Serious Mr.karate v.s. Shin Akuma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shirizatu16
Ya know this question always bugged me. Both are very determined to win no matter the cost.

I mean S.Mr. Karate can level down anything into dust.While Akuma can straight out destroy!!!

I go for S.Mr. Karate.So who will you guys wager on?

Darkstorm Zero
Owwwww.... This one is SO close!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/svc_shin-gouki.gif or http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/Orochi-Karate.gif

I can't decide!

I would normally say Shin Akuma easily... but I use Serious Mr. Karate, and I gotta say that he packs some serious fireppower that is easily on par with S. Akuma...

Tha C-Master
Is that his fighting pose, whats normal mr karate like?

Darkstorm Zero
Like this!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/svc_Karate.jpg

Shirizatu16
yeah tough topic huh?

I think it would be a extravagant fight!!!!

Hoshi
i think shin akuma would win, since mr karate extra powers comes from his mask, while shin akumas true power comes from his training

Onikirimaru
Oyaji!!

Darkstorm Zero
Lol

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/oyajipal.gif

Shirizatu16
Originally posted by Hoshi
i think shin akuma would win, since mr karate extra powers comes from his mask, while shin akumas true power comes from his training

Actually, it's not his mask that makes him powerful.

But when he wears it he fights alot seriously.

He basically wears it for no one to know his identity.

in reality he is a serious fighter.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Owwwww.... This one is SO close!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/svc_shin-gouki.gif or http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/Orochi-Karate.gif

I can't decide!

I would normally say Shin Akuma easily... but I use Serious Mr. Karate, and I gotta say that he packs some serious fireppower that is easily on par with S. Akuma...

That mask is gay

Inspectah Deck
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Karate

Shirizatu16
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
That mask is gay

well it's a tengu mask!

back in samarui days many ppl would fear the demons called "tengu"

they were said to contain a vast majority of power.

now a days ppl would wear the mask to represent their show of power(some ppl at least )

ex: Mr.Karate

It's all ancient history anyway

Tha C-Master
I hate the look of the guy though...

shin_remy
well Shin Akuma and Shin mr Karate are the same level and indd the power from karate comes from the mask!!!

BUT........ even that they are the same level doesn't mean that they have the same potential and besides is the power from Akuma MUTCH differnt then from mr Karate!!! And thats why he would lose!!! Akuma has also more expierence then mr Karate

Akuma's power is meant to KILL and it every attack kills his opponement, His technique is deadly

Mr Karate will lose !!he is no match to the Shotokan Arts!!!

Akuma was back in the Alpha days strong enough to blow hole Islands up

shin_remy
bump

shin_remy
*gaap*

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by shin_remy
well Shin Akuma and Shin mr Karate are the same level and indd the power from karate comes from the mask!!!

BUT........ even that they are the same level doesn't mean that they have the same potential and besides is the power from Akuma MUTCH differnt then from mr Karate!!! And thats why he would lose!!! Akuma has also more expierence then mr Karate

Akuma's power is meant to KILL and it every attack kills his opponement, His technique is deadly

Mr Karate will lose !!he is no match to the Shotokan Arts!!!

Akuma was back in the Alpha days strong enough to blow hole Islands up

Wow, take it easy Remy, Let me correct you on a few of your misconceptions. Firstly, Mr. Karate does not draw his powers from the mask, just as Shirizatu said, he only wears it to conceal his true identity.He's true identity is Takuma Sakazaki, the reason why he wears the mask, is because it enables him to use his lethal fighting style to it's fullest intent without having a concious thought about it (He doesn't feel guilty about it).

Secondly, Mr. Karate has about the same experience level as Akuma thanks to his age (No he's not an old man, but he is about as old as Akuma) He is the current master of the Kyokuken Karate fighting style, which IMO is roughly on par with the Ansatsuken arts.

Make no mistake, as Mr. Karate, Takuma's fighting style is as lethal as Akuma's, reading that comic you should know this... confused

Gouki
Yeah, shin_remy wants Akuma to pummel any opponent he goes against.

legacy92
AKUMA .....tAKUMA LMAO!! smokin' Happy Dance laughing
sounds preety the same to me!

shin_remy
i know BUT....Can Mr karate stands against a Shun-Goku-Satsu?? Or a Misogi or that other technique he learned in the SF 3 time ?? i gues not, mr Karate has not the techniques to kill someone in one time

so thats why i think Akuma will win

shin_remy
Originally posted by Gouki
Yeah, shin_remy wants Akuma to pummel any opponent he goes against.

I WANTbig grin YES BUT IF IT HAPPEN......... NOO, HE WILL LOSE TO DBZ!!sad TOO BAD

Gouki
Can't win everything.

shin_remy
JUP smile

Darkstorm Zero
i know BUT....Can Mr karate stands against a Shun-Goku-Satsu?? Or a Misogi or that other technique he learned in the SF 3 time ?? i gues not, mr Karate has not the techniques to kill someone in one time

so thats why i think Akuma will win

Well, it's debatable, Serious Mr. Karate has as many techniques wich render him invulnerable:
Built Upper (his answer to the Gou Shoryu Ken)
Kyokugen Kohou (A super version of the same move)
Kishin Geki (A 3 hit attack with invincible autocounter capabilities)

As well as superior projectile attacks:
Ko'ou Ken '02 (Instantaneous invisible attack)
Haou Shikou Ken (A move that eats through any other projectiles, can be charged into unblockable state and can be fired once or 3 successive times.)

Mr. Karate aint going down without doing some serious damage to Akuma. I say that this one is a draw.

Gouki
You can't help it, the guy is serious.

Hoshi
in terms of power ,speed,strengh they are stalemated , that is for sure.Their technichies are even too, what would define the fight would be the guy who focus better.And i would say that shin akuma can focus better and has more experience, although m karate has lots of exp too i can safely say that akuma has a lot more.

Gouki
I, personally, don't know anything about Serious Mr. Karate, so I can't really put anything useful into this debate. I know a lot about Akuma. He's a pretty tough dude to bring down. He is not called the Supreme Master of the Fist for nothing.

Tha C-Master
A tie sounds nice...

legacy92
Originally posted by Hoshi
in terms of power ,speed,strengh they are stalemated , that is for sure.Their technichies are even too, what would define the fight would be the guy who focus better.And i would say that shin akuma can focus better and has more experience, although m karate has lots of exp too i can safely say that akuma has a lot more.

When you say Fokus better i still think its stalemate bekause u know sum1 is fokused wen there serious thats why they kall him SERIOUS mr.Karate lolz! smokin'

Gouki
.tuoba gniklat era uoy tahw wonk I, heaY

shin_remy
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
A tie sounds nice...

NOOOOO IT DOESN'T!!!!

in every fight you have a winner and a loser!!!

Akuma has also more sepect of company's then mr karate and that counts too, mr karate doesn't excist longer then akuma, i think it is also foolish to let a new character win of the old ones and get more respect!! (AND THAT HAPPENS A LOT BY SNK!!)

Tha C-Master
So he wins because he is cooler?

shin_remy
no he is older and get more respect from the company's

Darkstorm Zero
............. I'm an Akuma Fan... And I thiink it's a stalemate... I would like to know where your pulling some of these excuses from Remy, are you telling me that you think Akuma should win simply because you think he's older now?

I have some news for you, Serious Mr. Karate may in fact be even older... Takuma has a family and is is the current master of the Kyokuken Martial arts. he's older than you think... In fact he may be OLDER than Akuma...

Also, let me remind you that a debate about the Characters in a theoretical debate about who would win in a fight has nothing to do with their popularity... Please stick with how you'd think he'd win in combat rather than why you think he should win because of all the respect and popularity he has... roll eyes (sarcastic)

shin_remy
noooo you don't understand!!!

akuma is exist longer then mr Karate, oh sorry ( TAKUMA---> RIPOFF)

Hes is nieuwer, soo

for example : they make a new anime and they are stronger then goku!!! Then i lose my respect for those who made a new anime!! It is not cool for the makers of goku that they are replaced by a bunch of new characters that supposed to be higher then theirs messedmessed

SNK GOES WAY TO EASY WITH THEIR CHARACTERS AND WITH THAT THEY DISSAPOINT A LOT OF FANS

Hoshi
i think akuma would win after a very hard fight .Probaly i think or mr karate and akuma would stalemate or akuma would win barely .In fact Takuma may be older, but that doesnt mean exp , akuma has fought the strongest guys in his planet since he was born .Takuma received his mask , akuma trained to acquire the power, akuma is a guy that only think about fighting , he doesnt have emotion besides hate and love for fighting, that is why i think they would stalemate or akuma would win.

Gouki
Akuma does not have hate for fighting. He desires to be the strongest in Fighting.

Hoshi
Originally posted by Gouki
Akuma does not have hate for fighting. He desires to be the strongest in Fighting.

sorry , i think i let too ambiguos, i mean the only feeling he has is love for fighting.And pure hate for everything else.

Gouki
I don't know about that Hoshi. Why would he hate everything else, besides Fighting?

SaTsuJiN
because non-fighters = weak stuff thats in the way to become stronger

and while its true that giving newer characters the strength to tear up old ones feels lame.. in the fighting world theres always going to be someone stronger, so I guess the character designers try to keep that in mind.

Darkstorm Zero
Well in that respect, I can say that Mr. Karate is older... Art of Fighting came out before Akuma's debut in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

Gouki
Heh.
Anybody get the 360?

shin_remy
HAHAHAHA sorry

akuma is WAAAAY older then you think!!!

he comes original from the game------>> CYBORG and that game is begin 90's late 80's i don't know it anymore but later then TAKUMA!!!(RIPOFF):@

Gouki
Okay, then.

Darkstorm Zero
1986--->Art of Fighting
1988--->Cyborg/ Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Mr. Karate is 2 years older...

Whhat ios the point of this little exersise anyways... who cares which one of them was created first, this debate is to see which of them would win in a battle... Remy, don't sidetrack the debate like that again please... just tell me why you'd think Akuma would win, and I mean a REAL reason, not because his creators made him first, or because he looks cooler or something like that, come up with something more real...

shin_remy
shun goku satsu kills you inmediatly there is a way too survive it but i don't think that mr karate knows the way!!

ashura zenkuu can he dodge everything he wants and come behind hin and do a shun goku sastsu

they are in skills EVEN and in firepower!! but i think akuma will win cause he knows so many attacks that brings him the better of the two if you know what i mean, dodging, supriseattacks, and the deadly attacks

but i don't say that it would be easy smile

Darkstorm Zero
shun goku satsu kills you inmediatly there is a way too survive it but i don't think that mr karate knows the way!!

ashura zenkuu can he dodge everything he wants and come behind hin and do a shun goku sastsu

they are in skills EVEN and in firepower!! but i think akuma will win cause he knows so many attacks that brings him the better of the two if you know what i mean, dodging, supriseattacks, and the deadly attacks

but i don't say that it would be easy smile

Thats an assumption, we don't know what he knows, but that asside, how will Shin akuma even hit with the Shun Goku Satsu?

Ashura Senku? You do realise, that not only does Karate have 3 dodge type maneuvers, but the Ashura Senku also leaves Shin Akuma vulnerable due to it's recovery time?

Yes, their skills are even, and if you've ever played as Serious Mr. Karate you'd know that he has just as many moves, 3 dodges, 2 suprize attacks, 4 invulnerables, and 2 unblockables.

This fight is FAR too close to simply say "Akuma wins, not without a fight but he wins hands down!"

Tha C-Master
Are we talking in the aspect of an ACTUAL game? Or treating them as if they were in a "real" hypothetical match?

Darkstorm Zero
I do both, a dual analysis, I think Remy is trying to do both.... I think.....

shin_remy
yes

shin_remy
Sunday my first street fighter tournament smile

Tha C-Master
Coolies, who do you play as?

Gouki
Yeah, and what game are you playing?

IcePunk
there is nowone who has got the ability of keeping to the subject here, right?

I'll spell it out for u: Takuma vs Shin Akuma

GEEZ

Gouki
Yes, you are right, nowone is keepin' to the subject.
I think, that Shin Akuma wins solely because of the extent he will go to win a fight. The Murderous Intent flowing through his veins enable him to be an extremely strong competitor.

shin_remy
i play with Ken street fighter 3 third strike

*ontopic*

thats a good one gouki wink

thats also a very good reason why he should win, even if they are the same lvl the powers of akuma are different

id369
Well Im a huge fan of both.

But I have to say Mr. Karate> Guki.
But S. Guki > Mr. Karate. but vary vary close match. Takuma has an awnser to just about everything Guki throws at him. But Guki has a slight advantage if his Demon Rage connects.

(I read about the debate of his mask. The Tengu mask does not grant the user powers. Takuma has that power. But using that The True Extreme Way Of The Kyokogen Ryu No Haminiki is an art that oblirates his apponents the same way Dark Hadou does. Takuma feels shame if he kills his foe in battle. So he wears it not to disgrace him self, family, and dojo.)

Shirizatu16
1986--->Art of Fighting
1988--->Cyborg/ Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Mr. Karate is 2 years older...

Whhat ios the point of this little exersise anyways... who cares which one of them was created first, this debate is to see which of them would win in a battle... Remy, don't sidetrack the debate like that again please... just tell me why you'd think Akuma would win, and I mean a REAL reason, not because his creators made him first, or because he looks cooler or something like that, come up with something more real...

I 100% agree with you Darkstorm Zero!

Nowadays everything is reffered into Favoratism(who likes the character more) and that is a reason why many good fighters are looked down upon as unworthy. Which causes many to actually see who would actually win in a real case scenario. Thus, bringing me to this.

It would not matter how old,how cooler, and how the moves would be impossible to elude.

Becuase what it would all come down to is the will to fight!
Which in alot of cases would mean a draw in this matter!

Gouki
Eh...hard to decide. Takuma has the family's respect on the line. Akuma trains for this kind of fight. One to the death.

id369
Takuma in King Of Fighters 2000, He de-versed an orbital attack that was aimed at the Heart of South Town. It was capable of destroying a town. And this is just regular Takuma.

Originally posted by legacy92
AKUMA .....tAKUMA LMAO!! smokin' Happy Dance laughing
sounds preety the same to me!

You do know that Akuma is the American name and Guki is the original name right?

Darkstorm Zero
It was only regular Akuma that survived in the depths of the ocean, and it was regular Akuma that destroyed an island, and later Ayers Rock...

id369
It was only regular Akuma that survived in the depths of the ocean, and it was regular Akuma that destroyed an island, and later Ayers Rock...

Akuma and Takuma has shown great power in thier base form.

I think id be great if they were to have an anime version of these two duke it out, at thier peak.

Shirizatu16
Yep I agree with you all the way!!!!!!

Gouki
id369- Why do you spell Gouki's Name as Guki?
Just wonderin' man.

Darkstorm Zero
I was wondering that myself... I thought it was a Typo or something...

id369
I was wondering that myself... I thought it was a Typo or something...

Yup its a typo. No big deal.

Darkstorm Zero
Cool

Gouki
Heh, but I saw some people not only do that to Gouki's name, to some other people's names. Not only that, they do it excessively.

Darkstorm Zero
Thats when it no longer becomes a Typo, but a pain in the neck

2D_MASTER
Wow this one is tough..... but I think I can judge by personal experience. Judging solely on game play (SVC the only game which features SERIOUS mr karate), I think that both Akuma and Mr. Karate are a ***** to beat. BUT gosh, serious mr karate can throw a triple shi-koh-ken as a special move (not as a super or exceed). Because ONE shikohken can canel out any also any projecttile, plus cannot be jumped over and one is FORCED to block, this makes him freakishly powerfull. this is just an exaample of serious mr karates power. So i say that they are equals. I would call it a draw, because I think serious mr karate would give Akuma what he wants, a perfect match, they would probably destroy each other. oh yeah this is to BAISED FAN BOYS (not to mention a few names)... Just because Akuma is the most powerfull of Capcom doesn mean is is invincible.

Darkstorm Zero
I second that

id369
Serious Mr. Karate can be compared to
Oro (not Holding Back.)
Shin Bison (from the Alpha series)

2D_MASTER
ok ok this is totally off subject but.. does anybody know what happened to the Ryu versus Terry forum? K thanks.

dvampire
Originally posted by id369
Serious Mr. Karate can be compared to
Oro (not Holding Back.)
Shin Bison (from the Alpha series)

Oro was never shown fighting at full power though, so it's hard to gauge him.

Gouki
Yeah, but you can kinda' guess of what he is capable of..
He has that Ex version of his Super Arts.
That means he is a strong character.
It's very rare to see that.

AcidGlow
Well, if it's based off both SVC versions then I'm going with Shin Akuma. Both have unblockable exceeds just Shin Akuma's has a much higher chance of hitting the enemy. Shin Akuma's teleport is great for travelling around a stage unharmed and to even get close and launch a ShunGokuSatsu. I get alot of ppl with it that way cause the speed of that super move and the "no delay" in Shin's teleport make them a great combo. Sure, Serious Karate can use 3 Sho Kokhen (whatever they are called) fireballs anytime and even charge them to make 1 of them unblockable but Shin Akuma can teleport all the way through them and still land near or behind Karate to retaliate. Not to mention Serious Karate doesn't have that much combo potential. He NEEDS his Max Mode to be able to combo much better. Shin Akuma doesn't need it.

the Darkone
Shin Akuma hands down, only person that can beat shin akuma is orochi and I will still put money on shin akuma.

looldude
^^ not true unless we are talking about a fight to the death then orochi will probably win. (btw read my post on the orochi vs shin akuma thread)

and um.... shin remy, akuma did not copy takuma's name
IT WAS CAPCOM USA fault that they want to change gouki's name to akuma.

and i think gouki sounds cooler anyway.

the Darkone
RD f**ks up Mr. KArate with a passion like it did to Kyo.

goddess_athena
serious Mr. Karate for the win.

but i'd like them to kill each other and let a new Mr. Karate raise

img260.imageshack.us/img260/1480/24iq.jpg (Ryo Sakazaki)

shin_remy
Originally posted by looldude
^^ not true unless we are talking about a fight to the death then orochi will probably win. (btw read my post on the orochi vs shin akuma thread)

and um.... shin remy, akuma did not copy takuma's name
IT WAS CAPCOM USA fault that they want to change gouki's name to akuma.

and i think gouki sounds cooler anyway.

euhm i never said that. read better the next time

i said that Takuma is a ripp of from Akuma wink

looldude
well how is he a ripoff if they both have different moves???

shin_remy
ge home punk and play the games please!!

looldude
i dont understand how they are a rip off of eachother.
instead, why dont you explain it to me.

shin_remy
ok sorry about my reaction from earlier

well by gameplay they don't look at each other. they have indeed different moves. but by the story, he has a lot of in common with Akuma
their backgrounds!!

Akuma
Takuma cool

shin_remy
snk made a few characters who looks much on those of sf. even do it is not there purpose to do but it looks so, you know what i mean

the Darkone
shin akuma will abuse mr. karate, shin akuma has too many moves , he will overwhelm mr. karate.

looldude
shin remy, ask your self this

how many times can capcom or snk design so that they will not be able to copy eachother and therefore be able to make a unique character?

answer is rather limited.

the Darkone
Shin Akuma has too many abilities to overwhelm Shin Mr. Kararte, Raging Demon, Misogi.

TYSON09
HELLO

TYSON09
IF YOU HAVE NOTICE IN EVERY FIGHTING GAME THAT ANY CLASH FIGHTING OR MOST CAPCOM STREETFIGHTER GAMES AKUMA IS THE BOSS OR SECRECT BOSS BECAUSE HIT IS VERY POWERFUL. IN SVC AKUMA WAS WAY MORE POWERFUL THAN KARATE. AKUMA IS ALOT FASTER THAN KARATE AS WELL. SO IF THEY KICKED IT UP A LEVEL OF COURSE AKUMA OR SHIN AKUMA IS STRONGER AND WOULD WIN. THEY EVEN HAD HIM FACE RUGAL AND FROM FIGHTING BOTH KARATE AND RUGAL. A.I AND POWER GO'S TO RUGAL AND AKUMA IS STRONGER THAN RUGAL TOO. BUT THEY HAD TO MAKE UP A STORY LINE FOR RUGAL'S TRANSFORMATION TO ULTIMATE RUGAL A.K.A GOD RUGAL SO IT WOULD LOOK GOOD. BUT IF MY SNK INFO IS CORRECT I THOUGHT RUGAL BECAME GOD RUGAL BY TAKING THE ORCHI POWER NOT THE DARK HADO. PLUS HE TOOK THE DARK HADO FROM AKUMA AND COULDNT CONTROL IT AND IT CONSUMED HIM AND AKUMA TOOK OVER HIT BODY. HE CANT CONTROL THE ORCHI POWER BUT NOT THE DARK HADO WITCH MEANS THE DARK HADO IS MUCH STRONGER THAN THE ORCHI POWER WITCH ALSO MEAN AKUMA OR SHIN AKUMA IS STRONGER THAN RUGAL OR GOD RUGAL AND SEEING THAT RUGAL OR GOD RUGAL IS STRONGER THAN KARATE OR SHIN KARATE THATS MAKE AKUMA OR SHIN AKUMA WAY STRONGER THAN KARATE.

Darkstorm Zero
By the time of CVS2, Rugal already had the Orochi power, and could become OMEGA Rugal at will.

Now, when he absorbed Akuma's Satsui No Hadou, it merged with the Orochi power and transformed him into G.Rugal. the Vice Versa happens when Rugal infuses his Orochi powers into Akuma before dying, he becomes Shin Akuma.

However, the Orochi shoryline has no bearing in SVC Chaos, and Akuma doesn't have it in that game.

Kirikaze Fuuma
i said that Takuma is a ripp of from Akuma wink

false.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by TYSON09
IF YOU HAVE NOTICE IN EVERY FIGHTING GAME THAT ANY CLASH FIGHTING OR MOST CAPCOM STREETFIGHTER GAMES AKUMA IS THE BOSS OR SECRECT BOSS BECAUSE HIT IS VERY POWERFUL. IN SVC AKUMA WAS WAY MORE POWERFUL THAN KARATE. AKUMA IS ALOT FASTER THAN KARATE AS WELL. SO IF THEY KICKED IT UP A LEVEL OF COURSE AKUMA OR SHIN AKUMA IS STRONGER AND WOULD WIN. THEY EVEN HAD HIM FACE RUGAL AND FROM FIGHTING BOTH KARATE AND RUGAL. A.I AND POWER GO'S TO RUGAL AND AKUMA IS STRONGER THAN RUGAL TOO. BUT THEY HAD TO MAKE UP A STORY LINE FOR RUGAL'S TRANSFORMATION TO ULTIMATE RUGAL A.K.A GOD RUGAL SO IT WOULD LOOK GOOD. BUT IF MY SNK INFO IS CORRECT I THOUGHT RUGAL BECAME GOD RUGAL BY TAKING THE ORCHI POWER NOT THE DARK HADO. PLUS HE TOOK THE DARK HADO FROM AKUMA AND COULDNT CONTROL IT AND IT CONSUMED HIM AND AKUMA TOOK OVER HIT BODY. HE CANT CONTROL THE ORCHI POWER BUT NOT THE DARK HADO WITCH MEANS THE DARK HADO IS MUCH STRONGER THAN THE ORCHI POWER WITCH ALSO MEAN AKUMA OR SHIN AKUMA IS STRONGER THAN RUGAL OR GOD RUGAL AND SEEING THAT RUGAL OR GOD RUGAL IS STRONGER THAN KARATE OR SHIN KARATE THATS MAKE AKUMA OR SHIN AKUMA WAY STRONGER THAN KARATE.

Had you typed like a norman person I would've read your paragraph. Next time don't do caps.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.