Any top-tier superhero vs Starship Enterprise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
I havent seen this one yet: How would the likes of Superman, Green Lantern, Thor or Silver Surfer (to name a few) do against the Starship Enterprise (any version)?
As food for thought, I've tried to convert some superpowers into real-world amounts of energy, ie, megawatts. For example: 1 megawatt would yield a strength level of about 10,000 men. This is cheap, when you consider that to be able to withstand an explosion of one ton of TNT would require about 4000 megawatts.

roughrider
Oh brother...any one of those four would total the ship into scrap heap!
It better be made out of adamantium or something, to start with.

Scoobless
Tritanium actually.... with abladive armour.... plus they have to get past the shields..... and the Phasers ....... and Quantum Torpedoes make nukes look like fireworks

illadelph12
Supes and an untrained GL get pwn3d against Picard's Enterprise. Supes is a scanner sweep away from getting a pulse of red sunlight and kryptonian radiation shot at him and a quantum torpedo to the mouth. Surfer and a High end GL like John or Hal are a better match. Problem with GLs in particular is that once the Enterprise scanners pick up on Oan energy sigs his abilities are a Data and Geordi brainstorm away from being neutralized. Possibly Surfer as well. I don't know how well the Enterprise would do against Thor due to his magic abilities. All of the other characters are EM Spectrum based and susceptible to Starfleet Tech in the right, capable hands.

BobbyD
illadelph12

Supes and an untrained GL get pwn3d against Picard's Enterprise. Supes is a scanner sweep away from getting a pulse of red sunlight and kryptonian radiation shot at him and a quantum torpedo to the mouth. Surfer and a High end GL like John or Hal are a better match. Problem with GLs in particular is that once the Enterprise scanners pick up on Oan energy sigs his abilities are a Data and Geordi brainstorm away from being neutralized. Possibly Surfer as well. I don't know how well the Enterprise would do against Thor due to his magic abilities. All of the other characters are EM Spectrum based and susceptible to Starfleet Tech in the right, capable hands.

Wow! Now, there's a guy who knows something about his own ship.

Juntai
Originally posted by illadelph12
Supes and an untrained GL get pwn3d against Picard's Enterprise. Supes is a scanner sweep away from getting a pulse of red sunlight and kryptonian radiation shot at him and a quantum torpedo to the mouth. Surfer and a High end GL like John or Hal are a better match. Problem with GLs in particular is that once the Enterprise scanners pick up on Oan energy sigs his abilities are a Data and Geordi brainstorm away from being neutralized. Possibly Surfer as well. I don't know how well the Enterprise would do against Thor due to his magic abilities. All of the other characters are EM Spectrum based and susceptible to Starfleet Tech in the right, capable hands. Because Star Trek's group will make shit up. There's even a song about it. They've even admitted it in offset interviews. I mean of course its all fake, but even in their created universe they make shit up every few episodes.

K3VIL
....Oh....My...God.
ST force shields can't stay up forever.
Supes smack into them at Mach 2000 and pass through the ship like a human projectile.

Juntai
Gladiator in one easy punch took down the shields 20% in one crossover. The same thing would happen from Superman, except now he's bloodlusted as opposed to Glad, and will use heat vision at the same time... not to mention throwing 1000 of those in a second.

Any GL could just think and crush it, or contain it in a bubble.
Surfer could.. uhh.. . wave a hand at the Galaxy it's in?

ZephroCarnelian
The Enterprise shields can't really stand against much physical force. Enegy yes, but physical force no.

If Supes threw a meteor ten time the size of the Enterprise at it, it would be smashed to smithereens.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Juntai
Gladiator in one easy punch took down the shields 20% in one crossover.

that was the Enterprise (or Enterprise A) Enterprise E shields are vastly superior to anything Kirk ever used...... as are it's weapons.... and everything else

Originally posted by K3VIL
....Oh....My...God.
ST force shields can't stay up forever.
Supes smack into them at Mach 2000 and pass through the ship like a human projectile.

the deflector shields deal with objects going much faster than that (reletively speaking) when the ship is in warp... the full shields will barely register him
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
The Enterprise shields can't really stand against much physical force. Enegy yes, but physical force no.

If Supes threw a meteor ten time the size of the Enterprise at it, it would be smashed to smithereens.

or they could move out the way... or just blow it up

BobbyD
Oh well, bye-bye, Enterprise then....of any kind apparently.

DigiMark007
Huh. Some actual argument for Picard and crew. I'm a bit shocked, but sure...whatever works. The heroes should be able to dodge for days though...it's not like the Enterprise can maneuver well, even if it can travel the galaxy faster.

Scoobless
the Enterprise D has even used anti-matter as a weapon.... not many people can take a hit from that

ZephroCarnelian
The deflector shields only have to deal with interstellar dust and the odd stray hydrogen atom. This is stated in the Star Trek Encyclopedia.

They do not deal with meteors.

The Enterprise would not be able to move fast enough to avoid a meteor thrown at it at superspeed - not without going to warp: removing them off the battlefield.

And blowing it to pieces? Not a chance. The Enterprise D fired on a Borg Cube in their first encounter (Q Who?) with the Borg cube not having any kind of shields up. Attacking bare metal the Enterprise only managed to leave some fairly large craters - each less than the size of the Enterprise.

In Star Trek the Final Frontier - Kirk and co are down on the planet in the centre of the Galaxy with 'God' - the Enterprise fires photon torpedoes at a point not far away from them and they survive totally unharmed despite the proximity of the explosion.

Unless Quantum torpedoes are XXXXX times more powerful than photons, the meteor is not being destroyed.

The only thing I've every seen weaponry wise that'd deal enough damage to destroy a meteor twice the size of the ship is tri-cobaly devices, as used in the second episode of the first series of Voyager.

Against Superman or any other high-powered Superhero - the Enterprise - NCC1701, A, B, C, D, E - is gonna be utterly destroyed.

Orestes
Hm. Well I wasn't sure which side to take, but the Enterprise supporters have convinced me with intelligent arguments, while all I'm getting from the other side is "OMG wtf lolz," basically. I guess my vote goes for an Enterprise win, in light of the facts as presented.

Juntai
Originally posted by Orestes
Hm. Well I wasn't sure which side to take, but the Enterprise supporters have convinced me with intelligent arguments, while all I'm getting from the other side is "OMG wtf lolz," basically. I guess my vote goes for an Enterprise win, in light of the facts as presented. Except for the guy who posted right above you.

ZephroCarnelian
lol - cheers Juntai.

Scoobless
The deflector shields only have to deal with interstellar dust and the odd stray hydrogen atom. This is stated in the Star Trek Encyclopedia.

They do not deal with meteors.

they deal with any and all space objects in their way when at warp
And blowing it to pieces? Not a chance. The Enterprise D fired on a Borg Cube in their first encounter (Q Who?) with the Borg cube not having any kind of shields up. Attacking bare metal the Enterprise only managed to leave some fairly large craters - each less than the size of the Enterprise.

the Phaser cut through the Borg Cube like it wasn't even there the first time they fired on it.... then the Borg beamed over and analyzed the Enterprises weaponry.... after that the Phasers and Photons had no effect
In Star Trek the Final Frontier - Kirk and co are down on the planet in the centre of the Galaxy with 'God' - the Enterprise fires photon torpedoes at a point not far away from them and they survive totally unharmed despite the proximity of the explosion.

the yield of each torpedo can be configured for varying volumes of explosive force..... it's entirely conceivable that the Enterprise crew didn't want to blow Kirk up
Unless Quantum torpedoes are XXXXX times more powerful than photons, the meteor is not being destroyed.

they are

Orestes
Except for the guy who posted right above you.

Fair enough. wink That post went in after I finished reading and started posting myself, so obviously I wasn't able to take it into account when I wrote my own post. wink

Scoobless
i'm not actually saying i think the Enterprise could beat all of these guys.... just throwing out examples of stuff it's done

8bitChris
Now i'm not one who should open his mouth because I read a lot of comics and all....

But knowing that must about the Enterprise....that's just not right...

illadelph12
Sorry, you're mistaken Zeph.

The shields deal with physical impacts as well. There are episodes in TNG in which shuttles and probes have deflected off of the shields of the Enterprise, as well as containment force fields which are used to confine people in the brig, contain explosions, and used to protect against hull breaches. It's not just energy their shields deflect.

The best matches for the Enterprise D or E would be Surfer (given his speed, cosmic awareness, and versatility), Thor (given his magic), and a high end Lantern, who would still have to think very quickly so he's not out maneuvered.

Supes is a bit out of luck. Heat vision won't work. Ice breath won't work. Tossing large celestial bodies is not an instantaneous act Supes can pull off at a whim (maybe Pre-Crisis), and the Enterprise can destroy such objects as they are sent incoming with alterations to there phaser and torpedo arrays. Punching at the shields can be adjusted to and dealt with (ever heard of an "inertial dampener"wink, and his powers can be scanned and neutralized.

You must not be familiar with Borg Tech either. Borg Cubes regenerate themselves from phaser and photon damage. You have to hit them at certain points in a specific manner in order to cause critical damage. Comparing that to blowing up a meteor is a very bad comparison. Besides, as I stated before, Supes doesn't effortlessly move cellestial bodies at will. Smaller pieces of debris, maybe, but he's not hucking planetoids around like Peyton Manning does a football anymore.

Well, at least not yet. Give DC time.

Believe me, they are. If you watched the show you'd know this.

They've used the deflector dish array (the large satellite dish looking aparatus on the front of the Enterprise D and E) to emit anti-matter pulses and plasma at various times, as well as many other beams and pulses from the EM spectrum that are conceivably possible to emit. They've also used metaphasic shielding and phased cloaking technology. Meteors aren't an issue.

They've got a lot of tools.

This isn't your ordinary run of the mill "Kirk sleeps with green woman with polka dots while Spock saves the day" Enterprise.

Picard and crew hold it down.

ZephroCarnelian
Illadelph - by deflector shields I mean the beam coming from the navigational deflector. And that's what scoob was on about too.

Of course the normal shields deal with physical impacts. Just not impacts of that size.

I've seen plenty of DS9 and Voyager and I've been unimpressed by Quantum torpedoes.

The pahsed cloaking was used in the episode with the Pegasus ship. In contravention of the Romulan peace treaty. They got rid of it after - so that's not being used.

The Borg can indeed regenerate themselves. I'm talking however about the initial damage in the episode Q Who - the first EVER episode with the Borg in it. The damage wasn't massive. Each crater was probably the size of the enterprise or so.

----------------------------------------------------

I don't believe that Quantum torps or phasers could hurt injure Supes.

'Hurt' maybe. But not injure.

And the ship's computer couldn't keep targeting Supes with the speed of his movement anyway.

He'd just hit the deflector shields with super-punches a few hundred times a second. They'll soon wear down and then he'd rip the ship in half.

Unless it's now made of neutronium....

Scoobless
Metaphasic shielding isn't the phase/cloak shield.... it's the shield they use to survive inside a star's corona

illadelph12
If you've watched the show, then you also know about metaphasic shielding: the shielding used to allow the Enterprise to enter the corona of a star and boost their power by over 300%. You'd also know that even with Supes being small and flying around quickly, his being in such a close proximity to the Enterprise and his biomatrix giving off a specific energy signature would allow Enterprises sensors to detect and analyze him. The short and long range scanners don't just scan in one direction, they're omnidirectional. They don't have to get a fix on Supes for a direct hit, they just need to figure out he's solar powered and neutralize him with a pulse.

Scoobless
all they have to do is lock onto him with the transporters and disperse his molecules

they've beamed stuff at warp speed before.... they usually don't because it's extremely unsafe for the transportee.... but if they're trying to kill someone they don't have to worry about that

evil face

Khellendros
And the ship's computer couldn't keep targeting Supes with the speed of his movement anyway.
laughing laughing
Other ships traveling at warp >>> Supes flying around being annoying.

Juntai
Originally posted by Khellendros
laughing laughing
Other ships traveling at warp >>> Supes flying around being annoying. Superman would vibrate a frequency they couldn't see and scanners couldn't detect, he did it to a TELEPATH. So I'm sure he could do to tech.

illadelph12
Superman would vibrate a frequency they couldn't see and scanners couldn't detect, he did it to a TELEPATH. So I'm sure he could do to tech.

Not exactly.

Telepathy is a specific range of frequencies within the EM spectrum that constitute brainwaves. Starfleet scanners span the entire EM spectrum and then some, even detecting tears in subspace, dimensional rifts, and time displacement. 'Vibrating' isn't going to mask where he is, they aren't trying to read or sense his mind (though Deanna Troy could), they can read his life readings and EM field generated by his biomatrix.

With their long range sensors they can detect life on planets lightyears away:

I think they can detect Supes within a kilometer of the ship.

guy smiley
I think the Enterprise's tracking computer could easily track Superman. Superman is fast but the Enterprise D and E can track objects moving at warp 9 which is WAY faster then Superman. The Enterprise's computer can do that because the computer core is surrounded by sub-space field's so the computer operates at speeds significantly faster then light. Silver Surfer and Green Lantern can possibly travel faster then the Enterprise and they have anergy attacks so I think they could take out the Enterprise A,B,C,D, or E. Also, I doubt Superman could dodge a photon torpedo because they too can travel at warp speeds. I don't know how good Superman's vision is but the Enterprise - D's torpedoes can target Superman 3.5 million kilometers away and if the Enterprise is traveling at warp 9 when they fire the torpedo then it will hit him at warp 9. There is no way he would even see it coming. Incase you don't know warp 9 isn't 9 times faster then light it's 1516 times the speed of light. Warp 9.9 is WAY faster then warp 9. Superman's only hope is if he's already very close to the Enterprise and starts wailing away at the shields. If the phasers have no effect on him and they are too close to use torpedoes they could try locking on with the transporter and use it to scatter his molecules in space or they could just go to warp and fly away.
Wow, I feel like a geek.

Scoobless
Originally posted by guy smiley
Incase you don't know warp 9 isn't 9 times faster then light it's 1516 times the speed of light. Warp 9.9 is WAY faster then warp 9.

it's an exponential curve isn't it? the warp-speed figures i mean.... which is why warp 2 is so much faster than warp 1

lifeisaglich
Keep in mind that DS9 is not even a Star Fleet federation out post now if you compare USS Defiant you will see that this small ship packs allot of power than DS9 and Voyager was lost for year and years to come so maybe through time technological advances were made due to onslaught or impending invasion of the Borg.

Scoobless
punctuation makes sentences easier to understand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.