The Vishanti vs Eternity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HigH ScholaR
The Vishanti vs Eternity

the nigh omnipotent cosmic beings are watching
the nigh omnipotent mistic beings are watching

LT is the judge
They fight in a nexus of dimension not part of the multiverse.

shuma gorath is trying to get some sleep when they fight

Who wins

leonidas
eternity.

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
eternity.
ya eternity wins

long pig
How do you figure?

I'm not being a dick, but how do you measure that type of power enough to decide a winner?

KillAll
because eternity isnt just a cosmic wielder. he has vast magical powers as well. so i'd say he takes it...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by KillAll
because eternity isnt just a cosmic wielder. he has vast magical powers as well. so i'd say he takes it...

Indeed. As stated many a time in Strange Tales by DS himself. He certainly believes Eternity to be beyond the Vishanti. Come on LP you should know this!! stick out tongue

long pig
True enough, but still.....a human's perceptions don't account for much.

You think Eternity could walk into the Vishanti's own dimension and dominate?

KillAll
is his dimension part of the universe??? if so, yes...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by long pig
True enough, but still.....a human's perceptions don't account for much.

You think Eternity could walk into the Vishanti's own dimension and dominate?

Well Strange is the one character in Marvel with the most dealings with them. He's invoked both opposing parties powers so id say its safe to go along with his word

long pig
Eternity might win, but he isn't by any means all powerful. Being taken out by Nightmare one day and taken out by the Ancient One the next.

KillAll
^^^^^^^when did that happen?

GalacticStorm
Eternity might win, but he isn't by any means all powerful. Being taken out by Nightmare one day and taken out by the Ancient One the next.

Plot device? confused

We know Strange considers him the most powerful mystical force in the marvel universe anyway.

long pig
DSMMA#13

I have scans if you need them.

Possible P.I.S, but it still sticks in my mind.

Nightmare says "Even the mighty Eternity sleeps, and when he does...."

KillAll
eternity appeared in the phoenix saga, or dark phoenix saga in the 90's x-men cartoon. it was cool big grin

KillAll
scans... we love scans big grin

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by KillAll
eternity appeared in the phoenix saga, or dark phoenix saga in the 90's x-men cartoon. it was cool big grin

Yeah that was just after Jean pawned the Xmen in Central Park wasnt it?

KillAll
lol, i dont remember that much, i know phoenix was screaching through space and eternity appeared... but i havnt watched the cartoon in a while, so i cant say for sure.

long pig
The Ancient One, forces Eternity not to kill Strange.
http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/8710/eter10aa.th.jpg

I'm not crazy, I know AO isn't remotely=Eternity, but still...........???

Nightmare takes Eternity while he sleeps.
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9954/eter23ys.th.jpg

What good is omnipotence if you can't get your Zzzz's?

KillAll
do you know what issue those happened in ???

long pig
DSMMA#13^^^

See, the problem with this thread is this "They fight in a nexus of dimension not part of the multiverse."

This fight is now omnipotence vs omnipotence, as both Vishanti and Eternity are omnipotent in their own realms or if allowed full power.

Eternity has trouble beating people in their own realm, the In Betweener is even beyond Eternity's reach.

Maestro
LP was that nightmare issue the one where strange summoned the juggernaut to save everyone?

olympian
http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/8710/eter10aa.jpg

blink

Feel the power of Kung Fu.

kgkg
How do you figure?

I'm not being a dick, but how do you measure that type of power enough to decide a winner?
How do I figure you doubt Kg?

Let’s see Galactus battled one of the three Vishanti in their own realm and was holding his own smile

Now Galactus feats are nothing compare to Eternity, and remember Galactus battle Agg in his own realm.

Now someone like the Vishanti own their own Dimension and are all, just like Eternity as he is reality itself.

Now let's think of about this way.

Some of the beings that are part of Eternity give people in different realm trouble.

And how many times do you see beings who are dominant in their own realm try to manipulated Eternity , to control creation itself.

Chaos, Order also dominate their own realm , and are even bigger in term of effect in the multiverse.

And quit frankly Vishanti are rulers of smaller dimension, Uber in their own dimensions , but not uber to have effect on multiversal scale.

Choas , Order ----- Exist through out the multiverse (in it’s own realm , nexus etc)
Dorma ----- Own realm
Vishanti ------- Own realm
Cyt
Etc

And remember how many times has Eternity referred to be above almost anyone?

In Ig most of the abstract where seen as pawn eternity

Eternity can be any force in the universe , therefore any power that is in The universe are his own.

HigH ScholaR
so does vishanti or eternity wins then?????????????/

Eternity got pawned by umar and dormammru (combinig their powers through each other) in defenders issue 3

Beyonder
Eternity wins.

long pig
Bah...

guy222
Bah...

Eternity FTW

Utrigita
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
so does vishanti or eternity wins then?????????????/

Eternity got pawned by umar and dormammru (combinig their powers through each other) in defenders issue 3

They defeated him off panel which I isn't giving a lot for.

starlock
Dormanu also by himself snuck into eternities realm and trapped(bound his essence or somthing) him....to lure Doctor strange into the realm...Doc freed eternity and Then Dormanu and eternity fought......

In the issue when they fought it was insane, they were nearly stalemated untill eternity brang Dormanu into himself and had two planets smash into eachother...with dormanu inbetween.....but Dormanu made the explosin that resulted a destroying wave and eternity was getting destroyed(i am trying to remember everything lol) the ancient one saves Doc and then explains dormanu is now a ghost like entity and he does not know what happened to Eternity...cant remember the issue(very old 197?)

Now how Dormanu compares to the Vishanti might be a good way to judge this....i am not sure right now....i will return

Mr Master
Originally posted by starlock
Dormanu also by himself snuck into eternities realm and trapped(bound his essence or somthing) him....to lure Doctor strange into the realm...Doc freed eternity and Then Dormanu and eternity fought......

In the issue when they fought it was insane, they were nearly stalemated untill eternity brang Dormanu into himself and had two planets smash into eachother...with dormanu inbetween.....but Dormanu made the explosin that resulted a destroying wave and eternity was getting destroyed(i am trying to remember everything lol) the ancient one saves Doc and then explains dormanu is now a ghost like entity and he does not know what happened to Eternity...cant remember the issue(very old 197?)

Actually Dormammu got stomped in Two panels when he confronted Eternity in that arc.

I think you're confusing the Nightmare incident with Dormammu:

Nightmare managed to put the Consciousness of Eternity to sleep.

Nightmare attempted to seize Eternity from the inside, using all sleeping sentient beings,

(usually one-third of the total lifeforms in the universe
and therefore a powerful minority of Eternity)

to drive Eternity to sleep, thereby putting Eternity under Nightmare's control.

In this state, Eternity was induced to dream planet Earth's obliteration.
Doctor Strange, who possessed the Gift of Extended Life, did not die,
and journeyed to Nightmare's realm, there to free Eternity and persuade him to recreate Earth.

Tenebrous
Well to add a bit more context...there was an issue of silver surfer where the face of living tribunal is shown on panel. As the multiversal judge, each face of LT is represented by some concept or creature.

Comic then states that in the "human" sphere of perception, the reptile represents vengeance, the mammal necessity, and man represents equity (if i remember correctly).

In the cosmic sphere of the general marvel universe, eternity is necessity, death is vengeance, and galactus is equity.

It then specifically stated that in the realm of the vishanti, lord chaos is vengeance, master order is necessity, and the in-betweener is equity.

That would, in some theoretical sense, say that master order and eternity are equals in that they are the respective powers that have the same representation on one of LT's faces. That would imply that Lord Chaos and Master Order are above the vishanti.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Tenebrous
That would, in some theoretical sense, say that master order and eternity are equals

Eternity/Infinity >>> Lord Chaos & Master Order

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/816/eterninfinruletheuniverse3ib.th.jpg

Eternity/Infinity are the Boss of Lord Chaos & Master Order.

Now back in the day, early-mid 80s ... they were equal,
when Chaos & Order had their own Universe (Magik)
they balanced Reality from their "Magik Universe"

guy222
Eternity wins

Knowsbleed33
Eternity everytime, all the time.

RageOfTheGods
Eternity should win I believe.......

occultdestroyer
Current Eternity is the 3rd strongest overall in MU.

How do you expect The Vishanti to win?

Eternity 100/100

guy222
Vishanti summon LT

Poor Eternity shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.