UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE and UEFA CUP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

El_NINO
I would like this thread to remain open for the entire competition while we discuss who will win in each match stage and who will pass from the group stage so my first question is who will pass from the group stage?

Dexx
granted...the events deserve a thread.

T.M
Group A
winners Juventus
runners up Bayern Munich

Group B
winners Arsenal
runners up Ajax

Group C
winners Barcelona
runners up Udinese

Group D
winners Manchester United
runners up Villarreal

Group E
winners Milan
runners up PSV Eindhoven

Group F
winners Lyon
runners up Real Madrid

Group G
winners Chelsea
runners up Liverpool

Group H
winners Internazionale
runners up Rangers

eleveninches
I agree with that except for:
Lyon
Villareal
Liverpool
Rangers
Udinese

T.M
Originally posted by eleveninches
I agree with that except for:
Lyon
Villareal
Liverpool
Rangers
Udinese

well Lyon can be quite poor in defence but the attacking players they have is scary for defences they will cause problems and score plenty of goals i mean any team who beat Real Madrid 3 - 0 has got to be good.

Villarreal is a question mark for me as well, i think it is between them and Benfica for 2nd place.

you think Liverpool are not going to qualify ? it defiantly wont be Anderlecht and Betis have a uphill struggle now they lost there 1st game.

Porto may get through in place of Rangers.

Udinese had a very good result last night and i cant see Panathinaikos or Werder Bremen causing them any problems.

eleveninches
Liverpool winning was a one-off. THey cant even win the premership

Corran
Originally posted by T.M
Group A
winners Juventus
runners up Bayern Munich

Group B
winners Arsenal
runners up Ajax

Group C
winners Barcelona
runners up Udinese

Group D
winners Manchester United
runners up Villarreal

Group E
winners Milan
runners up PSV Eindhoven

Group F
winners Lyon
runners up Real Madrid

Group G
winners Chelsea
runners up Liverpool

Group H
winners Internazionale
runners up Rangers Real Madrid did not look good at all, are you sure you think they will qualify.

Deano
real madrid will get better once they have ronaldo and zidane back.

T.M
Originally posted by Corran
Real Madrid did not look good at all, are you sure you think they will qualify.

of course they will. Olympiakos and Rosenborg wont cause them much problems and as Deano said they still have Ronaldo and Zidane to come back.

El_NINO
I dont expect MAN U to do good nor do i expect Real Madrid to do good even though I like Real Madrid. They have to stop signing players for positions they already have covered and that are solid. Getting more forwards doesnt solve their bad defensive problems nor does it solve their midfield problems.

Deano
i reckon these are the teams that realistically have the best chance of winning

AC milan
chelsea
barcelona
juventus

lightning wont strike twice for liverpool

El_NINO
IMO Liverpool shouldnt be in Champions League this season

amity75
Can't see Rangers going through. Good result against Porto but we might only get another 6 points if we're lucky.

T.M
Originally posted by amity75
Can't see Rangers going through. Good result against Porto but we might only get another 6 points if we're lucky.

well they should beat Bratislava home and away. then they get a draw away to Porto which they are capable of, they got the 10 points and they are through.

Deano
Originally posted by El_NINO
IMO Liverpool shouldnt be in Champions League this season

100 % disagree

El_NINO
Well if UEFA introduces a new rule that means the winner of the tournament can no longer automaically qualify for next years CL and Liverpool make a request to be let in then doesnt that mean every team from here on who wins the tournament can do the same. You will see the kind of mess UEFA has done by doing so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.