it. imagine a lakers/miami final? doubt it will happen but iut would be an extremely good series

koolruningz
The Lakers will be lucky to make the playoffs. sad

Myth
I know, don't you just love it big grin. Don't worry, my Blazers won't either.

koolruningz
The Lakers won their first pre season game yesterday, shame we cant add that to our total at the end of the season. We need all the help we can get.
Seriously though, the Lakers are gonna be bad in patches this year but im confident we'll be better than last year. We actually have a defensive plan this year instead of Rudy T's "just shoot it and dont worry about the D" game plan. If we can improve on last year and look like we are building for the future i'll be happy.

darth_royke
you never know with the lakers... if the team plays like a team and kobe becomes more inspirational and more of a leader.. you may just make the 7th or 8th spot.... ala la bulls last year. no-one expected them to do well... did they? hopefully the blazers will do a little bit betterbig grin

koolruningz
If the Lakers can execute what Phil Jackson is trying implement into the team they will have some nice wins this season. The only problem with Phils triangle offense is that it takes a long time to learn.

RZA
Top Ten of all Time:

Magic
MJ
Clyde 'The Glyde' Drexler
Sir Charles
Dr. J
Hakeem 'The Dream' Olajuwon
The Admiral
Patrick Ewing
The Birdman
Timmy Hardaway

lord krondor
Garnett, LeBron, Timmay, Kobe, T-Mac, Amare, AI, D-Wad (not a typo), AK-47, and soon Dwight Howard.

Myth
If its not a typo, then why do you refer to Wade as D-Wad?

lord krondor
Use your imagination.

Myth
Well, I'm just trying to figure out what's not to like about Wade.

lord krondor
Nothing. I'm being facetious.

crazylozer
1) Mcgrady
2) Garnett
3) Ginobili
4) Kidd
5) Nash
6) Duncan
7) Nowitzki
8) Wade
9) Yao
10) Okafor

thesilverspider
1.tim duncan
2.kevin garnett
3.shaq o'neal
4.lebron james
5.dwayne wade
6.kobe bryant
7.amare stoudamire
8.dirk nowitzki
9.tracy mcrady
10.allen iverson

Jard_Dooku
T-Mac, Kobe, Ray Allen, Nowitzki, AI, lebron, VC, AK-47, stromile swift, Amare

Myth
Swift is an odd ball choice. What makes you such a fan of him?

Jard_Dooku
i know he isnt really an all round player but i love the way he isnt afraid to throw it down on any one, it probably sounds stupid, but because im from england i can only watch NBA highlights on the web, so i only really see the spectatular plays.

chucktaylor
No particular order:

1) Tracy McGrady
2) Allen Iverson
3) Shaquille O' Neal
4) Dwayne Wade
5) Steve Nash
6) Lebron James
7) Kevin Garnett
8) Vince Carter
9) Kobe Bryant (Even if I dont Like Him)
10) Michael Redd

Myth
No, it doesn't sound stupid. People often have favorites that aren't necessarily one of the best. I was just curious why he was a choice of yours.

darth_royke
jard, have u seen any of the coverage on channel 5? i thought every game was gonna be the rockets! swift aint too bad of a player, the two games i've seen he knocked some nice shots down and did a good job... too bad they didnt have mcgrady on the floor

Jard_Dooku
no, unfortunately i can't get channel 5 in my area, which sucks i have to get a mate to record it for me, are you a rockets fan then? i love T-Mac, i even bought the T-Mac 5s

FabledHero
1-Duncan
2-KG
3-Shaq
4-Nash
5-LeBron
6-Kobe
7-NowitzkiWade
8-T-Mac
9-Brand
10-Billups

kingkman
1-James
2-Iverson
3-Garnett
4-Bryant
5-Mcgrady
6-Duncan
7-Nowitsky
8-Marrion
9-Wade
10-Stoudamire.

kingkman
Does anybody here think James will get as good as Jordan.

koolruningz
The sky is the limit for LeBron with the skills he has, one day he could be better than MJ. MJ was about more than skills though (even though he had plenty) he understood the game so well and he had a will to win that only a few have. If LeBron can compete at that level then he has the tools to surpass MJ imo.

darth_royke
from wat i've seen, michael could carry the team when the other members of his team couldnt score.... lebron doesnt have this yet. when hes been scoring more than 30 points the cavs aint winning so much. he may become that yet. experience is the key.

Myth
from wat i've seen, michael could carry the team when the other members of his team couldnt score

The key word here is "score". The Bulls were more complete than the Cavs and we all know that basketball is a lot more than just shooting the ball well. The Bulls as a team were a hell of a lot better defensively specifically. Check out the 1994 Bulls (Jordan's 1st retirement year). Bulls did pretty damn well, just not championship caliber without Jordan. Cavs are next to nothing without Lebron.

Anyway, I think Lebron EASILY has the tools to be better. However, there is a big difference between being better than somebody and having a more successful career. It will be hard to top 6 championships with 6 Finals MVPs. But as far as better? I think Lebron has a great chance.

tanjot
this is in order:

1) allen iverson
2) kobe bryant
3/4,4/3) vince carter/lebron james
5) tracy mcgrady
6) dwayne wade
7) kevin garnett
8) dirk nowitzki
9) steve nash
10) ray allen

tanjot
i just had to say this....KOBE IS THE BIGGEST BALL HOG EVER.

tanjot
who agrees?

koolruningz
Well im a Laker and Kobe fan so obviously i dont agree with you.

tanjot
wont come back at u for that, u defend who u like...

Myth
Originally posted by tanjot
i just had to say this....KOBE IS THE BIGGEST BALL HOG EVER.

I'd say that title belongs to Marbury and AI of the past (AI has improved in the sharing department drastically though). This year is the first year that it is legit that Kobe ball hogs.

tanjot
I havent heard many people say that marbury is a ball hog... AI and Kobe i can understand though... the only thing i have against starbury is that he thinks hes the best point guard in the nba... , he said it to reporters.

tanjot
sometimes when i look at peoples opinions for this topic i just laugh, .... like... crazyloser(real user name) thinks okafur is a top 10 player, as well as ginobili... there r way more that i can tell u about, but its too many to count.

Myth
I can see a case being made for Ginobili but calling Okafor top 10 is just ridiculous. And Marbury has always been like AI of old but not as good.

tanjot
but even for ginobili, he is a very valuable player, and a role player... but definitely not a top 10 player.

tanjot
what does every1 think about vince having 20ppg seasons and being the #1 votegetter, and now averaging 25ppg, and having monster games, hitting clutch shots, and yet he has less votes than jermaine o'neal?? this is vince carter we're talking about... y is no one else shocked that he is not in the top 5 in votegetters, or top 10!!

venomslash
the best player ever id say kareem

koolruningz
what does every1 think about vince having 20ppg seasons and being the #1 votegetter, and now averaging 25ppg, and having monster games, hitting clutch shots, and yet he has less votes than jermaine o'neal?? this is vince carter we're talking about... y is no one else shocked that he is not in the top 5 in votegetters, or top 10!!

Its not that nobody is shocked its just that it hasnt been brought up yet. Every year there are players that dont get as many votes as they perhaps should.
Take Elton Brand for instance, i havent checked the ballot results yet but i wouldnt be surprised to see Yao starting instead of Brand. Seems ridiculous really doesnt it?
But its based on popularity and maybe Vince isnt as popular as he was last year, remember last year we saw a rejuvenated Vince with a new team playing at a level that he hadnt played at for a few years. He's doing the same this year but maybe the fans moved onto the next fad.
Snaq being in the game (maybe as a starter) is a joke to me personally, not because i dislike him but he has played very little and is having his worst season so far. But like i said its based on popularity not on how well they are playing so dont take it as a knock on Carter's ability.

tanjot
i know what u mean... but its funny seeing that he is the #1 votegetter when he plays 40 games a season, and is on the highlight reel every 3 weeks... and now where he plays the whole season, and is on the highlight reel every day, he isnt even top 10... funny how things work out...

Myth
I completely agree. Carter shouldn't have been #1 vote getter last season. big grin

koolruningz
Oh shit, you've done it now Myth. laughing

tanjot
Originally posted by Myth
I completely agree. Carter shouldn't have been #1 vote getter last season. big grin

WAA??? RU CRAZY?? shouldnt have made it last yeaR!!?? im talking about seasons like 2003 and 2004, where he kept getting injured. and um... he wasnt the number one votegetter last year, because all the racist people in china voted for yao ming only (lol)

koolruningz
laughing That was too easy Myth.

Myth
WAA??? RU CRAZY?? shouldnt have made it last yeaR!!?? im talking about seasons like 2003 and 2004, where he kept getting injured. and um... he wasnt the number one votegetter last year, because all the racist people in china voted for yao ming only (lol)

Well, he may not have been #1 overall last year, but he was still put on the all-star team when he didn't deserve it. He scored 4 points a game some nights and his team refused to play him because of his lack of effort. Carter deserves to be on the team this year and just about every year EXCEPT last year. He didn't pick up his game until right around the all-star break when he was traded to the Nets.

tanjot
Well, he may not have been #1 overall last year, but he was still put on the all-star team when he didn't deserve it. He scored 4 points a game some nights and his team refused to play him because of his lack of effort. Carter deserves to be on the team this year and just about every year EXCEPT last year. He didn't pick up his game until right around the all-star break when he was traded to the Nets.

HOW CAN U SAY HE DIDNT PLAY GOOD LAST YEAR??? the only time he played bad was wit the raps which lasted until december, and he said he wasnt given any effort there... right when he gets to new jersey, he wins the player of the month... and he averaged 27.5ppg last season as a net... how can u possibly say he didnt deserve to make the starting lineup last year!?

tanjot
and uh...the 4 point games were in toronto only...

darth_royke
i know what ur saying about shaq, i'm not a huge fan of him... but he has got a more capable supporting cast his year, and i think he wants wade to take over and support the lil guy. shaq is a good player, impressive footwork, nice touch around the rim, and finishing? well we all know he rocks the rim. yeh he stinks more 6ft away from the hoop, but he positions himself so well and because of his strength he'll get there easy enough. i'm starting to think shaqs more hated than kobe.

DanZeke25
the only time he played bad was wit the raps which lasted until december, and he said he wasnt given any effort there... right when he gets to new jersey, he wins the player of the month...

That is exactly why he shouldn't have made it last year. If you are an NBA player, you give 100 % all the time. I don't care who you are or if your team sucks or not. Your making millions of dollars to play basketball, and then you give no effort? Some people would PAY to still play basketball, and Vince doesn't even try when he's not on a good team.

koolruningz
Thats the only problem i have with Vince, you dont quit on your team no matter how bad they are.
I read that he thinks Kobe's 81pt game will send a bad message to kids, well sorry Vince but if anyone is sending negative messages to kids its you when you dial it in because you team sucks and even go as far as to tell the opposing team what play your team is gonna run.
Kobe could easily do the same thing this year, the Lakers are probably not far off the Raptors without him. But no, he gives it all every time he is on the court. Call him what you like but nobody could question his heart and commitment, the same can not be said for Carter.

Myth
HOW CAN U SAY HE DIDNT PLAY GOOD LAST YEAR??? the only time he played bad was wit the raps which lasted until december, and he said he wasnt given any effort there...

That means he only played good for one month before the all-star game. That is not what I certify as an all-star.

darth_royke
tanjot, i do beleive you are licking carters arse. well done for having so much faith in a guy who, if doesnt like the way things are going, goes on a 'bad run' and gets traded, when he suddenly is rejuvenated and plays like he used to. i still think hes a heck of a player, but he aint much of a man.

tanjot
tanjot, i do beleive you are licking carters arse. well done for having so much faith in a guy who, if doesnt like the way things are going, goes on a 'bad run' and gets traded, when he suddenly is rejuvenated and plays like he used to. i still think hes a heck of a player, but he aint much of a man.

first of all, never start a post like that to me ever again.... and second, i know that he is not much of a man, but he is a great player... i have never said that i liked vince as a person because i am a canadian, but no matter what he will always be my favourite player.

tanjot
Thats the only problem i have with Vince, you dont quit on your team no matter how bad they are.
I read that he thinks Kobe's 81pt game will send a bad message to kids, well sorry Vince but if anyone is sending negative messages to kids its you when you dial it in because you team sucks and even go as far as to tell the opposing team what play your team is gonna run.
Kobe could easily do the same thing this year, the Lakers are probably not far off the Raptors without him. But no, he gives it all every time he is on the court. Call him what you like but nobody could question his heart and commitment, the same can not be said for Carter.

about vince telling the other team the raps play, thats all bullshit... think about it... that game was in november against seattle... y do u think that came up a day after the trade was made in december and when vince was getting so much bad publicity??? every1 knew that was a lie because if it was true it would have been shown over and over again, which it wasnt.

koolruningz
If you say so man, im just reporting what i've heard. I didnt realise you were there.

darth_royke
well tanjot, like him as much as you want. but for me, the ability and talent of a player goes hand in hand with his ego as to whether i think someones a great player. and i wouldnt have said that if thats how it didnt appear. i'm not bitter he left the raps, its the way he left. if he'd have been a great player he would have given his all til the last day of being with the franchise.

tanjot
If you say so man, im just reporting what i've heard. I didnt realise you were there.

chuck swirsky and leo rautins didnt believe it when they heard it, because there is no good reason to.... thats like saying the media goes crazy about kobe's 81 points like a month after he does it.... it makes no sense.

Myth
chuck swirsky and leo rautins didnt believe it when they heard it, because there is no good reason to.... thats like saying the media goes crazy about kobe's 81 points like a month after he does it.... it makes no sense.

The question is, why would the Sonics make it up? There is no good reason to do that.

koolruningz

No its not really like that at all. confused

tanjot
so answer this, if this game was in november, y didnt this come up in november? y a MONTH later in december A DAY AFTER VINCE'S TRADE?
because its just bad publicity, thats the way the media makes their money...

Myth
No its not really like that at all. confused

Tanjot - I'm not completely sure. How about this for a possibility:
The Sonics were in disbelief and thought that Vince was trying to confuse them with mind games. Then reports came out that Vince was dogging it. It then made sense to them and they stepped forward and said that they saw him try to give them the game. Just a theory.

Either way, why would the Sonic players make it up?

tanjot
again, a possibilty, the sonics player was paid to say the stuff he did.... u never know, but honestly just think about it, if it was true it would have been shown over AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN, which it wasnt because not many people believed it. chuck swirsky and leo rautins said it themselves... almost exactly the same thing ive been saying. thats like saying...the media reports of about isiah rider kidnapping someone come up like a month after he goes to jail... it just doesnt make any sense.

Myth
the media reports of about isiah rider kidnapping someone come up like a month after he goes to jail... it just doesnt make any sense.

First, thats way different because police reports aren't something of uncertainty unlike the Sonics trying to figure out if Vince was doing a mind game or was trying screw his team.

As for being paid? Who would pay the Sonics players to say something like that? I guess when it comes down to it, I believe three players who are not known for making stuff up over I guy who was knowingly dogging it.

koolruningz
As for being paid? Who would pay the Sonics players to say something like that?

Didnt you know Myth? its all a plot by David Stern to get Carter thrown out of the league.

Myth
laughing

FabledHero
tanjot... Vince was nowhere near deserving to start on the all-star team last year, or be on the team for that matter. By the all-star break he was only averaging about 20 ppg, 4 rpg, 4apg and no defense per game. Do you really think he should've been on it over guys like DWade, Paul Pierce and even Michael Redd? No I don't think so. In fact a guy by the name of Steve Francis who had a way better season up until that point, was left off the ballot, and shoudl've been on the team over Carter.

Myth
Francis wasn't left off the ballot. However, I still overall agree with you.

FabledHero
Dunno why i said left off the ballot, I meant, screwed by the coaches for not picking him.

tanjot
Originally posted by FabledHero
tanjot... Vince was nowhere near deserving to start on the all-star team last year, or be on the team for that matter. By the all-star break he was only averaging about 20 ppg, 4 rpg, 4apg and no defense per game. Do you really think he should've been on it over guys like DWade, Paul Pierce and even Michael Redd? No I don't think so. In fact a guy by the name of Steve Francis who had a way better season up until that point, was left off the ballot, and shoudl've been on the team over Carter.

i dont know where u got those stats from, going into the all star game vince was averaging around 24ppg, and finished the season with an average of 27.5ppg. the way he was playing, breaking records within his first month in new jersey for most consecutive 20 point games at like 22, and scoring back to back 40 point games, winning player of the week like 3 times, and winning player of the month for december, vince EASILY deserved to be in the starting lineup last year over wade and redd.

Myth
I'm wondering where each of you got those stats. Vince averaged 15.9 points for Raptors. Increasing your stats by 8 ppg doesn't sound right to me in a month change that far into the season. Also, I wouldn't put a slacker on the all-star team if they averaged 15.9 through 3 months or however long he was on the Raptors.

FabledHero
Uh Tanjot you're officially an idiot.

Check NBA.com

As you can see he finished the season with 24.5 ppg.

Your idiotic brain merely looked at his stats with NJ, which was 27.5 ppg and left out his abysmal 15.9 ppg with Toronto.

I got those numbers because i do recall them at the time. i remember the sports writers at the time were bashing Vince hardcore, and the whole fan voting thing, since a guy like him would even get on. vince played 20 games with Toronto and 57 with NJ. Teams get in about 50 games before allstar break, that gives almost 30 games with NJ, b4 all-star break, taht's how my numbers are perfect. My memory is backed up by statistics, need I say more?

Myth
Also, the teams are determined before they hit 50 games. wink

tanjot
Originally posted by FabledHero
Uh Tanjot you're officially an idiot.

Check NBA.com

As you can see he finished the season with 24.5 ppg.

Your idiotic brain merely looked at his stats with NJ, which was 27.5 ppg and left out his abysmal 15.9 ppg with Toronto.

I got those numbers because i do recall them at the time. i remember the sports writers at the time were bashing Vince hardcore, and the whole fan voting thing, since a guy like him would even get on. vince played 20 games with Toronto and 57 with NJ. Teams get in about 50 games before allstar break, that gives almost 30 games with NJ, b4 all-star break, taht's how my numbers are perfect. My memory is backed up by statistics, need I say more?

Fabled Hero as u have shown ur the biggest crackhead alive. vince averaged 24.5ppg ON THE SEASON. NOT WITH THE NETS. HIS AVERAGE WITH THE RAPTORS BROUGHT HIS NETS AVERAGE DOWN. with the nets he averaged 27.5ppg. now u can go on nba.com and c that for urself, idiot.

tanjot
again, y would u even count his stats in toronto when he said he didnt give an effort. if ur going to count stats count his stats in new jersey. and even if he played less games it doesnt matter, because that would not make a difference on a players AVERAGE. u could play 20 games in a season and AVERAGE 40ppg, it doesnt make a difference fatigue wise.
look at him this season, the reason he is averaging less points is pretty obvious. richard jefferson is in the lineup.

tanjot
last thing fabled pussy, what do u have to say about the facts i gave u??? player of the month for february... breaking the record for most consecutive 20 point games by any net in history, at 22, and having the second place guy at 14, winning the player of the month for february, the month after hes traded, winning player of the week numerous times, making the game tieing shot at the buzzer against miami in game 4 of the playoffs, carrying the nets on his back to beat out cleveland for the final playoff spot, winning 14 of their last 19 games. forget the other stuff u have no idea what ur talking about... lets talk records, and awards.

DanZeke25
I just checked and Vince averaged 15.9 with Toronto, 27.5 with the Nets, and 24.5 on the year.

Myth
last thing fabled pussy

That was not necessary.

Anyway, all-star is based on the season, not the month right before all-star break. That is why Carter didn't deserve to go to the all-star game last year. Also, Fabled didn't say VC averaged 24.5 on the Nets. He had his stats right. He was assuming you looked at the 24.5 average for the season as what VC was averaging by all-star break. I personally didn't know where you (tanjot) got 24 ppg by all-star break and thought thats what you did myself. I just didn't mention it because I wasn't sure if thats what you did or not. Also, you mentioned VC being player of the month for February. That has nothing to do with making the all-star team because the teams were selected at the beginning of February. Same thing with the making the playoff thing and hitting the shot against Miami. That all happened AFTER the all-star game making it pointless to mention in the current argument as to whether or not VC should have been on the all-star team last year.

Just to clear some things up that is.

Smasandian
Tanjot,

Vince Carter is the fable pussy. I cant believe you support the guy considering he is a motherboy and crybaby, has no heart (Us canadians know something about heart), and has phantom injuries that great players like Jordan would still play in.

tanjot
Originally posted by Smasandian
Tanjot,

Vince Carter is the fable pussy. I cant believe you support the guy considering he is a motherboy and crybaby, has no heart (Us canadians know something about heart), and has phantom injuries that great players like Jordan would still play in.

i am canadian too... and i have lost a lot of respect for his as a person, but none as a player, and myth i still dont understand what u mean, i said that he averaged 24ppg going into the all star game AS A NET, not on the season. thats what i have been saying the whole time. i do not look at his season average with his average in toronto bringing him down(somewhere he obviously didnt give an effort). i look at the average where i know he scored to his potential, and that is with the nets at 27.5ppg on the season. he was always one of the top 5 scorers in the playoffs last year, when i checked after the nets got sweeped. and even in toronto, i remember when he set a playoff record in game 6 in the second round of the playoffs against allen iverson and the philadelphia 76ers for most consecutive 3 pointers made... AND... most 3 pointer in a half : standing at 8 3 pointers for both. unfortuantely he didnt shoot many 3s in the second half and ended up with 9 3pointers. but he did finish with 50 points. and the raptors won.

tanjot
That was not necessary.

Anyway, all-star is based on the season, not the month right before all-star break. That is why Carter didn't deserve to go to the all-star game last year. Also, Fabled didn't say VC averaged 24.5 on the Nets. He had his stats right. He was assuming you looked at the 24.5 average for the season as what VC was averaging by all-star break. I personally didn't know where you (tanjot) got 24 ppg by all-star break and thought thats what you did myself. I just didn't mention it because I wasn't sure if thats what you did or not. Also, you mentioned VC being player of the month for February. That has nothing to do with making the all-star team because the teams were selected at the beginning of February. Same thing with the making the playoff thing and hitting the shot against Miami. That all happened AFTER the all-star game making it pointless to mention in the current argument as to whether or not VC should have been on the all-star team last year.

Just to clear some things up that is.

If both commentators for the all star game say that since the trade vince has more than earned the starting spot, then i think i am right.

tanjot
and just so u dont get sarcastic, they did.

Smasandian
Vince Carter isnt very good, compared to what skils he has.

Myth
i dont know where u got those stats from, going into the all star game vince was averaging around 24ppg, and finished the season with an average of 27.5ppg. the way he was playing, breaking records within his first month in new jersey for most consecutive 20 point games at like 22, and scoring back to back 40 point games, winning player of the week like 3 times, and winning player of the month for december, vince EASILY deserved to be in the starting lineup last year over wade and redd.

Tanjot - Just for the record, this was your first post about his average going into the all-star game. As you can see, you didn't say he was averaging 24 on the Nets, you said he was averaging around 24 ppg and when somebody says that, they usually mean for the season. Although I do see how you could mean at the time.

And its fine if the commentators said that. They aren't perfect either though.

And again, you are talking playoffs again. All-star is determined based on THAT season, not what has happened in previous seasons and playoffs.

koolruningz
What needs to happen to get this thread back on track? Tanjot just understand that not everyone (in fact nobody) rates Carter as highly as you. Nobody is saying you cant continue your love affair with him but every NBA thread at the moment is basically the same thing, you saying how great he is and everyone else disagreeing. Just for my own curiosity what team do you follow? Are you a Nets fan as well or just a Carter fan?
Personally i would rate Vince as the joint 5th best SG in the league. Thats not to piss you off but it just to show how opinions can differ.
1.Kobe
2.A.I.
3.T-Mac
4.Wade
5.Carter/Pierce

Myth
And thats assuming LeBron is considered a SF I'm guessing (because he plays a lot of SG too).

koolruningz
I was gonna put Bron in there but i consider him mostly a SF, but id put him ahead of Carter in terms of skill anyway.

Numan
James, Iverson, Carter, Marion, McGrady, Duncan, Bryant, Garnett, Wade, Shaq, Nowitski, Nash, Stoudamire.

Myth
Originally posted by Numan
James, Iverson, Carter, Marion, McGrady, Duncan, Bryant, Garnett, Wade, Shaq, Nowitski, Nash, Stoudamire.

Actually I would put Stoudemire over Stoudamire (either one). wink

Numan
Oops I meant Amare.

tanjot
What needs to happen to get this thread back on track? Tanjot just understand that not everyone (in fact nobody) rates Carter as highly as you. Nobody is saying you cant continue your love affair with him but every NBA thread at the moment is basically the same thing, you saying how great he is and everyone else disagreeing. Just for my own curiosity what team do you follow? Are you a Nets fan as well or just a Carter fan?
Personally i would rate Vince as the joint 5th best SG in the league. Thats not to piss you off but it just to show how opinions can differ.
1.Kobe
2.A.I.
3.T-Mac
4.Wade
5.Carter/Pierce

about the love affair (way to be sarcastic)
i am a fan of whatever team vince is on, i am still a raptors fan because that is my home team. i dont care whether or no a lot of people in these threads agree. but he is a VERY- VERY underrated player... i mean look at the game today, vince scored 27 points in the win and had a triple double. but vince will b overlooked because if wade's highligh ghlight was better than his. i dont know what it is with miami, but vince always seems to have a really good game against em and end up on sportscenter with the #1 highlight.

Myth
Originally posted by Numan
Oops I meant Amare.

I know, I was just teasing.

tanjot - I don't think Carter is underrated. He gets the credit that is due to him. You just overrate him. Carter did have a great game today. In fact, the Nets as a whole played great but Carter was definitely the star of the day. If you really pay attention to the analysts, they don't give credit to people for simply having a better highlight real. They actually give props to whoever played well, especially if their team wins. So Wade won't get as much recognition this game, although Shaq might for just playing really bad.

tanjot
ok, let me put it another way, carter is not underrated, but he is not as highly recognized as he used to be when he was in the raptors... and now that he is having one of the best season of his career, he is not even in the top 10 in voting for the all star game where as in season where he only played 58 games, he was the #1 votegetter by far....and if he was a raptors and was having this type of season i know he would have been more highly recognized because canada would not hate him as much. i dont blame him as much as all other canadian raptor fans because he did and didnt have a good reason to leave. that is what many canadians r not ready to admit. the raptors didnt satisfie his needs because he wanted julius erving as the new gm, and they didnt even ask him before they went out and got rob babcock- the worst gm in history, who gave away vince for nothing, and chose hafael araujo over andre iguodala as a first round draft pick. even without vince, the raptors r messing up the team themselves...when did they fire rob babcock?? when he finally starts making decent trades and drafts two good players in the first round. so as far as his status as a player goes...if he did not give up on toronto, and people did not lose so much respect for him he would b stated a top 5 player and a potential mvp candidate.

Myth
As had already been said, Carter is now considered a SG. In the East, the G position is more competitive than the Eastern F position. People acknowledge that Carter is better now than he used to be. Isn't that enough for you? Does he have to be everybodies favorite? Its fine that you are a big fan of his, but that does not mean everybody else has to be too. I think if Carter was considered a SG in the past, Iverson still would have beat him in voting. Its just that Carter had less competition in his old position. Also, another factor was the Canada thing. Canadians often freak out when something of theirs is acknowledged. Almost everybody in Canada voted for Carter. Now he no longer has that fan support.

Myth
.if he did not give up on toronto, and people did not lose so much respect for him he would b stated a top 5 player and a potential mvp candidate.

As for this part...
First you need to be better DEFENSIVELY before you are top five. Another thing would be to prove that you are good enough individually to carry a team to a really good record. 24 and 21 is a pretty good record, but its still underachieving considering the team also has Mr. Triple-Double, Richard Jefferson, a decent big man in Krstic, and a defensive specialist in Uncle Cliffy.

darth_royke
the nets certainly should be doing a bit better than they are, but theres time for them to go on a run. good to see uncle cliff still playing... i remember a game against the lakers when he was with teh blazers, and it all came down to a free throw and who got the rebound. a mass of bodies swarmed over the ball as shaq missed(no, really!) but c-rob emerged with the ball with a valiant scream of satisfaction. just one of those moments i've never forgotton.

remember arvydas sabonis? what a legend. one of the best passers who played center. and in his prime before the nba? may have been better than hakeem.

Myth
Yeah, I always dream about what would've happened had we had Sabas in his prime with Drexler and Porter in their prime.

Myth
Uh oh, Tanjot's online. Vince Carter post in 5.... 4.... 3.... 2.....

tanjot
As for this part...
First you need to be better DEFENSIVELY before you are top five. Another thing would be to prove that you are good enough individually to carry a team to a really good record. 24 and 21 is a pretty good record, but its still underachieving considering the team also has Mr. Triple-Double, Richard Jefferson, a decent big man in Krstic, and a defensive specialist in Uncle Cliffy.

LOL. WOW. did u just say mr. triple double, richard jefferson???... i think what u meant to say was jason kidd. and about vince carrying a team by himself, he has proven he can do that through his first 3 seasons in the nba, from getting the raps to their first playoff birth and getting sweeped by the knicks, to beating the knicks in the first round of the playoffs the very next year and making it withing A SHOT of reaching the eastern conference finals in game 7 against the sixers. after that, there were injuries, injuries, and more injuries. vince isnt a great defensive player but he is improving, which is not always backed up by stats. i mean hey look at larry hughes, last year he led the league in steals, but defensive stats r not always proof of how good a defender u r, and i make a good point of that with larry hughes. even with the nets, looking at last season when new jersey was going nowhere with rj and j kidd. then rj gets injured, but vince steps in. vince proved last year how valuable a player he is by putting the nets on his back to win 14 of their last 19 games, and beat out cleveland for the final playoff spot. without vince, the nets would have been nowhere near the playoffs.

tanjot
Uh oh, Tanjot's online. Vince Carter post in 5.... 4.... 3.... 2.....

im responding to something u said... and it involves vince.

Myth
First, there is two ways of reading what I wrote. The way you read it and the way it was meant by simply substituting Mr Triple Double in for Kidd's name since he has in the past been referred to as that. I figured you were smart enough to realize which was it was being used by I was wrong.

As for Vince leading the Raptors, I believe a lot of his pouting before getting traded were due to the fact that his team wasn't winning. As for putting the Nets on his back? Please. He did very very well but Kidd and Carter compliment each other. You can't just pin that on Vince.

Myth
im responding to something u said... and it involves vince.

Yeah, but even if it wasn't in response, you would have found something to say about him. EVERYBODY, and I mean EVERYBODY but you brings up multiple subjects. You have a one man obsession. Even my response was in response to you of course.

tanjot
As had already been said, Carter is now considered a SG. In the East, the G position is more competitive than the Eastern F position. People acknowledge that Carter is better now than he used to be. Isn't that enough for you? Does he have to be everybodies favorite? Its fine that you are a big fan of his, but that does not mean everybody else has to be too. I think if Carter was considered a SG in the past, Iverson still would have beat him in voting. Its just that Carter had less competition in his old position. Also, another factor was the Canada thing. Canadians often freak out when something of theirs is acknowledged. Almost everybody in Canada voted for Carter. Now he no longer has that fan support.

i didnt say u have 2 admire carter, i am just trying to make a point, afterall that is what these threads ara all about...discussions and debates. Canada does not FREAK OUT when something of ours is acknowledged, the thing is in the nba, there is only one canadian team, and basketball is our weakness in terms of talented players, hockey is our strength UNFORTUNATELY, because i hate hockey and to me it is a very very boring sport xcept for the checks and the fights. another thing about us freaking out, if america had its first american born mvp in the nba in 2005, they would have gone crazy about it just as much as canada did with steve nash. its not like vince got blown out by wade, i mean despite not getting A LOT of votes from canada he was behind about...2000 votes, and around the world that number is NOTHING. i know if only half of canada voted for vince he would have gotten the starting spot over wade.

Myth
Canada does get really excited if something they are not normally acknowledged for is acknowledged. You even said Canada went crazy for Nash when he won MVP. I'm not denying that U.S. wouldn't also flip out if we got our first U.S. born MVP and I'm not saying that it shouldn't be expected of Canada to be excited. They have every right to be just like China is allowed to have their Yao craze since they don't have much to root for in the NBA. But we have and are used to it so we don't vote for things because we no longer care if a non-U.S. citizen wins because we will still win a lot in the future.

darth_royke
olowokandi is the british hopebig grin (sarcasm, in case someone doesnt get it)

man... clyde drexlar in his portland days.... there many sweeter things than watching the glyde fly down the lane for a jam. hows young bassie doing in portland? i've heard theres a lot of hope on his shoulders to grow with randolph to become a good two-punch... ala la stockton malone. have to respect those guys.

probably a couple of players who most deserved to win a title who didnt, along woth charles barkley. i dont think i've seen him mentioned here, not many chuckster fans huh?stick out tongue

Myth
Telfair has been a huge disappointment this year. It was expected to be his blow out year and instead Steve Blake replaced him as starting PG and rookie Jarrett Jack is #2 PG so Telfair barely even plays now. He did play pretty good today but Telfair is a shoot first player and he has been dead off with tonight as an exception (5-8, 14 pts, 5 asts, 3 TO, 23 min). He needs to work on ball handling too. He gets a lot of turnovers. Luckily Blake and Dixon have fit in well which is a big reason that the Blazers have been playing very well recently. They lost by 1 to the Nuggets today btw.

darth_royke
yeah i noticed... wasnt gonna mention it tho lol. its a painful game to lose... but its better to lose by a close amount than a 30point blow out. at least theres some excitement before the disappointment. i think the thing with telfair is the whole new york point guard thing, and slam is guilty for it. everytime a point gaurd from the area comes up they seem to think hes gonna be the next big thing... and it hasnt been. stephon is the last that has been good, but i dont think hes got the right mind set to be a winner, whereas kenny anderson was more of a passer who could score, not a scorer who could pass.

Myth
Don't forget Telfair is in the same gene pool as Marbury too. They played against each other a lot in the past and Telfair will be very talented. I just want him to become more of a pass first guy.

tanjot
Canada does get really excited if something they are not normally acknowledged for is acknowledged. You even said Canada went crazy for Nash when he won MVP. I'm not denying that U.S. wouldn't also flip out if we got our first U.S. born MVP and I'm not saying that it shouldn't be expected of Canada to be excited. They have every right to be just like China is allowed to have their Yao craze since they don't have much to root for in the NBA. But we have and are used to it so we don't vote for things because we no longer care if a non-U.S. citizen wins because we will still win a lot in the future.

who created basketball?? james naismith layfield. what was he?? a canadian. so if it were not for us, we would not be talking about this right now. thats right, if not for a CANADIAN no dunk contests, no 3 point shootouts, no all star games, no basketball, no nba.

Myth
Whoooooooooooo cares? That has nothing to do with the argument at hand.

darth_royke
i've read that telfair is a cousin of marburys, and that they lived in the same apartment block in coney island.

willman
1.????
2.Bart Simpson
3.Milhouse
4.Your Mum
5. Penis man
6. Chuck noland
7.Mount kilimanjaro
8. Bender
9.wankal wankstain
10.osama bin laden

i dont know any NBA players (cos i live in the uk)

darth_royke
so do i... no excuse! and there is a player called bender. tho i think he recently retired.

Myth
i've read that telfair is a cousin of marburys, and that they lived in the same apartment block in coney island.

Sounds about right. All I know is they are cousins and grew up playing ball with each other a lot so I knew they lived near.

tanjot
Originally posted by TFVercetti
Big Ben is all right but Prince is too good.

WHOA. tayshaun prince a top 10 player? lol. c this is one of those posts that i look at and laugh. tayshaun is not a top 10 player, he is a role player, like mike james is to the toronto raptors, and like richard jefferson is to the nets.

koolruningz
No a role player is a player that does one specific job on the team. Are you saying that Prince and Jefferson are one dimensional players?

Myth
A role player can have more than one job though too. Robert Horry is a role player and his job is both clutch plays and defense.

However, I too would not claim Jefferson and Prince as role players. They are key players or stars. Not superstars and not all-stars (well, borderline all-stars), but they are certainly above the role player status.

tanjot
No a role player is a player that does one specific job on the team. Are you saying that Prince and Jefferson are one dimensional players?

no im not saying that they are one dimensional players but they are not all stars or superstars. tayshaun prince is not going to be the main guy, when they have rasheed wallace, rip hamilton, chauncey billups, and ben wallace. he easily is not a top 10 player, so ru telling me he is better than kobe? no. iverson? no. vince? no. pierce? no. and there are plenty of other players i can name that are better than tayshaun, that is what i was trying to prove. players such as tayshaun, ginobili, lamar odom(who is supposed to be a good role player but has been doing nothing), and others.

koolruningz
First off the dude didnt say Prince was top 10, he just said he was "too good". Second it was on the first page and you wait this long to dig it up and rip into him? Last it all comes down to opinion, he may feel the same way about Prince as you do Carter.
Now if you read my post i didnt say Prince or Jefferson were top 10, i objected to them being labeled role players - which they are not. Prince is a solid player, plays great defense and can score at a decent rate from outside and in the post. That doesnt sound like a role player to me, when i think of role player i think John Paxon (shooter), Rodman (rebounder, defense) they have a role and they dont play outside of it. Jefferson a role player? I dont think so, he can score inside and out , plays solid D and is an decent rebounder. That to me sounds like a pretty complete game. Problem is we are all wowed by the "superstars" of the league and we call anything else a role player.
Myth, when Horry starts playing defense you let me know. stick out tongue

darth_royke
mike james of the raps a role player???? hes second leading scorer behind chris bosh and main playmaker? surely thats not a role player.

and kool, rodman did more than that for the bulls... he got in peoples headswink still a role playerbig grin

Myth
Most places in the league, Mike James would be a role player. Just not in Toronto.

And I'd agree that Rodman wasn't just a role player. Thats like saying Ben Wallace is a role player.

koolruningz
Whats your definition of a role player Myth?

Myth
I guess somewhere along the lines of a player that is not the driving force of a team (or one of the driving forces) but is good at delivering one or a select few things when they are needed.

koolruningz
See i would have had Rodman in that category, he was great at what he did (maybe the best rebounder ever) but he had a limited role. He had no offence to speak of, even Big Ben has a few go to moves in the post. You have to give me Paxon though, he was a great role player.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>