Superman vs Thor (with a twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Erebus
It's pre crisis Supes, but Thor is wearing his Belt of Strength (which increases his strength immeasureably) and Iron Gloves (which basically make mjolnor more a part of him than it already is. I say real tough fight, could go either way.

Mindship
Pre-crisis Supes, because basically he was designed to be unbeatable sans kryptonite.

olympian
And magic.

Oops.

TOAA
thor will loose like Jplatinum lost to me.for i am TOAA

roughrider
I believe mjolnir, wielded properly (by a writer who isn't stupid) is what gives Thor the edge over nearly any opponent below a skyfather or celestial. Give him the whole arsenal - belt of strength DOUBLES his might, plus iron gloves - and I think he can win, even against pre-crisis Superman. Both have great versatility, but magic properties of the hammer will help win it for Thor.

supremthor
Originally posted by roughrider
I believe mjolnir, wielded properly (by a writer who isn't stupid) is what gives Thor the edge over nearly any opponent below a skyfather or celestial. Give him the whole arsenal - belt of strength DOUBLES his might, plus iron gloves - and I think he can win, even against pre-crisis Superman. Both have great versatility, but magic properties of the hammer will help win it for Thor.
wat good is all that if the person your fighting can just sneez killing u and a galaxie.

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by supremthor
wat good is all that if the person your fighting can just sneez killing u and a galaxie.

Everyone loves to say "pre crisis supes...sneezing" it's sooooo overrated. Pre crisis superman could NOT kill Thor just by sneezing.

olympian
"wat good is all that if the person your fighting can just sneez killing u and a galaxie."

Good as every major player he fought that wasent sneezed ?

roughrider
All these claims of PC Supes - he could juggle planets, his sneeze could destroy a system - makes for nice hyperbole, but how about some facts/scans/quotes for a change. Until then, it's exaggeration. Otherwise, PC Superman should've been able to take down the Anti-Monitor alone.

Doom and Gloom
Interesting. Opinions?

Enyalus
PC Supes magical resistance sucked, badly.

Thor's strength is doubled and Mjolnir's more powerful here, too. Thor takes this.

Harbinger
Anti-Thor power FTW.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Harbinger
Anti-Thor power FTW.
No PIS. biscuits

shokosugi
supes

SupremeMan
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
It's pre crisis Supes, but Thor is wearing his Belt of Strength (which increases his strength immeasureably) and Iron Gloves (which basically make mjolnor more a part of him than it already is. I say real tough fight, could go either way.

I believe "immeasurably" is actually "twice as strong". As someone else said, meaningless against a being that sneezes out suns and moves galaxies.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by roughrider
All these claims of PC Supes - he could juggle planets, his sneeze could destroy a system - makes for nice hyperbole, but how about some facts/scans/quotes for a change. Until then, it's exaggeration. Otherwise, PC Superman should've been able to take down the Anti-Monitor alone.

Because his power levels changed to fit the needs of the story. Trust me, even as Superboy he moved a galaxy. The "sneezing out a star" scan shows up every once in a while posted by someone who hates Superman just to show how ridiculous his power levels got. He was even doing things like throwing people so fast he threw them through time.

Enyalus
All that, and Thor still three shots him at most.

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by SupremeMan
I believe "immeasurably" is actually "twice as strong". As someone else said, meaningless against a being that sneezes out suns and moves galaxies.

He sneezed a solar system. He's never moved a galaxy. Please post scans for proof otherwise or provide a link where you can prove this.

Space M ummy
Sneezing galaxies is great and all, but PC Supes struggled against He-Man. Thor with the belt and gauntlets is waaaay Stronger, with magical projectile attacks that can punk supes from a distance.

Thor can also BFR them both into a red sun for an insta-win, here. PC superman's weaknesses were even worse than current's, imho

SupremeMan
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
He sneezed a solar system. He's never moved a galaxy. Please post scans for proof otherwise or provide a link where you can prove this.

Its somewhat annoying to have to spend an hour finding a feat that is simply common knowledge to Superman readers but...

First here is the sneezing feat

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t447673.html

Here's Superboy not even full grown into Superman yet moving the planet with just his super breath

http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pc1dc4.jpg

Superman shrugs off the Hulk's hits

http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pc6sx5.jpg

Superman moves the planet with sheer strength

http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pc12jy7.jpg

Superboy holds a neutron star in his hand and throws it

http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pc2mw9.jpg

Superman shrugs off a bomb powerful enough to destroy the planet

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=superman23614jk0.jpg

And finally the galaxy towing feat

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Precrisis/?action=view&current=Superboytowingplanets.jpg

You can find those and a lot more at

The Pre-Crisis Kryptonian Respect Thread.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Sneezing galaxies is great and all, but PC Supes struggled against He-Man. Thor with the belt and gauntlets is waaaay Stronger, with magical projectile attacks that can punk supes from a distance.

Thor can also BFR them both into a red sun for an insta-win, here. PC superman's weaknesses were even worse than current's, imho

He-Man's power is that he is as strong as he needs to be, a fair assessment of Superman's strength too. You make it sound as if Thor can just casually grab Superman and pull him along to a red sun. I love Thor, favorite Marvel character and much like Superman in many ways but his strength isn't a fraction of one percent of the strength of PC Superman. PC Superman was ridiculous, I'm not denying it, but that's what it was.

Enyalus
He-Man's power is that he is as strong as he needs to be, a fair assessment of Superman's strength too. You make it sound as if Thor can just casually grab Superman and pull him along to a red sun.
I'm sure he was thinking something more practical...like, teleporting?

xJLxKing
Superman wins. All he needs is one punch that is actually a punch which makes him time travel.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by Enyalus
I'm sure he was thinking something more practical...like, teleporting?

Thor has to hurl his hammer and have it move around someone to do that. At any rate, it takes a moment. Check out the respect thread. Superman was flying through galaxies (not through a galaxy but through galaxies) in fractions of a second. He was faster than the Flash on reaction speed. Its all in the respect thread. Thor doesn't have a chance. Zero. Zip. No chance period.

Enyalus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Superman wins. All he needs is one punch that is actually a punch which makes him time travel.

Of course. I mean, its not like Mjolnir allows Thor to also time travel.

xJLxKing
Of course. I mean, its not like Mjolnir allows Thor to also time travel.
Not the way Superman does it

Enyalus
Thor has to hurl his hammer and have it move around someone to do that. At any rate, it takes a moment. Check out the respect thread. Superman was flying through galaxies (not through a galaxy but through galaxies) in fractions of a second. He was faster than the Flash on reaction speed. Its all in the respect thread. Thor doesn't have a chance. Zero. Zip. No chance period.

I know enough without referring to the respect thread every 5 seconds. And sure, Supes blitzing him from the word 'Go!' would beat Thor. But that's not how Supes operates, especially in the PC era. And it would only take a few hits from Thor to KO or seriously hurt and weaken Supes in return.

xJLxKing
IT wouldn't take much from Thor to KO Superman IF he hit him. He ain't hitting him though,

SupremeMan
I know enough without referring to the respect thread every 5 seconds. And sure, Supes blitzing him from the word 'Go!' would beat Thor. But that's not how Supes operates, especially in the PC era. And it would only take a few hits from Thor to KO or seriously hurt and weaken Supes in return.

Okay at this point I accept that the feats don't matter to you. For you, Thor wins and that's that because that's what you want the result to be. Superman has displays of durability that there is nothing Thor can do to him.

And you are the one that demanded visual proof that Superman was strong enough to move a galaxy only to turn around and now claim you cannot be bothered with respect threads and evidence, now that said evidence has turned against you. You wanted to go by feats when it was working in your favor. He could take all the hits Thor could throw and it would do squat to him if we go with both their best feats.

Enyalus
Okay at this point I accept that the feats don't matter to you. For you, Thor wins and that's that because that's what you want the result to be. Superman has displays of durability that there is nothing Thor can do to him.
I'll repeat it: PC Supes' magical resistance was giltch. Thor's twice as powerful here. That includes Mjolnir, which is magical. Doesn't take a genius to realize that Superman's durability isn't going to play a major role here.
And you are the one that demanded visual proof that Superman was strong enough to move a galaxy only to turn around and now claim you cannot be bothered with respect threads and evidence, now that said evidence has turned against you.
That wasn't me. I've seen what you were talking about before. And have read a few PC Action Comics storylines, so...

SupremeMan

I'll repeat it: PC Supes' magical resistance was giltch. Thor's twice as powerful here. That includes Mjolnir, which is magical. Doesn't take a genius to realize that Superman's durability isn't going to play a major role here.

That wasn't me. I've seen what you were talking about before. And have read a few PC Action Comics storylines, so...

Sorry on that one. I wouldn't have been so strident but I thought that was you. embarrasment

But Superman's weakness to magic was always selective and it seldom if ever included things like getting hit with blunt objects like a hammer or lightning that, though summoned magically, was still lightning. He once took a "blast of pure magical energy" from Satannus, an arch-devil, that knocked him across the planet and he came right back at Satannus. Clearly if his weakness to magic was all people have hyped it to be, he would have been splattered to the four winds.

His durability is going to be an overwhelming factor here as the hammer does nothing to him in a no PIS fight. As great as Thor's hitting feats are, they don't stand up to PC Superman. And all of this ignores that he had Flash+ reflexes and would never be hit by Thor in a no PIS fight.

Supeprime
Superman most likely loses because while he was far more powerful Pre-Crisis, he was also far more susceptible to magical attacks.

zeel
I honestly think that thor will have to get lucky on this one. HE has the power to defeat supes. But this version of supes would in one shot knock him out. It will take only one shot. In this fight thor cannot get hit even a single time. Can he do this? As far as the belt of strength goes this doubles thors strength. So with this belt hes probobly quite a bit stronger then current supes. But even with the belt his strnegth is not on par with pre crisis supes.

Enyalus
Base Classic Thor doesn't even get one-shotted from Odin-level beings. Yet this amped Classic Thor is going to get one-shotted from a punch by PC Supes?

Please.

Doom and Gloom
Its somewhat annoying to have to spend an hour finding a feat that is simply common knowledge to Superman readers but...

First here is the sneezing feat

Here's Superboy not even full grown into Superman yet moving the planet with just his super breath

http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pc1dc4.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pc6sx5.jpg

Superman moves the planet with sheer strength

http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pc12jy7.jpg

Superboy holds a neutron star in his hand and throws it

http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pc2mw9.jpg

Superman shrugs off a bomb powerful enough to destroy the planet

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=superman23614jk0.jpg

And finally the galaxy towing feat

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Precrisis/?action=view&current=Superboytowingplanets.jpg

You can find those and a lot more at

The Pre-Crisis Kryptonian Respect Thread.

But nowhere did he move a galaxy. That's a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuuuuuuge difference from any of those feats

SoulDevourer

http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pc6sx5.jpghey they said the outcome of fight wuz in doubt cos Hulk grow stronger so sooner or later Supe would have lost fight if he didnt get Hulk 2 calm down

but any rate I agree pitting Thor against PRE CRISIS Supe is plane insane. FFS that version of Supe can sneeze out a SOLAR SYSTEM lol

Rhinoceros

Thor's twice as powerful here. That includes Mjolnir, which is magical. Doesn't take a genius to realize that Superman's durability isn't going to play a major role here.

Isn't that incorrect? The belt and the gauntlets don't amp magic powers, they amp his strength. His physical strength would be doubled, not his magical abilities - Unless I'm mistaken.

zeel

I completely agree with you here. Supermans durability isnt going to help him here. PROVIDED thor dont take this to a fist fight. Against current supes thor with his belt of strength would woops supes ass even with out his hammer. But PC supes this aint going to happen too. Now if thor fights smart which he dont alwasy do this, he should win a majority.

thor has a horrible track record of looseing to toons he shouldnt due to the fact that he goes to a fist fight right away when he should be using his hammer. Thor under the right conditions provided supes dont speed blitz which he never does should win for a majority.

SoulDevourer
prob is Supe got superspeed so hows Thor gonna go near him?

darthgoober
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
Thor has super speed/reflexes too...

Enyalus
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
Isn't that incorrect? The belt and the gauntlets don't amp magic powers, they amp his strength. His physical strength would be doubled, not his magical abilities - Unless I'm mistaken.
The gauntlets do. smile

Space M ummy

as someone else noted, Thor also has superspeed. writers rarely make use of it though.

Classic Thor could fly, throw, and swing mjolnir at multiples of lightspeed. That kind of reaction time is easily enough to deal with PC superman.

Thor has amped strength but it's not really all that relevant here. PC supes was horribly weak to magic, and weak to red sunlight. Current Thor is absolutely FILTHY with ill-defined magical powers.

Kingdom Come superman got schooled with Captain Marvel's magic lightning. Thor's is arguably even more powerful. (quoted as being "hotter than the sun itself"wink

Thor doesn't even need to be anywhere NEAR superman to teleport him- Current Thor is skyfather level, or damn close. Odin teleported the entire population of earth at once, and even moved all of valhalla into the negative zone. Thor teleports the battlefield to one under (or in) a red star, it's over.

Hell, Thor could teleport himself to a red star, absorb massive amounts of red solar energy, then return and release it all in a massively amplified omnidirectional attack. Mjolnir is second in versatility only to a lantern ring in terms of the things it can do and has done.

and as for durability- Classic Thor took a direct hit from a celestial AFTER mjolnir was depowered (Odin had been killed) and it only made him angry. PC superman is not one shotting Thor.

Thor has the advantage here.

xJLxKing
Thor doesn't have the durability to get hit by a punch, or a sneeze

SupremeMan
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
But nowhere did he move a galaxy. That's a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuuuuuuge difference from any of those feats

Well, no it doesn't say a galaxy although that is generally how people put it when they refer to it, moving a galaxy. What he is actually doing is moving a line of planets stretching back and back into space as far as we can see. Regardless of whether that's moving a galaxy or all the planets in the galaxy or just dozens of planets all at once, its so far beyond Thor as to be not worth even arguing about. Thor cannot take even one punch, even one tap, from PC Superman and PC Superman is overwhelmingly too fast for him to avoid that one hit that he cannot stand up to.

And, although somebody on the thread argued that not even Odin could one-shot classic Thor, that's true with sheer physical strength which wasn't remotely on PC Superman's level. I know from old Thor comics that Odin has demonstrated he could easily defeat Thor when he unleashed the Odinforce.

SupremeMan
hey they said the outcome of fight wuz in doubt cos Hulk grow stronger so sooner or later Supe would have lost fight if he didnt get Hulk 2 calm down

but any rate I agree pitting Thor against PRE CRISIS Supe is plane insane. FFS that version of Supe can sneeze out a SOLAR SYSTEM lol

Yes Supes did say that, given time, the Hulk could become strong enough to hurt him. But then Supes turns around and snags an object out of the air that the Hulk couldn't grab after countless tries because it was too fast. The Hulk doesn't get faster. Keep in mind, Superman never hit the Hulk back. The Hulk would never get strong enough before the fight was over but yes, theoretically, he could.

Enyalus
Well, no it doesn't say a galaxy although that is generally how people put it when they refer to it, moving a galaxy. What he is actually doing is moving a line of planets stretching back and back into space as far as we can see. Regardless of whether that's moving a galaxy or all the planets in the galaxy or just dozens of planets all at once, its so far beyond Thor as to be not worth even arguing about. Thor cannot take even one punch, even one tap, from PC Superman and PC Superman is overwhelmingly too fast for him to avoid that one hit that he cannot stand up to.

Thor and Hercules were generating enough pressure in their arm-wrestling match to throw the planet out of its orbit. He's also lifted the Midgard Serpent, which is larger than the Earth itself. And Thor has moved a multiversal-sized (really, omniversal) object while dying.

His strength is being sorely underestimated. And its doubled here.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by zeel
I completely agree with you here. Supermans durability isnt going to help him here. PROVIDED thor dont take this to a fist fight. Against current supes thor with his belt of strength would woops supes ass even with out his hammer. But PC supes this aint going to happen too. Now if thor fights smart which he dont alwasy do this, he should win a majority.

thor has a horrible track record of looseing to toons he shouldnt due to the fact that he goes to a fist fight right away when he should be using his hammer. Thor under the right conditions provided supes dont speed blitz which he never does should win for a majority.

Again, doubling Thor's strength is meaningless against PC Superman. The difference between Thor's normal and doubled strength means nothing compared to PCS's strength.

It has also been well established that a blunt attack isn't going to ignore Superman's durability just because the weapon is made of a magic material. If it was cutting damage it might be different but this whole 'Thor wins' argument requires giving Supes a type of magic weakness that doesn't exist in the comics or, at the least, doesn't reflect is high feats of durability.

I also see you're falling back on 'Thor will fight his tactically best fight even though he often does not but Superman will not fight his tactically best fight *because* he often does not.' 'Superman doesn't speed blitz every single time therefore he won't.'

So we have a guy that doesn't even register as one percent of the other guy's power and whose hammer, based on feats, won't have any effect, beating a guy a billion times more powerful based on both of their best days.

Starscream M
pc superman is stupid powerful...literally his feats are stupid and he doesn't belong in vs threads

pc superman basically has the powerset to do the impossible

Enyalus
Originally posted by Starscream M
pc superman is stupid powerful...literally his feats are stupid and he doesn't belong in vs threads

pc superman basically has the powerset to do the impossible
Except beat Darkseid.

kgkg
Is Superman allowed to throw planets at Thor?

SupremeMan
Thor and Hercules were generating enough pressure in their arm-wrestling match to throw the planet out of its orbit. He's also lifted the Midgard Serpent, which is larger than the Earth itself. And Thor has moved a multiversal-sized (really, omniversal) object while dying.

You may be right as I'm not up on more recent Thor feats. My biggest issue is this 'magic weakness' argument because Superman's weakness to magic was extremely inconsistent. There were times like when he shrugged off a blast of pure magical energy from an arch-devil.

I also know that Thor in his early days was shown to be very fast, blur speed or faster. But that's still not Superman level. I won't argue how fast he spins the hammer but that's not overall body and combat speed.

Also, as this is Odinforce/ Thorforce Thor it makes things a lot closer. I am not sure Superman can defeat someone with the Odinforce even destroying their body.

It may be pretty even after all. Thor does have loosely defined magical powers. But, at the same time, PC Superman has loosely defined powers that allow him to do about anything. He once used his telescopic vision to see through time. He beat Satannus (after shrugging off that bolt of pure magic force) by spinning or hitting him at exactly the right frequency to knock him back in time to a point where he would be trapped.

xJLxKing

Did Current Superman like pick up a Spectre which is infinite amount of weight. Didn't he also pick up a book with unlimited pages. He had help of both. Both feat are better then the one you spoke of. Also, those feats are nothing compared to PC Superman. PC Superman can just pick up a planet and throw it at Thor.

Superman played catch with Krypto using the Moon.

Enyalus
Did Current Superman like pick up a Spectre which is infinite amount of weight. Didn't he also pick up a book with unlimited pages. He had help of both. Both feat are better then the one you spoke of.
Both are also shared feats and don't count. In the first he was aided by Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. Second aided by Captain Marvel.

Not to mention that PC Supes feats =\=

Enyalus
You may be right as I'm not up on more recent Thor feats. My biggest issue is this 'magic weakness' argument because Superman's weakness to magic was extremely inconsistent. There were times like when he shrugged off a blast of pure magical energy from an arch-devil.
Well I was referring to classic Thor. Some of those feats I was citing occurred in Thor 400 or 425. And in the Black Galaxy Saga it was stated he can shatter planets in one shot with Mjolnir. Now, I can't be positive how strong that blast of Satanus' was, but to me it should be a given that a magical object hitting with enough force to destroy a planet would **** Supes up. And again, Thor has twice as much strength here.

xJLxKing
Both are also shared feats and don't count. In the first he was aided by Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. Second aided by Captain Marvel.

Not to mention that PC Supes feats =\=
Your feats are shared, and Gl did not help pick up Spectre. Also, why is the PC Super feats =\=

Enyalus
Your feats are shared, and Gl did not help pick up Spectre. Also, why is the PC Super feats =\=

One out of the three feats I listed were shared. And it can easily be inferred how much work Thor was doing in that scenario because Hercules and Thor were deadlocked and completely even in their contest. The other two he did solo.

Current Superman is not PC Superman. That's why.

(If TP comes in here saying otherwise...Quiet. I know about Braniac giving Current Supes his memories of his PC days already.)

xJLxKing
One out of the three feats I listed were shared. And it can easily be inferred how much work Thor was doing in that scenario because Hercules and Thor were deadlocked and completely even in their contest. The other two he did solo.

Current Superman is not PC Superman. That's why.

The TC stated that it's PC. Also, those feats you posted were nice, but do you seriously think that they are anywhere near Pc Superman's?

Enyalus
The TC stated that it's PC.
I know. And the feats you listed (Spectre, Monitor Book) were not PC feats. See?

Also, those feats you posted were nice, but do you seriously think that they are anywhere near Pc Superman's?
No one can compete with looney toons. I'm merely pointing out that if Thor hits him with his hammer, he's going to be hurting. Badly.

xJLxKing

I know. And the feats you listed (Spectre, Monitor Book) were not PC feats. See?

No one can compete with looney toons. I'm merely pointing out that if Thor hits him with his hammer, he's going to be hurting. Badly.
PC Superman>>>Current Superman See?

If Superman(pc) gets hit by the Hammer he just might get KOed, but I don't see him getting hit. All he needs is one hit. It doesn't have to be a good hit.

Enyalus
PC Superman>>>Current Superman See?

Superboy Prime >>> Current Superman. Has Prime lifted an infinite amount of weight? No? Oh, then Current must be stronger, right?

See? PC isn't Current. You can't use current feats for PC, just like you can't use PC feats for current. Shit don't work that way.

If Superman(pc) gets hit by the Hammer he just might get KOed, but I don't see him getting hit. All he needs is one hit. It doesn't have to be a good hit.

Thor's not being one-shotted. I'm betting on Supes not blitzing off the bat, because that's not in his character to do so. Especially against another hero. One he only has basic knowledge of.

But yeah, if he did blitz, Thor can't touch him and Supes wins. CIS on, Supes loses.

xJLxKing

Thor's not being one-shotted. I'm betting on Supes not blitzing off the bat, because that's not in his character to do so. Especially against another hero. One he only has basic knowledge of.

But yeah, if he did blitz, Thor can't touch him and Supes wins. CIS on, Supes loses.
Superman doesn't need to Speed Blitz right off. His superbreath has moved planets, destroyed solar systems, and so much more. His HV reignited a star.

I don't see why Superman can't just grab Thors hammer and knock him out.

zeel
Superman doesn't need to Speed Blitz right off. His superbreath has moved planets, destroyed solar systems, and so much more. His HV reignited a star.

I don't see why Superman can't just grab Thors hammer and knock him out.

Ok now superbreath and his heat vision is not going to do much to thor. thor not only is highly resistable to energy attacks and magical attacks, but hes also very resistant to the elementals. Supes will have to beat thor on brute strength and speed. His other abilities are going to contribute nothing.

And as far as grabbing thor's hammer from him. Only the dumbest of writers would alow that to happen.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by zeel

And as far as grabbing thor's hammer from him. Only the dumbest of writers would alow that to happen.

like in the 1st rulk vs thor fight...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.