Obi-Wan the Clairvoyant?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cascador
This is something written on another forum, I found it quite interesting...I don't agree but I like to know your opinions...I think it just takes logic sense to find out that Palp is Sid/emperor:

Slapping myself in the head for not having noticed this continuity error before. And how could Lucasfilm possibly miss that one?

The Jedi Temple has been overrun. Bail Organa returns to Coruscant with Obi-Wan and Yoda. He receives a message saying that his presence is requested in the Senate, for an emergency meeting. Yoda suggests that while this emergency meeting is held, Obi-Wan and himself will have a better chance of getting inside the temple to shut down the fake coded retreat message.

So, while Bail Organa goes to this emergency meeting, Obi-Wan and Yoda go to the Jedi Temple.

Now, the purpose of the emergency meeting was for Chancellor Palpatine to reveal the treason of the Jedi, the attempt to take his life and above all, that the war is over and that the Republic is to be reformed in a new Empire. So, this is basically where Palpatine declares himself Emperor.

Meanwhile in the Jedi Temple, Obi-Wan watches the security tapes. After seeing them, he talks to Yoda and refers to Palpatine as the Emperor. But how could he know about Palpatine calling himself Emperor already? Not one reference to 'Emperor' or 'Empire' has been made beforehand and the emergency meeting where they were first mentioned was obviously held at the same time (Yoda's point about sneaking in while it was going on).

Lord J
there are two possibillities yoda could have sensed it or it would have to be on one of those big screens in coruscant

Jedi Priestess
Eh not that big a deal really. Not like this is an important plotline point to further the story or anything.

Lord J
true

Ushgarak
Except there IS a reference to 'Empire' in that recording.

Ast
Originally posted by Cascador
Meanwhile in the Jedi Temple, Obi-Wan watches the security tapes. After seeing them, he talks to Yoda and refers to Palpatine as the Emperor. But how could he know about Palpatine calling himself Emperor already? Not one reference to 'Emperor' or 'Empire' has been made beforehand and the emergency meeting where they were first mentioned was obviously held at the same time (Yoda's point about sneaking in while it was going on).

Go, Lord Vader, and bring peace to the Empire...

Or something close. stick out tongue

kremzike
Yes, that would seem to be the bigger, yet still not too important, continuity error. Sidious telling Vader to bring peace to the Empire before he addreses the senate & announces the change.

DarkYoda
It might have just been a logical conclusion.

Bail was going to the senate for a "Special Session" of Congress.

All of the clones had just turned on the Jedi, taking their orders from Palpatine.

They already suspected that the dark side of the force surrounded the Chancellor.

And then to see Anakin bowing before a Sith Master pledging himself to THE EMPIRE!

The Jedi may have been dumb, but they weren't that dumb. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And while we don't know this for sure, I can't believe Mace Windu would not have at least tried to leave a message on Yoda's answering machine that Palps was a Sith Lord. laughing

DeVi| D0do
What's stupider than Obi Wan calling Palpatine 'Emperor' in the hologram scene is that later, on Mustafar, he calls him 'Chancellor' again...

"Anakin, Chancellor Palpatine is evil!" or something like that.

DarkYoda
Eh... I think it's sort of how they talk about Darth Vader in the temple and then later Obi-Wan confronts Anakin and tries to reason with him calling him Anakin instead of Vader. It was a sort of defiance against using the new names/titles.

obiwills
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Eh... I think it's sort of how they talk about Darth Vader in the temple and then later Obi-Wan confronts Anakin and tries to reason with him calling him Anakin instead of Vader. It was a sort of defiance against using the new names/titles.

I agree totally, besides if he'd said that exact same line using their new names.... well....

"Lord Vader! The Emperor is evil!"

Doesn't have the same ring to it does it? Not to mention Anakin would've replied "No sh*t Sherlock and so am I!" ROFL

muserke
Originally posted by DarkYoda

And while we don't know this for sure, I can't believe Mace Windu would not have at least tried to leave a message on Yoda's answering machine that Palps was a Sith Lord. laughing
In the novel Mace tells Yoda over hologram Palpy is the Sith Lord.

darthvader_fan
are you sure?

Cybervader
i think someone have came out with this before. but aniwaes, yoda could have sensed it most probably..all those "thunderous aplause" denoucing liberty (as Padme puts it) must have been ringing in yoda's ears when he was at the temple..though it may be of a lower decible for obi-wan..cos not that senior yet.

juz wondering, why then is this threat called, 'Obi-wan the clairvoyant"?? there seems to be no link..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.