Spider-Man vs Gambit,Green Arrow and Hawkeye

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Good fight. Is Spider-Mans agility fast enough to keep him alive if so can he win.

Pointinel
is he only supposed to evade the attacks to win?

or must he beat them up?

golem370
Well if he can evade the attack can he get in fast enough to beat them.

leonheartmm
not fast enough to do much against a volley of charged cards.

JirK
too much shooting. spiderman may loose. too bad, i thought he could handle anything.

roughrider
Spider-Man will take out Gambit and Green Arrow with hoofs to the face, before that cunning bugger Hawkeye falls flat on his back while shooting a glue arrow that richocets up and behind Spidey, splattering and holding him in place while Hawkeye draws and shoots his adamantium arrow. Nuff said!

wolverine8888
good fight but spdierman will win on one vs one any of them they lose very fast but all them workign togather could give him a match but there no way they will win

Sparkz
Spidey takes this easy, after all he can dodge 5 smg's going off at the same time, no reason why he can't dodge a few cards and 2 arrows is there. unless Hawkeye uses an exploding arrow, in midair the force of the blast stuns spidey and knocks him flying and then he is impaled by another arrow thus spidey being dead, as he is stunned from the blast and can't avoid the arrow. (not an adimantium 1 tho, whats the point of wasting that on sum1 who can be impaled by a normal 1) Ok so spidey dnt take this easy. i say this is another 50 50 fight can go either way, depending on who is smarter.

Oh and why the vendetta aginst spider-man ppl seem to put him in fights gainst 3 heroes all the time. its so unfair where is the love ppl where is the love.

K3VIL
Sonic arrow.Gas Arrow.Flashbang Arrow.
Meanwhile, Net Arrow, Explosive Arrow, Glue Arrow, Boxing Glove Arrow, and some explosive cards.
Bye Spidey

Sparkz
Originally posted by K3VIL
Sonic arrow.Gas Arrow.Flashbang Arrow.
Meanwhile, Net Arrow, Explosive Arrow, Glue Arrow, Boxing Glove Arrow, and some explosive cards.
Bye Spidey

The only problem with that is I don't think all those arrows can be fired at once, I may be wrong never realy read hawkeye or green arrow, but if they can only fire 1-3 arrows each at a time spidey still has a pretty good chance of winning unless of course they big explosives and spidey is slightly screwed. well ok a bit more than slightly he is fuffed.

jgiant
Spiderman Loses, these guys are too acurate and have too many weapons, spidey will be overwelmed...

Creshosk
Originally posted by Sparkz
The only problem with that is I don't think all those arrows can be fired at once, I may be wrong never realy read hawkeye or green arrow, but if they can only fire 1-3 arrows each at a time spidey still has a pretty good chance of winning unless of course they big explosives and spidey is slightly screwed. well ok a bit more than slightly he is fuffed. They can fire multilpe arrows at a time each.

King KAM
Originally posted by roughrider
Spider-Man will take out Gambit and Green Arrow with hoofs to the face, before that cunning bugger Hawkeye falls flat on his back while shooting a glue arrow that richocets up and behind Spidey, splattering and holding him in place while Hawkeye draws and shoots his adamantium arrow. Nuff said!
You all do realize that Green Arrow is abetter fighter than batman right?? which means that he can probably give spidey a run for his money, so i wouldnt count them out, also, I think that Gambit GreenArrow, and Hawkeye all have too goood of aim.

Metalmanx
I agree that this could go 50/50. I want Spidey to have the advantage so bad here, but he really can't. Not against these three. (Thanks for not making it against Bullseye, by the way. He would make things a little too challenging with the others).

I think there's a pretty even chance of Spidey taking these guys down (what with thier peak human endurance and his spider sense), just like I think there's also a pretty good chance these three can take them down with their superior firepower.

This is a close one. I stick by my previous statement. 50/50.

golem370
bump

who?-kid
SM recently caught - at the same time - five or so arrows from some sort of Hawkeye clone with his webs.

It depends on what arrows the real Hawkeye will use, and how well they work together.

If they work together and come up with a decent plan, I give it to the trio 9/10. If not, 5-6/10 for Spider-Man.

golem370
doing that would be a little unfair.

golem370
bump

MuffinmanMike
Well Hawkeyes dead so HE'S not problem. wink

In all honesty, I think Spidey can take it. I'm sure he knows better than to underestimate Hawkeye and Gambit. He'll probably go for them first, seeing as how he'd rather get them out and go for Green Arrow than risk taking Green Arrow down and not being able to take out Hawkeye and Gambit.

TheKahn
Imo, Spiderman should takes these guys out pretty easily. All he really has to do is avoid their attacks just long enough to web them up. They don't have the physical strength or a type of attack that could free them (aside from maybe Gambit. I'm not sure if he is immune from his own power so he might could just blow up the webs).

Once he gets the Green Arrow and Hawkeye webbed up, all he might have to face is Gambit and I think Spidey could take him (he as a lot of practice at dodgeing explosives)

marvelprince
Spider-Man easily dodges machine gun fire, I doubt some arrows and cards are gonna get to him. Not to underestimate these guys, they rock but Spider-Man is just on another level. He was wicked fast already, plus now with his upgrade since the other how dodges these guys and blitz them all

Sixth_Winged
Spider-man for the majority IMO. All those variety of arrows has to hit to do damage and those area effect ones needs to actually caught Spider-man within it's viscinity but seeing how fast he is, he could just come near them like any sane person would do to force them h2h.......well, why would he do that if he has his stingers anyway.

Not saying the team couldn't win or there is no possibility he can be hit by the arrows either but I really think it's easier for spider-man to win since the projectiles are slow compared to him. Bullets would fare better.

StyleTime
I could have sworn I posted in this thread when it was first made.

A lot of people are underestimating the team. I believe every here has area effect weapons at their disposal so Spiderman will have to dodge much more than the arrows/cards themselves. Don't underestimate throwing speed either. When serious, Gambit throws cards faster that thought. He has also caused explosions the size of small buildings. Hawkeye also has that nifty sunburst arrow. All three are insanely accurate. With the sheer firepower and accuracy of all three, Spiderman is going down. He may not get raped, but he'll lose.

I wonder if Gambit's charm would dampen the spider sense?

Team 6-7/10

NoFate007
The archers he can take. Gambit thrown in there as well, no. They have too much at their arsenal. Picture basically a bunch of arrows of different kinds (flashbang, explosive, normal even) and a bunch of explosive cards and whatever else Gambit wants to chuck. Spider-Man's a good dodger but he's not that good.

AJ4LIFE
spidey has took on the x-men himself so he can take them on

marvelprince
Spider-Man is a smart fighter, all he has to do is being the fight in close. I see him going for a blitz to Gambit first and since he's blitzing Gambit the others probably aren't gonna try to fire since they don't want to hit Gambit and because Spider-Man moves so erractically they won't be able to land good shots. Or he could just web up Ollie and Clint and then take out Gambit. These guys are good but with Spider-Man able to dodge them and exploit thier weakness which is close range combat, SM wins

Marcus4600
Originally posted by King KAM
You all do realize that Green Arrow is abetter fighter than batman right?? which means that he can probably give spidey a run for his money, so i wouldnt count them out, also, I think that Gambit GreenArrow, and Hawkeye all have too goood of aim.

Uh, Spider-Man punching Batman = Batman with a fist sized hole in him. That's 15 tons of force. Spidey hits one of these guys full force, they die. I think Spidey can take this with his upgrades from The Other.

StyleTime
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
spidey has took on the x-men himself so he can take them on
In the teams defense, I don't believe he has ever fought the X-Men when Gambit was there.
Originally posted by marvelprince
These guys are good but with Spider-Man able to dodge them and exploit thier weakness which is close range combat, SM wins
Gambit is actually adept at close range combat. He has a staff and enhanced physical attributes. He doesn't just throw cards.

Not to mention, Spiderman has been stabbed by Wolverine in hand to hand. Gambit has not.

marvelprince
Originally posted by King KAM

Where did you get this info from? Green Arrow is not a better fighter than Batman unless your talking about Green Arrow II (Conner Hawke) who I don't think is the Green Arrow being used here. I agree that Gambit, Hawkeye and Green Arrow all have good aims but what good is it gonna do against a man is has waaay superior speed and reflexes, spider-sense and unpredictable movements. Plus he has the strength to take them all down in one hit and webbing which they won't get out off easily. Spider-Man is too much for them in a fight. Now if this was a darts game... big grin

marvelprince
Originally posted by StyleTime
In the teams defense, I don't believe he has ever fought the X-Men when Gambit was there.

Gambit is actually adept at close range combat. He has a staff and enhanced physical attributes. He doesn't just throw cards.

Not to mention, Spiderman has been stabbed by Wolverine in hand to hand. Gambit has not.

I know Gambit is an excellent h2h combat, but I was just pointing out that his strength is in his ranged attacks (his cards). Besides when compared to Spider-Man his enhanced abilities don't really say much.

In the ish where Wolverine stabbed Spidey they were having a simple sparring match which Spider-Man wasn't even taking seriously. Spider-Man has punked Wolverine before by just webbing him up with his fists stuck to head. Besides, if Wolverine really wanted to stab Gambit I'm pretty sure he could.

AJ4LIFE
im here for ya bud

AJ4LIFE
oh come on gambit is crap

soleran30
I do like these 3 guys and if they are smart ( they are) they'll all just flashbang SM to stun him and not actually aim for him and put him down after SM is dazed the 3 for the win.

Now if they are stupid and just use arrows and gambit is using cards SM wins.....................to many scenarios for SM to win especially with his new speed.

Darth Kal-El
Whichever version of Green Arrow is a match for Spider-man alone.

AJ4LIFE
it dont matter which one hes to good for them all

Darth Kal-El
Connor Hawke outclasses Spidey in fighting skills. He's almost as good as Batman in martial arts. His abilities are metahuman. He can't be dodging two archers and a street leveler with exploding cards. Peter can probably pull it off 4/10 times.

marvelprince
Originally posted by soleran30
I do like these 3 guys and if they are smart ( they are) they'll all just flashbang SM to stun him and not actually aim for him and put him down after SM is dazed the 3 for the win.

Now if they are stupid and just use arrows and gambit is using cards SM wins.....................to many scenarios for SM to win especially with his new speed.

But thats why I think these guys will lose. They are all marksman and have insanely accurate shots. They're not gonna just fire wild shots, they're gonna aim and try to take down Spidey which with precision. This isn't gonna work cause with Spider-Man's spider-sense and his erratic fighting style they won't be able to draw a bead on him.

And thanx for the back up AJ

marvelprince
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
Connor Hawke outclasses Spidey in fighting skills. He's almost as good as Batman in martial arts. His abilities are metahuman. He can't be dodging two archers and a street leveler with exploding cards. Peter can probably pull it off 4/10 times.

Spider-Man can't dodge arrows and cards? I know these guys are good but arrows and cards travel slower than bullets which Spider-Man has no problem dodging. Plus he is also amazing accurate with his web. People will think Spider-Man is just gonna be dodging these guys the whole fight so there's no way he'll win. He dodge and web up each of them and then just move in to finish each with a punch.

And if you think that either of the Green Arrows alone are a match for Spider-Man you must be tripping. I think you need to check out the Spider-Man respect thread and just look at his speed and dodging feats

soleran30
yes indeedsmile Spiderman should win most of these fights but they do have a chance 7/10 spiderman

Scoobless
The trio has a very limited supply of weapons.... 20 arrows each or something.... what's to stop Spidey hitting their quivers with webbing, stopping them from drawing out any arrows?

TheKahn
Originally posted by Scoobless
The trio has a very limited supply of weapons.... 20 arrows each or something.... what's to stop Spidey hitting their quivers with webbing, stopping them from drawing out any arrows?

That's the problem I see too. Web attacks would just be too effective against these guys

StyleTime
I know Gambit is an excellent h2h combat, but I was just pointing out that his strength is in his ranged attacks (his cards). Besides when compared to Spider-Man his enhanced abilities don't really say much.

In the ish where Wolverine stabbed Spidey they were having a simple sparring match which Spider-Man wasn't even taking seriously. Spider-Man has punked Wolverine before by just webbing him up with his fists stuck to head. Besides, if Wolverine really wanted to stab Gambit I'm pretty sure he could.
No Wolverine could not. Wolverine has been seriously trying to stab Gambit EVERYTIME they fight. Gambit is usually playing around and never gets stabbed.

Gambit's strength is not in his cards. It's one of his strengths but he does more than just throw cards.
Spider-Man can't dodge arrows and cards?
He can't dodge all of the effects of the arrows/whatever Gambit decides to throw.
But thats why I think these guys will lose. They are all marksman and have insanely accurate shots. They're not gonna just fire wild shots, they're gonna aim and try to take down Spidey which with precision.
They all frequently use indirect shooting. Hawkeye usually shoots that sunburst arrow around the target and not directly at him. Gambit also frequently aims to make environmental hazards when he throws cards.

Darth Kal-El
Gambit telekinetically charges up all of Green Arrow and Hawkeye's arrows before they shoot. Then boom! Well i admit Spidey has a chance to win 6/10. But Connor's martial arts are immensely dangerous.

marvelprince
No Wolverine could not. Wolverine has been seriously trying to stab Gambit EVERYTIME they fight. Gambit is usually playing around and never gets stabbed.

Gambit's strength is not in his cards. It's one of his strengths but he does more than just throw cards.

He can't dodge all of the effects of the arrows/whatever Gambit decides to throw.

They all frequently use indirect shooting. Hawkeye usually shoots that sunburst arrow around the target and not directly at him. Gambit also frequently aims to make environmental hazards when he throws cards.

K, this isn't a Wolverine vs Gambit thread so I'll back off with that, but you are right about Gambit dodging Wolverine, I take back what I said.

But I have to disagree about Gambit's strength. His strength is in this explosive projectiles. Not to say he's not bad-ass without them, but ability is his biggest assest. Just like one of Spider-Man's biggest strength is his spider-sense, w/o it he becomes way less effective.

They all may use indirect shooting, but usually they try to hit their targets. If that doesn't work then they'll switch. Which method they decide to use shouldn't matter much to Spidey since his spider-sense will alert him to danger no matter where its coming from.

And like scoobles said what to stop Spidey from webbing their quivers to prevent them from using their arrows, or from webbing their hands to their bows when they're preparing to fire or webbing Gambit's hands before he gets to launch his cards?

Oh and Conner Hawke is one bad mo' fo'

AJ4LIFE
all he needs is to land 3 good punches and their done, 1 one each of them

willRules

Actually wolverine has beaten Gambit. he managed to even pin him to the floor with his claws either side of Gambit's neck, ready to pop the middle claw straight through Remy's neck.

I think spidey takes this. We are talking about a guy who dodges lasers, bullets knives and explosions every day of the week.

StyleTime
Originally posted by willRules
Actually wolverine has beaten Gambit. he managed to even pin him to the floor with his claws either side of Gambit's neck, ready to pop the middle claw straight through Remy's neck.

And Gambit has beaten Wolverine. He managed to even get Wolverine down on the ground with a charged staff on Wolverine's throat. Gambit said "Just for the record. Bang. You dead."

Wolverine beating Gambit is PIS/CIS.
K, this isn't a Wolverine vs Gambit thread so I'll back off with that, but you are right about Gambit dodging Wolverine, I take back what I said.
Yes. There is already a Wolverine vs Gambit thread so I'll leave this alone.
But I have to disagree about Gambit's strength. His strength is in this explosive projectiles. Not to say he's not bad-ass without them, but ability is his biggest assest. Just like one of Spider-Man's biggest strength is his spider-sense, w/o it he becomes way less effective.
Your not completely wrong. Gambit's strength is kinetic manipulation altogther. Whether he is using that on himself or the environement, he would be considerably less powerful without it.

They all may use indirect shooting, but usually they try to hit their targets. If that doesn't work then they'll switch. Which method they decide to use shouldn't matter much to Spidey since his spider-sense will alert him to danger no matter where its coming from.
His spidersense is useless if the thing he needs to dodge is too large to actually escape from.
And like scoobles said what to stop Spidey from webbing their quivers to prevent them from using their arrows, or from webbing their hands to their bows when they're preparing to fire or webbing Gambit's hands before he gets to launch his cards?
Gambit is stopping him from doing that actually. Gambit can just charge the web and he has already shown he is capable of hitting Spiderman's webbing midair with his cards. Heck, he was actually holding his own against Spiderman when they had a little skirmish. I'll see if I can post some scans later.

marvelprince
Cool, scans would be awesome. I think Gambit would be Spider-Man's biggest obstacle here but I still don't Gambit would be too hand from Spider-Man to take down

Blade Cutter
Can they hit this?

TheKahn
Personally I just think Spidey is too fast to be hit by just arrows and cards:

Juggy trying to hit him
http://img490.imageshack.us/my.php?image=22915is.gif

Dodging simultaneous blasts from a guy named Chance, who has a suit equipped with a targeting computer
http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29817cz.gif
http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=33655wg.gif

And these were before his Spidersense and speed up grade from "The Other" storyline.

willRules
And Gambit has beaten Wolverine. He managed to even get Wolverine down on the ground with a charged staff on Wolverine's throat. Gambit said "Just for the record. Bang. You dead."

Wolverine beating Gambit is PIS/CIS.

Actually in that issue Logan's healing was screwed up and he wasn't at his full health. It was mentioned in the issue just before the fight by jubilee I think.

And wolverine beating gambit isn't P.I.S or C.I.S IMO......

Blade Cutter
I mean it would be a 50/50 chance before Spider-mans upgrade but now his speed and spider sense are way better and his iron suit will help him against any explosions.

Sixth_Winged
I don't see how Spidey would be too disadvantaged here against area wide effects. Most of those arrows which has that property and the card itself needs to hit something before they explode. It's not like their fighting somewhere with many obstructions that would get hit if suppose they miss Spider-man. Then there's the fact he can get to them closer and that they can't shoot their arrows and throw & charge their cards with instantaneous with each release like an automatic weapon or a gun.

Marcellus
current spiderman 7/10. too fast, ect ect

namorsubby
i've seen spidey dodged ten snipers shooting at him. they arguably may not have been as good, but their projectiles are much faster.

Cavalier
Team

namorsubby
Originally posted by namorsubby
i've seen spidey dodged ten snipers shooting at him. they arguably may not have been as good, but their projectiles are much faster. oh, and more accurate themselves.......the bullets i mean.

Jugglenaut
Originally posted by Blade Cutter
Can they hit this?
Eric Masterson can't hit Spiderman and you call that a FEAT for Spidey? laughing

namorsubby
they all have relatively slower projectiles than spidey is used to dodging. they all can be easily evaded.they all can be taken down with one hit.

edit:

oh, and spidey has long range attacks too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.