Live Action Neon Genesis Evangelion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bardiel13
Okay... I didn't whether to put this in the anime forum or this one. But, since it's Live Action, I decided to put it in here. For those of your who don't know, Neon Genesis Evangelion was a Japanese cartoon that first aired in 1995. It was about three 14-year-old children who were chosen to pilot these "biomechs" called Evangelions and defend the city Tokyo-3 from alien invaders code-named "Angels." For most of you, this may sound cliche, but actually Evangelion is known throughout the Japanimation fandom as a masterpiece.

Anywho, ADV films has decided to produce a Live Action Movie based off of Eva. WETA Workshops will be doing the special effects (like they did in Lord of the Rings). So far, the topic of movie has been pretty controversial.

So, I ask... Do we really want this movie? I mean... look what hollywood has done to other perfectly good things, like comic books, video games and the like. Do they really have to start defiling anime, too? Let's hear what you guys have to say about it.

Morpheus
raver Well, it's about time!!!! raver thumb up thumb up rock

DemonXangelX
well the xmen turned out ok but they neva actually got all the details right so i think it is a good idea but it depends on whos playin the characters and if they ruin it altogether i might just go off all these remakes im just gonna say it betta b gud

Bardiel13
Well, Daniel Radcliffe (aka Harry Potter) might be playing the role of the main character, but it hasn't been confirmed. I admit it... he does look like that main character...

me+rob=crowing
if a movie came out, it would be an atom bomb blast of poputarity for the show that it hasnt really gotten outside of the anime community. i watch lots of cartoons and have seen lots of anime and neon genesis is without a doubt the deepest most impactful animated project of any kind i have ever seen.

then again, the public is so sub par mentally that the entire show would be COMPLETELY beyond their grasp.

if a live action movie came out, good or bad, it would have a positive effect on the rest of the franchise. and that shits brilliant, so i want the writers to get more respect than they have so far

megapunk1235ALT
Right now everything about cast members are rumors.
Google it,since i can't post links.

A site named Eva.trivialbeing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.