How strong is Captain America's shield?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
can anything dent it?

Thor's Godblast
Full strike from Mjolnir
Onslaught shattering punch from Hulk
Wolverine's claws
Scream from Black Bolt
Darkseid's Omega Beams

and anything you guys can think of

8bitChris
Well, Wolverine and Hulk definately can't.

I don't know about the other stuff.

jinzin
he can take everything there except godblast, black bolt, and omega beams.

masterbruce
I'm certain that the Onslaught destroying punch is at least the equivalent of a godblast

jinzin
Originally posted by masterbruce
I'm certain that the Onslaught destroying punch is at least the equivalent of a godblast

oh crap i didn't read the onslught blurb...I just assumed hulk punch..my bad...hmmm maybe his shield couldn't take that....what no...doesn't vibranium just push the force exerted on hit back outwards?... hulks punch wouldn't break it still...just based on the properties of vibranium...

roughrider
It's adamantium which is virtually unbreakable and indestructable, mixed with vibranium which absorbs all impacts and sound waves.
You have to attack it from a molecular level, I would say. Force seems useless.

golem370
It said when Hulk fought Ultron he dented him and he is made of Admantium

Laminator_X
It's even stronger than adamantium. Adamantium was Dr. McLeand's attempt to replicate what he'd created partly by accident in Cap's shield.

We've seen it broken by:

Thanos with the IG
Doom with OG Beyonder's power.
Molecular destabilization of all Wakandan Vibranium on earth.

Thor's godblast punctured a Celestial. I'll give him a shot..
Darkseid's power fluctuates, but he's a maybe.
Black Bolt, I don't think so, but who can say.

long pig
Yeah, it's not adamantium, it's vibranium with an unknown titanium alloy.
Vibranium can absorb any force impact, so nothing beyond molecule tampering or magic will hurt it.

willRules
In a fight between Thor and Iron-man, Cap intervened to break it up. Thor hit Caps shield with Mjlonir sending cap flying. His shield was dented. Thor quickly repaired it with a few taps.....

yahman
Originally posted by masterbruce

Onslaught Destroying = < Nuke level.

Godforce (at full power) = Plannet Shaking level

Godforce > Onslaught destroying punch. smile

Laminator_X
Originally posted by willRules
In a fight between Thor and Iron-man, Cap intervened to break it up. Thor hit Caps shield with Mjlonir sending cap flying. His shield was dented. Thor quickly repaired it with a few taps.....

Two things to note there:

1- Cap survived the impact.

2- That was King Thor doin the tappin.

willRules
Good point but it was still just taps to knock it into place........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.