Why didnt Mimic..........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
I dont understand this. Mimic supposedly only needs a few minutes of contact with a person to mimic their abilities. So why didnt he trade Cyclops stupid eye lasers to all of King Hyperion's powers? i mean, yea, i know he only gets half the potency but Colossus lifts 100 tons so that would put him already at 50 tons and if he got Hyperion's strength he, even at half the potency, could probly become a Class 200 or 300 and then u add that to Beast's agility and Wolverine's claws and Northstar's speed and then the Exiles probly wouldve only needed Beak to get one Hyperion from a separate reality to help cuz Mimic himself would probly be equal to the normal-Hyperions in terms of power. SO i dont understand, why didnt he mimic King Hyperion?

Khellendros
Uhh, I guess the writer just didn't think of it? That would have been cool though to see Mimic after stealing Hype's powers, even if it wasn't permanent.

long pig
I don't think mimic can duplicate non mutants.

Draco69
Hyperion isn't mutant. He can only copy mutants. That's why he's NEVER copied a non-mutant.

Khellendros
Oh yeah. I always forget about that "only mutants" thing.

armandovalles
he can copy people who arent mutants he just never tried until the recent "Destroy all Monsters" story arc. He proved he could in that story.

long pig
Who did he copy that wasn't a mutant?

armandovalles
Curt Conners (the Lizard) for his healing factor that he got as a result of an experiment gone wrong.

Khellendros
Originally posted by armandovalles
Curt Conners (the Lizard) for his healing factor that he got as a result of an experiment gone wrong.
Uhh.. no? I just read that a few days ago. He mimicked Deadpool's healing factor, and then got some of the serum that allowed Conner to grow back his arm without becoming the Lizard, but he has yet to take it.

Draco69
Than there's your answer. He just found out. Although maybe his DNA was warped just enough for Mimic's powers to define as a mutant.

Whirlysplatt
shifty What do you guys think a mutant is?

armandovalles
a mutant is someone who was BORN WITH POWERS.

Whirlysplatt
smile is that right? smile

Creshosk
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
shifty What do you guys think a mutant is? Technically I'd call Hulk, Spiderman, the FF and the like mutants as well.

But Marvel has a distinction for those with the "mutant" gene as mutants, and those without, non-mutants. . .

Whirlysplatt
I see - hmmmmmmmmm

so you can undergo mutation and not be a mutant laughing So what do you think a mutant gene is then Cresh shifty

Creshosk
I see - hmmmmmmmmm

so you can undergo mutation and not be a mutant laughing Dosen't make any sense to me either.

So what do you think a mutant gene is then Cresh shifty As I said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutant_%28comics%29#Marvel_Comics

Marvel uses "Mutant" and "Non-Mutant" differently than I would.

The X-Gene is present in EVERYONE in the Marvel Universe. What make someone a "mutant" in the MU is if that gene is activated prenatally.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.