Why Is It A War???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Budgie
OK. Hi folks. first time poster here....

Why at the end of AOTC does Yoda say that the clone war has begun?

Surely there is no war because all the republic has to do is go back to geonosis and wipe out the remaining droids. There is no clone war because the clones are on the good side. (In the OT it was hinted that the clone wars were the jedi versus the clones but this hasn't happened.)

Please clarify for me.....

laos76
Episode III will clarify....... smokin'

Emperor Helmet
There are thousands of other systems that have joined the separatists. It isn't just Geonosis.

Gundark
And all these systems that will eventually form the Empire....

Dexx
The clone war is Separatists vs Republic...the main ideea

Ushgarak
Yoda very clearly specified that if Dooku escaped he would rally many other systems to his cause.

queeq
Indeed. And there are plenty of battle droids, droideka's and Super Battle droids around to fight some fights, I'm sure.

mah
at the end of AOTC the republic looked more like the empire than the seperatists did.

queeq
Which is the very idea.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
well of course under lead by palpy. must be allowed to point out the obvious!big grin

queeq
I really really think GL thought out an excellent plot, using this probably self-founded separatist movements to wipe out all major power organisations in the universe. I like it.

Mujaffa
begun this clonewar has

please follow continue in EpIII

King Jedi
Who's to say there won't be other clone armies in Ep3?

Ushgarak
Well, we rather assume there will be. Only I hope that the next batch is far bigger than one million or else the clones are going to be totally outnumbered! It all depends on how much was already ordered, of course.

King Jedi
I meant clone armies fighting on both sides.

Ushgarak
Ahhh... hmmm... I don't think the story needs any MORE complication at this point!

Bespin Bart
Plus, the clonetroopers pretty much wiped out the battle droids and they were still somewhat outnumbered. It's pretty easy to make a bunch of battle droids really fast. It's harder to make fully trained clones really fast.

yerssot
yeah, Ush, my first idea exactly...

1.2 million clones... that's a lot, but if you talk 'bout GALAXY wise, you can hardly control one planet with it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.