Which Characters Are the Most Often Under-Written?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
In terms of power/ability:

My vote goes to Green Lantern

In terms of character/personality:

My vote goes to Cyclops

In terms of skill:

My vote goes to either Thor or Wonder Woman.

pr1983
I agree on the first two counts...

but wonder woman? ive seen her kick major booty, thor too... what do you think they should be capable of?

Draco69
What a thousand years of training and skill should produce. And for some odd reason the Thing always defeats Thor in hand to hand combat. And Batman always seems to get the better of Diana in martial arts.

When it makes no sense since they're trained for far longer and have much more experience.

pr1983
Well batman is... well he's batman... stick out tongue so i dunno... but i mean, when she fought the 'under the influence superman' she did outthink him...

but yeah, i know what you mean... thor should really win easily...

Creshosk
What do you mean by personality?

HigH ScholaR
superskrull and terrax oh yer and quasar all in terms of power

Draco69
Originally posted by Creshosk
What do you mean by personality?

Having a solid base for a personality but never really expanding on it. Like Cyclops until Morrison made him much more interesting.

8bitChris
Spiderman

pr1983
Originally posted by Draco69
Having a solid base for a personality but never really expanding on it. Like Cyclops until Morrison made him much more interesting.

I think the base was there, you just had to dig deep to find it... erm

Draco69
Originally posted by pr1983
I think the base was there, you just had to dig deep to find it... erm

Sure. But Morrison did it for us. Cyclops in the eyes of most comic readers went from a bland character to being a very human, very easy to relate to superhero.

I find Cyclops nowadays to be much easier to relate to than Spiderman even.

Creshosk
Originally posted by pr1983
I think the base was there, you just had to dig deep to find it... erm I agree with this.

You can see a characters personality whenever they interact with another character. You can see what they think when they think and what they say.

PR reminds me quite a bit of cyclops. *shrugs* and you can't tell me PR doesn't have any personality.

pr1983
Sure. But Morrison did it for us. Cyclops in the eyes of most comic readers went from a bland character to being a very human, very easy to relate to superhero.

I find Cyclops nowadays to be much easier to relate to than Spiderman even.

He did help theres no doubt about it...

Originally posted by Creshosk
I agree with this.

You can see a characters personality whenever they interact with another character. You can see what they think when they think and what they say.

PR reminds me quite a bit of cyclops. *shrugs* and you can't tell me PR doesn't have any personality.

Thx... i think...

Tha C-Master
Flash
Cyclops
Wolverine

Draco69
Wolverine DEFINITELY in skill. For a guy that has suppposedly mastered numerous martial arts, he NEVER displays.

He slashes. He gets hurt. He heals. He slashes....

Tha C-Master
Wolverine DEFINITELY in skill. For a guy that has suppposedly mastered numerous martial arts, he NEVER displays.

He slashes. He gets hurt. He heals. He slashes.... Which is why he is overrated, and not a good character.

His best fights are when getting shot mattered.

When he didn't have his claws out.

Which is why when people bring the "best there is" into arguments, I want to hurl.

ScarletSpider
Moon Knight in recent years. He got the crap kicked out of him in the Marvel Knight series, and it was nice to see him recently in Marvel Team-Up, but it wasn't a really impressive display. Marc Spector got bored with proffessional boxing--at the age 18. He then enlisted in the Marines for 8 years and became a mercenary when that wasn't enough. During that interim he mastered savate and many other fighting skills, he also survived some of the heediest military actions in the modern world. He's an adrenaline and fight junky. He's Tyler Durden. With his training and prowess, when Marc Spector hits you, it hurts, it shatters bone, it turns. He was a CIA liason and stock market master. He's not just some bruiser, he can make a fortune in months, and tap your phone with five spare seconds in his schedule. I don't want him to be infallible, I don't want him to be Batman, but he's been incompetent lately.

Next Venom_girl
Wolfsbane. Here's a gal who could go toe to toe with Sabertooth yet remains a background character while Wolverine is in like 6 different titles.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Moon Knight in recent years. He got the crap kicked out of him in the Marvel Knight series, and it was nice to see him recently in Marvel Team-Up, but it wasn't a really impressive display. Marc Spector got bored with proffessional boxing--at the age 18. He then enlisted in the Marines for 8 years and became a mercenary when that wasn't enough. During that interim he mastered savate and many other fighting skills, he also survived some of the heediest military actions in the modern world. He's an adrenaline and fight junky. He's Tyler Durden. With his training and prowess, when Marc Spector hits you, it hurts, it shatters bone, it turns. He was a CIA liason and stock market master. He's not just some bruiser, he can make a fortune in months, and tap your phone with five spare seconds in his schedule. I don't want him to be infallible, I don't want him to be Batman, but he's been incompetent lately.

nice post smile

willRules
Xavier. Come on writers this is one of if not the world's most powerful telepaths. Jean was only more powerful with the phoenix force. AOA showed us what it would be like if not for him. He thrashed Magneto once. He even sorta held his own in the ultimate universe against Phoenix. He is responsible for the X-men for cryin out loud. The role of the X-men is to make Xaviers dream a reality.

I love this argument between Xavier and magneto in the ruins of a concentration camp. Maggs gets told by Charley here...........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.