dieting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
ok i want to lose like 25 pounds in the next month and a half and for the last week ive ben living off portions of special k, small cans of chicken noodle soup and and 1 egg wih one slice of cheese...its going good but i cant get over the fact of drinking only water and like skim milk and i can't stop my self from drinking a TON of arizona iced tea...hmmm...any suggestions...also any suggestions on diets that work better?

botankus
Have you tried drinking a ton of liquor? If you drink enough you will forget (and be too busy) to eat.

Great username, BTW. But were "allofyousuck" and "allofyousuckk" already taken?

playmean
unfortunately, alcohol can make you bloated. drunk

Deano
ive got a good dieting trick...dont gain weight in the first place, then you wont have to go through all the aggro of buying slimfast when u go shopping
simple really

botankus
Originally posted by playmean
unfortunately, alcohol can make you bloated. drunk

In order to make sure your diet is 100% healthy, all that alcohol should be regurgitated.

playmean
Originally posted by botankus
In order to make sure your diet is 100% healthy, all that alcohol should be regurgitated.

laughing sick

debbiejo
Have you tried drinking a ton of liquor? If you drink enough you will forget (and be too busy) to eat.

Yeah can do that.... laughing out loud

But the best way to lose weight is to lay off the white processed foods..ie breads, cereals, pasta.....butter, bad fats..sugar...eat only lean meat...ie fish, chicken, and beef rarely...only whole wheat...eat more fruits and raw veggies....makes your body crave less food( raw fruits and veggies do)....and drink lots of water like they say....It flushes everything out of your body.....pushes the fat and stuff out...like the 8 glasses a day....It's hard to do that but stop by 4pm, cause you'll be up all night...you know....You'll drop a ton....

If you go on an all protein diet...you'll also drop too, but it's very unhealthy to stay on it long, then you crave breads and donuts....stuff like that, if you stay on it too long....also bad for your kidneys, heart...stuff like that...Everyone that I've known to be on this kind of diet always gains it back...cause of the cravings..

Your body needs complex carbs to function, not much protein.

Hope this helps.. smile

eggmayo
Or just hardly eat anything.

Gold Digger
low carb dieting is the true key. Trust me I lost 40 pounds in like 2 months. And i've kept it off for a year. And I eat whatever I want know.

I'd also suggest only drinking water and diet pop (preferably caffeine free)

And don't eat anything after 7pm.

OH! And most important...EXERCISE.

Do all that and you'll lose all that weight very quickly

Spelljammer
Low-carbing is healthier, it's nutrionaly better, wanting to become a healing shaman, I'm giving you the best advise.

If you're a vegetarian, that's okay. It's not MANDITORY to eat a ceartain way, though if lacto-ovo try to still low-carb with leafy vegetables, eggs, cheese, and soybean. If a vegan, ehh.. whatever.. laughing out loud

My point is, quit dieitng. It's stupid. Really. Why do you want to lose weight? I doubt you actually give a damn about a few extra pounds, most other people don't give a crap either. The fatcats (Pun not intended) up in Washington WANT you to be self conciounce about your weight. They put preservatives and additives in the food that make you hungrier so you eat more and gain weight, the have you stressing out over what you look and act like constantly and stress reduces harmone balance which inevitably makes you MORE unhealthy (not nesscarely weightgain though..) you're then in this spiral of lies and depression, and then you try to diet. Only putting MORE money into the coporate machine's pockets with thier stupid diet schemes that don't apply to real life. Dr. Atkins was one of the exseptions, and noticed everybody calls him a madman. If he were alive today, I'd debate with him that there is no such thing as keotosis and that whole "metabolic advantage" thing is unesscarey. I agree more with Dr. Barry Sears who was a good friend of Atkins and wrote The Zone. (Which most people complain is too long and complicated for a diet plan..)

The simple truth is, stop caring about your weight, and worry about your health and how you feel. That's all that really matters. Moreso the latter. As that will help the former ten fold. I'm no body builder, but as I said, I have to try and use myself as an example of what will happen to people if they do things the spiritual way and not throught the corrupt securalist goverment. I don't take caffiene pills or eat portien bars to get lean and cut. I just work hard and eat hardy. I estimate I have around 7% bodyfat and weigh 160lbs. (Even our loser goverment says most people have 10% which is bull, most people, yes even skinny people have about 15%.)

I hate our goverment so very much. And for so many reasons.. >: \

Gold Digger
we'll stop caring when you men stop caring

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Gold Digger
we'll stop caring when you men stop caring
True, I admit that. I don't do it personaly, but alot of men think it's a joke to demean a woman and how she looks. Women are very sensitive, emotional creatures. And despite how we've been imbended with this idea that that makes you all weak, that's not the case. I value that emotion, that's the power of the Earth Mother. Nuturing, protective, that's life in it's truest essnece. We should be appreciative and compliment women whenever we can. smile

But as I said, try not to worry about it. I say this honost to God, there's no such thing as an ugly woman. The only ugly woman, is an ugly soul. And if you have an ugly soul, then you got alot more to worry about then how you look towards other people.

And none of you have ugly souls, not even ignoramus Lady Luck. stick out tongue

botankus
Originally posted by Spelljammer
I say this honost to God, there's no such thing as an ugly woman.
I'm glad someone finally said this, now I can take my wife out in public without the paper bag:

Spelljammer
laughing out loud

You know, my mom was going to go as Medusa and i'm like "why do you need a costume?" "smartass mad " na dofcourse dad chuckled. We're all going as some sortof Conan type thing..

Mom medusa..
Me a Vodo preist.. or "witch doctor"
Dad a viking..

It's funny in a way cause dad thinks it's irony he's the less evil looking character, yea, notice we're not the idiotic hillbilly who called Vodo Buddhism, evil wins because good is dumb. XP

debbiejo
Low carb is the worst thing you can do for the long term....You're body need complex carbs...different from low carbs of what we get today...If you cut out the complex carbs out for the long term you will have problems...if not physically, it will be emotionally....your body needs complex carbs....Do a study on it......

Gold Digger
Originally posted by debbiejo
Low carb is the worst thing you can do for the long term....You're body need complex carbs...different from low carbs of what we get today...If you cut out the complex carbs out for the long term you will have problems...if not physically, it will be emotionally....your body needs complex carbs....Do a study on it......

did i say long term? No.

Like i said, I lost 40 pounds on a low carb diet I made up on my own (kind of a mixture of the Atkins and the South Beach Diet) and now i can eat whatever I want.

Spelljammer
Why do you think I said vegetables?

Sucralose (rice, bread) is worse then glucose (pure sugar) in my opinion. I estimated the average person needs about as many "net carbs" (take away fiber) as their current body weight in grams.

That's if you have that kindof body. Only 1 out of 3 people do i've estblaished.. If you're the other 2, stick to alot of carbs and protien, and just avoid fat grams under 50grams.. Which is bassicaly the American Heart Asscosiation's take on it now. But America was never known for diversity despite claiming too..

soleran30
Well as far as the carbs go you will lose alot of weight quickly when you stop eating complex carbs simply due to a loss of glycogen and water retention. As far as losing wieght you could just eat 2 snicker bars a day and lose weight because you are below your required caloric input.

Best advice eat in moderation and EXERCISE. The key to sustained wight loss is an increase in physical activity. Increase muscle activity and you will burn more caloriessmile Or what the heck just go on a celery and water diet and be in the negative calorie zone all the time laughing

Gold Digger
Originally posted by soleran30
Well as far as the carbs go you will lose alot of weight quickly when you stop eating complex carbs simply due to a loss of glycogen and water retention. As far as losing wieght you could just eat 2 snicker bars a day and lose weight because you are below your required caloric input.

Best advice eat in moderation and EXERCISE. The key to sustained wight loss is an increase in physical activity. Increase muscle activity and you will burn more caloriessmile Or what the heck just go on a celery and water diet and be in the negative calorie zone all the time laughing

lol true true.The only reason I can eat anything I want is because I'm constantly exercising

soleran30
LoL Gold digger I love that little piece at the bottom of your sig.....like a hooker only smarter.......hilarious!

Yeah anyway the best way to lose weight quickly is just like you said exercise an insane amount. Not really healthy but it works and you sleep great beer

Gold Digger
not an insane amount.

but atleast an hour everday

debbiejo
Originally posted by Gold Digger
, I lost 40 pounds on a low carb diet I made up on my own (kind of a mixture of the Atkins and the South Beach Diet) and now i can eat whatever I want. I said do not do it long term...had a friend of a friend who suffered heart failure because of long term use of high protein diets....though might be an extreme case.

Originally posted by soleran30
Well as far as the carbs go you will lose alot of weight quickly when you stop eating complex carbs simply due to a loss of glycogen
Best advice eat in moderation and EXERCISE. The key to sustained

Wrong....Your body and especially your brain needs a special sugar glucose from complex carbs....It's the processed carbs you need to avoid....and yes excises will do wonders..

What is a complex carbohydrate?
Carbohydrates are considered to be complex carbohydrates or simple carbohydrates based on their chemical structure. But, both have four calories per gram and and both are digested into glucose (a blood sugar). Glucose is used to fuel our bodies during work and exercise. Now days complex carbohydrates are considered to be "good" carbs, while simple are considered "bad. The reason for this is mainly based upon the time it takes for either to be digested by the body.

Simple Carbohydrates are digested very quickly and many simple carbs contain refined sugars and not a lot of essential vitamins and minerals. Simple carbs can be found in fruit and fruit juices, milk, yogurt, honey, and sugar.

Complex carbohydrates digest more slowly which is why they will leave you feeling full longer. They are generally full of fiber and vitamins and minerals. Complex carbs can be found in legumes, breads, pasta, vegetables, and cereals.

Experts recommend that we take in 50-60% of our calories from carbohydrates and most of them should be complex. Keep the simple carbs to a minimum and when you do consume them try to get them from yogurt and fruits because these things also contain vitamins and minerals.

You want to increase you metabolism....

Lana
Low-carb diets are terrible for your body. Diet soda is also very bad for you.

Just a note: low-fat and no-fat things aren't good for you when you're dieting, as your body needs fats. People tend to not lose weight - or gain more - if they eat a lot of no-fat stuff.

The best way to diet and lose weight is to do everything in moderation and eat healthily. Keep in mind though, that on average you should be losing no more than about 2 pounds a week, anymore than that isn't good for your body.

(I've got two doctors for aunts, so that's how I know this stuff)

Spelljammer
You've all been brainwashed by Washington! All carbohydrates are is "mscileniouss macro-nutrients" a carbohydrate is anything that isn't a protien, a fat, ash, or water. That's it! It could be anything!

There's no possible way you could need that much of just "miscleniouss" besides, take a look at our anscestors. How much carbs could they've ate? Before realzing corn abd beans could be boiled and edible, they had to rely on what nature provided.

Fruits.
Nuts.
Eggs.
Milk.
Vegetables.
And meat.

Which are all okay in low-carb regims. (Some moreso then others..) but noticed none of those above have a whole lot of carbohydrates, and if they do, they're in the form of lactose or fructose, which doesn't have nearly as significant of an impact on the glocuse levels of your blood as sucrose or glucose..

They've been telling you carbs are the ticket, yet we have more diabetics in this country now then ever. You can blame it on processed foods, you can blame it on white bread, but when you get right down to it, all the process food, all the white bread, is still just that, bread. There's no justification for it other then "it taste good". As an avid fan of freedom of choice, I say go for it. If you like it, do it. But to me, carbs are like smoking or alchahol. Perhaps not quite on the same level..

But if you notice, alchahol turns to sugar in the body.
And so do carbohydrates.

Quincidence? Or massive conspiracy to detereminte our health so we have to work our asses off to buy medicines and feed the capitalist beast? Just say no to the global market..

Lana
Yeah, because alcohol is made of carbs. Carbs are sugars. Do you know anything of biology?

soleran30
Your body has a way to convert just about anything you eat into glucose. Thats because even though your eating complex carbohydrates your body breaks it down into a simple sugar. So that was a very good break down of carbohydrates but like I said at the end of the day to lose alot of weight quickly cut the carbs and increase activity.

Not the best thing to do however it does work and works quickly. Also keep fats in your diet just be conscious of the types you consume. Monosaturated is best then poly then saturated and trans fats is like a saturated fat as far as your body is concerned for processing. So get crazy and have fun dieting embarrasment

Gold Digger
Originally posted by Lana
Low-carb diets are terrible for your body. Diet soda is also very bad for you.

Just a note: low-fat and no-fat things aren't good for you when you're dieting, as your body needs fats. People tend to not lose weight - or gain more - if they eat a lot of no-fat stuff.

The best way to diet and lose weight is to do everything in moderation and eat healthily. Keep in mind though, that on average you should be losing no more than about 2 pounds a week, anymore than that isn't good for your body.

(I've got two doctors for aunts, so that's how I know this stuff)

well duh! Ofcourse that's the way it's SUPPOSE to be done. But nobody wants to do it that way because it take too long.

You are very correct but people want it done fast

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Lana
Yeah, because alcohol is made of carbs. Carbs are sugars. Do you know anything of biology?
Actually I major in biolgy..

And because I major in biology I know your body doesn't NEED sugars, that's a LIE. If that were the case, the pncrease wouldn't breakdown and people wouldn't get diabetease in the first place! mad

And it's not just cause "they didn't care of themselves" because how do children get it then? Badluck? What? Is it God's fault?

SpellJammer isn't falling for one of the many securalist lies force fed to him! My mother is dieing because of these lies, and she's the only person he trusts!

And that's why SpellJammer masters in biology and alcheimy.

I'm going to make sure no-one gets diabetease again. And destroy everything our evil goverment has created so they could have immortal seats of power. God help me, I'm going to need it..

Lana
Maybe you could spell it right then stick out tongue

Kids get diabetes because their pancreas is unable to produce the insulin to break down the sugars; it can be brought on by an unhealthy diet but oftentimes it isn't. It can also be genetic. My brother's diabetic and it's not because of eating unhealthily, it's because it's something that runs in our family.

It's just like how some people can't tolerate lactose, except lactose-intolerance isn't deadly; if it were I'd be dead by now messed

But the fact remains that the body burns carbs as its main source of energy. Yes, complex carbs are healthier for you than simple sugars. Personally I eat very little in the way of simple sugars, but I eat a lot of complex carbs (pasta mostly).

FeceMan
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
ok i want to lose like 25 pounds in the next month and a half and for the last week ive ben living off portions of special k, small cans of chicken noodle soup and and 1 egg wih one slice of cheese...its going good but i cant get over the fact of drinking only water and like skim milk and i can't stop my self from drinking a TON of arizona iced tea...hmmm...any suggestions...also any suggestions on diets that work better?
Yeah, baby, show us those ribs. sick

Um...what you're doing sounds very unhealthy. Don't be a retard. You can eat whatever you want in moderation. Let me repeat: You can eat whatever you want in moderation. That includes cake, cookies, brownies, candy, and spoonfuls of sugar.

If you're going to starve yourself or some other stupid crap in hopes of attaining a body that is only feasible via platic surgery, then I'm going to start making fun of you.

Red Superfly
Eat less, move around a bit more.

Simple.

DanieLs_4_Ever
That's nasty.
But I agree on ppl that say good stuff on the low carb dieting...my cousin lost 80 lbs on the low carb dieting. She cut out ALL of her breads too.

Red Superfly
On top of running around a bit more and eating less:

Don't give up the crack.

That's a neat little tidbit that everyone can find fun, young and old.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Red Superfly
On top of running around a bit more and eating less:

Don't give up the crack.

That's a neat little tidbit that everyone can find fun, young and old.
Coke addicts are teh uber thin.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by FeceMan
Coke addicts are teh uber thin.

There's a moral in there, kids.

debbiejo
Why do you think Diabetes is on the rise?...especially in children? Hmmmmmm?...What are those kids eating that they didn't eat 50 year or even 20 years ago....It's the carbs....Not the complex carbs....It causes the pancreas to over work....produce much too much insulin for compensation for it.....and why are there more heart probs. in the US?...High protein diets...ie meat, big portions at every meal..(mega meal)...ever watch the movie {Super Size Me?)...and all the fat.....Look at what was the average diet years ago...more simple, not that many heath probs.....It used to be that only older people were getting these health probs...but now it's the little kids....who ever heard of kids with diabetes before 20 years ago?.....Study...nutrition and biology....Its been said that the more man tampers with food the more unhealthy it is for you.....

Even besides that ...it's all the additives ...just not natural....What is it?....Do you Know.?....Why is it that the US soldiers in the Vietnam war weren't decomposing...as fast as the Vietnamese were?....preservatives....and what's that doing to you now?????MSG...Nutrasweet.......But that's another story......

soleran30
I believe diabetes is on the rise due to a lack of consumption of processed carbohydrates and craptastic methods of exercise! smokin'

Lana
Um, diabetes in children still existed 20 years ago; as I said, it's not always caused by diet, a lot of the times it's genetic.

Spelljammer
Okay, that much I will give you. Cause I follow pretty strictly "if it aint natural, it aint in me" and workout around an hour or atleast twenty minutes a day of cardio then push weights while watching adult swim and my pancrease STILL only works sub-par. I'll probably have to take pills in about ten years..

But I've always enocuraged people to cut the carbs and they feel great. They have more energy, their moods have improved, it raises the amount of testerone in the body do to higher protien levels thus encouraging more muscle mass and a healthier physique. The only bad thing about low-carb is if you fake it and just consume sugar free cookies and ice-cream which defeats the whole purpose. Infact in alot of ways low-carbing is like vegetarinsm. Sure they obviously have very differant politics when regarding the animal, but I've noticed both are alot happier. And besides the occassional starch lover, most vegetarians don't even like pasta and rice..

Heck, even the Chinease who are KNOWN for rice don't really eat that much of it. They just eat small bowls mostly poured with a ton of steamed vegetables or they have steamed vegetables with rice sprinkled on it. South Beach my ass, Mo' like South Korea! stick out tongue

silver_tears
My philosophy is to accept the weight and learn to love it droolio

I'm obese really love

Spelljammer
Personaly I love big girls. But then again that's because I know I'm a kinky bastard and when I do get me a girl. Ehmm.. let's just say she's going to need some armour.. wink

FeceMan
Personaly I love big girls. But then again that's because I know I'm a kinky bastard and when I do get me a girl. Ehmm.. let's just say she's going to need some armour.. wink
You're starting to fit in around here.

I can't believe we corrupted you this quickly...

BackFire
Screw it, go eat a pizza and exercise more.

debbiejo
Michigan women are mean aren't they.... big grin ...

Spelljammer
You're starting to fit in around here.

I can't believe we corrupted you this quickly...
I was always like this.

I just was scared if I said anything I'd be labled a sadistic freak.

Then I met Lady Luck and realized, no matter how hard i try.. stick out tongue

FeceMan
I was always like this.

I just was scared if I said anything I'd be labled a sadistic freak.

Then I met Lady Luck and realized, no matter how hard i try.. stick out tongue
Yeah, everyone on KMC is screwed up in a number of ways.

Clovie
get a lot of stress. it will make you loose weight

fini
hmmm, i had this crazy diet some years ago that i made up. Breakfast = tea, little bit of cereal and all the watermelon you can handle, a small lunch, and eat more fruit in the evening. If you ever got hungry during the day, drink water, and even more water, till you're not hungry anymore. And do lots of walking, I was living off campus, so i had to walk to go everywhere, heck in the nighttime, I would walk the mile across campus to go to the net cafe.
I probably lost bout 15 lbs in two weeks.

hmm should think about that diet again, been taking WAYYY too much drugs for my asthma these days and the weight is coming back.

xmarksthespot
Actually I major in biolgy..

And because I major in biology I know your body doesn't NEED sugars, that's a LIE. If that were the case, the pncrease wouldn't breakdown and people wouldn't get diabetease in the first place! mad

And it's not just cause "they didn't care of themselves" because how do children get it then? Badluck? What? Is it God's fault?

SpellJammer isn't falling for one of the many securalist lies force fed to him! My mother is dieing because of these lies, and she's the only person he trusts!

And that's why SpellJammer masters in biology and alcheimy.

I'm going to make sure no-one gets diabetease again. And destroy everything our evil goverment has created so they could have immortal seats of power. God help me, I'm going to need it.. I major in neuroscience from an actual accredited University that doesn't teach alchemy, if you're taking biology you should know that the brain only uses glucose.

debbiejo
I always take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator too...Walking is great....And Yeah...water will fill you up and help pull all the wastes and fats out faster.

FeceMan
Spelljammer for the win!

Your body doesn't need sugars?

...So, are you going to the same school that Chibi Boy attended or what?

Spelljammer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I major in neuroscience from an actual accredited University that doesn't teach alchemy, if you're taking biology you should know that the brain only uses glucose.
Exprience is alot more proof then words can describe. I'm not going to try and convince you, you're pretty passionate in your beliefs and that's good, you should be, now if only they were for the right cause. I'm right for the wrong reasons, you're wrong for the right reasons, get it?

The truth is, those I've told to low-carb feel great. They have unlimited energy, better moods, more harmone production, even thier sex lives have esculated. My mother even tried it and she had to increase starchy vegetable intake because it was working too well and her blood glucose levels were always really low, and this woman injects herself with insulin!

But none of them are upset about the change, and everyone is thankful of me. They didn't follow what I said exactly, but I didn't care, differant people have to make differant choices. What might be my Zone might be someone else's Protien Power. But like spirituality, as long as you believe in something, then it's all gravy from there. And last-time I checked gravy was low-carb.. stick out tongue

Bardock42
My mother is dieing because of these lies, and she's the only person he trusts!

Bardock is not going to laugh cause I am a decent person......ok whatever Bardock will laughing

And you Major in Alchemy.....they still have that.......?

debbiejo
I said glucose, I said it...I said it.... laughing out loud

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
I said glucose, I said it...I said it.... laughing out loud

Hahahahah....cockpit.......that's funny.....

debbiejo
^....Yup...I do kill mean things.....

FeceMan
...So, are you going to the same school that Chibi Boy attended or what?
Quoted for emphasis.

xmarksthespot
Exprience is alot more proof then words can describe. I'm not going to try and convince you, you're pretty passionate in your beliefs and that's good, you should be, now if only they were for the right cause. I'm right for the wrong reasons, you're wrong for the right reasons, get it?

The truth is, those I've told to low-carb feel great. They have unlimited energy, better moods, more harmone production, even thier sex lives have esculated. My mother even tried it and she had to increase starchy vegetable intake because it was working too well and her blood glucose levels were always really low, and this woman injects herself with insulin!

But none of them are upset about the change, and everyone is thankful of me. They didn't follow what I said exactly, but I didn't care, differant people have to make differant choices. What might be my Zone might be someone else's Protien Power. But like spirituality, as long as you believe in something, then it's all gravy from there. And last-time I checked gravy was low-carb.. stick out tongue If your mother is a type-I diabetic then she's already at a higher risk of developing ketoacidosis. An improper diet in which the body is forced to utilise proteins and fats as sole sources of energy is likely to exacerbate that risk.

BlackC@t
Well, my friend pretty much starved himself and lost 10 kg in 6 months erm

Then again, he has depression and massive weight loss is a symptom...

Spelljammer
Originally posted by BlackC@t
Well, my friend pretty much starved himself and lost 10 kg in 6 months erm

Then again, he has depression and massive weight loss is a symptom...
Being depressed and not eating cause all you think about is your depression will do that to ya..

botankus
Being depressed and not eating cause all you think about is your depression will do that to ya..

I have a question here...who exactly is optimistic about being depressed?

debbiejo
Yeah heavy restrictive dieting will cause an imbalance and depression..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.