Corpse Bride

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

starwars3
I saw Corpse Bride yesterday. It was okay.

JKozzy
Could you, uh, elaborate?

powerfulone1987
For some reason, I want to see this movie.

Leo.M
I wanna see that movie so bad

Wild_7
Me too. I loved that jack skeleton film and im gonna like this one.

JKozzy
You mean "The Nightmare Before Christmas"?

BaronOBeefDip
I want to see it too.

its_all_good
I want to see that movie...it looks cool

powerfulone1987
This movie is doing really good. They already are saying it deserves an oscar and is a sure bet.

Sir Nauj
it comes out tommorrow I cant wait happy

Ladyluck
amazing movie droolio

saw it yesterday... was a little short but great nonetheless

they did an amazing job on the music too

JKozzy
As did I... didn't mind the shortness, don't see how much longer you can make a movie of that type.

Ladyluck
Yeah I guess I just expected it to be a bit longer. It was still an excellent movie. thumb up

perspective13
i saw it the night that it came out and thought it was very good the length didnt bother me actually i looked at my watch afterwards and then realized it wasnt that long.
i heard alot of people didnt like it or were disipointed
i wasnt

Tiptoegecko
this was a really good movie. All I can say is thank god they didnt screw this one up. I enjoyed every minute of it and I might go back to see it again!

its_all_good
I am so excited to see this movie...I havent been able to see it yet because it is not at my theatre where i live yet...but hopefully i will see it soon

vaya_the_elf
I've not seen it yet, but hope I will soon. Looks good smile

Sir Nauj
very good movie happy

xXLauriëXx
oo i'm really looking forward to seeing this one big grin

vaya_the_elf
Just saw it yesterday, and I must say I liked it. It was kind of different, but all Tim Burton's movies are.

Although I did not like it as much as Nightmare before christmas. Liked the story line, but I was not into the songs as much.

It is interesting though.

grey fox
Looks pretty good , may go to see it .

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by grey fox
Looks pretty good , may go to see it .

You should smile

brigitte
I have just seen it this afternoon. Possibly the maggot coming out of the eye was a bit overdone IMO. I think it popped out 4 or five times!

Worth going to see.

Cinemaddiction
Boooooooooooringgggggggg.

Prince Nauj
^^and your how old again?

Cinemaddiction

Storm
I definitely want to see this movie.

brigitte
I felt a bit old at 43 going to see this movie, but to be honest it doesn't really matter at all. Only time I showed my age was the fact that I sat too close to the front and it was too loud. Had a headache during the trailers.... laughing

Council#13
I saw it can someone explain the ending? why does she turn into a thousand butterflies?

brigitte
At the beginning of the film you see a butterfly under a glass dome, Victor studies it for a while, then releases it, and you see it flying through the town. I was wondering about it myself, as the last part of the film includes the butterflies. Definitely a connection.

At the beginning the butterfly is trapped, and I think this is the connection. Emily was trapped in the land of the dead, and at the end she appears to have been released by Victor when she hands him back to Victoria. She turns into butterflies. At the beginning, possibly it was Emily in the form of a butterfly - the one under the glass dome. Not sure, but I think Victor helped Emily revenge Barkiss, on his death Emily could then rest in peace, so she was set free herself, hence the setting free of the butterfly at the beginning.

Hope y'all can understand that lot - took me 8 mins odd to put it into words!!

Council#13
I still am a bit confused, and i didnt see the begining since my friends first: were being pigs and tried to get something in macdonalds (but lines were too long), the ticket buying lines were massive, and my friends wanted to get snacks at the snack bar. Anyway, Emily was also dancing around a butterfly when she went back to the land of the living. So what happens to Emily anyway? Is her spirit gone forever or is it gone to heaven or back to the Land of the Dead? I'm so confused! messed

brigitte
I would say she has gone to heaven, I think if she had gone back to the land of the dead, the ground would have probably swallowed her up, and the ending would have been far more unhappy. As the butterflies went upwards, I assume she went to heaven, as when she arrived she came from below, which most people think of as hell. The land of the dead in the film wasn't hell, there was no devil or anything to signify that it was. True it is confusing!

The butterfly has obvious significance, I think when Emily danced around the butterfly, and it was like some kind of magic spell, and she turned into hundreds. I would say her spirit has gone forever, she is no longer in the land of the dead.

How much of the film did you miss - I had the opposite, got there on time, but got cheesed off with the trailers - must have been about 10!!

Council#13
I missed like 10 minutes. I love watching previews and trailers! then i can talk about how much i want to see the movie

brigitte
The first 10 mins was the opening where the butterfly was under the dome. It flew through the town, you saw it passing the fish guy chopping heads off fish and several other town characters, then you saw Victor's family getting ready for wedding rehearsals, and his mother being squeezed into the carriage. That is about it.

Council#13
LOL. Man i missed the mom getting squashed into the carrige? Oh man! :s
Yeah i think that after u go to the land of the dead u eventually go to heaven or hell if ur at peace cause there as many dead ppl as there were living

brigitte
Victor's mother's bosom and backside wobbling as she walked out the house at the beginning was pretty good attention to detail. Her rather large body moving under her clothes as she walked, everything swayed and wobbled in time with the steps she took. Very good attention to detail.

Sorry to lower the tone, but I was pretty amazed at how real it looked.

Council#13
lol

Lady_Wonka
I saw it the day it came out in the cinema, its practically religion that i must see any tim burton film or a film with johnny depp in it the day it is out in the cinema. Unfortunatly i broke that rule on CATCF, opps!

Dordaness
i dunno whether i wanna see it, it looks a little immature

DarkDethbringer
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
For some reason, I want to see this movie.
by god a post with is it Comprehensible in it! eek!

ladygrim
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
^^and your how old again?

laughing out loud

Council#13
*yawns*

Buckaroo
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride is coming to DVD on January 31st here in the U.S.!~
I hope you're all planning on buying the DVD and supporting this film once again. It has a good deal of special features to offer. A music only track to go along with the animation, a tour of the puppet shop, interviews with the animators about their character's motivation and such, and features with Tim Burton and Danny Elfman. Good stuff all around. The dvd website just launched and it's looking pretty promising. You should check it out. corpsebridedvd.com . The site is going to have goodies that we fans would appreciated. A podcast from Danny Elfman! A poetry contest. A desktop maggot for any fans of the little green guy. I thought he was a good addition to the movie. big grin There's some other stuff worth checking out, too.
Anyway, I'm a huge fan of animation and am especially fond of stop-motion claymation. Ever since Gumby~. I loved Corpse Bride. I saw it in theater with a group from my animation class last semester and we all thought it was so amazing. The color, the style... It's such a beautiful film. I can't wait to buy this DVD.

Council#13
woot

ladygrim
its out otday in the uk woohoo

Council#13
woopie!

powerfulone1987
Yeah, i finally got to see this movie.

is it comprehensible.....

s|m
I saw corpse bride about a month ago...
It seemed pretty cool at first, but after I saw it, I was a little disappointed erm
Its nicely done, but the story is wee bit... boring, though it has some funny parts.
The whole "marriage" thing ticked me off erm
I didn't go to the cinema to see it; so I missed the ending...

I personally like "The nighmare before christmas" more..

office jesus
Eh. Not a big fan of Burton's work myself. His films are..what's the word? Odd? Nevermind the fact that he destroyed a children's classic.

powerfulone1987
what classic?

is it comprehensible.....

IdleTwilight
Originally posted by s|m
I saw corpse bride about a month ago...
It seemed pretty cool at first, but after I saw it, I was a little disappointed erm
Its nicely done, but the story is wee bit... boring, though it has some funny parts.
The whole "marriage" thing ticked me off erm
I didn't go to the cinema to see it; so I missed the ending...

I personally like "The nighmare before christmas" more..

I actually liked Corpse Bride a bit more. From a cinematic standpoint (cinematography, score. etc) it's a superior movie IMO although the story is a little simple, I don't think it takes away from the overall movie. The animation in Corpse Bride is some of the best I've ever seen. It truly deserves to with the Academy Award for best animated picture this year. I'm disappointed I didn't win the poetry contest on the official site though @ corpsebridedvd.com I would have loved to win something from the movie. (I'm a huge fan can't you tell) oh well I will probably pick up the mcfarlane toys when I get a chance.

ladygrim
The only thing that pee'd me off with this movie is that they tried to introduce singing into i think they were trying to hard to replace NBC but it didnt work if they left it with just a score it be cool

Council#13
*farts*
sorry

Buckaroo
LoL that's a quality contribution you've got there. *lights a match*
On another note, The corpsebridedvd.com site's poetry contest is over and I didn't win. I thought i had a chance, but I was wrong. *shrugs* It would've been nice to get one of those puppets from the movie, though. I'll just stick with those mcfarlane toys CB figures. hahaha.
Anyway, who thinks that Corpse Bride will in the academy award? It's up against Howl's Moving Castle and Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. I'm still putting my money on Corpse Bride ftw.

Council#13
Just a little thing off topic:
Brothers Grimm was a bad movie. it was really dumb with no real theme and just a bunch of boy-looking girls running around and some water

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.