They ****** up Mad Eye!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zac_j
Seriously, wtf?? Since when does he have a strap around his head with a broken piece of telescope in it? in the book it says its electric blue... Why would they go against the book? this makes no ******* sense!!!!!!!!!

black robb
Originally posted by zac_j
Seriously, wtf?? Since when does he have a strap around his head with a broken piece of telescope in it? in the book it says its electric blue... Why would they go against the book? this makes no ******* sense!!!!!!!!! its easier to animate

The Phantom
Seriously, wtf?? Since when does he have a strap around his head with a broken piece of telescope in it? in the book it says its electric blue... Why would they go against the book? this makes no ******* sense!!!!!!!!! Chill. Not everything comes out the way we wont it.... sadly this will be one of them.

Sir Mist
Yet another reason why bringing the books to cinema is a bad idea...

TheSun
I think he looks good, eccentric and slightly mad. Just because he doesn't have a spinning blue eye...

zac_j
he talks too fast. he seems american, but trying to fake an accent.

DarkC
I can't believe they were too lazy to CGI it entirely.

Ushgarak
He's Irish. And suits the role perfectly.

Lana
I have to say that with the movies so far they've either been spot-on with how I thought the characters would look or completely off...Moody actually looks somewhat like how I pictured him. So long as he can get the character down and play it well, I'm fine with it.

DanZeke25
i said this like 12 years ago.

Director_Joe
I think the actor will be fine (too lazy to look up his name, sorry) but the eye will bug me. The color of it is fine, it's just the strap around his head. I can fully understand that it would make thing easier to animate but c'mon, this movie has the biggest budget then any other film ever made. I just don't get it.

His scarring looks okay... In the book he's completely covered in small scars but in the movie it's a handfull of big ones.

goddess_susu
in the end of the book the eye is sopposed to fall out.
How, may I ask, are they ganna do that if its strapped around his head.

black robb
Originally posted by goddess_susu
in the end of the book the eye is sopposed to fall out.
How, may I ask, are they ganna do that if its strapped around his head. they'll probably just cut away so you dont see it

jenniefoo08
Yeah, that was my brother's reaction. I thought it was kinda weird, too, but I guess that was the easiest way they cld do it. Hopefully he'll be a good actor, though, along with the rest of them, especially the triwizard champs.

black robb
If there's anybody you should be surprised about is who is playing Viktor Krum,he doesnt fit the book's description at all

allofyousuckkk
how can n e 1 picture him n e differently?>i pictured him jsut like they showed him in the book. There is a giant picture and under it it says chapte sumthing:mad eye moody

The Phantom
Originally posted by Sir Mist
Yet another reason why bringing the books to cinema is a bad idea... Here Here

Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
how can n e 1 picture him n e differently?>i pictured him jsut like they showed him in the book. There is a giant picture and under it it says chapte sumthing:mad eye moody Likewise. This is a disappointment.

zombieman
Come on, it would be really dull if they didn't make small changes from the book. The filmakers should be allowed a small degree of creative imput too.

allofyousuckkk
i dont like moodys character n the least bit...dirty blonde?with a full nose?And when he kills the spider he puts no emotion in whatysoever...he's jsut like *spell* boom ...yes harry is alive....hmmm...anyone wanna learn these curses?
i mean wtf he is a terrible actor

slim_thug
moody looks f_ing ugly iwas expecting better

Trickster
Originally posted by zombieman
Come on, it would be really dull if they didn't make small changes from the book. The filmakers should be allowed a small degree of creative imput too.

That's not true - if it's a good book it doesn't need changing.

Director_Joe
I, being a filmmaker myself, agree with Trickster. I don't think the books should be changed whatsoever. Though it is an adaptation, the film should still have the same feel as the book.

Lana
Originally posted by black robb
If there's anybody you should be surprised about is who is playing Viktor Krum,he doesnt fit the book's description at all

I disagree, I think he fits the description in the book pretty well. It's Cho and Fleur who I don't think look right for the parts -- Cho looks far too young, and Fleur was described in the books as being extremely beautiful, and while the actress who plays her is very pretty, not nearly as much as she should be for the character.

Originally posted by zombieman

I completely disagree. They're great books, why do they need to be changed any?

zac_j
t were your favorite parts? i like the parts at the quidditch world cup, because it seemed like camping and they had HUGE tents... it was just fun to picture in your mind... smile i like reading, how about you?

The Ones
the final battle

the_ANTI
personally, the movies started to ruin the books. i think they degrade them. after i saw the 3rd, i'm not going to see anyothers, unless i'm on the verge of death b/c of boredome, and someone else is paying for the movie ticket.

Director_Joe
The movies, like the books, are getting better. Now, I'm not saying that they'll ever reach the 'greatness' (if you will) of the books. But the fact of the matter is that they are 'trying' (though it might not seem like it) to make the movies as good as the books.

Acherontia

zac_j

The Phantom
DIDN'T THEY SAY VOLDEMORT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HANDSOME??? HOW THE FUDGE R THEY GONNA DO THAT IF HES MR. BEAN??? I'd die laughing if it was Mr. Bean. It'd be the funniest thing ever!

DarkC

Acherontia
Ralph Fiennes ?

OH YEAH!!! Althoug i Didn't know it was Ralph Fiennes, I forgot that Atkinson Dropped out beacsue of some Depression. BUT Originally, it WAS going to be Him.

Robert Wilfort .... Bozo

Who the heck is Bozo?

Did you guys NoticeThat Curley haird blond With thoes Thick Glasses? I think She's going to Play Rita Skeeter... Funny Always Pictured her with Blond or Black hair.

slim_thug
ban you suck

Director_Joe
Well... If you read the book he wasn't suposed to look 'good'. I suppose Rowling was going for 'ugly'.

Smodden
Brendan Gleeson is a good actor, he won't mess moody up. However, I agree about his eye beeing messed up.

Phat J
the eye pissed me off, i mean, they describe it pretty detailed in the book, without havin a ****in string around his head

DeathEater20
i think they made him horrible
totally diff from the book
oh well everything else is done well

zac_j
cant wait to see malfoy turn into a ferret... big grin

danagrint
He looks so fake

The Phantom
cant wait to see malfoy turn into a ferret... big grin The number one thing I want to see in the next movie... Malfoy the furret!

danagrint
the Yule Ball and the part were malfoy turns into a ferret but I saw that part in the tralier but it's still funny

The Phantom
I'm staying away from trailers. DOn't want anything ruined outside of commercials.

Saratn
i've only seen one trailer that is it. and the movie looks terrific.

danagrint
http://harrypotter.warnerbros.co.uk/gobletoffire/master/index.html

Director_Joe
I still think Moody looks too happy. In the book, when I describe him I think 'knarled'. In the movie I think 'his eye's wrong'...

MistressofSnape
he Does look too happy and that strap thingy has to go. they jacked-up his character. Plus krum looks nothing like his desription.

zac_j
Originally posted by MistressofSnape
he Does look too happy and that strap thingy has to go. they jacked-up his character. Plus krum looks nothing like his desription.
niether does cedric. and y is hermione so friggin hot?

dansdaman
i totally think he looks like crap...first off, i pictured him old with wispy hair and really skinny, not fat or lumpy!!....and that patch drives me insane!!!!!!!!!! insane!...lol...i mean, i thought they would have made him look all scarred and everything and then animated the eye after the movie....it makes me so mad....personally i dont think ANY of the new characters look like they should...i pictured cedric to be hot, krum to be uglier and just not like that...and fleur to be really pretty!! and have SILVER hair....grr....im sorry, but it just makes me mad....cho is alright though

danagrint
I mean come on a strap on eye

Director_Joe
It's not a stap on eye... Have you not been paying attention? It's a strap that keeps the eye in the socket...

zac_j
i totally did NOT picture Krum like that. i mean come on!!! a crew cut and a mustache?? What the f**k?

div
moody is a dissapointment!!
he doesnt look like a wizard he looks lyk a mad scientist or something
his eye is supposed to look magical no electrical!!

dansdaman
i know!!!....arrrggghhhh.....must calm down, need to calm down.... Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance....ah, that should do it

danagrint
Originally posted by div
moody is a dissapointment!!
he doesnt look like a wizard he looks lyk a mad scientist or something
his eye is supposed to look magical no electrical!!

definally

bubbles33
i agree with the strap, bad idea

zac_j
But honestly! they ****** up Mad Eye!!!!

babysooner13
Seriously, wtf?? Since when does he have a strap around his head with a broken piece of telescope in it? in the book it says its electric blue... Why would they go against the book? this makes no ******* sense!!!!!!!!!

ZACHARY PAUL JAMER! STOP THE CUSSING! I'm mad too, here, let's breath. *inhales, outhales, inhales, outhales*

zac_j
Originally posted by babysooner13
ZACHARY PAUL JAMER! STOP THE CUSSING! I'm mad too, here, let's breath. *inhales, outhales, inhales, outhales*
thats the last time i tell anyone my middle name.... no

zac_j
ok but seriously i dont even like the ACTOR who plays him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.