The Internet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dudester
I just started reading up on this client that my company started to work with named Netsmartz, an interactive educational workshop to keep kids safer online, and it made me start thinking how scary of a place the internet really is out there -- you really have no idea who you are talking to. Do any of you set standards as to how far you would let a conversation go or would you meet someone outside of the forum? Just curious as to how trusting you are of other people

CherryTopper
the internet sucks stoopid bill gates

darth-yoda
i would never meet anyone out side of msn or a forum unless they were mates a mate of mates and then i would only go with a mate or if id seen them on cam and got to know them really really really well

Alpha Centauri
The internet isn't half as scary as people make it out to be.

I've met people I know on the net. Today, young adults and teens are becoming smarter and realising that through webcam and such, is much easier to know who you're talking to but that's besides the point.

If I don't wanna talk to someone or someone's creeping me out, I block them. I've had a serious internet stalker before, it was a pretty freaky experience but that would have been the same with or without the net. If you're smart enough to keep personal info to yourself, you'll be fine. I know loads of people on the net that I trust.

You could walk past a murderer on the street and not know it.

-AC

CherryTopper
bill gates is still stoopid

Alpha Centauri
He spells "stoopid" with a u and not two o's.

-AC

DarkC
I'd trust quite a lot of people from KMC, actually.

Alpha Centauri
I trust one, I like quite a few though.

-AC

mysterio69
i tell everyone everthing! just ask!

Fianna
Originally posted by CherryTopper
bill gates is still stoopid A classic case of the pot calling the kettle black..happy

silver_tears

you are an idiot yes

I would definitely meet people from KMC, I trust many, and since I've known some for anywhere between a year and going on three, then I'm pretty confident they are who they say they are.

DarkC
Hypocrite...

Dudester
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
The internet isn't half as scary as people make it out to be.

I've met people I know on the net. Today, young adults and teens are becoming smarter and realising that through webcam and such, is much easier to know who you're talking to but that's besides the point.

If I don't wanna talk to someone or someone's creeping me out, I block them. I've had a serious internet stalker before, it was a pretty freaky experience but that would have been the same with or without the net. If you're smart enough to keep personal info to yourself, you'll be fine. I know loads of people on the net that I trust.

You could walk past a murderer on the street and not know it.

-AC

I personally think it is a scary place for young kids who do not know that much about the internet because of lack of knowledge -- parents need to teach them or they could end up meeting someone they thought was their age

What was your freaky story? Did you report the person? Only share if you feel comfortable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.