-=- Females, Don't Call a Guy "Cute" -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Acherontia
Its Demeaning to our Natural Ego, its repulsive, Makes us feel like a five year old, and not like a gun totin' Ass - kicking Rambo we all want to be.

So here's the Deal, Don't Call us "Cute" and We won't call you "Fine"

bardock
i just say ***** stand and deliver

Leo.M
I like being called cute though erm .... that's how the cuddling and flirting starts and then well... I'm sure you know the rest passion

Fallen Jedi
what's wrong with calling a guy cute? i do it all the time and they don't really seem to mind.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Leo.M
I like being called cute though erm .... that's how the cuddling and flirting starts and then well... I'm sure you know the rest passion

I don't mind being called cute, I've been called for worse. laughing

Alpha Centauri
I take compliments because I appreciate them.

But for those women who say they don't mind it, I say this: Get dressed up to go out, put on a really sexy dress you bought, make yourself look on spike, and think "Yeah, I look hot tonight" or are be proud of how you look...THEN try experiencing how demeaning it feels to be told "You look cute." You will now see why 'cute' is frowned upon. Ego or no ego, everybody likes to know within themselves that they made an effort once in a while, from my experience. So to have someone say it to you after you've made an effort is probably quite a shot.

The first post is BS, I don't like being spoken for. Though to be honest, cute is annoying word and term. Quite patronising also.

-AC

BlackC@t
Speak for yourself. I know tonnes of guys that like being called cute.

PVS
if people have to tiptoe around you when making compliments your ego is either grossly bloated or nonexistant. either way its your own damn problem

Alpha Centauri
You just contradicted yourself beyond any belief, Cat.

-AC

BlackC@t
Be a doll and kindly point that out smile

PVS
oh god no....here we go

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by BlackC@t

Saying speak for yourself and then speaking for many isn't normally a good way to go.

Agreed that said thread starter (because I believe you weren't addressing me) shouldn't generalise, but neither should anyone.

-AC

BlackC@t
Oh God, I awoke the beast...

Alpha Centauri
You awoke the beast?

Originally posted by BlackC@t

No...you asked me to point it out. I'm blame free here smile, no more need be said.

-AC

Ieatbabies
Babies are cute....

Acherontia
Sorry I generalized *rolleyes* MOST guys then.

Spelljammer
I get called cute all the time, personality wise anyway. Physichaly I'm uglier then a mule's ass.

I don't mind. I just wish I were "cute" enough to get them to fricking go out with me. sad

T.M
I got called 'Cute' the other day. Didn't bother me no

Clovie
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I take compliments because I appreciate them.

But for those women who say they don't mind it, I say this: Get dressed up to go out, put on a really sexy dress you bought, make yourself look on spike, and think "Yeah, I look hot tonight" or are be proud of how you look...THEN try experiencing how demeaning it feels to be told "You look cute." You will now see why 'cute' is frowned upon. Ego or no ego, everybody likes to know within themselves that they made an effort once in a while, from my experience. So to have someone say it to you after you've made an effort is probably quite a shot.

The first post is BS, I don't like being spoken for. Though to be honest, cute is annoying word and term. Quite patronising also.

-AC that makes sense.

but some guys do look cute and no thoer words fit them.

Dezdmona
Originally posted by Acherontia
Its Demeaning to our Natural Ego, its repulsive, Makes us feel like a five year old, and not like a gun totin' Ass - kicking Rambo we all want to be.

So here's the Deal, Don't Call us "Cute" and We won't call you "Fine" Ha. Don't complain. There are truely "demeaning" things you could be called. "Cute" should be the least of your worries! Take your compliments where you can get them.

Some people aren't deserving of their physical attributes. Don't worry, the "real" person inside will eventually make itself known.

DarkC
Originally posted by Fallen Jedi
what's wrong with calling a guy cute? i do it all the time and they don't really seem to mind.
It depends on the way women say it.

playmean
cute is an all purpose word..

DanieLs_4_Ever

I call Daniel cute, as well as beautiful, and he does the same back. It doesnt bother him I guess cause he knows its true and so do I rawr..

Spelljammer
Originally posted by DarkC
Jennifer says it like "awww!" Why I don't know, majority of the time I'm talking about how genocide was probably not such a bad thing because the less dumb ****s in the world, the better.

"Like a little baby Jesus!" XP

SteveDizzle
Originally posted by DarkC

Very True

Bardock42
Sorry I generalized *rolleyes* MOST guys then.

Still generalizing...but who cares.....oh yes...AC does

Lana
Originally posted by Clovie
that makes sense.

but some guys do look cute and no thoer words fit them.

yes

Anyway, I've never had any guy seem offended when I told them they were cute.

*shrugs*

Ieatbabies
I've had women call me loads of things.

"Pretty" -Refering to my Sexy blue eyes.

"Hot"

"Cute"

Of course then I ate their children and then they called me disgusting...

I thought of each one as a compliment. If a girl calls you "cute" she's not saying your ugly is she? No. So be glad she says that about you.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Bardock42
Still generalizing...but who cares.....oh yes...AC does

Pardon me for not wanting to be lumped together with everyone of my own gender.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Alan Partauri

-AP

Thought that was exactly what you did want.

Alpha Centauri
*Applause*

Victor Von Idiot, everybody!

That line was of course provided to him by Woody Woodbine, the cycling duck.

-AC

DanieLs_4_Ever
lol

FeceMan

Um...

I'd practically kill for a 'cute'. Usually I get a look of contempt.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Alan Partauri
*Ap*

Some stuff

-AP

BackFire
I'd love for some girls to call me cute and actually mean it. It would be a vast improvement over "ugly" "Smelly" "Hairy" "Creepy" "hung like a mammoth" and other things I generally hear from women.

DreamingWarrior

Psshhht. girl can call me anything she wants other than peewee.... laughing

bardock
i would rather be called cute by the ladies then the ugly pile of shit with axe coming out of his forehead,but to each his own.

Alpha Centauri
I don't think those of us who dislike the term 'cute' are saying that we'd rather be verbally abused.

-AC

ElectricBugaloo
too add to the list of things to stop calling me, add 'butt-ugly'

Wickerman
If the context makes it sound demeaning then i don't appreciate it. If not, i see absolutely nothing wrong with being called "cute" erm

like a gun totin' Ass - kicking Rambo we all want to be.

You're gonna die a virgin no

~wickerman~

BlackC@t
You awoke the beast?

No...you asked me to point it out. I'm blame free here smile, no more need be said.

-AC

I was talking to the other guy when I said "Be a doll and kindly point that out." Okay? rolleyes1

jaden101
cute is one of those compliments that actually mean "i dont think your hot but i dont want to offend you"...a last resort kind of a compliment...but take it if you can get it...thats my motto

and it beats my previous

"the defendant"

"the man in the bushes"

and other such unsubstantiated tomfoolery

botankus
Originally posted by jaden101
cute is one of those compliments that actually mean "i dont think your hot but i dont want to offend you"....

...."the man in the bushes"

Speaking of both of these quotes, I've been meaning to ask you...what the hell exactly is depicted in your avatar??!?!?!?!?!?

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by botankus
Speaking of both of these quotes, I've been meaning to ask you...what the hell exactly is depicted in your avatar??!?!?!?!?!?

It's from a show called The League of Gentlemen.

jaden101
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
It's from a show called The League of Gentlemen.

indeed...its a character called papa lazarous...he's the leader of a circus that comes to royston vasey

botankus
I don't know if I could handle that show...that dude is freaky--

jaden101
it is indeed freaky

http://www.lunacynet.com/league/images/s3_lazarou.jpg
http://www.lunacynet.com/league/images/s3_katieMorgan.jpg
http://www.lunacynet.com/league/images/s1_edward.jpg

i suggest the "we didn't burn him" clip

http://www.leagueofgentlemen.co.uk/newvids1.shtml

Bardock42

-AC
Understand that, I do.....none the less truth I spoke.....

Haylz
Going back to the subject....... I say good on all the guys who like being called cute!!! Its meant to be one of those things that girls just cant live without saying ( to guys especially when we find you adorable ! ) which may not be flattering to you, but we have to have our own way sometimes...

FeceMan
Originally posted by Haylz
Going back to the subject....... I say good on all the guys who like being called cute!!! Its meant to be one of those things that girls just cant live without saying ( to guys especially when we find you adorable ! ) which may not be flattering to you, but we have to have our own way sometimes...
Um...some black chick called my cell phone for no apparent reason and was yammering about some "yo-yo-yo" crap and how she wanted to "return the favor". I was like, "/vomit", especially since I had no idea who she was. (Do you think she thinks I'm cute? If so, I'm going to mutilate myself.)

And she woke me up this morning. Damn me not turning my phone off while it was charging.

Tha C-Master
I don't mind being called cute, but it gets annoying, because cute and sexy are technically different terms.

Cute is more superficial, dainty.

Sexy is more sexually stimulating and attractive.

You can think a child is cute, but you wouldn't call them sexy would you?

Kinda the same way in reverse, so I can understand that it gets annoying.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by BackFire
I'd love for some girls to call me cute and actually mean it. It would be a vast improvement over "ugly" "Smelly" "Hairy" "Creepy" "hung like a mammoth" and other things I generally hear from women. I know your pain. sad

fini
omg, see what you guys did????

The guy i'm seeing right now, looks absolutely adorably 'CUTE' when he wants to go make out. ANd I have to restrain myself from telling he looks cute.

debbiejo
CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE....I always say cute....

Uneeklyconfused
Originally posted by jaden101
it is indeed freaky

http://www.lunacynet.com/league/images/s3_lazarou.jpg
http://www.lunacynet.com/league/images/s3_katieMorgan.jpg
http://www.lunacynet.com/league/images/s1_edward.jpg

i suggest the "we didn't burn him" clip

http://www.leagueofgentlemen.co.uk/newvids1.shtml

hysterical.....

on topic...

I'll call you whatever the hell I want to and you like it ..!!!crazy...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.