Silver Surfer vs. Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
Sorry guys I had to do this one.

Black Adam is thousands of years old and is pretty clever and rutheless.

Norrin Radd isnt immortal but posseses some massive power who seems to be very susceptible to magic.

Who wins?

long pig
SS is thousands of years old too.

How fast is Black Adam?

snoopdogg
Norrin isnt that old. I know this for a fact.

He is faster than Black Adam I know that much.

long pig
I thought he was a thousand or so years old.

How strong is BA?

snoopdogg
BA is said to be stronger than Captain Marvel. I dont know for sure but Superman said that BA hits harder than CM.

This pic should help clarify that Norrin isnt immortal.

roughrider
Black Adam is probably older but Silver Surfer wins. Too much power in the power cosmic for Adam to overcome with brute force.

long pig
So Surfer is around 1000 years old. That's kinda what I thought.

Galactus said himself he spent "lifetimes soaring the cosmos with his herald, the Surfer."

I don't know anything about BA to say who wins or loses, but if Superman can beat him, Surfer can too, but easier.

leonidas
can adam use his magic lightning as a weapon? in the appearances i have of him i've never seen it. he would need it if he were to win this fight.

snoopdogg
Thats kinda like Rock, paper, scissors long pig.

The only reason Norrin beats Superman cause he can exploit his weaknesses. Norrin cannot do that to Black Adam.

Norrin does not like magical enemies.

HigH ScholaR
to be honest that doesn't really prove norrin doesn't like magical enemies. and to be honest no one likes magical enemies because they can do literally anything. only one person that i know who you can classify as someone who does not like magical beings is superman.

and besides that mephisto a demon lord

Juntai
Norrin can go faster than BA, but I'm not sure if he can in combat. Surfer seems to lose his speed once he needs to throw down.

Juntai
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
to be honest that doesn't really prove norrin doesn't like magical enemies. and to be honest no one likes magical enemies because they can do literally anything. only one person that i know who you can classify as someone who does not like magical beings is superman.

and besides that mephisto a demon lord Demon Lord? Hell trembled before the might of Shazam in Underworld Unleashed.

snoopdogg
He still is a magical enemy. And so is Black Adam.

Here he gets stabbed with a magical knife and bleeds for the first time.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Juntai
Norrin can go faster than BA, but I'm not sure if he can in combat. Surfer seems to lose his speed once he needs to throw down. Everyone assumes that Norrin can fight at superspeed but it has never been shown.

He can fly fast. But can he fight fast?

roughrider
Can BA or Shazam survive in outer space? If Surfer pulls him into his best territory, I think he has definite advantage.

Sentry
Surfer 6 out of 10. Close fight. BA will be tougher to put down than Superman. In any case Surfer puts Supes down 10 times out of 10 due to his weakness and Surfer's awareness. Surfer can fly in circles at speeds faster than light and blast his opponents. big grin Snoop has seen that pic a few times.

If both are bloodlusted and mad as hell, Surfer takes it 8 times out of 10.

Whirlysplatt
Cyborg laughed at Surfer smile and hurt him smile Adam wastes him in DC the dials go up to 11 smile

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

roughrider
Since the dials at DC APPARENTLY go up to 11 (God we'll never lose this phrase now), that's why Bat-God will take down Galactus, right?? roll eyes (sarcastic)

snoopdogg
Bat-God took down Hulk.............................

roughrider
God, don't remind me of that...
Bruce has a God kick. Used it on Shazam, and tripped Flash with it. He's got a magic leg!disgust

Sentry
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Bat-God took down Hulk.............................

PIS...

Just like this one...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/supermanspidey.jpg

Juntai
Originally posted by Sentry
PIS...

Just like this one...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/supermanspidey.jpg touching Superman is PIS? If I recall, that punch didnt hurt him at all.. Superman was unprepared and faded back a few feet, so what? Batman actually spanked Hulk. Defeated his opponent where Spiderman did not.

kgkg
SS faster , stonger etc.

SS wins

olympian
"touching Superman is PIS? If I recall, that punch didnt hurt him at all.. Superman was unprepared and faded back a few feet, so what? Batman actually spanked Hulk. Defeated his opponent where Spiderman did not."

At that point he was hurting him yes. Spiderman was "soaked" with red kriptonite or something of that nature.

At least its how i recall it.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by kgkg
SS faster , stonger etc.

SS wins Faster Norrin is.

Black Adam is stronger. What feats does Norrin have showing his tremendous strength?

I know he can amp his strength via the power cosmic. But that takes time and time is something he wont have against Teth Adam.

kgkg
Faster Norrin is.

Black Adam is stronger. What feats does Norrin have showing his tremendous strength?

I know he can amp his strength via the power cosmic. But that takes time and time is something he wont have against Teth Adam.
Adam is Stonger , Surfer won't be punching Adam.

And Surfer is a lot more powerful here are some option

attack at beyond light speed
Stop time
effect his MOl

Adam Stonger than Surfer can't adam has done that makes him even close to Surfer even physically.

kgkg
Either way easy win for SS

SS can also Control time , and travel , and bend space itself.

snoopdogg

effect his MOl

effect his what?

kgkg
effect his what? Molecules , turn him into Solidified Energy , Gas you name it

Since when can Adam control his molecules

snoopdogg

Adam Stonger than Surfer can't adam has done that makes him even close to Surfer even physically. What does this mean exactly?

kgkg
What does this mean exactly?
sry , here let me right in proper English

Even in terms of Physical strength, Adam wasn’t shown anything Silver Surfer can’t handle.

and remember SS can effect being at Molecular level , and turn Enemies into Energy.

As for Power, SS is the strongest being he calls himself POWER.

Not only that SS can easily , bend space /time etc

roughrider
Faster Norrin is.

Avengers annual 1987: SS is facing Korvac, who makes every asteroid in the nearby system crash into the Surfer, burying him as the centre of a new, giant planet. But Surfer, to Korvac's suprise, blasts every asteroid off him like like pebbles, exploding the planet outward.
He can be as strong as he wants, when he wants.

long pig
Surfer doesn't beat Superman because he can exploit his weakness, surfer beats Superman because he's x times more powerful.

If Superman can, Surfer can but a lot faster and a lot easier.

Why would Surfer's speed automatically "turn off" when he's in combat? That's retarded. Can you show me a scan where there is a magic switch in Surfer's brain that gets turned off when he fights?

His flight speed is just as fast as his reaction fight speed, anyone who tries questioning that after seeing hundreds of scans is just lying to themselves.

If Superman beat him in 4 minutes, Surfer beats him in 1 minute.

yahman
Originally posted by roughrider
Avengers annual 1987: SS is facing Korvac, who makes every asteroid in the nearby system crash into the Surfer, burying him as the centre of a new, giant planet. But Surfer, to Korvac's suprise, blasts every asteroid off him like like pebbles, exploding the planet outward.

Giant Plannet ..... puhhhh lease laughing laughing

long pig
Not a giant planet but a planet none the less.

yahman
Originally posted by long pig
Not a giant planet but a planet none the less.

If you call the golden globe on top of the Daily planet a 'planet' smile

long pig
I don't call it anything. The narrator called it a planet. So, in a battle with you and me versus the narrator of the comic, the narrator wins.

It was a planet.

yahman
I don't call it anything. The narrator called it a planet. So, in a battle with you and me versus the narrator of the comic, the narrator wins.

It was a planet.

If you are suggesting KORVAC is the narrator I agree. smile

Whirlysplatt

Korvac spanked him rr as I remember smile

roughrider
So when has Black Adam blasted a planet outwards, hmm?

yahman
So when has Black Adam blasted a planet outwards, hmm?

I don't know .... but the example in question is well very questionable confused The planet SS 'blasted' out was no that much bigger than the globe on top of the Daily planet in metropolis. smile

long pig
Oh, so you went and measured it? Cool, did you get Surfer's autograph?

yahman
Oh, so you went and measured it? Cool, did you get Surfer's autograph?

very witty smile

No i used the depth perception in my eyes to compare the size of the silver Surfer to the size of the ball. smile

roughrider
The Surfer's strength is mighty but one of his least-used assests, he has so many powers. He could start by turning BA's suit into clown jammies; Adam will grind his teeth and ask to be excused till he can change into something manly! stick out tongue

long pig
Wow, new 3-d paper?

Bet it's expensive.

yahman
Wow, new 3-d paper?

Bet it's expensive.

No but one can create 3D images on a 2D surface using what is known as the vanishing point. smile Its something they had since the renaissance big grin

long pig
Neato, where was the vanishing point?

yahman
Neato, where was the vanishing point?

I'm not too sure ask someone who would know more on the subject such as an architect. smile

TheKahn
Black Adam is just outclassed in this one. Look at it this way: Black Adam's powers come from EARTHLY gods while SS got a portion of Galactus' COSMIC power. SS is just in a different league.

Black Adam just doesn't have the offensive abilities to hurt SS.

long pig
Originally posted by yahman
I'm not too sure ask someone who would know more on the subject such as an architect. smile
So you admit not having what it takes to understand what you were looking at? Now we are getting somewhere.

Did Superman beat black adam?

snoopdogg
So when has Black Adam blasted a planet outwards, hmm? Black Adam is not dumb enough to get into that situation. laughing

yahman
So you admit not having what it takes to understand what you were looking at? Now we are getting somewhere.

Did Superman beat black adam?

Nah you misunderstood what i originally said. sad Using the vanishing point method one can easily construct a 3D image on a 2D surface e.g. piece of paper. You can even do it. smile Draw Two squares, One behind the other, and then draw lines between them. One gets a 3D image. Comic book artists do it all the time smile smile Thats why comic book characters arms are in proportion to their bodies.

You can also use this method get a perspective of scale. smile Using this method i was able to find out how small the 'Planet' or small rock was.

long pig
Ah, I see. And your hypothesis was it was as large as the globe on top as the daily planet?

How big is that?

yahman
Ah, I see. And your hypothesis was it was as large as the globe on top as the daily planet?

How big is that?

Do you not read any D.C. titles ?

Well using the same method one is able to see that neither are that big. smile

Any way i still think that Surfer wins.

roughrider
Black Adam is not dumb enough to get into that situation. laughing

Naturally...any writer would know he doesn't have the power to win in that situation, so they keep him away from it! laughing
Just like he better stay clear of Norrid! stick out tongue

Murda Mase
bump

Soleran
Well Norrin was able to push around God Cable in their fight when they were locked up and he was certainly cranking out some power that could augment his strength ridiculuosly beyond class 100........................

Mider
yet black adam has magic on his side that can hurt surfer, the lightning And he can do the magic fist thing he did to SBP, and supes said he once was gonna punch adam so hard he could have broken the moon in half with that punch.

JOE NUNEZ
Sorry guys I had to do this one.

Black Adam is thousands of years old and is pretty clever and rutheless.

Norrin Radd isnt immortal but posseses some massive power who seems to be very susceptible to magic.

Who wins? THE way you make it sound seems like your bias towards Black Adam.

JOE NUNEZ
Why even ask for public opinion, if your bias nothing anybody says will convince you, I GUESS you just like arguing.

Templares
Surfer ownz. Magic is not some fatal weakness for Norrin.

Sci-fi Nut
This is surfer before Annihilation

nvrbeenwthagirl
Surfer 100 out of Ten.

batdude123
Surfer.

Sci-fi Nut
i thought black adam was as fast, strong and invulnerable as superman plus magic. the only reason supes loses to surfer is because surfer messes with his solar radiation and creates kryptonite. surfer can't affect magic so how does he win so unanimously?

bigbran
no surfer could beat supes regular, just a easy win.

Face
Silver surfer wins with speed

Basti0n
Surfer wins, even stephen strange cannot stand up to the power cosmic

SevenShackles
curious, i used the search function and couldnt find this. so i made. rolling on floor laughing

Silver Surfer vs Black Adam

all out battle.
only one walks away.

Round 1 - Fight starts along city skyline.

round 2 - fight in space.

either round, silver surfer is in his way and refuses to back down roll eyes (sarcastic)

gogogadgetgo
silver surfer....coz...well...dont...really...know....but as long as surfer doesn't go toe to toe ina slugg fest...he should be able to take a slight majority

Akuki
I'm definitely leaning towards SS since I think he got a power boost during Annihilation, but Black Adam definitely gets respect after his performance in 52. I'd say SS about 7-8/10

quanchi112
silver surfer wins both.

DigiMark007
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=367497&highlight=title%3A%28black+adam+vs.+silver+surfer%29

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=416580&highlight=title%3A%28black+adam+vs.+silver+surfer%29

erm

SevenShackles
Originally posted by DigiMark007
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=367497&highlight=title%3A%28black+adam+vs.+silver+surfer%29

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=416580&highlight=title%3A%28black+adam+vs.+silver+surfer%29

erm

whats with the face! my search function skills arnt that pathetic....sorta... shut up.. mad

rolling on floor laughing thanks for the links.

Galan007
BA rips his face off! dur

Cosmic Cube
Will not!

shokosugi
who wins? smile

id369
Superman 10/10

Mindset
Originally posted by id369
Superman 10/10

shokosugi
yeah but who wins Black Adam vs. Silver Surfer? smile

iceman24567
Superman 10/10

tkitna
Surfer 10/10

Wei Phoenix
Superman 10/10

Bouboumaster
Batman

Raoul
If you're not going to do a search, then don't bother making threads at all. Merging.

quanchi112
Surfer wins.

zeel
So Surfer is around 1000 years old. That's kinda what I thought.

Galactus said himself he spent "lifetimes soaring the cosmos with his herald, the Surfer."

I don't know anything about BA to say who wins or loses, but if Superman can beat him, Surfer can too, but easier.

superman has never beat BA.

SS>superman and ba due to the fact that he can do whatever he wants to them hes much more versital.

zeel
Originally posted by TheKahn
Black Adam is just outclassed in this one. Look at it this way: Black Adam's powers come from EARTHLY gods while SS got a portion of Galactus' COSMIC power. SS is just in a different league.

Black Adam just doesn't have the offensive abilities to hurt SS.

nah if this went to a fist fight surfer is gone. but that wont happen.

im still going with surfer.

Stoic

abhilegend
Adam beats the crap out of Surfer

DarkSaint85

ODG
I have a sneaking suspicion that this has to do with Superman-related butthurt. Even though across several threads, Superman isn't in any of them.

Anyway, Silver Surfer wins.

MrMind
Originally posted by abhilegend
Adam beats the crap out of Surfer
Originally posted by ODG
I have a sneaking suspicion that this has to do with Superman-related butthurt. Even though across several threads, Superman isn't in any of them.

Anyway, Silver Surfer wins.

fight fight fight

popcorn ready

carver9
Surfer stomps

MrMind
Originally posted by carver9
Surfer stomps

explain

abhilegend
Surfer stomps
In his dreams after Adam beats the crap out of him

abhilegend

Philosophía
Adam beats the crap out of Surfer Surfer would just brag that he doesn't need to pee or shit as he's getting the beatdown, to Adam's frustration.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yes, Adam's extreme fighting skill. It's strange that you suddenly forget your argument that skill between a relative neophyte and a combat trainer can tip the balance.

Intangibility? Versatility? Are you in need of your hat?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Intangibility? Versatility? Are you in need of your hat?

Hercules could do the same to Sentry with his skill, as could Okoye and Fat Cobra.

Do you need your hand held?

Stoic
Looks like that thread fried your brain. The Surfer can remain intangible. While the Surfer is intangible, he can still assault his opponent. Are we on the same page, or are we stuck in another topic?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Looks like that thread fried your brain. The Surfer can remain intangible. While the Surfer is intangible, he can still assault his opponent. Are we on the same page, or are we stuck in another topic?

Show me the rules where surfer gets to start intangible.

Stoic

DarkSaint85

qwertyuiop1998
The rules say CIS still apply. So the question is Does Surfer have enough showings that suggest he *will* go intangible/or other abilities before Adam (presumably )beats him?

Stoic

abhilegend

DarkSaint85

Astner
A lightning bolt isn't doing shit to someone who can create stars with a wave of his hand.

https://i.imgur.com/qdF1oq0m.png

- Silver Surfer: Black #1

Even if you want to equate Black Adam's speed and strength to Silver Surfer (which is fair) it doesn't account for the sheer versatility-advantage Surfer has: He can make and unmake matter, he can warp spacetime, choose not to interact with matter and energy it (become intangible and undetectable).

Originally posted by Astner
Considering he could just generate a black hole like he did against the Genocide Wave, and I don't think anyone would be powerful or quick enough to stop him.

https://i.imgur.com/00Axp4Xm.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/k5xQHiIm.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/3Pknng4m.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/woFLJCjm.jpg

- Annihilation: Silver Surfer #1

StiltmanFTW
It's a magical lightning bolt.

Your silly math doesn't apply here.

abhilegend
A lightning bolt isn't doing shit to someone who can create stars with a wave of his hand.

https://i.imgur.com/qdF1oq0m.png

- Silver Surfer: Black #1
Adam has enough power to rend the fabric of the entire omniverse.

https://postimg.cc/VJmSXSRy
https://postimg.cc/Z9qCD12V

Its a future version though. In present he oneshot koed Pariah.

https://i.postimg.cc/w7qsR5hc/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/JtPzgfkZ/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/w7MjdwXP/image.jpg

Surfer would get vaporized by such an attack.

abhilegend
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Your silly math doesn't apply here.
Yeah, not to mention Surfer has been hurt by regular lightning before.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1kxxo_LQoA4/VoTt2B1qctI/AAAAAAAAav0/9reSU23Q_AY/s1600-Ic42/RCO029.jpg

An air elemental kicked his ass.

https://i.postimg.cc/dkMpfk31/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/k6xzPJRy/image.jpg

Astner

Here we go again, flowery language without any substance is used to compensate for the fact that Black Adam have no actual feats on planet-level, let alone star-level like the Silver Surfer.

But if you insist on basing your arguments on this kind of evidence then Surfer can casually disrupt the DC Omniverse too, why? Because he's a time traveler (Silver Surfer #51, 1987), and that's apparently enough.

https://i.imgur.com/REwJow7m.png

- Flashpoint Beyond #5

DarkSaint85
Wasn't BA's lightning about to be used by Luthor to restart the Multiverse?

In any case, it's still magic, so all this talk of levels isn't a scientific process.

qwertyuiop1998
If by time-traveler you mean Flash, then didn't Barry need to absorb the entire Speed Force in order to trigger Flashpoint?

DarkSaint85
Wasn't Pandora also involved?

qwertyuiop1998
Not too sure about Pandora. But Flashpoint event was triggered when Barry had to pull the entire Speed Force to do so( and also needed to absorb it in order to undo it in Kid Flash's tie-ins IIRC)

Flash absorbed the entire Speed Force to stop Thawne, and by doing so, triggering the Flashpoint event
https://ibb.co/kJV5J32
https://ibb.co/gDJL4sS

Astner
No idea. But it wouldn't matter because it's unquantifiable. For all we know Luthor could've been able to restart the multiverse with some citric acid and tungsten. But it doesn't make these components anything more than what they are.

In any case, it's still magic, so all this talk of levels isn't a scientific process.
That's just an excuse. Whether it's magical or not we don't assume it carries enough power to disintegrate planets and stars unless it's explicitly been shown capable of doing so.

More relevantly Surfer's power gives him a degree of command over the very laws of physics that allows Black Adam to subsist as a living creature. It's not for nothing that he's written as a pacifist, because his conflicts would be very quickly resolved otherwise.

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
If by time-traveler you mean Flash, then didn't Barry need to absorb the entire Speed Force in order to trigger Flashpoint?
Any of the instances mentioned (Extant, Flash, Gog). And any time travel that makes a noticeable impact, e.g. Flash saving his mom, disrupts the omniverse, according to what the comic says.

This is not outside the power of the Silver Surfer, in fact it's something that he should be able to accomplish trivially. Point is, even if we assume it's quantifiable it's not outside of the Surfer's abilities.

That aside, it's not a fight because Black Adam doesn't operate on the scale the Surfer casually does. Black Adam doesn't destroy planets when he goes all out, nor is he able to create a star with a wave of his hand.

DarkSaint85
No idea. But it wouldn't matter because it's unquantifiable. For all we know Luthor could've been able to restart the multiverse with some citric acid and tungsten. But it doesn't make these components anything more than what they are.

That's just an excuse. Whether it's magical or not we don't assume it carries enough power to disintegrate planets and stars unless it's explicitly been shown capable of doing so.

More relevantly Surfer's power gives him a degree of command over the very laws of physics that allows Black Adam to subsist as a living creature. It's not for nothing that he's written as a pacifist, because his conflicts would be very quickly resolved otherwise.

No, but you are assumin/implying it takes planetary level magic to hurt Surfer. Which is wrong.

And magic ignores the rules of physics which allow Surfer to subsist as a living creature.

Good point on his character though.

qwertyuiop1998

Any of the instances mentioned (Extant, Flash, Gog). And any time travel that makes a noticeable impact, e.g. Flash saving his mom, disrupts the omniverse, according to what the comic says.

This is not outside the power of the Silver Surfer, in fact it's something that he should be able to accomplish trivially.

Yeah, but Flash needed to absorb the entire Speed Force to do a noticeable impact, Extant has entropy to collapse the entire timestream, Gog broke the barrier of Hypertime and beat Mxy

We also have some cases indicate you can't change the timeline under normal circumstances in DC, unless you have enough powers(Flash absorbed SF) or specific powersets(Thawne can do that, but even he can do that, he didn't change the timeline on a crisis-level)

The timeline can't be changed under normal circumstances, Thawne could because his powerset and he killed Barry's mother.

The same writer wrote Flash absorbed the entire SF to change history in order to save his mother and triggered Flashpoint

https://ibb.co/qNbFfgh
https://ibb.co/JdYLJ7z

So even you assume Surfer can time-travel in Marvel. It is hard to transfer it to DC. Since the rules of DC are different from Marvel
And it is also hard to say Surfer can do this on a crisis-level....since Thawne, who is also changing the timeline all the damn time, hasn't trigger a crisis-level time change yet

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Cyborg laughed at Surfer smile and hurt him smile Adam wastes him in DC the dials go up to 11 smile

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock This thread is... so old!

carver9
Surfer have so many options while being able to match Adam in speed and strength (and having a durability edge). If Surfer loses this, he chose to lose.

abhilegend
Here we go again, flowery language without any substance is used to compensate for the fact that Black Adam have no actual feats on planet-level, let alone star-level like the Silver Surfer.

He's got omniversal level feats, slightly bigger than star level I guess.

laughing out loud

This is a reach, even for you.

abhilegend

Nah, it was his connection to wizard Shazam who had become the part of the magic itself.

abhilegend

Surfer destroyed a planet and created a small star. Hardly enough to take him over a rookie Lantern, forget about Black Adam.

What the hell are you talking about Jesse?

We don't transfer feats just because you like it.

So, he's basically a rookie green Lantern level when he's going all out?

Wave of his hands? He got drained of his power creating a small sun.

https://postimg.cc/Xr0JBtX3

Not even Kyle Rayner level.

abhilegend
Surfer have so many options while being able to match Adam in speed and strength (and having a durability edge). If Surfer loses this, he chose to lose.
laughing out loud

This isn't hulk we are talking about.

h1a8
Surfer have so many options while being able to match Adam in speed and strength (and having a durability edge). If Surfer loses this, he chose to lose. If BA just sit there for the first 5 seconds and let Surfer do his worst (can't use the board to attack)
Then do you think Surfer can ko or greatly damage BA?
If so give 1 way he can.

Philosophía
This thread will now be The Rock themed.

Magic affects Surfer even when he's intangible.

https://i.postimg.cc/PpQN8KHm/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/2Ljydvjg/image.jpg

Adam vaporizes him with a Shazam bolt.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Your silly math doesn't apply here. Intangibility. Rocks. Hmmm.

Let's see...

https://i.ibb.co/PMpvrdK/b-Y10-xciz-Pc9-U4dwhh-GRmv1n9n-Ado-Pz3m9-H3-Wu-EIDYLnfsox9rc-U4-Fj19-SG8-Pb-TBEC2-K4i-IPDpdm-Vvu-Z5l.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/jkKSmTK/3-YVIONWUB-Yp-CN98h-KPHKwo-LOKRPlqb-DXiv-CT2-F3-Ts-Rv4-Jm-EUCY7-Yy-n1-Bf-Fc-Nq-NL3-QPdgt-Vw-PNMYZ2-J.jpg https://i.ibb.co/LvNWp5W/o7kcq-IK9hdp-Jm-ROs-Flh-I7-WXmv-Bb-Ye-GIo-LO656v-Soz-WQm7-Ux-DSGYD1a0lc-Md90-L8a-Qn-hk-SEi-lc-Fjb-AF.jpg

Philosophía
Yeah, not to mention Surfer has been hurt by regular lightning before.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1kxxo_LQoA4/VoTt2B1qctI/AAAAAAAAav0/9reSU23Q_AY/s1600-Ic42/RCO029.jpg

An air elemental kicked his ass.

https://postlmg.cc/dkMpfk31
https://postimg.cc/k6xzPJRy

Lightning, wind.. but what about Rocks? We're talking about the Rock here.

Rocks, abhi.

https://i.ibb.co/j5z0x3B/hc9i3h-E2-Jcdns-P4c-VASah-7-K20l-SUdl-Ax-OVH6juxb56-Xs-Xzg-Rgu-QHIy-EFgs-VUl-HUNS1galn-Iv5j-s1600-rh.jpg https://i.ibb.co/s174r0q/i-Ik-lq47-Kmgyzr9-EQu6s-Zw-PTum-DNCZz-Ozc9b-No-Dx-Vtj-AUzrhi-Fqsg-PMXBJ4-KQOFYp3-5-Xdx-V-Jwh-s1600-r.jpg https://i.ibb.co/bg59Xn4/DLMMd-S9bdxu-DKP2i-Xiq9-BK0g-ufu-Te-REF28-Gb72a-JIme-TAx9di-KBKrxhsjp3ym-p-R9-ENx-JKm-V9-R-s1600-rhl.jpg https://i.ibb.co/XXjFqrs/V2-TJB3o3o-PHSC33k-SIS1r-RF4-Opdu-Ttpql-Zoe-Bq1-Tp-KJG-Hg-Ru-HGAM9i-Hi-P14o-K41-Wdx-R33-LDw-JG-s1600.jpg

Or, well, just rocks. 30 tons of them!

https://i.ibb.co/0JcMgXJ/8-Qeaafqi-S-o8-LV3nk-Q3fc73deml-TRzxcwqi011mfn6-CQ1-YIr8n9-QNi-Cm-Dy-OR1t-Sgz-Ga-Vjt3-Oia-Elf-UVVJ5.jpg https://i.ibb.co/nkF35rh/Bd-I4b-IGk6-5-Hcg-T4k-MNIx-Pb-PXbyduhe-A1-Dx1-Je2-A3-Rn0-A3ss6-FPNC223408-Kqp-WJt-Ojy-RBXSl-ap-AZU-w.jpg https://i.ibb.co/txXYPQh/l-Lq-ZUdxz-Qr8-Es0kxi-AMNXWJs-I5-Rp-VYKEIEKCsbn0-g-Cr78gp-Pa-Khjgkp-Vy-WHWRf-WHXINa-Vf-WBSHPMOui-X5d.jpg https://i.ibb.co/gtcMggk/f-Vaylw-Zt-NLhb-Pyg-Gyb-z-Btj-HHM7-ZDta4-HOY62s3-D49-Io-R-BQFGTuj-Zd-Gp-Nx-KXx9-HZIk-OZVd2-Jey-P0-PE.jpg

abhilegend

Smurph
A brick is basically just a rectangular rock

Philosophía
laughing out loud

How about a random gun?

https://i.postimg.cc/9z66FW6Z/SS-v3-015-17a.jpg No abhi. NO. Just rocks. Even space rocks are ok.

https://i.ibb.co/q1HfShF/Ygz-Xm-QAe568srbs-Py-Xf0er-H8-Xq-EUs-Iq3-Or-FOMN9x-Fh-DQf-OOq9-XOSXqt-C4x85-UPs-p-Vg4-PFVWi5d-s1600.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/3RtwCcL/z-OF6lg45u-Zn5v-6u-PQ-7-E7qplik-SUmo-Nq-REny-Nf-Ce-ZUo-P-m4gt-Qeok5-GG8-A-k0207-A6-Tmi7-Et0vh-s1600.jpg

Even ROCK Golems with a water weakness that cosmic awareness doesn't detect:

https://i.ibb.co/WGpKsNC/j-E6-z81g6peln-NVvu-Va3i-Fxb-H-k-Vrja-Kn7n-LXDtif-Zu-Voza7y-Tz-UI8s1v-XZf5-OAr-Qei-7t-Qve-s1600-rhlu.jpg https://i.ibb.co/JqhPcc0/g-As6no-D8i-B05pj5-Nk-RC2icx-REg8-Aq-Knk-A41w-Iu-Lom-Oawu-AOUfeo180-QJe-ZA2-Nvxtuz5j3f8-XW5d-X-s1600.jpg https://i.ibb.co/6HnvQH8/Bx-YLMAa9-Jp-Re-QWLunbyp-CQ2-Ari-N0-X-ooi-SAi1du18cc-B0ox-Zhho-EXTLp-CM2l-OGC4-Df-ITHMQ1-Eh-s1600-rh.jpg

Even FANTASTIC rocks are ok.

Rocks. Rocks. Rocks.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Smurph
A brick is basically just a rectangular rock laughing out loud

Rock KARNAGE!

Smurph
what is Thing if not one big rock? mmm

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/original/11139/111394922/7551632-8bb94476-a6d3-4828-97c8-39b83f25423c.jpeg

abhilegend

Philosophía
Originally posted by Smurph
what is Thing if not one big rock? mmm

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/original/11139/111394922/7551632-8bb94476-a6d3-4828-97c8-39b83f25423c.jpeg thumb up

The ROCK is omnipresent -- even Doom Surfer cannot run from it!

https://i.ibb.co/GHk776F/q-Ec-Jujx-Rt-Vr-Cb-J-13wv2j-Rqak-TOPhn-JQbzft3-Udm-Ecd-GFrja1-HKw5-U-Pd-OLF0ds8yx-54-BZ8-L0-Ft-s1600.jpg

laughing out loud

Yeah, it was always hilarious to watch marvel fans pretend none of this stuff matters because SUPERNOVA! BLACK HOLE!

How about a ROCK, throwing a ROCK with a strength beyond comprehension, while pulling his punches -- Holy shit, can the Universe withstand this?! What if the Rock went all out on the Rock?

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar13097_4.gif

https://i.ibb.co/VVxFHZn/LWy-LURDs-D9r8o-Zh-Ups0-N1h7-R-6ip-Dhi-S2byda0id4-EDa-Au-ZIXoi-Lx-Tek-S0-Ek436-J-Up-D8t4c-Ep-N-s1600.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/vsKHymm/c8u-Xe-IOKa-S3q-fn3-Vb0-WJhf4sxd-VATgc-MGa-VDz-Mf-Yd-Wcvzhupo-WEFSJD5-Zs-SPnz-XK6-Hk-LC78-Td-B-s1600.jpg

Stoic

Astner
Surfer destroyed a planet and created a small star.
Even if you want to assume that it's small, stars need to undergo hydrogen fusion at the core, which requires a minimum mass of roughly 75 Jupiter Masses.

Hardly enough to take him over a rookie Lantern, forget about Black Adam.
Where are you getting this from? Not even Atrocitus or Larfleeze have planet-level feats, and they were stronger than any Green Lantern. I'm sure you could find planet-level feats for Hal, John, and Kyle (due to their amount of exposure) but those would certainly not be as casual or as plentiful as the Silver Surfer's myriad of planet-busting feats.

Not to mention that your argument would be disingenuous even if it was true, because you implicitly acknowledge that Black Adam doesn't have the feats to compete with the Silver Surfer, and instead opt to scale the character in a medium where scaling is highly dubious at best and nonexistent at worst. DC isn't Dragon Ball, just because Batman punches out Wonder Woman doesn't mean that you can conclude that they're in the same weight-class.

What the hell are you talking about Jesse?
The Power Cosmic.

We don't transfer feats just because you like it.
You don't have to transfer anything. The DC Omniverse is threatened and disrupted by time travel. Given the context, it's not an impressive feat.

So, he's basically a rookie green Lantern level when he's going all out?

Wave of his hands? He got drained of his power creating a small sun.

https://postimg.cc/Xr0JBtX3

Not even Kyle Rayner level.
You're comparing a Kyle's construct with a diameter of roughly 10 meters (the purpose of which was to ward off vampires) to an actual star because he dubbed it an "Artificial Sun?" Are you serious?

DarkSaint85
Even if you want to assume that it's small, stars need to undergo hydrogen fusion at the core, which requires a minimum mass of roughly 75 Jupiter Masses.

Where are you getting this from? Not even Atrocitus or Larfleeze have planet-level feats, and they were stronger than any Green Lantern. I'm sure you could find planet-level feats for Hal, John, and Kyle (due to their amount of exposure) but those would certainly not be as casual or as plentiful as the Silver Surfer's myriad of planet-busting feats.

Not to mention that your argument would be disingenuous even if it was true, because you implicitly acknowledge that Black Adam doesn't have the feats to compete with the Silver Surfer, and instead opt to scale the character in a medium where scaling is highly dubious at best and nonexistent at worst. DC isn't Dragon Ball, just because Batman punches out Wonder Woman doesn't mean that you can conclude that they're in the same weight-class.

The Power Cosmic.

You don't have to transfer anything. The DC Omniverse is threatened and disrupted by time travel. Given the context, it's not an impressive feat.

You're comparing a Kyle's construct with a diameter of roughly 10 meters (the purpose of which was to ward off vampires) to an actual star because he dubbed it an "Artificial Sun?" Are you serious?

So you're arguing scaling doesn't work...

Then attempt to use scaling? Huh.

Astner
So you're arguing scaling doesn't work...

Then attempt to use scaling? Huh.
No. I did the scaling first to showcase that it would be detrimental to his position even if it was legitimate, before pointing out that it wasn't.

The fact that Abhi has to resort to other character's feats is an indirect concession that Black Adam doesn't have those kinds of feats, or if he does, he's not aware of them. That's all that needs to be said, Surfer wins in terms of feats.

DarkSaint85
But you are scaling things to 'planetary' and 'star' levels.

Astner
But you are scaling things to 'planetary' and 'star' levels.
Those are tiers, and characters don't "scale to tiers," they're placed in tiers.

Scaling is inferring a character's ability to replicate another character's feats based on the premise that they're more powerful.

abhilegend

No assumption, it's directly stated to be an infant star.

https://i.postimg.cc/15VJ8s5Y/image.jpg

Hold the line bucko, we are talking about rookie Lanterns here. No need to bring up Larfleeze.

laughing out loud

They're far better actually. Wanna find out?

Adam oneshotting Pariah is better than anything Surfer has ever done. Just one feat, forget about the rest of his feats.

Meaningless.

Its power was compared to the big bang itself but yeah Rip Hunter is omniversal level because now we want to use scaling.

Yes, how big was Surfer's totally natural star? How many jupiter masses did Kyle create?

qwertyuiop1998
I like the fact that Omniverse is fragile because Flash(whom amped by entire SF)/Gog/Extant/Dr Manhattan did it. I.E, getting scaling down

While Surfer created an *infant* sun puts him at star-level, despite judged by the scans posted in this thread, he has many feats that suggest otherwise.....Maybe suns in Marvel are also fragile?

abhilegend
No. I did the scaling first to showcase that it would be detrimental to his position even if it was legitimate, before pointing out that it wasn't.

The fact that Abhi has to resort to other character's feats is an indirect concession that Black Adam doesn't have those kinds of feats, or if he does, he's not aware of them. That's all that needs to be said, Surfer wins in terms of feats.
laughing out loud

Its not scaling.

https://i.postimg.cc/w7qsR5hc/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/JtPzgfkZ/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/w7MjdwXP/image.jpg

Pariah was directly stated to be more powerful than Empty Hand and Darkseid and actually survived the destruction of the entire multiverse before his power up at the hands of Great Darkness.

abhilegend
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
I like the fact that Omniverse is fragile because Flash(whom amped by entire SF)/Gog/Extant/Dr Manhattan did it. I.E, getting scaling down

While Surfer created an *infant* sun puts him at star-level, despite judged by the scans posted in this thread, he has many feats that suggest otherwise.....Maybe suns in Marvel are also fragile?
Not to mention a small star makes Surfer 75 jupiter mass level but Kyle creating an artificial sun makes him "are you serious" level.

abhilegend
Let's compare GLs with Surfer again because that's always fun.

Let's start with black holes.

A living galaxy throws a group of GLs through its supermassive black hole which swallows multiple planets. Bonus, its written by the same writer who had Surfer repeatedly struggle against black hole (Steve Englehart). Green Lantern Corps 217/218.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/qNFkMSc
A rookie GL saves himself and his entire planet in a black hole for years. Green Lantern New Corps 2.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/pjcy60S
A rookie lantern tanks a supernova but is killed by the resultant black hole. Green Lantern Corps Recharge 1.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/pFqJfG4
Soranik Natu survives a supernova and a black hole. GLC recharge 1
https://postimg.cc/gallery/JsF0TyB
Isamot and Vath survive a black hole and a supernova. GLC recharge 2.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/JrW4wZ7
Guy Gardner goes through a black hole.
https://postimg.cc/KKthzRJp
A group of lanterns go through a supermassive black hole which destroys entire multiverse at 20% power level and down. Final Crisis 5/6/7.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/XBbHkVb
Several Lanterns including SInestro , Simon Baz and B'dg survive within chamber of shadows which is inside a black hole. Green Lantern v5 18
https://postimg.cc/gallery/3hCrp1H
Jessica Cruz survive a black hole and Simon Baz pulls her out of the black hole. Green Lanterns 36.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/ZSKqkRC

Surfer

Also as no Surfer fan dared to do this, let me post Surfer's interactions with black holes.

Good feats, fights inside a black hole and uses black hole as a wormhole. Resists the pull of a black hole.

https://i.postimg.cc/svcwPBMv/31fc2789b640868ac010bf3081cceae9.png https://i.postimg.cc/Wd1S52ZS/9ffad9504815aab1f991239aceaf1ec0.png https://i.postimg.cc/Bt2h67s5/a59235ca5e153ad78bc27612f1427858.png

Bad ones: Got almost crushed to death until Galactus saves him. From SS v3 9.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/m1vLLsy

Koed by the same black hole in SS v3 15.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/msFySwx

Had to use Lord Chaos and Master Order's help to get through the same black hole in SS v3 18.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/SqSj1yP

KOed by collision with a black hole.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/BS7w2Sy

Knocked out trying to enter a black hole from SS v4 5/6.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1S0WSH3

Unable to deal with a tiny black hole as per his own admission. Star Masters 2.

https://postimg.cc/jWdFGH7V

Got almost killed by a black hole. Silver Surfer Black Director's cut 1.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/WjYHzcd

abhilegend
And of course triggering a supernova and holding it in his shields.

http://imgur.com/a/lLEBi

Or a quantum singularity.

http://imgur.com/a/0C22d Originally posted by abhilegend
Oblivion also creates a black hole casually.

http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/25418466_01-green_lantern__circle_of_fire_27.jpg http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/25418467_01-green_lantern__circle_of_fire_28.jpg

And something bigger, like a Quasar.

http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/25418469_08-2_green_lantern_-_circle_of_fire_02_27.jpg http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/25418470_08-2_green_lantern_-_circle_of_fire_02_28.jpg

The punchline? He is just a construct who is using Kyle's power to do it.

http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/25418468_08-2_green_lantern_-_circle_of_fire_02_21.jpg

Yeah, Kyle can create constructs who can create black holes and quasars.

Why is surfer more powerful again, eh?
How is this not an energy projection feat?

http://i.imgur.com/q0sQLW2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pCfhfA6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BGqOqDz.jpg

But meh, planet busting!!!!

Astner
No assumption, it's directly stated to be an infant star.
Why are you pulling out the script when the scan says the same thing?

https://i.imgur.com/JGhYBKB.png

That said, infant doesn't mean small. It means young. Which makes sense considering it was newly created, and unless a star externally accretes more mass during its lifetime it's at its largest during its infant-state because it continuously radiates mass-energy over its lifetime.

https://i.imgur.com/KTqtdUK.png

That said, even if we assume that it was a small star it wouldn't matter, because it would still be many orders of magnitude beyond any of Black Adam's quantifiable feats.

Hold the line bucko, we are talking about rookie Lanterns here. No need to bring up Larfleeze.
Funny, because Larfleeze doesn't have the feats to compete with Surfer either.

They're far better actually. Wanna find out?
Yeah, show me.

Adam oneshotting Pariah is better than anything Surfer has ever done. Just one feat, forget about the rest of his feats.
No, it's not.

Its power was compared to the big bang itself but yeah Rip Hunter is omniversal level because now we want to use scaling.
Omniversal but not quite planet-level. Which, again, points to omniversal not being particularly impressive or meaningful when it comes to DC.

Don't blame me. I didn't write Flashpoint Beyond #5.

Yes, how big was Surfer's totally natural star?
We don't know. But a fair assumption would be at least that of a small star.

How many jupiter masses did Kyle create?
If it had any then it was negligible because it didn't tear apart the planet with its gravity. Oh, sorry, you wanted to make up a mass for it?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>