Light and Dark: Balance of the Force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Faunus
This battle is my first in a while, and I wanted to continue this trend of 'specially categorzied' duels, such as the 'Risk'.

Anyway, this battle consists of two teams of three. It takes place during ROTS, in an alternate storyline. Here it is:

In their final duel on Coruscant, Ventress managed to wound Anakin, and taking the advantage, hurled him from the kilometer high tower, and thus trhowing Lord Sidious' plans into disarray. Upon returning to Dooku and his cyborg apprentice, Grievous, she had been surprised to meet the secret puppet-master of the galaxy. In a rage, the would-be Emperor blasted her with Sith lightning. As the energy pulsated through her, Dooku's cold mask broke, and in an act of unsurpassed defiance, struck his master down, thus saving the girl who he had come to regard as something other than just an apprentice. She had become something. . . more.

But he hadn't accounted for the consequences of his actions. With the disappearance of the Supreme Chancellor, as well as the 'Hero with No Fear', the galaxy was thrown into more chaos thaneven the Clone Wars had spawned. Taking the reins of power into his own hands, Dooku initiated the Battle of Coruscant, standing alongside Grievous and Ventress at the towering control center of the 'Invsible Hand.'

The vanishing and assumed death of Skywalker had shaken the Jedi Order as well. With his best friend presumed dead, Obi-Wan stormed into action, now one of the key leaders in the counter-assault against the Separatist forces. Alongside him flew Cin Drallig, who had been called from the Temple to assist Obi-Wan in his singular mission against Dooku and his cohorts, and Senior Council member Mace Windu himself, who had refused to pass up the chance of Dooku's capture.

As the three Masters blasted their way through the battle, into the Invisible Hand itself, and ultimately to the control tower, Tyranus readied himself and his apprentices for battle.

Basically, the duel plays out into the three said Jedi Masters, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi, ad Cin Drallig, against the three said villains, Assaj Ventress, Count Dooku, and General Grievous. Take into account that Dooku trained Assaj and Grievous to the point of nigh perfection; they will be a terribly hard trio to overcome.

However, Cin Drallig was said to have trained Obi-Wan as a swordsman, and it is only plausible that he had sparred with both Kenobi and Mace Windu in the past. I doubt that a Jedi would be allowed to create his own, deadly form without having it examined by the Order's dueling instructor.

Let the battles begin.

Deus Ex
Hm.

This would make a damn fine video, you know that? I can just imagine the initial confrontation.

But about the fight, I'm gonna get back to you on that.

Illustrious
Yeah, this will take some analysis. You have Obi-Wan and Assaj, which would surely take near forever, and Mace and Dooku which frequently have no resolution. Then with Grievous and Cin, you have a relatively unknown against a monstrosity. This will take some thought.

darthsith19
Mace vs. Dooku = Mace for reasons I have already said
Obi-Wan vs. Asajj = By this time Asajj'd be very powerful but Obi-Wan beat Vader and Grievous so he could beat Asajj but it'd take a while
Cin vs. grievous = In LOE Dooku says Cin could take out Grievous, so...

P.S. Even if Mace couldn't take out Dooku, as some of you think, it would, no doubt, be extremely close and Mace could hold out at least long enough for one of the other Jedi to win and come help him.

Oh, and this has been done before

Captain REX
If Drallig could take down Grievous fast enough, then he could be able to assist Obi-Wan in bringing down Asajj, and then the two would go down on Dooku.

Admiral Akbar
so your saying dooku wouldent win against Drallig and Obi wan?

Nai Fohl
Well...

Mace and Dooku are nearly even - that would last long
Asajj and Obi-Wan will also last long - but not as long as Dooku vs Mace and Obi-Wan will win this. Anakin had to go dark to defeat Asajj but he was dark against Obi-Wan and still lost.
Cin Drallig vs Grievous will be the fastest fight and I have no doubt that Drallig will win that.

So...
Drallig finishes first and it doesn't matter who he helps first. If he helps Mace, Dooku is going down. If he helps Obi-Wan, Asajj is going down. So you will end up with all 3 Jedi against Ventress or Dooku - Jedi win.

Lord Simus
Is this CW Grievous?

Darth Avis
remember Faunus said the two darksiders were trained to near perfection so they had more training. A few times in the clone wars assaj beat obi so with more training she can win. Cin will still beat gg even with the androids new training but it will come down to Cin vs assaj and Dooku vs Mace and Assaj, i think, can beat cin since i think obi can beat cin so team dooku would win but i have not yet voted. My 2 cents probably wrong so correct me.

Deus Ex
I'm thinking that Mace and Dooku will fight, and the others will give them berth. This is under the assumption that the Sith aren't plotting something and devise some sort of plan to weaken or separate the jedi. This can go either way. Dooku's Shatterpoint will be hard to find, as was Vastor's from the novel, and either way, this will be an epic battle. I think we never saw it because SLJ can't fight with a sword, really.

Cin Drallig can probably take Grievious, but this could last a long time or a short time. Remember, Obi-Wan was getting the upper hand here, but he had to work to defend himself and dodge blows, and this is assuming Grievious wants to play fair; he may just fight dirty, in which case this battle could take a long time.

Assajj and Kenobi? A splendid fight. But this will involve Kenobi giving ground like mad (As he did against Anakin) and her twin blades will make his defensive efforts even more desperate. While I like Kenobi, I'm going to assume that this fight is going to be rough. Perhaps rougher in some ways than his canon fight with Anakin.

So if the Sith and their cyborg fight dirty, they stand a chance to win. If they fight fair, the good guys might win, but if so, barely. Assajj is a deadly opponent, and Grievious might be able to be destroyed by Cin, but we don't know how long that could take. And Mace and Dooku can go either way.

Darth Avis
Correct me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or am i right?

Deus Ex
Don't do all those exclamation marks. It's annoying.

Darth Avis
sorry smile

Darth Faunus
Avis, I didn't mean they'd recieved extra training. It's to enhance the read.

And I agree with some of you on the fact that the Jedi have the upper hand in sheer skill when compared to Grievous and Assaj, but your forgetting the teamwork that'd be involved. Dooku knows both Assaj and Grievous inside out; he made them what they are; the most feared Jedi killers in the galaxy.

Janus, while I agree that Assaj would be a tremendously skilled opponent, I doubt that her ability could outdo the performance of Darth Vader. Although Kenobi would, as you said, be giving ground like mad. Assaj's kinetic style would force him on the retreat. But as she has shown in the Cestus Deception, her wild offensive can put her at great risk. Something Obi-Wan could take advantage of. Not, however, without a tremendous effort.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
so your saying dooku wouldent win against Drallig and Obi wan?

No, I'm saying he wouldn't win against Kenobi, Drallig, and Windu.

Fishy
The light side is more powerful... And would win if this was 1vs1 times 3...

But Dooku knew his "apprentices" better then those Jedi know each other. If they can work together as a team, if they can fight together then they will win. It will be hard and difficult but a good team although weaker can still take out a bad more powerful team. I think the Dark Side will win this because they will probably be able to work better together.

Darth Avis
lets switch this up. Obi vs dooku GG vs cin and assaj vs mace Dooku will pwn obi in less then 20 seconds and help assaj beat mace leaving cin vs assaj and dooku.

PWN3d!!!

Deus Ex
I rather like the idea of Assajj and Dooku as Sith rather than Sidious and Anakin; they were more likeable. But this fight is a toss up, unless the Sith fight dirty. If they were smart Sith, they would, since they have nothing to prove and everything to lose in this battle.

Darth Avis
wait what do you agree with me or am i wrong again

Deus Ex
I don't think it's that simple.

Darth Faunus
Everyone here is turning this into three seperate match-ups. You have to consider the variables. For example, what if Asajj steered Kenobi towards Dooku, and then performed some sort of switch-up maneuver, like a castling? This isn't Dooku vs. Mace, Kenobi vs. Asajj, and Drallig vs. Grievous. This is the Jedi against the Sith. Totally different scenario.

Deus Ex
Totally different rules.

I think the Sith are more devious and capable of planning their confrontation, rather than the Jedi who are generally very impulsive in combat (Note Mace's tactics on Geonosis, Obi-Wan waltzing up to confront Grievious, etc.) I'm sure with proper Sith lightning support and Assajj evilness this could go ugly quick for the jedi. My vote goes for the Sith.

Darth Avis
agreed with you guys i also voted sith

Darth Faunus
I think it could easily go either way. Although I'll wait a bit for a verdict of my own.

Deus Ex
Well in a fair fight, this could very well be the Jedi's. However, the Sith don't play fair and reasonably they shouldn't. This would be ultimately in their favor.

Darth Faunus
Possibly. . . This needs a story. I'm on it.

Deus Ex
Sounds good.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
This battle is my first in a while, and I wanted to continue this trend of 'specially categorzied' duels, such as the 'Risk'.

Anyway, this battle consists of two teams of three. It takes place during ROTS, in an alternate storyline. Here it is:

In their final duel on Coruscant, Ventress managed to wound Anakin, and taking the advantage, hurled him from the kilometer high tower, and thus trhowing Lord Sidious' plans into disarray. Upon returning to Dooku and his cyborg apprentice, Grievous, she had been surprised to meet the secret puppet-master of the galaxy. In a rage, the would-be Emperor blasted her with Sith lightning. As the energy pulsated through her, Dooku's cold mask broke, and in an act of unsurpassed defiance, struck his master down, thus saving the girl who he had come to regard as something other than just an apprentice. She had become something. . . more.

But he hadn't accounted for the consequences of his actions. With the disappearance of the Supreme Chancellor, as well as the 'Hero with No Fear', the galaxy was thrown into more chaos thaneven the Clone Wars had spawned. Taking the reins of power into his own hands, Dooku initiated the Battle of Coruscant, standing alongside Grievous and Ventress at the towering control center of the 'Invsible Hand.'

The vanishing and assumed death of Skywalker had shaken the Jedi Order as well. With his best friend presumed dead, Obi-Wan stormed into action, now one of the key leaders in the counter-assault against the Separatist forces. Alongside him flew Cin Drallig, who had been called from the Temple to assist Obi-Wan in his singular mission against Dooku and his cohorts, and Senior Council member Mace Windu himself, who had refused to pass up the chance of Dooku's capture.

As the three Masters blasted their way through the battle, into the Invisible Hand itself, and ultimately to the control tower, Tyranus readied himself and his apprentices for battle.

Basically, the duel plays out into the three said Jedi Masters, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi, ad Cin Drallig, against the three said villains, Assaj Ventress, Count Dooku, and General Grievous. Take into account that Dooku trained Assaj and Grievous to the point of nigh perfection; they will be a terribly hard trio to overcome.

However, Cin Drallig was said to have trained Obi-Wan as a swordsman, and it is only plausible that he had sparred with both Kenobi and Mace Windu in the past. I doubt that a Jedi would be allowed to create his own, deadly form without having it examined by the Order's dueling instructor.

Let the battles begin.

Damn good writing Faunus...

Darth Faunus
Thanks! Although there are a couple of glaring typos. . .

Fishy
Typos don't matter, espcially not to Dutch people who make them all the time.

Veneficus
I am curious Fishy as to when you learned English.

Fishy
First time I watched an English movie I guess...

I learned my English from watching movies and reading the subtitles, thats how it all started out with me. Playing Videogames, especially one's with great stories helped too. They helped a lot with my spelling because I used to turn subtitles on so I learned how words were pronounced and spelled.

First test of my English was when I was 10 in the US, I managed to talk to people there and make them understand me and I could understand them. Of course not into perfection but still I managed. So I learned English from movies, games and later on forums... Forums still cause problems sometimes though especially in discussions because a lot of the words used in discussions are not used in video games or movies. So I never heard of them before. But i'm still learning.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Fishy
First time I watched an English movie I guess...

I learned my English from watching movies and reading the subtitles, thats how it all started out with me. Playing Videogames, especially one's with great stories helped too. They helped a lot with my spelling because I used to turn subtitles on so I learned how words were pronounced and spelled.

First test of my English was when I was 10 in the US, I managed to talk to people there and make them understand me and I could understand them. Of course not into perfection but still I managed. So I learned English from movies, games and later on forums... Forums still cause problems sometimes though especially in discussions because a lot of the words used in discussions are not used in video games or movies. So I never heard of them before. But i'm still learning.

Wow...thats pretty impressive learning a language off videogames...and yes English is pretty damn hard to learn seeing as so many words can mean more than one thing. I mean geez I have grown up speaking English and I still find Spanish and Latin easier to speak.

overlord
English is one of the simplest languages to learn.
Hey Fishy, I'm dutch, do I make a lot of typo's? Maybe you are typing to fast.

Fishy
I'm definitly typing to fast, and I don't really watch typos and I don't care about them either because it happens, its when people don't try that its annoying.

overlord
I am secretely a person who really gets annoyed by spelling errors, although I write pretty fast too (I don't read my post before submitting) I taught myself to not make too much (shit.. now I am the one bragging). Where are you actually from in Holland, fishy?
Sorry for not being on topic btw.

Deus Ex
No, Fishy is an Amerikaner posing as a Dutchman. He is a spy known as El Gigante in the Iberian peninsula, where he fought Leon S. Kennedy for the bragging rights to one of Capcom's newest games. And he totally digs redheads.

Darth Faunus
Lol

By the way, Fishy, what is your verdict here?

Deus Ex
Fishy likes Sith. Don't be fooled. He voted Sith, I know it.

Nai Fohl
And I agree with some of you on the fact that the Jedi have the upper hand in sheer skill when compared to Grievous and Assaj, but your forgetting the teamwork that'd be involved. Dooku knows both Assaj and Grievous inside out; he made them what they are; the most feared Jedi killers in the galaxy.

Yes. Dooku knows Grievous and Asajj inside out. Being lightsaber instructor of the order Cin Drallig would know Mace and Obi-Wan inside out.

Now Dooku himself rated Cin Drallig equal or only less good compared to Mace and Yoda (thereby to himself). So basically you have two people on the Jedi side that can give Dooku a run for his money (maybe even defeat him). So...we know that all of the Jedi are able to take out Grievous. We know that two of them will most likely give Dooku a good fight and defeat Asajj.

So even if you make it the worst case for the Jedi (Mace / Drallig vs Grievous / Asajj and Obi-Wan vs Dooku) you will most likely end up with two Jedi vs Dooku (in this case Obi-Wan is killed and this would be Cin and Mace vs Dooku). Even things like Sith lightning or excessive force use from the Sith wouldn't turn this. Dooku is the only one who can use lightning (and this can be stopped by each of the 3 Jedi) while Asajj as a force user is not match for one of them and Grievous is even a non-issue here.

So I don't see how Asajj, Dooku and GG should be able to pull it off.

Deus Ex
You're oversimplifying the situation though, Nai.

Yes, if it is everyone standing side by side, each on their respective sides and they just go one on one, the jedi have a good chance of winning. But, other than to appease an ego, why would the Sith allow such a battle to take place? I know that Dooku is a proud man, but not that proud. And Assajj knows when to book it. Grievious is exceptional at "tactical retrograde movement". Why would the battle even go down like that?

Fishy
Originally posted by Deus Ex
Fishy likes Sith. Don't be fooled. He voted Sith, I know it.

You are right, now stop reading my mind.

overlord
Originally posted by Deus Ex
No, Fishy is an Amerikaner posing as a Dutchman. He is a spy known as El Gigante in the Iberian peninsula, where he fought Leon S. Kennedy for the bragging rights to one of Capcom's newest games. And he totally digs redheads.

Thanks! I dig redheads too!
(who was I talking to again.. ah.. nevermind..)
Happy Dance

overlord
Damn.. I didn't even understand the thread but I voted the sith because I alway's have sympathy for the bad guys..

Darth Faunus
Thanks for screwing up the polls. stick out tongue Although the Sith have more votes as it is, despite the presence of only one or two good arguments on their behalf.

overlord
Sorry.. I just get depressed whenever I see giant posts.. I just can't keep the attention to read them.
Yet I always want to join in on the fun.. sad
(guess, I'm just bored..)

Fishy
Thanks for screwing up the polls. stick out tongue Although the Sith have more votes as it is, despite the presence of only one or two good arguments on their behalf.

Who cares, you saw who made the arguments... That should be enough.

xxxpoppunker182
i'd say that
Cin takes GG
Obi-Wan could hold off Assaj until cin beats GG with susstaning some injuries.
Obi and Cin take Assaj
mace and dooku just keep going and going but hold each other off until obi and cin come to help. and i think that those 3 could take dooku.

Lord Simus
Except for one thing the Darkside's trio is a lot better team. It wouldn't be just 1 vs. 1 three times they would switch every so often. This whole thread is about who is a better team and that would go to the Darkside Trio.

Darth Faunus
It's not much better team. But while they are outclassed, yes, their teamwork abilities outdo those of the Jedi. The question is, will it be enough?

Great Vengeance
Yes.

Deus Ex
It's not much better team. But while they are outclassed, yes, their teamwork abilities outdo those of the Jedi. The question is, will it be enough?

To answer your question, it's how the Sith shape the battlefield. If they sit around and engage the jedi in some senseless macho free-for-all, the Sith could lose and badly even. If the Sith play it smart (And with an evil crew consisting of Assajj "The Thorn in the Jedi's side" Ventress, General "omfg u c4mp3r" Grievious, and Count "furce litgning wud crus al" Dooku, and this could be outright ugly for the jedi.

For one thing, the jedi rarely work together. Anakin and Obi-Wan are the only team who showed any real cohesive teamwork, and look at how easily Dooku himself separated them. Assajj, in particular, is heavily underrated in this forum because A) she's not a Sith, B) she's a girl, and C) she's a comic book character. By herself she could pose problem for Obi-Wan. Don't mistake my point; Kenobi is -very- good by ROTS... but even then, his style involves giving ground and searching for a weakness. Starwars.com says that Assajj's mastery of two blades was near-perfect. While this is subject to debate, the very fact that they made note of her saber skills should mean something. (They certainly never mentioned the saber skills of say, Plo Koon or even Kit Fisto)

Grievious in a straight up fight is no match for any of the opposing Jedi. Dooku knows this. Grievious should too, since the Count would be scolding his ass for considering a frontal assault. Instead, Grievious should take full advantage of his deceptive movements, blasters, and the environment to prolong the fought, depending on who he faces. If it's Windu, well... that might not make much of a difference. Again, it depends. An inferior duellist can prolong a fight with a better duellist by giving ground.

As for the jedi...

Cin Drallig's mindset is unknown. His actual battle experience is subject to debate, but his skill is considered to be above Grievious, and he could probably take Assajj with enough time and a neutral setting. Note I said neutral setting. I really don't think the Sith have this fight in the bag if they go balls-to-the-wall and attack the jedi in an open room outright.

Obi-Wan is clever and strong, but is -always- on the defensive. Because of this, he can easily be tied up by one of the opposing enemies and in the case of Dooku, eliminated outright.

Mace Windu is the heaviest hitter on his side, and is capable of holding his own with Grievious despite unreasonable scenarios (As seen in LOE). If he were to forsake Dooku as a target (Which seems very unlikely) he could probably exploit the weaknesses of Grievious or Assajj much faster than his comrades. But the point remains that he most likely wouldn't attack Grievious first, and because Dooku is such a formidable opponent, it's a whole 'nother debate on if he would even win that fight, nevermind how long it could potentially take.

So in short the jedi are attacking the Sith who have a homecourt advantage, more cohesive teamwork, and the advantage in offensive powers and deviousness.

Darth Faunus
Nicely said. You covered everything.

And the 'furce litgning wud crus al'. smile

Deus Ex
Dude, that is the coolest noob statement of them all. 'OMg furce litgning!!!@@!!!ONEONEELVEVLENVLEVN!!@##

Darth Faunus
expeiali plu kun ligng da pwns al 2 ur dets!!11!1!!!1!1one!1eleven!11

Deus Ex
no rely what we realy need are long drawed out paregraphs with mynor mispellins and absolotly noe period at all ever an noe punkschuu ashun at all cuz that wold make sence righ i mean why use punkschuu ashun wen u can make a totly illegible post lik ur on fire and have only so muhc time to post right

Darth Faunus
rity i men cims on jdi wjem peole lyk 2 pu pemcttin its lik borin bu plo kun cud pwn al evry1 her now jd so @$#*& hdnmu dsysph nbu stil puncrtiatin sux

Deus Ex
ttoly dood koon wins lik everhy fight cuz ai ahdfnm jebsekjsnpoiejfw;lkfweflknloseifnlwwkmlfwknl4fknw4
lokj ijf owk4

*Starts foaming at the mouth*

urewnrlknlrkglriP!!@@!@{K@!#)I -0im[f;lvfd
g

Illustrious
wtf teh poin o punkchuashion anyway i dont get y u all liek to laff so much wat is wit teh lololololols das all i see frum y dese day leik wtf

Deus Ex
zomg u noe nuthin so sysph noob lol laffin is nurmal an healfy ass omgwtfbbqlsdlmnop!!!@@!!

DarthMaul9123
ok back on topic i think that jedi have eventually always overcome the sith so i must say a trio of jedi could take this

Deus Ex
That's a stupid rationalization. Never use that here on this forum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.