Indiana Jones vs Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
who will win this one ?

a classic....

Indiana "Harrison Ford" Jones

vs.

Daredevil

roughrider
Not really. Indy is resorceful and super-tough, but this isn't a bunch of dumb Nazis and he'll be taken aback by DD's agility. Even the pulling-the-gun-on-the-super-skilled-guy won't work; DD had dodged a shotgun blast from four metres away and clocked the gunman. Indy gets worked over here - but he'll call in Willie for a "special massage" of his injuries.

Metalmanx
I dunno. Indy has been shown to be quite agile, surprisingly so. Not as agile as DD, mind you, but a pretty decent amount. Enough to not be caught completely off guard I think.

And like you said, Indy is so resourceful, it's not even funny. I think he would deduce in mere seconds into the fight that DD is blind. Which would then give Indy all sorts of new ideas to utilize against him.

I dunno who would win. I'm just saying though...I don't think it's as black and white as you may think.

I mean, Indy did take on the entire Nazi army.

Twice.

Sentry
Poor Indy...

Daredevil wins.

roughrider
Maybe if he pulls DD into a dirty, punisher-style brawl, he can do it. But I don't think so.

jplatinum
this just wrong.

JirK
indiana jones could beat anyone.

Orestes
I like Indy. I LOVE Indy. But unless he's getting buffed to comic-book levels for this fight, or unless the whole thing takes place against a "treasure hunt" backdrop and involves far more than just throwing down ... he really has not a chance in hell.

jplatinum
Indy gets beat worse than a toddler in the ring with mike tyson.

black robb
Originally posted by jplatinum
Indy gets beat worse than a toddler in the ring with mike tyson. well said duke

Orestes
Originally posted by jplatinum
Indy gets beat worse than a toddler in the ring with mike tyson.

Wait, who's the toddler? Mike's kinda punk these days ... wink

Nightstick
As much as some might disagree I believe Indy wins. Though it is fair to say I have been called an Indy fanboy before. In terms of fighting skill Indiana is obviously bellow Daredevil, however if both combatents begin the match with their normal gear, then he does at least in the begining have a serius fire power advantage. Considering that he carries not only the wip, but at times up three guns. A Webley .455, a Smith and Western .38, and a Colt .45. Both the Webley and the Colt have series knock down power and the Webley is considered to be a very accurate revolver. On the other hand DD carries a stick. Even with that in mind it is probably unlikly that Indy wil hit DD. Though Jones has shown incredible reaction time. In the begining of Raiders a man had a pistol pointed at the back of his head and before the man could pull the trigger Indy managed to pull his whip and knock the gun out of his hand. Also in Raiders during the shoot out in Marrion's bar Indy alternates between the .45 and .38 with little more then seconds in between.

As I mentioned above his fighting skills are below that of DD in a sense. He has however shown himself to be an able H2H combatent not as agile or disicplined as DD, but let not forgot that he did beat up a temple of Thuggee cultist who were themselves martial artists. He also took out several members of the Order of the Cruciformed Sword who had trained their whole life to fight in order to protect the Grail.

And on to the biggest advantage Indy has toughness. As some one else put it he is super tough. In Raiders he is beat, bludgeoned, shot( By a gun that will latter in the trilogy show the power to kill three regular men ), dragged under a speeding truck, and a day latter submerges with a submarine while he is on the outside. In Temple he he is burned, strnagled, beat etc and walks away with more less not a mark on him. Even moments after he is burned he bares no indication od it, In Crusade he is again drug behind moving vehicles, has his hands bludgeoned by a shovul etc, etc, and the big one he falls off a freaking cliff which destroys the tank he was on. Yes I realise its tempting to say he jumped off the tank however we see the fall from begining to end, and he did not jump off before the fall or he simply would have been standing there with the rest of them. So the best explanation is that he was holding on somewhere bracing for impact, given that he had just been dragged through the sand and the natural color of the clothes he wears he could have easily blended into the tank fairly well.

Then as other of pointed their is his intelligence and resourcefullness, he had war declared on him by Germany, which took over half the world, but who won Germany vs Indy? Indy. The man disabled a tank with a rock and a horse. Some what in this catagory is personality. Which can of course be ignored if DD fans fall back on the "blood lust" clause, but personaly I would prefer to debate Indy vs DD. Not some phsycho with Indy's abilities vs some phsyco with DD abilities. Which is all you get with blood lust turned on. That being said Indy is far more willing to kill and maim. And considering the toughness of Indy it is questionable weather DD would be willing to do as much damage as is needed to keep Indy down ( probably damn near if not killing him ), even if he could. Indy's constant nonchalant and indifferent attitude may also effect DD ability to accuratly gage what he is going to do.

For what little it is worth Indy is hellishly lucky, to the point where some one in Marvel would probably suspect he could alter probability fields

This is all from the movies, I am going to attempt to track down more information from the books and series.

Oh yeah one last thing Indy is a chosen warrior of God. smile

Orestes
Uh ... he doesn't ride the tank clear down to the bottom, if that's what you mean. No, he doesn't jump off BEFORE it goes over the cliff ... but AFTER. That's why he was climbing back up those vines when they all thought he'd taken the plunge.

And um ... no, I grant you, he's tough ... but it's not like DD hasn't been smacked around equally badly from time to time. I certainly wouldn't rate Indy as more than peak human in toughness ... if even peak. And I've seen all three movies and am definitely a fan, yes.

His fighting abilites ... uh, yeah, he beats up thuggees. He also nearly gets his butt handed to him by that one big one ... and earlier, in Raiders, against that BIG fighter ... he just gets pounded repeatedly and ends up being saved by his girlfriend.

He's bad, don't get me wrong ... and if it's a contest to see who can find some lost artifact first, he's got the edge, as that's his specialty. But there's no way he's beating DD in a straight fight barring divine intervention or incredible blind luck.

house
this is the stupid dd wipes the floor with the 70 year old geezer

Nightstick
Originally posted by Orestes
Uh ... he doesn't ride the tank clear down to the bottom, if that's what you mean. No, he doesn't jump off BEFORE it goes over the cliff ... but AFTER. That's why he was climbing back up those vines when they all thought he'd taken the plunge.

While at first glance thats seems to be the case go back and watch the scene again. We see the tank leave the edge of the cliff its own velocity propelling it a decent distance and then plummet towards the ground all in one shot at no time do we see Indy jump from the tank. The shot doesn't change drasticly until moments from impact a significant distance at least in human jumping terms from the cliff wall. So really we are left with 2 options one Indy can turn invisible and/or jump far enough to make his use of the whip pointless or he crashed with the tank displaying a level of physical endurance already strongly suggested by past events.

I guess its possible that I missed something here if you saw him jump then tell me when or if you can find where he fit it in between camera angles.

His fighting abilites ... uh, yeah, he beats up thuggees. He also nearly gets his butt handed to him by that one big one ... and earlier, in Raiders, against that BIG fighter ... he just gets pounded repeatedly and ends up being saved by his girlfriend.

Not to be an ass, but what does DD do beat up some hand ninjas and street punks and from time to time get tossed around like a rag doll by some big guy. On the subject of the German guy he seemed pretty tough considering we have seen Indy knock down two guys with a single punch and the German took repeated blows to the head from him. It also appeared that besides being large and tough said German was also a trained fighter as was the Thuggee obviously.

But there's no way he's beating DD in a straight fight barring divine intervention or incredible blind luck.

Lets be honest both are good possibilities when it comes to Indy.

Jargon343
Originally posted by house

Indie is 70 years old? Why? Just because Harrison Ford is?

In that case, Daredevil was created in 1964. Assume DD was imagined as being 30 years old when he was created, he is now 71 smile

This is a pretty strange matchup though. I think indie would win because he'd have that little asian kid yabber on and on to DD until he killed himself.

Nightstick
Originally posted by house

Indy if he were still alive today would be more like a 106, but I some how doubt that was the intention of the thread creator. If we judged debates in this manner then characters that were currently dead would always lose.

jplatinum
Stop it alreadly, we know how this movie ends.

"Sigh"

"Indiana jones was killed yesterday, apparently by a man in a red leather suit."

Orestes
He might have used his whip in conjunction with a jump to stop his fall -- that would be consistent with the skills and tendencies he's displayed in the past. It would be a high feat, even for Indy, but it's not beyond belief that he could have pulled it off.

All I need to tell me he didn't hit bottom still on the tank is common sense. He's Indiana Jones -- a non-superpowered human being -- not The Thing. The movie sort of assumes that the viewer is able to make that distinction. That's why there's a moment of dramatic tension before it's revealed that he didn't actually take the plunge. wink

I'm not saying the guy wasn't tough, but there's tough and then there's TOUGH. The German was tough for a human -- maybe even peak-human tough. Daredevil, like many of the top-end elite comic martial artists, takes on low-level METAhumans. There's a big difference between what's "tough" to an elite comic-book MA and what's "tough" to Indiana Jones.

I'm not disrespecting Indy in general, and I'll say right now that I think he's SMARTER than Matt. But this isn't about who's smarter or a better treasure hunter; it's about who's able to win a straight fight. And I just don't see how Indy could possibly win. He's good ... REALLY good. But he's not THAT good.

Jargon343
Killed by a man wearing a skin tight, flamboyantly colored leather jumpsuit. How embarrassing.

But if they were fighting in the desert, Indie would win. DDs leather suit would overheat in seconds and he'd collapse of heatstroke.

roughrider
Brody: What happened to you?
Indy: I just got beat by The Gimp! laughing

olympian
This thread its such a herasy.

Indiana Jones own your soul. Mega wip to the win!

Enslaved
Daredevil hands down

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.