Kyp Durron vs. Cin Drallig

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
Well, lets see. Kyp is very powerful. He fought in a war that was just as tough as the Clone Wars. Could he take the Troll?

Darth Avis
i think cin but im not sure

Admiral Akbar
All we know is that CIn was a legendary jedi master. ANd that he trained others. Im afraid thats not enough.

Cin was a poor force user, so he is outmatched in that senario.

Darth Avis
cin is a poor force user? where does it say that

Darth_Glentract
It's a common brain bug that people who are good with a saber aren't good with the force. It doesn't make any sense. You use the force when using a saber.

Admiral Akbar
Star Wars.com said anakin outmatched him with the force, and he was equal to obi wan....

kamikz
Actually he was stronger than Obi-Wan, I don't really know why they we're equally matched when they force pushed each other, could be that he was tired off al the fighting he had done before and probably under-estimated him, anyway, GL himself has said that Anakin was stronger than Obi-Wan. And why would he be weak in the force if he was beaten by Anakin or Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan was the third strongest jedi in the council, if Cin is weak not matching that then normal jedi would be pathetic. I'm sorry if this came out the wrong way, I don't mean to offend you I just want to get clear on some posts ok?

Illustrious
Anakin had a stronger connection to the force than anyone of the PT era. So a statement saying Anakin "outmatched" someone with the force is too amorphous to be construed directly. Hell, you can say Anakin "outmatched" Dooku in the force, but that doesn't mean he was stronger.

kamikz
Sure, ok, that explaines the force push. Still as you said Anakin was in better connetion with the force and was on Obi-Wans level in force powers and Obi was the third strongest jedi (probably) in the Council and that was my main point, so that doesent make Cin weak.

Illustrious
If I have a higher IQ than you, does it mean I'll do better in Math class? Hardly. There are instances where raw power plays into consideration with refinement and experience, this much was expressed by GL himself.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by kamikz
Actually he was stronger than Obi-Wan, I don't really know why they we're equally matched when they force pushed each other, could be that he was tired off al the fighting he had done before and probably under-estimated him, anyway, GL himself has said that Anakin was stronger than Obi-Wan. And why would he be weak in the force if he was beaten by Anakin or Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan was the third strongest jedi in the council, if Cin is weak not matching that then normal jedi would be pathetic. I'm sorry if this came out the wrong way, I don't mean to offend you I just want to get clear on some posts ok?

If anakin couldent force push obi wan, then he is not stronger in the force.

SnakeEyes
Kyp would own Drallig... Really bad...

kamikz
LOL I changed my mind, I recently said that they we're on the same level with force powers only that Anakin had better connection to the force, not that he would be better than Obi wan for it.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by kamikz
Sure, ok, that explaines the force push. Still as you said Anakin was in better connetion with the force and was on Obi-Wans level in force powers and Obi was the third strongest jedi (probably) in the Council and that was my main point, so that doesent make Cin weak.

dude, obi wan is far wiser than anakin. Wisdom=Experience.

Admiral Akbar
Oh and knowledge=power.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Illustrious
If I have a higher IQ than you, does it mean I'll do better in Math class? Hardly. There are instances where raw power plays into consideration with refinement and experience, this much was expressed by GL himself.

Hardly? If Im a complete retard or a satisfactory student, and your IQ is higher than mine, there is a 90% chance you will do better in a math class. Anakin is a average jedi. Or just a little above that. Above average is yoda dooku sids and mace.

Darth Avis
now that was dumb.

kamikz
Why are you even comparing Obi to Anakin anymore, I have never said he could kill Obi with ease, I havent even said he could kill Obi. I have changed my mind just as the post you replied to shows, Anakin just has good raw power. I wasent trying to get in on the Obi vs Annie fight either, I was just trying to make the point that Cin is not weak because he is not as strong as Obi-Wan or Anakin. You we're the one that said Cin was weak in the force, now you say Wisdowm is experience and Knowledge power, well if that's it then how can Cin be weak? As you said he was a legendary jedi master, how can you become a legendary jedi master. Knowledge, power, wisdom.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Hardly? If Im a complete retard or a satisfactory student, and your IQ is higher than mine, there is a 90% chance you will do better in a math class. Anakin is a average jedi. Or just a little above that. Above average is yoda dooku sids and mace.

Obi-Wan isn't exactly a retard when it comes to the force, now is it? And he has had way more time to train in the force, far wiser. Anakin has a greater connection to the force.

If I'm a total genius but never bother applying myself, and you're an average student who tries his best at math, chances are you may actually do better, considerng mathematics is an applied course.

In the same way as the force. GL has explicitly mentioned that Anakin has an incredible connection to the force and the potential to be perhaps the greatest, but he doesn't have the knowledge and experience Obi-Wan does at that point in time and is not at that level.

ReverendMakashi
If Anakin were to kill Obi it would be a hard battle. . .Drallig sucks.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Illustrious
Obi-Wan isn't exactly a retard when it comes to the force, now is it? And he has had way more time to train in the force, far wiser. Anakin has a greater connection to the force.

If I'm a total genius but never bother applying myself, and you're an average student who tries his best at math, chances are you may actually do better, considerng mathematics is an applied course.

In the same way as the force. GL has explicitly mentioned that Anakin has an incredible connection to the force and the potential to be perhaps the greatest, but he doesn't have the knowledge and experience Obi-Wan does at that point in time and is not at that level.

No not a retard, but he is not On yoda's level. He ison the borderline of being average, or maybe surpassed that.

Again chances.. It doesnt nessasarily mean I could do better, but maybe.

Right, that is exactly what I said. Obi wan is far wiser than Anakin which makes him the better Jedi. Maybe he doesnt have the raw power that anakin has, but after reading ROTS by Matt Stover(yeah it was bad, but!)
I found out Obi Wan is more powerful mentally than physically. None of them are retard, but Obi Wan being the smarter being has a bigger chance of defeating someone who has not achieved any yet.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
No not a retard, but he is not On yoda's level. He ison the borderline of being average, or maybe surpassed that.

Again chances.. It doesnt nessasarily mean I could do better, but maybe.

Right, that is exactly what I said. Obi wan is far wiser than Anakin which makes him the better Jedi. Maybe he doesnt have the raw power that anakin has, but after reading ROTS by Matt Stover(yeah it was bad, but!)
I found out Obi Wan is more powerful mentally than physically. None of them are retard, but Obi Wan being the smarter being has a bigger chance of defeating someone who has not achieved any yet.

Anakin's Raw Power, and fast attack speeds dont work on someone how is near mastering a perfect almost impenetrable style.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.