x-men legends 3 discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules

steverules
Isn't anyone gonna say somethin. It can be anything.

JirK
you guys are funny, im still waiting for XML2 to come out next week.

Draco69
There may not BE an X-Men Legends 3

willRules
LOL this threads doing well steve roll eyes (sarcastic)

steverules
The point of this threwad is to see who you would want to see in x-men legends 3 if there was going to be one. Besides will I asked you if I should make this forum and you said yes. miffed

Rocker2005
Hey, X-men Legends 3 should be made but the graphics should be changed in-definatley There awful i mean My god!

If there was an X-men Legends 3 I would like it to focus on Mojo And perhaps a game version of UXM 54-Upwards with Longshot , Arcade and stuff.

Disscus

willRules
I think Playable characters In a 3rd one should be:

Cyclops
Wolverine
Iceman
Storm
Marvel Girl (Rachel)
Emma Frost but better than XML 1
Nightcrawler
Rogue
Colossus
Mystique but better than XML 1

Unlock ables
Cable
Deadpool
Longshot
Havok
Quicksilver
Astral Plane version of Xavier from XML 1

Villains

Main villain : Scarlet Witch (uber powerful Disassembled version)

Magneto
Juggernaut
Dark Beast
Mojo
Spiral
The Marauders (Sabretooth, Grey Crow, Vertigo etc etc)
Sauron
the Sentinels

willRules
The plot

Scarlet Witch's powers go out of control, she changes reality so that she is in control of all the governments worldwide . She controls all the villains I have mentioned. She sends some to kill off the X-men for a laugh. She sends the rest to moniter the globe. The X-men must fight any attacker who are a threat to themselves and the humans who are being persecuted........

steverules
See Will told you it was a good idea and scarlet witch as the main villain sounds like a good idea. But would dpool be a good or bad? smile confused

willRules
Well Scarlet Witch pays him to kill the X-men, but the Psychics "Change his mind" quite literally, get it? big grin

JirK
i think XML3 should be about more recent stories. should feature cassandra nova, the church of humanity, the brotherhoods attack on the school featuring the newer black tom, exidus, and that weird mammomax guy.

in addition to whatever x-men they have on the roster, they should have a costum mutant that you can create and the story is based around him/her joining the x-men and being a legend.

steverules
Thats not a bad idea. I think that you should be able to play in the danger room on line and have your team of x-men versus their team of x-men. Keep your ideas coming there good. big grin smile

willRules
Wow a custom X-man that would be cool. i would have a super strong X-man with guns and swords and healing......

steverules
Mine would be able to teleport out of danger, have cylcop's long range blasts and wolverine's claws,healing factor (only better) and fighting skill's cool

willRules
smokin'

X-Menfan87
Emma sucked in XML 1

steverules
So would you have it that Jeans dead and that Emma has the phoenix force? confused

Disappear
emma's body would be incinerated by the phoenix after any lengthy possession...

anyway, having the scarlet witch-centric plot mentioned above would be too similar to the supposed plot for XML2, and too dissimilar from HoM. i doubt it'd sell, and i doubt it'd make any comic fans happy.

and will, your custom character would be deadpool's perception of himself?

steverules
You have a good point who would you have as the villain?

Mainstream
Originally posted by steverules
You have a good point who would you have as the villain?

I'm guess Dark Phoenix, Mojo, the She-r, Hellfire Club, Phallanx...I'm hoping it's on PS3 and you can play as members of Xforce and Generation X...assuming they make a Xmen Legends 3.....maybe it'll be called Xmen legends 3: fury of the Dark Phoenix.

willRules
Originally posted by Disappear
emma's body would be incinerated by the phoenix after any lengthy possession...

anyway, having the scarlet witch-centric plot mentioned above would be too similar to the supposed plot for XML2, and too dissimilar from HoM. i doubt it'd sell, and i doubt it'd make any comic fans happy.

and will, your custom character would be deadpool's perception of himself?

1) I wasnt planning on making a plot that would appeal to comic book fans, it would appeal to me though stick out tongue

2) My custom character would be Nothing lik Deadpool apart from the powers. Plus Deadpool doesn't have superstrength.......

steverules
Your being abit selfish Will are you trying to be the most unpopular person on my forum or something? stick out tongue laughing out loud evil face roll eyes (sarcastic)

steverules
I like the idea of dark phoenix being the villain and I like the name it actually fit's in and sounds like a proper game.

willRules
Your being abit selfish Will are you trying to be the most unpopular person on my forum or something? stick out tongue laughing out loud evil face roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please explain to me as to how I was being selfish? I merely stated the plot that I felt would be cool, if others didn't think so, their problem. If you check underneath those posts you will find you commented on my plot and you thought it was ok............... stick out tongue

steverules
I said it was ok I'll admit but I didn't know you wanted scarlet witch just for your enjoyment I thought you meant everyone else. And don't you mean "that's their problem", face it not everyone wants scarlet witch Will and I don't think that if the creators made a third game they wouldn't just make it for you they would make it a game that everyone would enjoy...... rolling on floor laughing cool stick out tongue smokin'

willRules
I said it was ok I'll admit but I didn't know you wanted scarlet witch just for your enjoyment I thought you meant everyone else. And don't you mean "that's their problem",
face it not everyone wants scarlet witch Will and I don't think that if the creators made a third game they wouldn't just make it for you they would make it a game that everyone would enjoy...... rolling on floor laughing cool stick out tongue smokin'

Thats what I already said read the post again if you want.

I kinda guessed they wouldn't make the game just for me but thanks for pointin that one out, otherwise i couldn't have worked that one out for myself. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

steverules
Really?I didn't know that even though you said that "the plot would appeal to you" if that's not selfish I don't know what is? Will you may as well give up arguing I can read your mind like a book and I know how I can counter each of your arguments. stick out tongue cool roll eyes (sarcastic) smokin'

willRules
Please Steve.......do everyone on this forum a favor........buy some comics....X-men ones and read em then you might learn something about what we are talkin about, no?

careful how you insult me young man or I might be tempted to report you to the moderators. i have never ever reported anyone but you are pushing me...........

steverules
Make my day little girl..... stick out tongue rolling on floor laughing And just so we are clear I have more x-men comics than you so I think I know more than you....

willRules
You may know me Steve but You don't know my comics. I outstrip your petty comic book knowledge. Half the info you gain is from me! You know NOTHING MWAHAHAHAHA evil face laughing evil face

steverules
I know more than you little girl don't make me do something we'll both regret. And since when did I get my info from you if I know nothing that obviously means you know nothing if I get my info from you (which I don't). evil face rolling on floor laughing smokin' stick out tongue

willRules
Steve what Comic book knowledge have you ever brought to the table? I was cruising this site whilst you were still looking on Marvel.com or whatever sites you went on back then.

Steve you really should stop firing insults at people it makes you look childish...........

steverules
What a wonderful picture of you self Will is that before you got the sex change LOL..............

crimsonphoenix
you guys r nuts

steverules
You should see us at school. But any way now that Will has stopped trying to insult me let's get back to what we would like to see in xml3.

crimsonphoenix
i want them to do the hellfire club

willRules
I have stopped insulting you cos you are not worth the effort but I will advise anyone I speak to on these forums to not visit this thread....

crimsonphoenix
y would u do that to ur friend

steverules
you stopped insulting me because you knew you couldn't beat me in this argument it started out over something silly any way when I said you were selfish I meant it but I was also joking and don't tell people to not come on to my thread I mean you've insulted me loads in the past and you don't see me telling people not to come on to any of your threads. And why do you keep changing your sig?

steverules
Thanx for sticking up for me crimsonphoenix.

willRules
you stopped insulting me because you knew you couldn't beat me in this argument it started out over something silly any way when I said you were selfish I meant it but I was also joking and don't tell people to not come on to my thread I mean you've insulted me loads in the past and you don't see me telling people not to come on to any of your threads. And why do you keep changing your sig?

laughing

Im very......very....sorry. Can you please find it in your heart to forgive me steve. im also apologising to crimson Phoenix. Im sorry you had to see me and steve argue. Steve I was only joking about telling people not to go on your site, can you ever forgive me?

angel

willRules
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing

crimsonphoenix
are u guys always like this

willRules
And why do you keep changing your sig?

Because I cant decide which one I want to use. does this one look ok?

willRules
Originally posted by crimsonphoenix
are u guys always like this

Non stop. the thing is me and steve never atually really argue, we just take the mickey outta each other.

steverules
I forgive you Will I also am very sorry. Maybe instead of trying to take the mickey out of each other all the times we could just concentrate on being good friends. And crimson thankx again you are dare I say a good friend. rolling on floor laughing cool big grin smile Happy Dance smokin' laughing out loud angel

steverules
I am hoping you meant sorry, it's just the LOL,rollin and laughin smilies are makin me wonder.

steverules
Back to subject crimson who would you like to see in XML3?

willRules
shifty

Steve what do you think of my sig?

crimsonphoenix
Back to subject crimson who would you like to see in XML3?

hellfire club

steverules
I like it is it from one of the pages in ultimate x-men? Hellfire club sounds pretty good. big grin

willRules
I like it is it from one of the pages in ultimate x-men? Hellfire club sounds pretty good. big grin

What do you mean? my sig? its from Ultimate X-men 20 big grin

steverules
Yeah I know it's from ultimate x-men (and now I know what issue) but was it a page from the comic or was it a front cover?

willRules
It was the front cover. I was gonna use issue 12 which had a close up with one of Xaviers had a red X in it, but I prefer this one.........

steverules
Which avenger would you have as an unlockable in XML3?

willRules
If avengers were unlockable I would say either Vision or Cap, But Cap would have to be wearing his Ultimate costume with the balaclava and not the helmet one cos it is a cooler costume

willRules
How bout you steve?

steverules
Hard decision I'd have to go for .......maybe hawkeye and hulk (even if he ain't an avenger no more), hawkeye for long range and hulk for strength and vulnerability

willRules
I was thinking of Hawkeye at first. Firing his arrows would be really cool in a legends style game.............

steverules
What about hulk what do ya think about him? (If cap was unlockable he could do one long range which would be to throw his shield).

willRules
Don't forget that Cap can also bounce his shield off of walls, objects and other people, then back to his hand.....

A while ago I would have though it cool for Hulk to be in a game like that but with the release of his new game plus the numerous other games he has appeared in, my enthusiasm has died when it comes to the Hulk........

willRules
Have you read my recent posts in the legends 2 thread?

steverules
Is rogue in XML2 and is she part of the brotherhood of mutants? confused

willRules
Some people on this forum say they have seen screenshots of her. If she is playable then she is an X-man most likely cos she was an X-man in the first game...........

steverules
I wonder if we'll see iron man on the XML2 website as an unlockable. Are you able to use unlockables in the game?

JirK
scarlet witch has been added to the roster of XML2. now all we need is her brother, toad, pyro, avalanch, and exodus, and the brotherhood roster for the game will be awesome.

aslo, bring back jean grey, she was the best one in XML.

Arcane
Originally posted by JirK
scarlet witch has been added to the roster of XML2. now all we need is her brother, toad, pyro, avalanch, and exodus, and the brotherhood roster for the game will be awesome.

fistly they have sunfire so why would they need a loser who cant create fire???

Originally posted by JirK
aslo, bring back jean grey, she was the best one in XML.

yes she was, so tehy better bring her back

Originally posted by willRules
Well Scarlet Witch pays him to kill the X-men, but the Psychics "Change his mind" quite literally, get it? big grin

i heard that Deadpool CANT be controlled by telepaths, because of his really short attention span or some thing

steverules
I think there are certain telepaths wovie is able to block out smile

Paola
aw come on!!

willRules
Nope, Wolverine can build up a better resistance to most telepaths, however he is just holding off the inevitable control they have. Xavier can easily mind-control Logan and has done so on numerous occasions........

As for Deadpool, his healing is different to wolverine, his cells are in a constant state of fluctuation, mean his mind can't be read. This was established in Cable and Deadpool the burnt offering. However there was nothing mentioned about controlling his mind, just reading it......

supreme_being
IT SHOULD CENTRE AROUND THE PHOENIX.... its the only other plausable story in x-men...not mojo and some1 puts deadpool in there i swear ill kill em myself, DEADPOOL ISNT AN X-MAN(WELL NOT OFFICIALLY ANYWAY) stop putting him in there mad mad

willRules
Maybe, and this is just a wild guess here, people put Deadpool in this, because (and Im just spitballing here) HE IS A POPULAR CHARACTER

steverules
Hey Will if you can why don't you show dpool in his x-men costume. big grin

Arcane
As for Deadpool, his healing is different to wolverine, his cells are in a constant state of fluctuation, mean his mind can't be read. This was established in Cable and Deadpool the burnt offering. However there was nothing mentioned about controlling his mind, just reading it......

but if they cant read his mind, what hope do they have of controlling it???

steverules
That's what I want to know.

supreme_being
deadpool is gay get rid of him!

supreme_being
characters in X-men legends 3: Phoenix from the ashes
Xmen:
Cyclops
Wolverine
Rogue
Gambit
Storm
Jean grey(for a certain part of the game)
Colossus
Shadowcat(imagine her being a playable character)
Angel(as he joins the x-men at the end of XML2)
Bishop
Cable(bishop and cable will be involved with a time travel subplot)

Enemies:
Phoenix

Subplot enemies:
magneto
mystique
sabertooth
toad
pyro
blob
avanlanche
scarlet witch
quicksilver

The story consists of the x-men fighting the brotherhood at first when cable and bishop come back to tell the x-men of a very dark time... a time where the phoenix controls everything by creating or destroying anything she wants.
The x-men donnot believe cable and bishop so r forced to go to the future and see for themselves(this is where they first fight the phoenix)
After the x-men return they believe that jean will not turn into the phoenix for a number of years.. they go into a long battle with the brotherhood and as a result magneto uses all his powers to destroy the x-men when jean puts a forcefeild around them, by doiund this, she becomes very weak... the phoenix hears her cry and comes down to earth and inhabites jeans body, suddenly u get to play as the phoenix and u have to defeat the brotherhood, once u have defeat the brotherhood the phoenix goes head to head with magneto, u must beat magneto to be abled to continue...then once u defeat magneto the phoenix loses all control and goes on a killing masacre, now its up to the x-men to find away to beat THE PHOENIX!!!

willRules
Originally posted by Arcane
but if they cant read his mind, what hope do they have of controlling it???

I don't fully understand it myself. we know that Deadpool's mind can't be read but we also know Wolverines mind cant be read. We know that Wolverine can be mentally controlled, we don't know if Deadpool can but its a safe assumption.........

willRules
Hey Will if you can why don't you show dpool in his x-men costume. big grin

I have the issue where it happens but I don't have a scanner. I will try to search for it........

willRules
Here it is. Click on the pic below

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8379/cdp008b2by.th.jpg

supreme_being
i still dont like deadpool!

Marvelgeek
Here it is. Click on the pic below

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8379/cdp008b2by.th.jpg hysterical DP cracks me up. Actually looks cool though.

supreme_being
mad r u stil on deadpool? can we get off it already?

willRules
sorry but my friend asked for me to post this pic so I did.

willRules
Originally posted by Marvelgeek
hysterical DP cracks me up. Actually looks cool though.

yeah but he never uses it in any of the fight scenes which is a shame.........

steverules
What's wrong with dpool supremebeing, why don't you like him?

Marvelgeek
yeah but he never uses it in any of the fight scenes which is a shame......... I've heard DP has a yellow X-men suit in the latest Weapon X Days of future now.

supreme_being
i dont mean to be a pain in the ass but i just dont like him, he annoys me.. i wish they wud get rid of him.... for some people its storm in the x-men movies.. for me its deadpool, he seems cocky and arrogant to me and i didnt like any of the story lines with the x-men or cable!

willRules
Originally posted by Marvelgeek
I've heard DP has a yellow X-men suit in the latest Weapon X Days of future now.

cool.......... eek!

darth-yoda
i want x-men 3 to be marvel legends it would include alot of marvel characters and villians leave the story to stan da man lee

willRules
That would be good

Ieatbabies
X-men legends should be for X-men only.

And this time around lets include the legends of the X-men. Not Iron Man who isn't even an X-man to begin with, and not random stupid characters like Sunfire who is NOT a legend.

One character thaat needs in s Dazzler.

willRules
Longshot and Cannonball

Deadpool and Cable

willRules
I think Playable characters In a 3rd one should be:

Cyclops
Wolverine
Iceman
Storm
Marvel Girl (Rachel)
Emma Frost but better than XML 1
Nightcrawler
Rogue
Colossus
Mystique but better than XML 1

Unlock ables
Cable
Deadpool
Longshot
Havok
Quicksilver
Astral Plane version of Xavier from XML 1

Villains

Main villain : Scarlet Witch (uber powerful Disassembled version)

Magneto
Juggernaut
Dark Beast
Mojo
Spiral
The Marauders (Sabretooth, Grey Crow, Vertigo etc etc)
Sauron
the Sentinels
A lot of people may not like my version but i think its cool.....

forumcrew

wait ti play 2

Mainstream
the names Cable Apocalypse...remember it cable2 da da da dada!

supreme_being
MAN NO MORE DEADPOOL willrules he is sooooo annoying! i wanna see x-men legends only leave out the other movies none of them matter except X-MEN!!

Mainstream
Deadpool not so bad..but he's no Cable though.

steverules
dpool makes jokes all the time but if he's in XML2 do think they'll have him repeat his jokes or do u think it would be differant jokes each time?

willRules
Steve I get the feeling (I may be wrong) that supreme being doesnt like our deadpool talk...........

steverules
Really....?chair

Arcane
i think dp is great, altho i think xml2 wont do him any justice sad

willRules
I don't know i mean he is playable later in the game according to someone on his site who owns the strategy guide to the game

supreme_being
i h8 him i h8 him i h8 him i h8 him!

steverules
I think that supremebeing doesn't like him....I may be wrong though... laughing laughing out loud stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin smile

supreme_being
steve i loth deadpool! if i was an x-men character and i ever came into contact with deadpool id kill him... then id hunt any of his fans down and scare hem forever....hahaha im only kiddin

willRules
Originally posted by supreme_being
steve i loth deadpool! if i was an x-men character and i ever came into contact with deadpool id kill him... then id hunt any of his fans down and scare hem forever....hahaha im only kiddin

big grin thats a lot of fans

supreme_being
lol my character wud be telekinetic and have telepathic abilities aswell, i wud create images and faces in their minds ot scare them!

willRules
like Danielle moonstar?

supreme_being
who is that?
ohhn i no hu u mean yeah like that except scarier!

willRules
cool

supreme_being
lol

steverules
There we go the lighter, more enjoyable side of supreme being without mensioning he who must not be named.LOL

willRules
Hello steve post a comment on my Xavier thread please? big grin

supreme_being
lol steve im really relaxed just dp annoys me ALOT

steverules
Thats great

feralboy
i think xl3 should have better graphics xl2 pics are to cartoony for me

steverules
I think XML2 has cartoony graphics to give it that comic book effect.

feralboy
a virtual x-men game would be nice.and you could play online with other people

Ieatbabies
An X-men game fighter game with the graphics of...Final Fantasy 2 would be great.

Unfortanetly XML3 won't have that.

steverules
Thats what I said earlier, it would be really cool to see it online. big grin

supreme_being
maybe it will, like look nat the gta games and how the first two were diff from the 2nd too in terms of graphics maybe it myt change!

steverules
Has anyone else got anything to say?

supreme_being
no maybe this thing should be cloased, ppl r not interested! i mean x-men games r good but i think the next one should be about phoenix! i just got the comic phoenix end song and it was sooooooooo good, i was like ahhh that should be the next x-men game!

willRules
I liked Endsong, specially the bit where Sophie blew up it made me laugh..............

harrmat4
I just beat XML 2 and at the end mister sinister is still alive so there will be a new one with him as that villan im shure of it

steverules
The chances of endsong are very low, when have they ever made a comic book storyline into a game?

supreme_being
endsong was amazing i mean u cud be white queen as phoenix and all, esp it wud be cool if they had gr8 graphics like the matrix game did! obviously u wud have to add more of a story line than just endsong but it wud be gr8!

steverules
Would sinister be a good villain for a possible XML3?

willRules
The chances of endsong are very low, when have they ever made a comic book storyline into a game?

Well actually as far as I think of, every comic book game has similarities with comic story lines or the movie it is based upon. Eg.

X-men Next dimension = similar to any X-storyline where they wore the black leather costumes.
X-men Legends 2- similar to AOA
X-men gameboy advance game- also similar to AOA

and I will think of some more...probably............

willRules
Would sinister be a good villain for a possible XML3?

I think he would be a brilliant candidate although i kinda hoped it would be Dark phoenix.........

nice sig btw

steverules
Will the new game hasn't really got any similarities with aoa due to the fact that it was aalternate dimension. You could say it's like apocalypse the twelve but it's not. It's the same as every apocalypse story line which is "stop apocalypse from taking over the world".

willRules
Will the new game hasn't really got any similarities with aoa due to the fact that it was aalternate dimension. You could say it's like apocalypse the twelve but it's not.

actually the defining features of AOA (IMO) was that Xavier was dead and that Apocaylpse ruled America.......

It's the same as every apocalypse story line which is "stop apocalypse from taking over the world".

so you agree with me then? that all comic book games are base (no matter how loosely) on a comic counterpart..........

steverules
I guess so, but I've never seen a comic book made into a game have u?

willRules
Thats what i was just saying mad

im saying if you look at most or maybe all comic book games, you can see a specific comic book issue which the game may be based upon, they may be following it loosely or word for word.................

steverules
Name me one game that has done that.

steverules
Calm down Will, I think you may have been on the computer for maybe just abit to long (being ill and going on a computer is bad for you).

willRules
Name me one game that has done that.

Spider-man 1 for playstation 1
spider-man 2 for playstation 1

spider-man 1 for ps2
spider-man 2 for ps2

wolverine's revenge

Spider-man Mysterios revenge for game boy advance.

want any more?

steverules
THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COMICS THEY HAVE NO STORYLINE THAT IS NOWHERE NEAR ANY OF THE COMICS !!!!!!!!!!!! mad mad

willRules
Well admittedly no game will ever be completely the same BUT SOME OF THEM LOOSELY FOLLOW STORY-LINES!!! Pick up a comic one day and you might find that out!!

Spider-man 1 for ps1- similar to the master planner storyline
spidey 2 for ps1- similar to Astonishing Spider-man issue 69 (British Publication)

Spider-man1 fro ps2 (Movie game) - based upon amazing fantasy 15 and amazing spider-man issues 120-121

wolverines revenge based loosely upon the Logan files and Ultimate X-men return to weapon X (as in the installation is not abandoned)

Spider-man2 for ps2- based upon amazing spider-man issue 3 and issues 11-12 and every storyline which has spidey fighting crime.
Spider-man mysterios revenge for gameboy advance - based upon Amazing spider-man issue 13

and thats just some of the games, I could mention more........

steverules
That's okay Will I'm sorry we had our little disagreement earlier.

willRules
Its alright steven I forgive you

were cool dude were cool afro

steverules
afroLOL

Ieatbabies
XML2 doesn't exactly follow the AoA storyline but some things from that comic book are in the game.

steverules
Like what?

willRules
Like the platforms which surround America are in the game arent they?

supreme_being
IM BACK mwhahahahahaha! as u all know me as the hater of deadpool hahahaha;
whats this about spiderman now lads? what the chuff is goin on, this is xml3

steverules
IM BACK mwhahahahahaha! as u all know me as the hater of deadpool hahahaha;

Damn it. Here we go again with the "I hate dpool"and " dpool sucks" and "I don't care if dpool is indestructable and can't be killed I want him dead grrrrr".LOL laughing laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

supreme_being
lol thank u thank U *takes a bow*

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>