A-Z of Video Nasties

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
Click here for a list of 39 films that were banned as video nasties :

www.hysteria-lives.co.uk/hysterialives/Hysteria/slasher_nasties_4.html

MildPossession
I've only seen 25 of those in the list.

BREN
guys check out some of my older postings i own em all from the 80s when they were first released originally 81 titles were banned and prosecuted smile,the dpp were so inept that they and the police even mistakenly tried to prosecte movies like the war movie the big red 1 and the romce movie endless love sad

papabeard
Ive seen 24 from the list

papabeard
Some other films banned by the BBFC :

www.melonfarmers.co.uk/rejected.htm

www.melonfarmers.co.uk/rejfilms.htm

WindDancer
Great list! Some are very familiar while the others I haven't even heard. I kinda surprise Blood sucking freaks was not included.

BackFire
Why are none of the Gunea Pig films on that list?

The second Guinea Pig movie was banned in America for a short period of time while the government investigated whether it was a real snuff film or not.

Otherwise, solid list.

romper_stomper
the thing about the original video nasties list is that a lot of the films werent even that nasty,of course there are exceptions,cannibal holocaust
i spiton your grave,but for the most part nowadays a lot of these films are being rereleased uncut

BREN
that list guys are banned movies that were initially released on video between 80-83 movies like blood sucking freaks etc werent released in the uk on video ,that list are of movies that were released on british video in that time frame and in 1983 were outright banned when video first started in the uk around 1980 movies on video didnt have to go through the censors so if the distributors print was uncut,it was an uncut print that got released ,some distributors had prints that were of the uk cinema versions and had been through the censor,but most werent submitted so u had movies like: anthropophagous,cannibal holocaust,ferox,apocalypse,the burning,absurd,etc all released fully uncut ,so in 1983 the powers that be brought in the video recordings act meaning anything previously released or going to be released had to have been thru the censor and aquire a legal video certificate.

cropsy_is_god
Ive got alot of the nasties and am still wondering why alot of them were banned. Cannibal films and rape films ok there ****ed up to an extent but the likes of the burning bay of blood pranks & zombie films should never have been banned.

LizzyT123
he he he......I've only seen 3 on there....Evil Dead, Don't Look In The Basement, and The Funhouse. I like them all smile

cropsy_is_god
There was no point in banning any of those films.

papabeard
Anyone know of any other banned films that are not on the list?

ladygrim
ive seen vast majority of them but only own one of them

cropsy_is_god
I own all the ones ive seen.

cropsy_is_god
Has Zombie flesh eaters ever been released uncut in the UK. I got a copy in Virgin that say's 'Extreme Version' does anyone know if it's uncut

MildPossession
It avaliable uncut here in the UK. The extreme version is apparently edited.

cropsy_is_god
Cool. The rest of the video nasties should be out uncut in the UK.

steverules
I want all those movies. Even if they are banned here I'll go some where where they aren't banned.

cropsy_is_god
If you have a multi region dvd player you can get unrated versions of all the video nasties on ebay. I have most of them.

cropsy_is_god
I just got Evilspeak today and for the life of me i can't see why this film was ever banned. No gore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.