KIt and Plo vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Admiral Akbar
Interesting match up If this has been done before.. then we need a new search engine. Anyway,

If you dont think One of these belongs there you could replace them with Tarados Gon.

Darth Avis
i did kit vs maul and some people thought kit can win so the jedi pwn

Admiral Akbar
KIt would not beat Maul alone, Jiin is better than Kit fisto and he died. SO this should balance the fight.

Lord Simus
So because other people said Kit would win you think he would? If so you need to stop relying on others to argue for you.

Darth Avis
okay okay but there are lots of smart paople here... still maul is dead

Lord Simus
No hes not he could beat both of these guys it wouldn't be easy but he would do it.

Admiral Akbar
umm, ok... thats your opinion.. anyone else?

Darth Avis
why would they lose? They are both on the council and maul is a very average (not bad) sith

darthsith19
The Jedi. Plo alone may be able to beat Maul (but probably not). Kit alone would put up a fair fight. Together they'd win for sure. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan together won. Plo and Kit > Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan

Admiral Akbar
well that last statement is true..
But Maul also beat both Jin and Obi. He died, but he did beat them.

Deus Ex
Yeah, but Plo Koon and Kit Fisto would be more capable than Qui-Gon and padawan Obi-Wan I would think.

Admiral Akbar
Wasnt Kit a jedi knight or padawan during TPM? I know Plo was a master.

Deus Ex
I think he was a knight. I'm not sure how he reached the rank of master actually, because he was still a knight as of The Cestus Deception, which was six months after AOTC. (The Clone Wars itself was three years long)

But even then he was Obi-Wan's peer in combat. Perhaps in some ways better because he was more aggressive. ROTS doesn't do him any justice, really.

Admiral Akbar
Yeh, poor Kit, at least he blocked a few strikes.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Deus Ex
I think he was a knight. I'm not sure how he reached the rank of master actually, because he was still a knight as of The Cestus Deception, which was six months after AOTC. (The Clone Wars itself was three years long)

But even then he was Obi-Wan's peer in combat. Perhaps in some ways better because he was more aggressive. ROTS doesn't do him any justice, really.

I think he ranked master right after he infiltrated the planet doh! whats that planet with water and the admiral akbar looking aliens. Forgot..

Deus Ex
That fight bugs me. Four jedi standing there. No one takes off those cumbersome robes. Sidious attacks. His initial psycho crusher-esque move doesn't even reach the top of the stairs. He comes forward. Mace steps back and readies himself. Sidious lances Agen Kolar with a horribly telegraphed stab. He then nabs Sassee before the notable jedi (Who was the appointed leader in a strike on The Cloak of Deception) can even react. Mace and Kit dance around Sidious, and Kit dies to a relatively simple slash. Enter cheesy, awkward swordfight.

So yeah... stupid.

Admiral Akbar
Very stupid...Thats one of the worst parts in ROTS. Sids was eager to get some...

Deus Ex
It would have been more believable if he had simply overcome the three using the Force or something. Like throwing hsi chair at them with one hand and shocking them with Force lightning with the other. Something better than that. I've seen four year olds put up better defenses.

Admiral Akbar
lol

This fight would be so different if they attacked sids first, why did they sit there and talk...

Another thing, In the movie he told them to focus on his thoughts and figure out what he was thinking righ then after that he jumped at him and clouded thier visions, Its hard to focus on two things at once, they were still capable of fighting, but not very well because they focused on something else. If all 4 attacked sidious I doubt he would survive at all. Again this is my opinion..

Darth_Glentract
At first when I saw that fight I thought Sidious must have used some technique to freeze the Jedi, but Mace was able to overcome it; similar to Exar against Vodo in the Senate Chamber. It turns out that (most probable) he didn't do anything. I wonder if perhaps he did use some technique to slow them down though.

Admiral Akbar
Mace can see through the shrould of the darkside, maybe thats why he was able to defeat sidious, or at leat one of the reasons.

I dont think he froze them because mace was standing there and fighting...Others say Sids is truly better than all 4 and that he could have beat mace if he used the force, well dident yoda say that when him and dooku locked sabers it was a contest of the force? Yet Mace owned sidious when they locked sabers.... what does that mean?

Darth_Glentract
I came up with a big theory on it. No one seemed to consider is plausible.

Admiral Akbar
mmm

Admiral Akbar
Random Picture time!

Oh btw does anyone have a pic of mace locking saber with sids? I saw it in a video but not picture..

Deus Ex
Revenge of the Pics!

Admiral Akbar
lol.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
well that last statement is true..
But Maul also beat both Jin and Obi. He died, but he did beat them.
Yes, he did beat both of them, but only just. The Jedi would still win in this one.

As far as I know Kit was a Master in TPM. he was for sure a Master in AOTC and ROTS and he wasn't a Padawan in TPM, he might have been a knight but I don't think so.

Wow, I didn't know that. I was sure he was a Master in AOTC. Thatnks for the info, Janus.

Deus Ex
Well, they call Kit Fisto and Obi-Wan knights in the novel. But keep in mind they also call Luminara a knight in The Approaching Storm, even though she was already called a Jedi Master in the earlier novel, The Cloak of Deception. More EU incongruity. Kit could very well have been a master by AOTC or even TPM.

ReverendMakashi
Off topic. . .when Sidious lept for the Jedi he was shrieking using a Force Scream? Could that have affected them in some wierd way?

DarthMaul9123
the real reall real reason darth maul died is so that george kept obiwan alive because it wouldnt make sense to the movie to kill him off, but in reality maul would handle the both of them plus he could take kit and plo, but i dont want to sound like a fanboy its just i honestly think maul would win

Deus Ex
Originally posted by ReverendMakashi
Off topic. . .when Sidious lept for the Jedi he was shrieking using a Force Scream? Could that have affected them in some wierd way?

Good question. Whatever it was, it was blood curdling.

DarthMaul9123
i dont see the point of a blood curtling scream except to scare someone but thats not a very good tactic

Deus Ex
He DID kill three jedi in as many seconds. It must have done something, because it sure as hell wasn't his lightning quick moves that overcame them.

DarthMaul9123
did he yell then i dont remember that in the movie

ReverendMakashi
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
did he yell then i dont remember that in the movie

He was screaming like a banshee. . .it's not possible for him to kill three powerful Jedi Masters that quik without using a confusing power of some sort. Saesee Tiin was a very good pilot and was a good swordsman in his own. Same with Agen Kolar and Kit Fisto. . .

overlord
In the original Star Wars story there certainly was a jedi scream wich was used to scare wookies(in that scene), it was to create confusion for getting a possible advantage over other warriors. So if Lucas made that up himself it must be true for his SW universe, although it's pretty wacky.. In that script Anakin constantly let out some amazing scream.

Admiral Akbar
Then why wasnt mace effected by it? Anyway, I believe he told them to use thier telepathy powers to try and find out his inner thoughts and then he clouded them, and went for the kill. thats my opinion. As for Kit, well that was odd... He is not a telepathic... maybe sidis used some other kind of distraction..

overlord
Mace wasn't one of the dumb jedi, that's the answer to your first question.
But I do think George used that idea in RotS as he used a whole lot of his old stories. He never completely abondoned his idea's. (luckily he did do so with the kiber crystal though)

Admiral Akbar
Wait a sec here, none of those ejdi were dumb. A dumb jedi would be anakin, but not those respected council members..

Fishy
They weren't exactly smart either... They should have seen that coming.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by overlord
Mace wasn't one of the dumb jedi, that's the answer to your first question.
But I do think George used that idea in RotS as he used a whole lot of his old stories. He never completely abondoned his idea's. (luckily he did do so with the kiber crystal though)

im not up to date with kibur crystal info, why did he abandon it, im not vry informed in that area.

overlord
It was this stupid crystal wich everybody was after in the second rough draft of the star wars written by George Lucas, the jedi had it and it greatly multiplied their power or something. It was really unnecessary as the last remaining jedi already had to be powerful jedi masters to have survived. So the first rough draft was much better than the second.

On topic: The jedi masters would waste this little sith!

Deus Ex
It was never made by GL; it's an Alan Dean Foster creation, and it appeared in Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

overlord
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Wait a sec here, none of those ejdi were dumb. A dumb jedi would be anakin, but not those respected council members..

They came to arrest him, they could have expected resistance.
Of course they couldn't have predicted Sidious' fighting style but they did die like they were padawans or something.

Fishy
They should never be considered as anything better. the PT Jedi suck.

overlord
It was never made by GL; it's an Alan Dean Foster creation, and it appeared in Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

And George Lucas thought about borrowing that idea when he made up the script for the first SW? What is your source? (I know it was also used in the splinter of the minds eye comics.) How come this makes no sense?

Deus Ex
Originally posted by overlord
And George Lucas thought about borrowing that idea when he made up the script for the first SW? What is your source? (I know it was also used in the splinter of the minds eye comics.) How come this makes no sense?

Uh, no. What's -your- source? You are the one making the seemingly bogus claim. No one else in KMC or elsewhere has ever uttered the idea that GL wanted the kaiburr crystal in his movies. The claim originates with you. Your duty now is to prove up.

overlord
Do I really have to prove it? Have you never read those first drafts?
You can for instance typ in Kiber crystal and the first thing you will see is the second rough draft of 'the star wars', in the third there was a smaller role for it.
Here's a quote: "Obi-Wan hands Luke the Kiber Crystal shard, the scene immediately cuts to the Crystal Chapel on Alderaan, where Darth Vader and two other Sith Lords suddenly feel a great disturbance in the Force. 'Darth, did you feel that?' one asks."

Still.. Why do I have to prove it? It's not an attack to Deus ex.
If you have never read them, I really recommend reading the rather large first one, that one really impressed me.

DarthMaul9123
well if you didnt prove it you would get unssuported bs all the time like darth maul takes yoda because he was the coolest person and sh!t like that so dont go posting off without proving it first!!!!!!

Sorgo
Uh, no. What's -your- source? You are the one making the seemingly bogus claim. No one else in KMC or elsewhere has ever uttered the idea that GL wanted the kaiburr crystal in his movies. The claim originates with you. Your duty now is to prove up.

Janus, what happened to ye old username? I hate Deus Ex! WE WANT JANUS!

DarthMaul9123
JANUS! JANUS! JANUS! (people ferociously screaming out to janus)

overlord
He's ashamed of the jawa's! hahaha!! C3PO rocks politely to eternity!

http://www.godamongdirectors.com/scripts/swd1.shtml
Trust me, it's real.. And it has already have had it's own threads in the EU forum.

Deus Ex
http://www.theforce.net/episode1/oldPreq/anhvsepi.htm

If this is credible, you're right. Surprised I never heard about this.

Deus Ex
Eh? I am always Janus. But I like Deus Ex. It's fitting.

But thank you for the applause. I take donations in cash and credit.

overlord
I don't blaim you, it's quite often reffered to on some legitible sites though, of course not the starwars.com for example because that is only about the official SW facts..

The first one is quite the mature script, it reminded me of Dune somehow.. It had quite some bloodshed. But of course there is still the basic shiny droid and little droid story and the bar scene. (chopping people in half to showoff the lightsaber)

DarthMaul9123
ROAHGPDH FGKLHSdh ;kasblvks lfaj

overlord
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
ROAHGPDH FGKLHSdh ;kasblvks lfaj

Is that the newest internet slang? wink

Deus Ex
I think he just hit the keyboard with his head.

overlord
The poor kid was just ragged on by me and then by illustrious for breaking a thread rule.. He must be pretty angry now..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.