The Ultimate Weapon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
After watching AOTC, it reveals that the Death Star plans have been made. Dooku recieves them from Poggle so that they stay hidden and are not destroyed.

My theory is that Dooku gives his master the plans, and that they begin the construction for it sometime between AOTC and Episode III.

The weird thing is that Tarkin had something to do with the plans. Then it turns out that the Geonasians came up with it first. Do you think that GL has decided that the Geos will help construct it?

LaurenE147
I was wondering about that. It is on the offical site (which I know isn't completely canon) that Tarkin thought it up himself in a special lab with a team of scientists and his mistress.

The continuity thing is starting to get on my nerves.

LanceWindu
Maybe that is what is thought of by people of the Republic archives, but in reality they stole the plans.

Captain REX
Or maybe GL doesn't like his old movies and is going to redo them completely and have Geonasians working on the Death Star with Tarkin. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jedi fernando

finti
Plans are one thing to make it work is something different, Isnt Tarking credited for constructing the Death Star.
Funny thing though is in ANH when Vader adresses another man as the constructor of the Death Star.
"Dont be to proud of this techonlogical terror you have constructed, it is insignificant compared to the force"

Ushgarak
No, Tarkin is never credited as its builder, and I very much doubt Vader was talking specifically to that man; he meant 'you' in general.

Mujaffa
ultimate and ultimate... it took just two proton torpedoes to destroy it

Corran
And dont forget some good old Force Energy too!!!

"..use the force Luke"

Mujaffa
the force is strong with this one

finti
Well I just refere to the SW com databank, he is not really credited for constructing it and it is kind off a EU thing but anyways" Grand Moff Tarkin was the Imperial governor of the Outland Regions, and the mastermind of the Death Star project"
You always need someone who is able to make plans come alive, and I agree with you that Vader probably adressed the whole assambly in that room. But in my opinion those where the constructors of DS.

Gundark
Maybe. But Poggle said "if they find out what WE plan to build..." so was he referring to just the Geonosians or was he including Dooku/Palpatine/all the bad guys in general ?

LanceWindu
But the plans were taken away, maybe the baddies just steal them and kill the Geonosians

Gundark
Well that would be typical of Sidious for sure.

Jedi Mercenary
Speaking of GL disregarding the OT, in ESB, Ben said that Yoda trained him, not that Jinn son-of-a-*****.

LanceWindu
Yoda did train him. Just see how he teaches the Bearclan????

Jedi Mercenary
Eh, you're probably right.

Captain REX
Jinn is no son-of-a-*****. He's one of the coolest Jedi next to Yoda.

Well, the backstabbing part would be likely. He did that to the Trade Federation.

yerssot
who? QGJ?

LanceWindu
Qui-Gon backstabing the TF?

Mujaffa
stabbing a door... on the TF-ship

Ushgarak
Rather literal there... I suspect Rex means the Sith will backstab the Geonosians.

GL very specifically had Obi-Wan mention Yoda at the very start of TPM as having aught him before to maintain continuity with ESB.

Mujaffa
the Sith will always backstab people who work for them... didn't they allmost destroy each other??? and only Palpy was standing...watching.. waiting

yerssot
and that's EU

Mujaffa
sorry

yerssot
accepted... for the time being...

Ushgarak
The Sith backstabbing each other? NOT EU. A George Lucas quote.

yerssot
the destroyed eachother part was EU in the '80, I'm not sure 'bout the novel of TPM

Ushgarak
The destroying each other part is also from the same GL quote and is not EU, even though any plot details from those 80's stories are.

It is canon that the Sith were once more prolific, but that they continually betrayed each other and in the end could only survive by there only being two left.

yerssot
k

Bespin Bart
What if those two backstab each other?

And Sith Lords still backstab each other in OT. Vader throughs Palpy into the shaft. big grin

Ushgarak
Not acting in his capacity as a Sith Lord at that point, of course. But he still wold have done anyway.

Gundark
I don't think anybody, Jedi or Sith, is going to backstab the Sidious without him knowing its coming.

Captain REX
But Vader does it nonetheless. Yes, Vader probably would have done it anyway, especially because wanted "to be the most powerful Jedi ever!"

yerssot
indeedy, if Sidious saw everything (future-wise) then Vader couldn't kill him

finti
"always in motion the future is"

yerssot
"Everything is going as I have forseen"

Mujaffa
"You will take your fathers place besides me"

Gundark
But remember in the novel, Luke had a third thought....kill them both.

- And then another thought emerged, slowly compulsive as an ardent lover; he could destroy the Emporer, too. Destroy them both, and rule the galaxy. Avenge and conquer.

It was a profoud moment for Luke. Dizzying. Yet he did not swoon. Nor did he recoil.

He took one step forward.

For the first time, the thought entered Vader's consciousness that his son might best him. He was astounded by the strength Luke had acquired since their last duel, in the Cloud City -

Well you all know the rest...and I know its not canon, but just imagine !!!

yerssot
the novel IS canon, just not as big as the movies

finti
Only the movies are canon

yerssot
movies are more canon then radio drama who are more canon then novel, but novels ARE canon

Captain REX
I wonder if the Geonasians are destroyed by the Empire. Most likely.

finti
Movies are the only thing canon, if the novels were to be canon then Obi wan and Owen Lars are brothers which they aint

Ushgarak
Novels are semi-canon, which is to say they are right unless the movies contradict them.

finti
as they have with Owen Lars

Gundark
Apparently, yes.

yerssot
Like said, the movie contradicted that part of the novel!

Ushgarak
I know!!!

yerssot
that was aimed at finti

Bespin Bart
I take it Finti doesn't like EU. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gundark
No. Not in either form.

finti
which again will say that the only thing canon is the movies wink

BB I really gave EU a chance I read all the books up to the Black Fleet Crisis trilogy. Then the bookstore I used were unable to deliver Shield Of Lies. Anywys the books were kind of similare, always in deep trouble against a very mighty opponent and Luke came out as a "havent really got a clue wuss kind off a Jedi" So after 14 books I packed it in and really wasnt that bothered that I didnt purchase the BFC trilogy and new rebellion, even if they looked the most promiseing ones, maybe I go for them in the fall, maybe.

Bespin Bart
That's nice. But it doesn't mean you have to hate all EU.

yerssot
I think the big problem is that it doesn't feel very SW-ish

Bespin Bart
Depends.

Gundark
I thought Shadows of the Empire was good.

Captain REX
It is. I've played the video game too. Kinda boring though. It look cool on Gamecube.

jedi fernando
jedi outcast is comming for gamecube, im really looking forward for it, and bounty hunter

finti
Well either you like EU or you dont, it is no in between

Emperor Helmet
Can we get back on topic? EU has nothing to do with the films. When are people going to finally understand this?

General Kaliero
Helmet's right. Back to the "ultimate weapon."
Here's an interesting twist:
Dooku is Palpy's apprentice. But he's also the leader of the "Rebellion." So here's what I think: The Rebellion is all Palpy's plan (duh! roll eyes (sarcastic) ) to gain special powers that allow him to create an army for the Republic (which he does). He then uses the army to force the Republic into his submission, making him Emperor. The Death Star is an extention of the army, which eventually becomes the Imperial Navy. Palpy plans to destroy the Rebellion, after he becomes Emperor, using the Death star on their bases. Palpy entrusted the plans to Dooku, who he could trust.
Only problem is, he couldn't trust Dooku, who "accidentally" let the plans slip into Rebel hands, planning to kill Palpy and take over. But then Dooku gets killed, ahd the plans find their way to Leia. We all know the rest.

Captain REX
Or Kyle Katarn got them a few 20 years later and returned with them and gave them to the Rebel Alliance.

General Kaliero
THAT'S EU!!! EU IS NOT RELEVANT TO MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!

Captain REX
Your theory isn't relevant either, but who cares. Don't be such an itnif! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Fair point from Rex, I feel...

finti
Oh really well that Kyle crap is totally bullshit though

Ushgarak
Certainly is, but no more so than that theory which ignores the fact that the Rebels got the plans after a BATTLE many years after Dooku's almost certain death...

General Kaliero
Itnif? confused

finti
Yep Ush is right and GK itnif is Tex invention and Rex being a copycat trying to be funny. It spells my name backwards, hmm bacwards is almost like were Rex lives only that would be backwoods.

General Kaliero
Ah... Tex and REX need serious help.

finti
they are beyond any help

General Kaliero
About 3,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,
0 miles beyond help. big grin

Captain REX
Okay, Mr. Arnian and Viking man. roll eyes (sarcastic)

*coughcoughidiotscoughcough*

LaurenE147
You know the loser cough went out a looooong time ago.

Captain REX
My friends here still think it's funny...actually, only the goofball one that gets on my nerves occasionally but he's my best friend anyway.

General Kaliero
Hey, same way with me! eek! Might I know you? *Suspicious*

Captain REX
Not if you live on Arnia. laughing out loud

General Kaliero
How do I know you DON'T? Quick, what color is your skin?!?!

joecool1912
is this sidious? if so, they did this same thing in the movie angel heart. robert deniro was louis cifer

eleveninches
I think the rebellion is not the remnants of the republic, but the rebel alliance is the remnants of the confederacy led by dooku, and the empire is officially the remnants of the republic. Maybe the jedi discover the truth of the corruption in the senate and join the confederacy, so palpatine has anakin track them down and destroy them.
Anakin follows palpatine nnot just because he is falling to the dark side, but because he feels the jedi betrayed the republic and he is more loyal to the republic (in palpatine) than he is to the jedi.
This is why he ends up thinking of the rebel allience and jedi as traitors.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.