Bill Bailey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth-yoda
ok who here likes bill m a huge fan and two of my mates are ohh and i know of spoony but apart from that no 1 so express your love

and now some puppies will lick your face

§P0oONY
Bill Bailey sucks...

*cough*

no2

T.M

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by darth-yoda
ok who here likes bill

ME! wavey

He's Hilarious!

and should have been the new Dr.Who disgust

BENITO
Bill Bailey weird so of course I like him big grin

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
ME! wavey

He's Hilarious!

and should have been the new Dr.Who disgust

He would make the best Dr. Who of all time.

The man is awesome. I love his comments about the Argos catalogue and how awesome it is.

"You know why it's laminated don't you? To catch the tears of joy"

BENITO
Originally posted by Red Superfly
He would make the best Dr. Who of all time.

The man is awesome. I love his comments about the Argos catalogue and how awesome it is.

"You know why it's laminated don't you? To catch the tears of joy" I thought it was laminated to give people nastier paper cuts Happy Dance

Red Superfly
I've never recieved a paper cut from an Argos Catalogue. My Argos catalogue finds me precious. It would never harm me.

darth-yoda
tardis of toasters the narnina of house hold goods

Red Superfly
lol I've just noticed Spoonys sig - classic.

BENITO
tardis of toasters the narnina of house hold goods that would be cool but then you would have to be in a different Time zone to spread the Jam on it

darth-yoda
lmao

BENITO
lmao

It's not that funny

darth-yoda
it was really

BENITO
it was really really I thought it was pretty lame

darth-yoda
well i liked it

BENITO
well i liked it ok then Maybe you should follow me around and laugh at my jokes

darth-yoda
i will

BENITO
i will Cool we even live in the same nation

Alpha Centauri
He has some moments where I chuckle, beyond that I don't really find him funny.

I'm a more Bill Hicks, Doug Stanhope, Ricky Gervais type person.

-AC

darth-yoda
i like ricki gervais

§P0oONY
Ricky Gervais is genius with a lot of his material, I like him... He is very politically incorrect but at the same time very funny...

Gervais on man in a wheel chair: "The sex is crap but You can park right Next to Tesco's"

darth-yoda
but i dont think he can compete with bill bailey

tea and coffe making facilertes

§P0oONY
but i dont think he can compete with bill bailey

tea and coffe making facilertes
They are both very funny.... so is Dylan Moran.

But I do think Bill Bailey is a li'l bit better.

darth-yoda
i agree he is my fav comedian now to comedians we hate mine are peter kay end of list

§P0oONY
I think Peter Kay has some alright stand up, with his jokes about the rich tea's and all...

Phoenix Nights was pretty crap though IMO.

Alpha Centauri
Ricky Gervais is much better than Bill Bailey. He's much much smarter, so his material is lost on a lot of people.

Like Bill Hicks. Although no comedian will be as great as Hicks.

-AC

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Ricky Gervais is much better than Bill Bailey. He's much much smarter, so his material is lost on a lot of people.

Like Bill Hicks. Although no comedian will be as great as Hicks.

-AC

I have to agree with you there... about Gervais' material being smarter... but I do like the way that Bailey presents his material... Pretty user friendly (Well, you don't use it... but I'm guessing you catch the drift.... not literally catch the drift...... I think I'm digging a deeper hole.)

Alpha Centauri
Yeah I'm not having a pop at Bailey. That's his approach and that's fine.

Then again, I could go on a stage and make people laugh by saying stuff I know that they'd all relate to. Where would be the point? I PERSONALLY see none.

Bill Hicks, Stewart Lee, Doug Stanhope and the like, all use comedy that's intelligent, controversial and for those who "get" it (because you do have to be smart, let's not kid ourselves) extremely funny beyond any other comedians.

-AC

darth-yoda
bill bailey is very smart IMO i laugh at peter kay but when i look back at it most of it wasnt funny

Alpha Centauri
Well smart isn't defined by opinion. It's provable.

I'm not saying Bill Bailey is dumb, I'm saying he's not as smart with comedy as those I mentioned.

I could come out and say "Hahaha yeah, isn't it funny when...." and use some well known cliche that isn't ACTUALLY funny, just familiar.

Bill Hicks can come out and talk about extremely serious, important and complexed issues without losing his crowd. Because he mixes it with basic humour, sure. There's just more philosophy and philosophical comedy there.

-AC

§P0oONY
Bill Hicks is pretty legendary.

mysterio69
bill bailey is axl rose's real name. g n' r rules!!!

Alpha Centauri

darth-yoda
is that true

Alpha Centauri
In my opinion, yes. I believe it only takes listening to the man's material to know this though.

-AC

darth-yoda
iv never even heard of him im 15

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
In my opinion, yes. I believe it only takes listening to the man's material to know this though.

-AC

The should thing is that his material doesn't really age... it is as relevant then as it is now.

Alpha Centauri
Well I dunno how much of it you'd get. Not to be ageist or anything.

You sort of have to be interested in certain things and have a certain degree of knowledge to understand. By all means give it a listen though.

-AC

darth-yoda
for my age i understand a lot im very cultured to say the least i have a large understanding off religious aspects and philosiphy (speeling im wise but i ant spell)

Alpha Centauri
Well it can't hurt to listen.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.