c3p0

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth fester
OK so here are the facts c3p0 had been living on the lars homestead and he recognised padme and anakin even though he had not seen them for 10 years
so it comes back to the same old question in a new hope how come he didn't say oh master own its me c3p0 I used to live here and also on the subject of the lars home anakins mother was buried there so don't you think it is not a very good place to hide the young Luke skywalker what if Vader had returned to see the grave and stumbled upon him you know how powerful the dark side is he could have sussed out Luke was his son

I hope in episode 3 George does something with the droids that erases their memory otherwise I'm going to be very disappointed

Dexx
all this thinkin' about who he should've remembered but didn't and why ..and how instead it should have been........it makes me dizzy....woo
*faints*

LaurenE147
Their memories would have to have been erased. It is actually pretty likely now because the droids had been left begind at the Geonasian Arena.

Bespin Bart
Well, they were at Anakin's wedding.

And what does them being left behind at the Arena have to do with anything?

Jedi Mercenary
Well, I bet Luke knows about the grave.

Captain REX
Unless Owen and Beru know where it is so they took down the grave stones so that Luke wouldn't know about his family's horrible past.

I noticed something about the graves. There's three. Shmi, Cliegg's dead wife, and then a smaller grave. A dead child maybe? confused

Or Cliegg's severed leg? laughing out loud

Jedi Mercenary
I don't think that Luke would be affected by his grandma's grave, it wouldn't show him his family's "horrible past".

Mujaffa
maybe they don't tell him who's in the grave....
or just the grave with clieggs foot

Bespin Bart
laughing out loud

Gundark
I wondered about that third stone in another thread. I could only guess at another child, perhaps killed in an accident or even stillborn, who knows ? Is it in the novel ? I haven't read the bloody thing yet.

Captain REX
I haven't read to that yet. I think I'll skip ahead.

LaurenE147
It's not in the novel.

And if they had been left at the Arena then they would have been taken by someone else, taken into their service, and possibly the new owners would have erased the memories.

finti
What is the big deal, your grandmother was killed by Tusken Raiders, guess Tusken killing raids happens once in a while at Tatooine.

Emperor Helmet
3PO has never met Obi-Wan, and he really has no idea who R2 is. R2 knows who he is though.

C2-B1
A little while ago at theforce.net, they had some information about an interview someone had with George Lucas about Episode 3 in which George Lucas said that the droids would get their memory erased.

jedi fernando
why does DARTH VADER stop Bobba Fett from shooting chewbacca with 3po on his back at the freezing chamber in ESB?

does he remember he built c-3po?

Captain REX
Or maybe he didn't want a howling Wookiee and stray blaster fire. But, yes, it's a possibility he remembers 3PO. But when GL made ESB, he didn't know that he'd have Anakin/Vader build him in TPM.

General Kaliero
It's actually quite evident that at least 3PO got his memory erased: "I frankly don't know what he's talking about. Our last master was Bail Antillies..."
I just don't see how they erased Ben's memory. laughing out loud

yerssot
they got both erased, GL quote

Ushgarak
Kaliero, he says CAPTAIN Antilles, as in the guy Vader kills on the Tantive IV.

General Kaliero
Why would a Rebel captain own a protocol droid and an astromech droid? roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot

greedo
LUKE: You know, I think that R2 unit we bought might have been stolen.

OWEN: What makes you think that?

LUKE: Well, I stumbled across a recording while I was cleaning him. He says he belongs to someone called Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Owen is greatly alarmed at the mention of his name, but
manages to control himself.

LUKE: I thought he might have meant old Ben. Do you know what he's talking about? Well, I wonder if he's related to Ben.

Owen breaks loose with a fit of uncontrolled anger.

OWEN: That old man's just a crazy old wizard. Tomorrow I want you to take that R2 unit into Anchorhead and have its memory flushed. That'll be the end of it. It belongs to us now.

I can see C3P0 getting his memory flushed before this scene but I don't think R2 ever did.

yerssot
Diaz tells us that tonight on E! News Live, George Lucas reveals a secret about C-3PO and R2-D2 from Episode 3!

Patrick Stinson: Anakin in Episode One created C3PO. In the original trilogy, C3PO doesn't recognize him as Darth Vader because...

George Lucas: Well, one, his brains have, his memory system has been erased and so has R2's. So, they don't remember anything from the first trilogy. I'm telling you something from Episode 3, but I shouldn't be telling you that, but I think most of the fans already know that.

and will everyone give it a rest now??? He told it himself!

Ushgarak
Why WOULDN'T the Captain of a diplomatic vessel own an astromech and protocol drods? Extremely handy for that job!

greedo
You have to check out this shot of a young 3P0...

http://www.thestarwarsgalaxy.com/hat_bg.jpg

General Kaliero
ROTFLMAO!!! laughing out loud

justinday15
C3PO acts like a girl.

yerssot
isn't he one?

GordonSkywalker
I don't think so, but he acts strange for some reason. Someone should go ask Anakin seeing as he built him to begin with! laughing out loud

yerssot
makes you doubt about anakin huh? big grin

GordonSkywalker
Yeah C3PO was already acting weird when we first met him- and when Anakin first showed him to Padme.

Julie
how so?

yerssot
"I'm not sure this floor is entirely stable"
yeah yeah wink

GordonSkywalker
Actually Threepio began his incessant chatter and acting odd the moment Anakin turned him on. No one really knows why he talks like that. Not even in the original Star Wars or subsequent spinoffs.

yerssot
makes you doubt about anakin too

GordonSkywalker
The boy was a genius in his own mind and he has C3PO to prove it!

yerssot
sure, no doubts there

GordonSkywalker
Just like Watto said about the boy.Somehow I suspect you already knew that.

yerssot
why?

GordonSkywalker
I assume you have seen The Phantom Menace?

yerssot
educated guess yes

GordonSkywalker
That was what I was talking about when I spoke of Watto. Your comment reminded me of him.

yerssot
really? people say I remind them of insanity big grin

GordonSkywalker
Not me my friend but in case you haven't noticed...I ain't a local boy.

yerssot
you're a farmer?

GordonSkywalker
I...am a musician.

yerssot
even better

cookies2006
What kind of musician gordon? and for yerssots understanding, i think gordon ment he was like you. Ya know, the insanity thing.

GordonSkywalker
I have played bass guitar and keyboards.

cookies2006
Cool! Lets get back to C3PO!

GordonSkywalker
Very well young one. C3PO had his memory flushed and that is why he did not recognise Owen Lars or Tattooine. George Lucas said that is what happened so it happened. End of story. eek!

yerssot
close this one smile

Ushgarak
Did GL say so? I can't remember. I remember him saying it was not all that important.

yerssot
he said it months ago, around the premier of AOTC, one of the first things he told us about EpIII
(it was even on jedipoodoo big grin)

Ushgarak
Okilydokily!

GordonSkywalker
George Lucas did indeed say that about the C3PO/R2D2 storyline.

yerssot
you still know when exactly?

GordonSkywalker
Maybe he said it on the Episode I DVD commentary but I don't remember now.....

yerssot
no, rather sure it was in an interview

GordonSkywalker
About the memory flushes you mean? Another thing: Why does Threepio retain the same basic personaility despite having obviously gone through several flushes throughout the Star Wars timeline?

yerssot
only one, and that still has to get into EpIII...
rest is EU
actualy, we know nothing about memory wipes, perhaps their character remains intact?

GordonSkywalker
Might be good to finally have it explained it in the movie. I kind of thought he was like that b/c Anakin made a mistake in building him.

yerssot
I doubt someone as talented as he makes such a mistake wink

GordonSkywalker
"Don't get me wrong...the boy has talent"...but he left before he could perfect the systems on C3PO.

yerssot
hmm, but the only thing he mentioned that should be done were the coverings

GordonSkywalker
True and I remember that dialogue but let me ask it this way: Were the other protocl droids in TPM acting like Threepio? The ones on the Trade Federation ship? seems to me we could compare Threepoio to the other ones to see if they all act like that.

yerssot
bad personality chip? wink

GordonSkywalker
Is there such a thing?

yerssot
I hope so laughing out loud

GordonSkywalker
Well it certainly would explain a lot! laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.