showdowns in episode III

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

overlord
Usually the whole SW movie was building up towards the saber fight. But in episode III we were spoiled rotten.

Anakin vs Dooku
Mace vs Palpatine
Grievous vs Obi
Yoda vs Palpatine
Anakin vs Obi

So what are your opinions about these fights?

I think the first two were great! Grievous was interesting, though I didn't really like the planet, Anakin versus Obi Wan; I expected too much of it, but I guess it was okay..
But the Yoda versus Palpatine fight I thought was aweful, a stain in the beautiful movie, it didn't decide anything, the place where they battled sucked and the fight portayed Sidious as a dumb mutant.

McCusto
They were all great fights. . .

But Grievous died like a pansy

overlord
Oh yeah, Obi just shot him to death with one shot or something.. That was pretty lame too.
But the Yoda Sidious fight should have been cut for another fight. But unfortunatly there weren't any more siths.

Lord J
i think they were all enjoyable

neo313
Ani + Obi vs. Dooku: good, but should've been longer. 7/10

Obi vs. Grievous: semi-corny. Grievous dies like a punk biotch. 5/10

Mace n' Pals vs. Palps: OVER-HYPED. Kolar and Tinn suck. Fisto sucked, but not as hard. 3/10

Ani vs. Obi: Very good most of the time. Bad editing. Some of the lava parts are over the top. should have been longer. 8/10

Yoda vs. Palps: The idea of it is pretty cool. Very cool most of the time. 7/10

Lord J
well the mace vs palps was supposed to be overhyped just like yoda vs dooku in AOTC

Cascador
Yoda vs. Sidious does mean something, it means Jedi vs. Sith. d'uh
Seriously Spielberg couldn't have done it better. I thought that those crashing senate pods were fantastic and it had another purpose. If the fight of Anakin and Obi-Wan just went in one take it would get boring. Variation was needed to keep it entertaining.

Lord J
Originally posted by Cascador
Spielberg couldn't have done it better.

Lord J
Originally posted by Cascador
Yoda vs. Sidious does mean something, it means Jedi vs. Sith. d'uh
Seriously Spielberg couldn't have done it better. spielberg???????????????

Lord J
sorry bout the double post embarrasment

Cascador

overlord

Dan Skywalker
I thought all the fights where great, especially the Yoda Vs Sidious duel, great idea to have the duel of fates music in the background.

Jedi Priestess
I personally think the whole Yoda vs Sideous is waaaaaaaaaaaay overrated.

HAROLD
I was blown away by the Yoda vs. Sidious fight.

I'm a sucker for Duel of the Fates. Maybe that's why.

pr1983
anakin v dooku... not bad, i thought dooku was beaten rather cheaply though...

obi and gg was ok... i'd have liked to see more of an actual fight though, more sabers, less guns...

to be honest... i'd have liked to see a better mace v palps fight... mace was fine.. palps was just... meh...

yoda palps... considering this fight is mainly cg i was pretty impressed with it... yoda's expressions were well animated, and you could see the determination in his face... not bad at all...

the final duel imo was overhyped and considering gl's had twenty years to think about it, i was expecting more of an actual duel and less of a "look how fast i can twirl my saber" competition... emotion sorely lacking during that fight itself... and as was said before, bad editing...

darthvader_fan
Emperor vs the little green b@$tard was the best

overlord
bah.. It was just funny to see the green bag fall and break his hips..
The pod thing didn't really impress me, Yoda came all the way to Sidious just to show us how cool flying pods look and then they both went on with their lives, now I can forgive the Yoda/Dooku fight as Dooku dismembered anakin and the whole movie was building up to that fight, but the Yoda/Sidious fight was a futile attempt to impress everybody with their special effects, I thought it was a boring place to fight and it didn't flatter me that Sidious looked even worse than in the RotJ.. Ahh.. I'm done, sorry.

Koolwoo92
I think that Obi Vs. Grievous started good but ended bad, Agen, Saesee, and Kit shouldnt have died so fast, Anakin and dooku should have been a bit better, obi vs. anakin was more than i expected and yoda and sidious would have been the best if it was a lot longer

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I personally think the whole Yoda vs Sideous is waaaaaaaaaaaay overrated.

Absolutely! Not the fight, but the fact that it happened at all.

darth vraya
my ratings
obi and ani vs. dooku could've been longer and more dramatic. obi once again got thrown like a ragdoll. cris lee got gored and my heart sank 6/10

grevious vs. obi. when grevious spun all his lightsabers it was kind've a duplicate of qgj and obi vs. maul. grevious died cornily. very nice special effects 8/10

the sam jackson squad vs. sids: sidious was overly cgi'd. the first three could have lasted longer. could have been much longer. sam jackson was (as always) overly dramatic. 4/10

yoda vs. sids: they made sids look like a retard. did not like the environment very much. it shouldn't have been so hyped (it wasn't that good). 6/10

ani vs. obi. only complaint is that it could have been longer 9/10

DeVi| D0do
Obi-Wan & Anakin vs. Dooku - I really like this fight. It has a very OTish feel to it... the setting, the dialogue. Though the whole fight did look as though it had been edited to the bejeebus, which really anoys me. It's too short.

Obi-Wan vs. Grievous - The saber fight: Bleh. Really bleh. The fisticuffs: Great! I loved the wheel/boga race and hand to hand fighting. And I like the way Grievous dies like a b*tch... he is a b*tch.

Mace & posse vs. Palpatine - Could have and should have been much (MUCH) better. It also could have been worse, so I'm not all that dissappointed... I think Sammy J does particularly bad in this scene... Ian is brilliant as usual - I love the faces he makes here. The fight should have been much faster... at least on Palpatine's part, and especially at the beginning where he takes out the other three Jedi who are just standing twiddling their thumbs.

Anakin vs. Obi-Wan - Again, should have been better. I was expecting emotion, but I couldn't find any. To me it felt like a duel for duelling's sake. Kinda pointless. Add to that there was no really revolutionary stunts or spectacular choreography in the fight. It was just "Yo b*tch, don't turn evil or I'll f*ck you up!" "F*ck you! Bring it b*tch!". The TPM figth was great because it knew what it was - a fight for fighting's sake - but this fight (THE duel) tried to be something else... something that it should have been. But Lucas was too focussed on making it the longest fight in history than actually having emotion... Ah well.

Yoda vs. Sidious - A helluva lot better than I expected! But maybe that's because I was expecting something like AOTC Yoda vs. Dooku... I love this fight. My favourite. I love how they only use their sabers for a short amount of time. I love how it's kind of a battle of the wizards. I love the use of Duel of the Fates. I love how Yoda loses (yes, he loses, get over it). I love how Sidious is such a c*nt. And I love how it's edited together with 'THE duel'.

Lord J
i agree about most of what you said d0do

Sith Master X
I enjoyed all the showdowns in Episode 3.

Anakin & Obi-Wan Vs. Dooku: Great fight, I loved the resemblence to ROTJ in this particular sequence.

Obi-Wan Vs Grievous: Pretty cool stuff. I loved how Grievous spun his lightsabers around like a propeller.

Mace Vs. Sidious: "No, no no you will die!" Greatest line ever. lol

Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan/ Yoda Vs Sidious: In my opinion this is really just one big fight, but in seperate locations. Remember what Yoda said "Destroy the Sith we must." They set out to destroy the master and apprentice, even if it took place on seperate planets both duels had the same meaning, and took place at the same time. Probably the greatest sequence in SW history here.

overlord
I'll just bump this again since there seem to be thousands of simular threads popping up..

Too bad I didn't make a poll.
(But then people would only vote Yoda vs Sidious anyway..)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.