The Ask Daniel Thread!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DanielLB
Ok, this is just a trial run and if doesnt turn out to work/or people dont like it then please delete itsmile

Well....i think you can guess what the thread is about. I think (not being up myself or anything) that i have a great knowledge of LOTR and Arda and if you have any questions just simply ask me! If i cant answer a question (unlikly) or i havent explained it enough or somone wants to add something then please dosmile

(The whole point of this thread is to stop threads that ask one question and then get a few answers and then are never used againsmile)

ReverendMakashi
Why didn't Galadriel and Elrond want Saruman as the Chief of the White Order? What becomes of the Tower of Orthanc?

fini
* fini goes in search of the " ASK EXA" thread instead.

Jaro
How did Saruman make the Uruk-hai?

DanielLB
Originally posted by fini
* fini goes in search of the " ASK EXA" thread instead.

O GOSH! I completely forgot out about that thread! Im really sorry it just slipped my mindsad Sorry...you can delelte this thread if you would like (Sorry if i ofended anyone especially fini and exa)

fini
lol, nah, lets see how good you are.

the Floor is all yours.

Mandos
tadam.

Fëanor
Originally posted by DanielLB
O GOSH! I completely forgot out about that thread! Im really sorry it just slipped my mindsad Sorry...you can delelte this thread if you would like (Sorry if i ofended anyone especially fini and exa) laughing *punches daniel's shoulders* yah big galoot! stick out tongue

DanielLB
Originally posted by fini
lol, nah, lets see how good you are.

the Floor is all yours.
Gosh....ill try my bestsmile

Why didn't Galadriel and Elrond want Saruman as the Chief of the White Order? What becomes of the Tower of Orthanc?

First of all, the Tower of Orthanc, after Saruman leaves, becomes Treebeards after Aragorn gives him the valley of Isengard and goes on being around into the 4th Age.
Secondly, my understanding of this is that why would you want someone who may be corrupted easily and turn evil with ease at the head of the white council? You know what I mean? laughing

How did Saruman make the Uruk-hai?

Very good question and many different answers i believe. They first appeared in the 3rd age and then all mostly died before the end of the 4th age.
In The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy by Peter Jackson, Saruman appears to be the only one who created the Uruks. They are shown in the movie as being released from a kind of membrane in the mud deep under Isengard (special commentary on the DVD edition explained that they were trying to base the scene on a early description of Tolkien's that Orcs "worm their way out of the ground like maggots"wink. In the movies Uruk-hai are described as a crossbreed between Orcs and "goblin-men": this is probably a dialogue error because in Tolkien's works "Orc" is a synonym for goblin. These Uruks are sent after the Fellowship, and their leader is Lurtz, a movie-only character.

His Uruks include Pikesmen, normal Uruk-Hai, Archers, and Berserkers. The Berserkers are commanders. They shave their heads and fill their helmets with human blood, so that when they put on the helmets the

DanielLB
blood runs down their backs. They carry doubly-bent swords. Pikesmen, as the name suggests, carry pikes. Archers carry crossbows. Normal Uruks wield a basic sword. They also use bladed shields, as seen in Amon Hen during Aragorn's fight against Lurtz.

Other than this info. i cannot helpsmile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.