TPM Qui-Gon and TPM Obi-Wan vs. AOTC Obi-Wan and AOTC Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vaapad_Master
In your opinion, who is the better master-apprentice team?

Tangible God
Are you sure you're a Vaapaad master? I've seen you in action............................(f*ckin saber techniques, ruined sense of......)

But I think that the guy who defeated Maul, with 10 years extra experience along with Crazy Eyes, could take out the guy who was DEFEATED BY Maul and his padawan who lacked the 10 years mentioned above.

Deus Ex
The TPM crew. Together, they showed a cohesion that Anakin and Obi-Wan didn't have until ROTS. And during the battle with Maul, they did some nice moves (Such as Qui-Gon flinching and Obi-wan immediately followin up with a flip slash) and their aggression would work better against the AOTC crew than it did against Maul.

Meanwhile, AOTC Anakin still has a long way to go on teamwork. He's still pretty good with a saber, but Obi-Wan as of TPM was quite fierce, and Qui-Gon could keep pace. AOTC Obi-Wan is good, and perhaps could take any one of the TM crew by himself, but it would take time. Obi's Soresu style doesn't press any advantage, and while he would know more than his TPM self, that doesn't neccessarily mean he will overcome himself in a short amount of time (Unless he is -really- introspective and wise).

So really, we have to look at this on a team level: I personally think the TPM team has a better advantage. They have worked together longer, have displayed better teamwork, they compliment each other well, and together they have more experience than the AOTC team, though it won't be a cakewalk either way.

Darth Avis
wow that was good

Darth_Glentract
I pretty much agree with Janus, except I think he is putting AOTC Obi-wan to high. Seemed to me that he wasn't much better by AOTC than he was in TMP. Better, but not by much. TMP Obi-wan could easily hold him off for several minutes, long after Qui-gon had killed Anakin. I am biased towards Qui-gon, but I try to keep it in check. Seriously though, he would take Anakin down in less than half a minute.

Deus Ex
Well, Obi-Wan as of AOTC had totally revamped his style and had been training for ten years. He showed considerable prowess on Ansion shortly before AOTC, so he was a very capable jedi knight. To say he's barely changed in ten years is a bit much.

Captain REX
What's TMP? The Menace Phantom? stick out tongue

I would put my money on Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan. Like Janus said, they had great teamwork, whereas Obi-Wan/Anakin did not yet have that. Obi-Wan or Anakin would still have trouble beating TPM Ben, but the duo of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan would be pretty damned hard for them to beat.

Darth_Glentract
Anison? What is that from? I've never heard of it(I'm not doubting you or anything).

Obi-wan must have spent a lot of time on Anakin. In Rouge Planet he spent fifteen hours a day looking for Anakin(maybe not fifteen, but you get my point). He also was learning form three, but look at how long it took him to learn form four. It's about the same time as from TMP to AOTC.

Deus Ex
Ansion is depicted in The Approaching Storm, by our favorite Allan Dean Foster. It's the pre-AOTC novel, as The Cloak of Deception is the pre-TPM novel.

Captain REX
And even if you hadn't read that, Ansion is mentioned in AOTC.

MACE: They've just returned from a border dispute on Ansion.

Or something close.

Deus Ex
Yep.

Darth_Glentract
Ohhh. I rmeember that now. I haven't seen AOTC in a while and thought that planet they were coming from was Anosk. I'm not even sure if Anosk is a real planet anymore. Dang, I'm losing my touch. Damn school....

Deus Ex
School warps the mind. It leads to thought patterns that some consider... unnatural.

Darth_Glentract
Holy Crap! They are of the darkside.

I just thought of something. What could be more cool than Yoda coming to school and pwning all the tearchers. Except for....No wait...All of them.

Fishy
Marka Ragnos doing it?

overlord
So Qui-Gon against the expierenced Obi Wan..
And padawan Obi Wan against padawan Anakin Skywalker..

Anakin comes running in and padawan obi wan uses force lightning to let anakin explode, then Qui gon and padawn use super intelligent teamwork to kill jedi master Kenobi!!! Damn, I'm good...

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Fishy
Marka Ragnos doing it?

Silly Fishy, Trix are for kids.

Wow. I don't know where that came from. I also don't think Marka is going to pwn Darksiders stick out tongue

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Silly Fishy, Trix are for kids.

Wow. I don't know where that came from. I also don't think Marka is going to pwn Darksiders stick out tongue

Maybe, Maybe not.. If he thinks they are a threat he might... But still Marka Ragnos slaughtering people would probably be really cool to see.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.