Four Storms Heading for Hawaii

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CobbleR
There are four storms heading for the islands that I inhabit and probly a few other of us on this board, the first two are hurricanes and the second two are tropical storms. I only know that Jova(the first hurricane) was a catagorie 2 as of the 16th and Kenneth(the second) was a catagorie 3 as of the 16th. If any one finds anything on these storms please post here. My parents don't feel the need to prepare. Jova is probly going to miss according to the local news. I have a feeling these next couple of weeks won't be very fun.

Phoenix Aska
Originally posted by CobbleR
There are four storms heading for the islands that I inhabit and probly a few other of us on this board, the first two are hurricanes and the second two are tropical storms. I only know that Jova(the first hurricane) was a catagorie 2 as of the 16th and Kenneth(the second) was a catagorie 3 as of the 16th. If any one finds anything on these storms please post here. My parents don't feel the need to prepare. Jova is probly going to miss according to the local news. I have a feeling these next couple of weeks won't be very fun.

those people down in new orleans where katrina struck weren't prepared and look what happened to them..and they had a month's warning in advance...

it's always good to be prepared stick out tongue

Kosta
If they dont feel the need to prepare, then they will feel the need to call for help once, God forbid, something bad happens. erm

CobbleR
Please do not bust my balls for a mistake my parents are making, information on these storms would be helpful.

Phoenix Aska
Originally posted by CobbleR
Please do not bust my balls for a mistake my parents are making, information on these storms would be helpful.

you should try and convince your parents to prepare then and speak hypothetically...lol

Kosta
Not busting your balls dude, and I dont mean to come accross that way. Sorry.

CobbleR
It's alright, just kind of freaked out and jumpy about the storms.

Kosta
Thats understandable.

fini
well Hawaii has had a LOT of storms over the years, SO i guess that the people living there will KNOW when to prepare. SO i am guessing that if your parents dont want to prepare then they probably feel that its not gonna be too bad.

HMMM from the maps, it looks like the only one that will be affecting is Hurricane Jova. But forecast models put it swinging east of the island chain. Hmmm I think they will have to look out for Hurricane Kenneth though, it could still swing a bit more west than the northwest path it is taking but it looks unlikely.

Ah to put your mind at ease, Hawaii lies next to a cold water interface, and in regular english that means that hurricanes will tend to move either to the left or right of the Island chains.

Afterall, when have YOU heard about a hurricane devastating HAwaii???.....ok there was Iniki in 1992, but the damage was certain, it was a CAT 5, but people knew to take adequate shelter.

SOOOOO dont worry !!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.