super smash bros. melee

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gameboy
alright who likes it i do

Phoenix Aska
you should really go to the computer/video games threads and ask that question...

Spelljammer
I use to pick Dr. Mario and sport the black trenchcoat. It had a nazi scientist look to it..

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by gameboy

This belongs in the game forum, but out of emphasis, Donkey Kong is my favorite

gameboy
cool me and my friend are getting the last character mr.game and watch we need to do 4 more characters on clasic mode i got mewtwo this morning it's fun

Phoenix Aska
the best character in the game is Marth....if you can master dodging,rolling, the counter, and hitting opponents with the tip of the blade oull be unstoppable.

Royal Knight
I like the game smile

gameboy
i bet i could beat u guys

Phoenix Aska

lol

uhhmmm i doubt it...especially for someone who just started...but just keep practicing and wait for the new super smash to come out for the revolution which will have online play! eek!

Spelljammer
Being a 64 veteran, I invented my own title. The Rick James title.

I was able to get the vegetarian award and pacifst award AT THE SAME TIME.
I was able to be a DK defender but kept all my party members alive and well.
I was able to beat the master hand in under 3 minutes.
I regularly can take on three level 9 bot-characters.

I'm Rick James *****. cool

gameboy
i just beat the hand is 60 seconds

Phoenix Aska
lol

its pointless to brag about what youve accompllished in a video game over the internet...

gameboy
well the other guy did Being a 64 veteran, I invented my own title. The Rick James title.

I was able to get the vegetarian award and pacifst award AT THE SAME TIME.
I was able to be a DK defender but kept all my party members alive and well.
I was able to beat the master hand in under 3 minutes.
I regularly can take on three level 9 bot-characters.

I'm Rick James *****.

StaT1c
MVC2 > the universe

gameboy
i got all the charaters

StaT1c
Wow, very impressive... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Inspectah Deck
laughing out loud

gameboy
What Inspectah Deck.

BENITO
I'm excellent with Ness but I also like to use Fox and Mario

Vathu

... I play the orignal japanese from nintendo 64 because its better then melee no expression

§pearhead
Roy, Link, Mr. Game and Watch geek I just abuse smash attacks

terra grl 123
kewl,brandon,just sou know i'm playing it,on ure save.

Vathu
hahaha i pity you no expression i am playing the original japanese version of super smah bro's. and I can play as the hand man biatch! no expression

terra grl 123
lol,wow

Vathu
I even have the english version shifty

man.. I wish there was a swedish version... that would be pimp.. no expression

terra grl 123
sure.

Vathu
eek

non-beleiver! *burns terra girl*

evillaughter

Bun Bun
Omg i love that game!!!! im always pikachu.... i pretty much suck but its fun fighting the HAND..... and we always play V.S mode.... very fun

BENITO

StaT1c
Last time I heard Mr. Game and Watch was a Dan level low tier. If this is true, since I don't play the game much, then he f*cking sucks.

DarkC
Samus or Link.

BENITO
Originally posted by StaT1c
Last time I heard Mr. Game and Watch was a Dan level low tier. If this is true, since I don't play the game much, then he f*cking sucks. He Does

DarkC
Last time I heard Mr. Game and Watch was a Dan level low tier. If this is true, since I don't play the game much, then he f*cking sucks.
Not if you know how to use him properly. roll eyes (sarcastic)

BENITO
Originally posted by DarkC
Not if you know how to use him properly. roll eyes (sarcastic) how do you use him "Properly"

DarkC
You figure out a way to play him so you stop getting 'pwned' so often. I've had to do it with Samus and Link.

TwisterGameX
That game is ancient, and I am still the master. Happy Dance

BENITO
are they by any chance releasing anoth super smash bro.s I've got Melee and the original

StaT1c
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
That game is ancient, and I am still the master. Happy Dance You wish. Captain Jack is probably one of the most recognized and overall best players in the world.

Kosta
awesome party game, especially when everyone is drunk. stick out tongue

gameboy
hey terra grl 123 i have the gamecube over here

Inspectah Deck
You have the gamecube over the internet?

gameboy
no

nitro-swicked
i like it for the game cube ive unlocked everyone and ive done all the missions.

StaT1c
Originally posted by nitro-swicked
i like it for the game cube ive unlocked everyone and ive done all the missions.
Seriously, why do people keep mentioning that they've unlocked all the characters like it's some sort of arduous and impressive accomplishment? That's like almost as similar as me boasting that I beat MvC2 on the highest difficulty level by using Team Santhrax (Storm/Sentinel/Commando).

(And yes, I do have to make almost every single comparison in Marvel terminology)

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by nitro-swicked

So?

crazy_shadow
fox and link....i played that game too much when i was addicted, i got so good i ended up beating 3 lvl 9's that were vs me and i had no handicap, and no items embarrasment....that was with fox, with link i got pwned XD

Kosta
Fox was my best character too. Most people found him boring, I thought he kicked ass.

Spelljammer
I'm actually best with Kirby. Why I don't know. You'd think being the prince of darkness I'd be best with Gannondorf or atleast Mewtwo. But instead I'm some freakishly cute alien guy who copies your most basic power and in his own series has shitty friends who don't do anything and fights some king who doesn't even know what he hates Kirby for..

...My God...

crazy_shadow
wanna know wats funny....i can beat 3 lvl 9's with fox but not with link....i can beat giga bowser with link but not fox....laughing out loud

StaT1c
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
fox and link....i played that game too much when i was addicted, i got so good i ended up beating 3 lvl 9's that were vs me and i had no handicap, and no items embarrasment....that was with fox, with link i got pwned XD That's not that impressive. The AI on that game is as stupid as a bucket of bolts. When you come back and say you won a real Smash tourney, then I'll be somewhat acknowledgable.

*Sigh* Just go to www.smashboards.com and say that garbage there; you'll look like a fool.

Phoenix Aska
That's not that impressive. The AI on that game is as stupid as a bucket of bolts. When you come back and say you won a real Smash tourney, then I'll be somewhat acknowledgable.

*Sigh* Just go to www.smashboards.com and say that garbage there; you'll look like a fool.

shhh

just let them think what they wanna believe...lol

when revolution comes out with the super smash bros online it'll shut many people up...lol

Sir Mist
Kirby is the shitcool (for n64, I havent played gamecube one)

Phoenix Aska
Originally posted by Sir Mist
Kirby is the shitcool (for n64, I havent played gamecube one)

lol

i have friends who thought that too...for the N64 kirby and yoshi kicked ass...but in the ssb melee came out kirby lost its advantage over other characters...and yoshi lost most of his power...

Sir Mist
Hehe, I liked sucking people up while falling off the edge of a level and taking us both downcool

Phoenix Aska
Originally posted by Sir Mist
Hehe, I liked sucking people up while falling off the edge of a level and taking us both downcool

lol

that would only work if the other player had high damage or was just dumb and jumped late...

lol

it was like being yoshi and turning them into an egg going off of cliffs...but i could only do it to noobs..lol

Sir Mist
LOL, I hated that egg thinglaughing out loud

I usually jumped off the cliff and sucked someone in as I fellevil face (Usually the winning player laughing out loud )

Phoenix Aska
lol

in melee the best characters in my opinion are marth...not roy because he's powerful but way too slow...or fox...he has a couple better attributes, and link cuz he kicks ass in the new version.

DarkC
I liked going DK suicidal on em.

StaT1c
Official Tier Listing

Source: www.smashboards.com

Top Tier

Sheik
Fox
Marth

Upper Tier

Peach
Falco
C. Falcon
Samus

High Tier

Jigglypuff
Dr. Mario
Ganondorf
Mario
Ice Climbers

Middle Tier

Luigi
Link
Roy
DK
Pikachu
Zelda

Lower Tier

Ness
Young Link
Yoshi
Kirby
Mr. Game & Watch
Bowser

Bottom Tier

Mewtwo
Pichu

Inspectah Deck
I knew Pichu was garbage

DarkC
Shitty how he does damage to himself.

crazy_shadow
That's not that impressive. The AI on that game is as stupid as a bucket of bolts. When you come back and say you won a real Smash tourney, then I'll be somewhat acknowledgable.

*Sigh* Just go to www.smashboards.com and say that garbage there; you'll look like a fool. well yeah their idiots, all ganondorf does is his lil grabbing move every ****in time he gets up to you, that's what makes it hard to beat him because you cant touch him with him doing that junk. samus only does the lil arm grab, but she's easier to avoid from that because you can see it comming faster. they all have one move that they only do 90% threw the battle, but it make's it harder because when you try avoiding it when there are 2 others in the way one of the other 2 will get you.

StaT1c
You basically contradicted yourself right there

Inspectah Deck
You basically contradicted yourself right there

laughing

Backbone
So what..Ganandorf is who i'm good with because I charge up my kick's. Like when someone jumps down, before they do, I charge up my double-jump kick and smack them into the sky. When they knock me down, I roll back, out of the way..I don't do that crap..I have fair fights with my friends..

cutie959
thats kewl.

DarkC
Why hasn't this been merged yet?

StaT1c
Originally posted by Backbone
So what..Ganandorf is who i'm good with because I charge up my kick's. Like when someone jumps down, before they do, I charge up my double-jump kick and smack them into the sky. When they knock me down, I roll back, out of the way..I don't do that crap..I have fair fights with my friends.. What the f*ck is this shit?

I can't believe how many stupid people post in this forum. Seriously.

Phoenix Aska
What the f*ck is this shit?

lol

shhh i told you to remain calm...

when they play someone actually good they'll discover ganndork is a really bad character...

Merdelian

How 'bout you shut up now.

DarkC

Temper, temper.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.