Supermans Costume

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

brice7
What do you think of it and his disguise, Nothing but glasses Good??

batman band blowup

jedi90
its kinda of clever. people aren't as observant as you may think. i wear a uniform to work everyday and the minute i'm in regular clothes it takes awhile for folks to recognize me. the same can be applied to superman. he goes from slouching wearing glasses with corporate gray and blue suits to a bright blue, red, and yellow outfit. with a huge "S" and long red cape. you are not going to pay much attention to his face.

Jargon343
But eventually, someone would notice. Especially in the situations were Kent walks out the door and a split second later Superman flies in the window.

jedi90
Originally posted by Jargon343
But eventually, someone would notice. Especially in the situations were Kent walks out the door and a split second later Superman flies in the window.

u just proved my point. kent is such a plain, dork, nobody notices him.

Jargon343
Originally posted by jedi90
u just proved my point. kent is such a plain, dork, nobody notices him.

All I proved is that it's essential to the Superman comics that no one knows Clark Kent is Superman.

Jargon343
here, make your own decisions.

Theisos
As far as i'm concerned, I don't care if gladiator were more powerful indeed than Superman. I don't care if there's 20 million beings more powerful than Superman. What some people fail to understand is that Superman is an idol. He's the guy that's never going to give up fighting for us. He's the adamant soldier that won't back down even if it costs him his life. Spiderman can do the same, but he has nowhere near the responsibility Superman has. Supes fights for a planet that isn't his own, for what they gave to him in the form of a home. And you can always rely on him. Always.

At least that's how i see Superman.

~wickerman~

Jargon343
alright...what does that have to do with his costume

alexanderluthor
Jargon!!!! what a nice picture you got there man!!!!! real nice

brice7
Originally posted by Theisos
As far as i'm concerned, I don't care if gladiator were more powerful indeed than Superman. I don't care if there's 20 million beings more powerful than Superman. What some people fail to understand is that Superman is an idol. He's the guy that's never going to give up fighting for us. He's the adamant soldier that won't back down even if it costs him his life. Spiderman can do the same, but he has nowhere near the responsibility Superman has. Supes fights for a planet that isn't his own, for what they gave to him in the form of a home. And you can always rely on him. Always.

At least that's how i see Superman.

~wickerman~

What happened to your pink writing, wickerman?

Ashly Williams
Jargon, excellent picture. He actualy is disguised well, isn't he?

brice7
Originally posted by Ashly Williams
Jargon, excellent picture. He actualy is disguised well, isn't he?

WOW!!... I still think marvel costumes are better!!

brice7
Originally posted by brice7
What happened to your pink writing, wickerman?

I said... What happened to your writing..... Someone get this person to answer my question!!!

((The_Anomaly))
actually after looking at that split picture, clark and supes do look a lot different if you put ur hand in the way and block out one, you know what i mean, cover half the picture and look at it, then do the same to the other half.

they do look a lot different...

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Jargon343
here, make your own decisions. kewl

josepht
his glasses help him... he has hyptonic powers if he takes them off people see him as a big dude

roughrider
I've been a proponent of some changes to Supes outfit - taking away the red drawers, eliminating the yellow in favour of black etc. There is one picture floating around here that does this, and the Justice League cartoon showed one Superman from another dimension who had a white cape, and dark-blue to black suit, which I liked. But check out this Bill Sienkiewicz painting, where its teal instead of navy blue. He gives off more glow of power, it's subtle. And it made me think; the past Superman movies always used a lighter blue. That could be a single change which wouldn't be that radical.

TheKahn
This is my favorite superman costume
http://www.thekryptonian.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=8&userid=

Mindship
I also very much like the costume TheKahn posted.

I also really like the costume from Godfall.

If nothing else, the red swimming trunks gotta go.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Mindship
I also very much like the costume TheKahn posted.

I also really like the costume from Godfall.

If nothing else, the red swimming trunks gotta go. Lose the cape and the trunks.

brainchild81
He looks so much cooler like this.

brainchild81
This has a cape, but is still better than what he currently wears.

brainchild81
From Batman Beyond

TheKahn
Still better than the current

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by TheKahn
Still better than the current

Thats the costume they should use on him.
Its a great design.

brainchild81
Originally posted by TheKahn
Still better than the current That's one of the best caped costumes I've ever seen. Superman should wear gloves.

Bardock42
This would be my favorite:

Blair Wind
yep the godfall superman costume is my fav.

Hegemon875
Black would never be included in the regular continuity it wouldnt make sense for a character like superman to have a black costume.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Hegemon875
Black would never be included in the regular continuity it wouldnt make sense for a character like superman to have a black costume.
He did have a Black Costume for sometime though.....What the f**k?

brainchild81
Originally posted by Bardock42
This would be my favorite: Cool, but I think it'd be better if it covered more of his neck. Also, Supes should've never had "Fabio" hair. His original hairstyle is better. Thor and Doc Samson are the only dudes that should be allowed to have long hair. Bearded Aquaman also.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Bardock42
He did have a Black Costume for sometime though.....What the f**k?

In the regular continuity? When?

((The_Anomaly))
Godfall and Ultimate superman are the best costumes.

but i like the kingdom supes emblem better then the current one, thats why i like the ultimate costume the best.

brice7
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Godfall and Ultimate superman are the best costumes.

but i like the kingdom supes emblem better then the current one, thats why i like the ultimate costume the best.

Ultimate Spider-Man?? that is just a cheap knockoff of the original.

nate100
On one of my frequent geek off moments i was looking (some would say too closely) at the picture of Routh as Superman when he is climbing the steps and i noticed on the heel of his boots is what looks like the Superman emblem on each boot.

Does this not seem like a little too much symbol use to anyone else considering the belt buckle.

of course, there is the possibility i am sooooooooo wrong with this but i thought id see what you all think.

Jargon343
Originally posted by Hegemon875
In the regular continuity? When?

After he came back from the dead, in 'The Return of Superman'. He's wearing the black costume featured above.

Lord Shadow Z
I don't know why but I think the proper costume works the way it is. All these other pictures of different costumes look weird on him- I mean, other than some mystical force bestowing a costume on him I don't see any reason for him to change it because he's got to be seen as an easily recognisable figure to Metropolis or he'll look like some other muscle-bound superhero flying around.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.