Wife Pours Boiling Oil All Over Her Husband.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
Don't know a whole ton about the case, but it's on the news here in Michigan. Apparently the woman poured the oil, quite literally, all over her husband. (I'm not italicizing to make you think of his genitals. My intent is to make you think about all over his entire body.)

My verdict? Death penalty. Or she gets the same treatment.

Red Superfly
That Winona Ryder gets up to some crazy shenanigans......

Alpha Centauri
I still think it's a bit drastic to kill her for eternity, but she deserves something.

Things like that always seem so spiteful and...female.

-AC

Draco69
That's terrible.....did he like it? ;p

FeceMan
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I still think it's a bit drastic to kill her for eternity, but she deserves something.

Things like that always seem so spiteful and...female.

-AC
Fine, we'll put her on a death-support system for two or three years.

silver_tears
.......... and...female.

-AC

I am so disgusted disgust

Red Superfly
I'd say she spends a whole day in the room of fire. Or the pit of snakes.

Or somewhere which isn't made up but equally painful.

And it's very female. Men, especially those from Alabama, would probably slap the silly moo-cow.

GCG
A fetish perhaps ?

Wickerman
Originally posted by FeceMan
Don't know a whole ton about the case, but it's on the news here in Michigan. Apparently the woman poured the oil, quite literally, all over her husband. (I'm not italicizing to make you think of his genitals. My intent is to make you think about all over his entire body.)

I see no reason why equal treatment should not be applied. erm

~wickerman~

Draco69
Originally posted by silver_tears
I am so disgusted disgust

Well most men would rather have their arms or legs amputated than their precious one-eyed monkeys.

If a Father had to choose between the life of his daughter or the life of his you-know-what, I bet you ten bucks he would hesitate.

DanieLs_4_Ever

neato.
Originally posted by Red Superfly
That Winona Ryder gets up to some crazy shenanigans......
rolling on floor laughing lmao

Dreamer2222

what kind of oil? did he died? if he died then yes she should get the death penalty or murder in the first degree but if not then maybe reckless endangerment?

Dreamer2222
Originally posted by Draco69
Well most men would rather have their arms or legs amputated than their precious one-eyed monkeys.

If a Father had to choose between the life of his daughter or the life of his you-know-what, I bet you ten bucks he would hesitate.
haha yeah probably!

if he didn't have his one eyed monster he'd be nothing but you know he could always make another kid....lol

Wickerman
Originally posted by Dreamer2222
what kind of oil? did he died? if he died then yes she should get the death penalty or murder in the first degree but if not then maybe reckless endangerment?

Again, i see no reason why the same treatment shouldn't be applied to her erm

~wickerman~

BackFire
What a c*nt

Spelljammer
She's a murderer, I'm for the death penalty, kill her.

If majority rules that killing a murderer is wrong, send her and all the other murderers to some kindof island where they can fend for themselves, I don't care. But she cannot function in society if she's willing to pour hot oil all over anyone and she ceartainly shouldn't get mine nor your tax money to live comfertbaly in a jail cell.

Dreamer2222
Originally posted by Wickerman
Again, i see no reason why the same treatment shouldn't be applied to her erm

~wickerman~
two wrongs don't make a right......

but three rights make a left!!!!

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Spelljammer
send her and all the other murderers to some kindof island where they can fend for themselves

We've already got one Australia, we don't need another one.

Sorry, had to be said.

silver_tears
You all are so quick to jump to conclusions, it's kinda sad........

Red Superfly
I don't jump to conclusions. I TRIUMPHANTLY AND BLINDLY STRIDE!

Inspectah Deck

laughing out loud

Spelljammer
You all are so quick to jump to conclusions, it's kinda sad........
It's not sad, we don't know the whole story, we just know she murdered her husband. If it bothers you that much find out more about it to see if there'd be any evidence to make us change our minds about her being a cold-blooded killer. That's what judicary is all about..

Jedi Priestess
I did kind of wonder that myself Sy. I mean there is no link and no other details. I'd say without the whole story Im going to withhold my comment.

And BF, I LOVE you but, I DESPISE that word! mad

GCG
If she did it, she may have been under her Husband's drunken abuse for a long time and decided to take revenge.

Its like Lorena Bobbit's case.

silver_tears
Sil stick out tongue

And so if she was beaten to a bloody pulp by him everyday of her married life, and he raped her every night, she still deserves the death penalty?

Nice society we have going here........

Spelljammer
Originally posted by GCG
If she did it, she may have been under her Husband's drunken abuse for a long time and decided to take revenge.

Its like Lorena Bobbit's case.
Or she may have been just a crazy ***** who snapped.

Or someone who smoked large amounts of cocaine and in a drugged up stupor killed her husband.

Or had to whack her husband cause the mafia told her too and she owed them a favour.

Or that's not a woman at all, THAT'S A MAN VAVY!

As said, if it bothers the weenies that much that we automaticaly dub her Charles Manson with boobs, then they need to go find out more about this case. If not, just state your opinion, and deal..

Jedi Priestess

As said, if it bothers the weenies that much that we automaticaly dub her Charles Manson with boobs, then they need to go find out more about this case. If not, just state your opinion, and deal..

or you could just grow up? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lana
Anyone got any details on this?

silver_tears
That's about all that's out there, nothing will be known if and when she goes to trial.

http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=3862000

Jedi Priestess
THanks Irene. I'm betting there will be more deatils released later this evening or tomorrow.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
or you could just grow up? roll eyes (sarcastic)
ohnoes, t3h liberal used sarcasm on me and called me immature? What ever shall I do? -_ -

Look, neither one of us knows about this case really. But leave up to the left to think they know better.. I'm not saying you're wrong that she may have had justification, but I'm stating that because as far as I know she doesn't, she deserves to die.

If I can deal with you being a pompus ******* I think you can deal with me being an insensitive jerkass..

silver_tears

You're an idiot for comparing her to Manson, who last I heard never had anything to do with hot oil, and is for responsible for the death of many, not just disfigurement.

GCG
Or she may have been just a crazy ***** who snapped.

Or someone who smoked large amounts of cocaine and in a drugged up stupor killed her husband.

Or had to whack her husband cause the mafia told her too and she owed them a favour.

Or that's not a woman at all, THAT'S A MAN VAVY!

what kind of picture is his Spelkljammership trying to paint ?

are you thiking she did it just for kicks ?

Lana
Thanks for the link, Irene.

Sheesh, everyone's going on about how she killed him....when he's still alive roll eyes (sarcastic)

silver_tears
So even then she doesn't deserve the death penalty because he's still alive.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by GCG
I don't know what to think, my information is limited.

What I KNOW is she commited a crime, a very grotest, very disturbing crime. Something easily said, could be punishable by death.

I also know no-one would be this defensive had it been a man who did it to even another man. "That's just something one man wouldn't do to another! He's ****ing crazy!" the left would say. Being full of hypocrisy and bullshit as usual.

All I see here is a murderer, so untill I'm informed otherwise, my opinion is going to remain so. If new info arises that would show me something to sympathize for, I will sympathize for. But we've pretty much established I'm not the most optimistic man by any means..

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by GCG
what kind of picture is his Spelkljammership trying to paint ?

Looks like he's thinking with his weenie. laughing out loud

And to spelkl: Little man if you are going to come back at me with a statement, first of all you need to do a little research about the person you chose to flame. Im about as far away from liberal as they come. Jumping to the conclusion that she deserves to be put to death without having all he facts is just ridiculous and ignorant. Im, not defending ANYONE here. I choose to wait till all the facts are in first is all.

Lana
I don't know what to think, my information is limited.

What I KNOW is she commited a crime, a very grotest, very disturbing crime. Something easily said, could be punishable by death.

I also know no-one would be this defensive had it been a man who did it to even another man. "That's just something one man wouldn't do to another! He's ****ing crazy!" the left would say. Being full of hypocrisy and bullshit as usual.

All I see here is a murderer, so untill I'm informed otherwise, my opinion is going to remain so. If new info arises that would show me something to sympathize for, I will sympathize for. But we've pretty much established I'm not the most optimistic man by any means..

She's NOT a murderer though; not yet. Right now the most she be charged for is attempted murder, if he dies THEN she will be a murderer. But he isn't dead.

silver_tears
How the heck is she a murderer when he's still alive?

God the rampant stupidity hurts me no expression

Jedi Priestess

Get in line Irene hysterical

Lana

I swear the sheer idiocy in this thread is causing me to lose brain cells messed

Draco69
Girls, Girls. He IS a murderer. Sure he's not dead. But he DID kill his d***.

To men, that's the most heinous crime imaginable.

Jedi Priestess
What? FFS go back and read the first post BEFORE you reply. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Spelljammer
Okay fine, she just mutilated him. Wow, that''s so normal, I think I'll track down your IPs and come visit you and pour hot oil on your vagginas. You know, basic routine..

Dumbasses.. -_ - If you're going to have a stupid opinion, don't demean my logical one, that's all I ask..

silver_tears

Notice the "I'm not italicizing to make you think of his genitals." part roll eyes (sarcastic)
He could be perfectly fine down below

Get in line Irene hysterical

*takes a number*

Not to mention it could still have been an accident, there's no proof either way.
Since we don't even know who called police, she may have done it by accident and then called the ambulance and such herself.

BackFire
Sil stick out tongue

And so if she was beaten to a bloody pulp by him everyday of her married life, and he raped her every night, she still deserves the death penalty?

Nice society we have going here........

We have these things called divorces, so that if a woman is being abused by her husband she can get herself legally seperated from him.

There's also these fellows called police officers, who she could call at any point if her husband beat her up, and they would arrest him.

Taking justice into her own hands doesn't make her not guilty of the crime that she obviously and blatantly commited. She should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. If she killed him, then I have absolutely no problem with her getting the death penalty, even if it was an abusive relationship, it's her fault for being stupid enough to voluntarily stay with him.

-JP - Sorry you don't like that word, but it's an accurate term for this woman, simple as that.

Lana
We have a stupid opinion because we're pointing out the facts that you won't even bother to look up?

WindDancer
The real question here is this one....

What kind of oil did she use? Cooking Oil, Motor Oil, Body Oil...stick out tongue

silver_tears
Okay fine, she just mutilated him. Wow, that''s so normal, I think I'll track down your IPs and come visit you and pour hot oil on your vagginas. You know, basic routine..

Dumbasses.. -_ - If you're going to have a stupid opinion, don't demean my logical one, that's all I ask..

You are such a vulgar idiot, who contradicts himself every which way.
Logic is basing something on fact, since you don't know the facts, your opinion can not be a logical one, not to mention you didn't seem to bother with post number 1. Dumbass.

Draco69
What? FFS go back and read the first post BEFORE you reply. roll eyes (sarcastic)

That hot oil must have killed it like a moth to a flame. So sad. That d*** had so many journeys ahead of itself. *sniff* So many new people to meet...internally at least. *sniff*

Let us give it our condolecences. It deserved better. crybaby

Lana
Notice the "I'm not italicizing to make you think of his genitals." part roll eyes (sarcastic)
He could be perfectly fine down below

Psssht, dear, we know very well what many men think with stick out tongue

Anyway, as was said, there is next to nothing known on this case yet; which is why I'm going to wait until I hear more before making a judgment.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Lana
We have a stupid opinion because we're pointing out the facts that you won't even bother to look up?
What facts?! What?! Did you pull them out of your ass like a magician?!

I've only seen one link, and with that poor information. My God! The liberal stupidity! I can't--I can't post in this topic anymore. I swear, If I keep talking to you I'm going to get pissed off and create a new Trojan Horse and destroy the internet, I might've been partialy responsible for the first one..

God DAMN liberals are stupid uhh! *Go's to see if LittleGailrean is online*

debbiejo
I guess I should turn on the new...cause I live here.... blink...I did watch "White Fang.".though...Oh....and a skittles commercial that advertised with sex........guess I should look at the news...tonight.....Hmmmmm...maybe I'll just visit the Tavern forum.....This sounds tooooooooo hot for me.

silver_tears
Originally posted by BackFire
We have these things called divorces, so that if a woman is being abused by her husband she can get herself legally seperated from him.

There's also these fellows called police officers, who she could call at any point if her husband beat her up, and they would arrest him.

Taking justice into her own hands doesn't make her not guilty of the crime that she obviously and blatantly commited. She should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. If she killed him, then I have absolutely no problem with her getting the death penalty, even if it was an abusive relationship, it's her fault for being stupid enough to voluntarily stay with him.

-JP - Sorry you don't like that word, but it's an accurate term for this woman, simple as that.

I'm sure they would. Like all those other cases out there thumb up
They'd be on her doorstep first thing.

Again we don't even know if it was a crime to start, may have been an accident. Not to mention if she was beaten, she could easily claim temporary insanity, and battered wife syndrome, and get off with very little time, good for her I say.

Draco69
*Sees Spelljammer's rant*

.....you remind me of Cartman from Southpark

Lana

I've only seen one link, and with that poor information. My God! The liberal stupidity! I can't--I can't post in this topic anymore. I swear, If I keep talking to you I'm going to get pissed off and create a new Trojan Horse and destroy the internet, I might've been partialy responsible for the first one..

Yeah, the one bit of info that exists so far, which says he did not die. You keep going on about how she's a murderer which is not possible as he's not dead! That IS a fact.

Stupidity? No. More like not leaping to conclusions, which is what you're guilty of.

WindDancer
Okay everyone......ignore my silly joke above and please tone down the anger and emotions. Please don't get insultive or offensive with other members. Keep your heads cool...

WD

silver_tears

Please do us all a favour, the sheer stupidity pisses me off enough.

And..............you spelled her name wrong roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wickerman
1. guy not dead => woman not murderer
2. We don't know enough.

Here's my personal opinion that for the third time, but more eloquently put:

1. If she did it on purpose, and he dies, i say just do the exact same thing to her (aka hot oil bla bla bla)

2. If she did it on purpose and he doesn't die, i say just do the exact same thing to her (aka hot oil bla bla bla)

3. If it was an accident (as weird as that may be) if he lives i doubt he'll press charges

4. If it was an accident (as weird as that may be) and he dies, she can be prosecuted for reckless....errrr...something. Well....you know....

Ahem.....that was in case she just snapped, without any real reason.

If she just snapped WITH good reason though, such as i dunno....rapings, etc. etc., straight to jail with her. Seriously. There are alternatives......

But i tend to think it's gonna be either 1. or 2. .......just my gut feeling....

~wickerman~

Spelljammer
*Sees Spelljammer's rant*

.....you remind me of Cartman from Southpark
Actually that helped lighten my mood, I get that alot.

And I swear as God as my witness like that episode of South Park there will be an infestation of weenie liberals too powerful for me to control and we'll need some sortof mogule to plow through the liberals to get to the heart and get them to break apart using Slayer music. stick out tongue

Inspectah Deck

Again we don't even know if it was a crime to start, may have been an accident. Not to mention if she was beaten, she could easily claim temporary insanity, and battered wife syndrome, and get off with very little time, good for her I say.

Where were you at the crime scene?

silver_tears
Originally posted by WindDancer
Okay everyone......ignore my silly joke above and please tone down the anger and emotions. Please don't get insultive or offensive with other members. Keep your heads cool...

WD

While you're here wanna change the title?
Something like Michigan Woman instead of ***** seems more appropriate roll eyes (sarcastic)

GCG

I am not too sure with temporary insanity; how many people keep boiling oil at home in quantities to cover/pour on a human body ?

Battered wife syndrome looks more like it.

Jedi Priestess
BF, not every woman CAN escape, get a divorce OR call the police. Surely you know that? huh Im not saying what she did was right by any means, but I do think that all the facts should be in before passing judgement.

silver_tears
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Where were you at the crime scene?

What? confused
It's from law that I know this, and wick she'd be tried with manslaughter if he dies and it was an accident.

WindDancer
Something like Michigan Woman instead of ***** seems more appropriate roll eyes (sarcastic)

No problemo...done.

BackFire

What? How do you accidentally pour scoudling oil over 75% of a persons body? It's not like she was carrying a small pan filled with some bacon grease and accidentally tripped and dumped it on his stomach, it was 75% of his body for hells sake. What, she just so happened to be carrying a huge tub of boiling oil and accidentally dumped it all over his entire body? Yeah, sounds like a reasonable possiblity. That would be a valid possiblity if the percentage of his body burned hadn't been so high. It's pretty obvious that this was intentional.

Yeah, good for her for breaking the law and then munipulating the court system in her favor to avoid the punishment she deserves.

Again, if she was in an abusive relationship she could have left him, millions of women do it, she's no exception.

silver_tears
Originally posted by GCG
I am not too sure with temporary insanity; how many people keep boiling oil at home in quantities to cover/pour on a human body ?

Battered wife syndrome looks more like it.

Temporary insanity would come into play for the moment of, when she snapped, then she wouldn't be tried for murder 1 or 2 since there's no intent if she's insane, her mind wouldn't have been able to plan it, that's the definition of temp insanity anyways.

Not to mention the oil could simply have been vegetable oil, heated in a pan on the stove, that'd burn you very much so.

BackFire
BF, not every woman CAN escape, get a divorce OR call the police. Surely you know that? huh Im not saying what she did was right by any means, but I do think that all the facts should be in before passing judgement.

Of course she could, unless she was chained up in the closet (which obviously wasn't the case, seeing as she was able to freely walk around with scoulding oil) there's no valid reason that would be stopping her from leaving him.

Wickerman
What? confused
It's from law that I know this, and wick she'd be tried with manslaughter if he dies and it was an accident.

Aha.......hmmmm.....i thought it was something lighter than MS if it was an accident erm

Either way, i'm pretty much with BF on the battered wife thing. We're just assuming now, but it really bothers me that she might get off easy after taking a life. No matter what the reasons, there were alternatives, and plenty. Again, this is assuming it was done on purpose, and that the guy dies.

~wickerman~

debbiejo

Michigan women???? blink

Trickster

To be fair, there aren't any facts really. A woman pours oil over her husband and burns him to ver 75% of his body.

Anything other than that is not necessarily true, and neither is that - there has not yet even been a trial.

Wickerman
Not to mention the oil could simply have been vegetable oil, heated in a pan on the stove, that'd burn you very much so.

Enough to cover 75% of his body????? And another question: How the hell did the guy just sit there and take it??? huh

~wickerman~

Lana
Aha.......hmmmm.....i thought it was something lighter than MS if it was an accident erm

Either way, i'm pretty much with BF on the battered wife thing. We're just assuming now, but it really bothers me that she might get off easy after taking a life. No matter what the reasons, there were alternatives, and plenty. Again, this is assuming it was done on purpose, and that the guy dies.

~wickerman~

Accidental deaths get manslaughter; if it were on purpose and he died it would be first-degree murder.

silver_tears
What? How do you accidentally pour scoudling oil over 75% of a persons body? It's not like she was carrying a small pan filled with some bacon grease and accidentally tripped and dumped it on his stomach, it was 75% of his body for hells sake. What, she just so happened to be carrying a huge tub of boiling oil and accidentally dumped it all over his entire body? Yeah, sounds like a reasonable possiblity. That would be a valid possiblity if the percentage of his body burned hadn't been so high. It's pretty obvious that this was intentional.

Yeah, good for her for breaking the law and then munipulating the court system in her favor to avoid the punishment she deserves.

Again, if she was in an abusive relationship she could have left him, millions of women do it, she's no exception.

Oil isnt absorbed into the body, if she spilled it on him, it would slide down his body, being hot it would move even faster, that being said, she wouldnt need a huge tub to cover 75%. It could have been just as you put it, a pan of hot vegetable oil, she's walking, trips over a carpet, he's sitting in a recliner, the oil flies onto him, he jumps up, starts jumping to get it off, it slides down his entire front and some back etc etc, ta da 75%.

Lana
Originally posted by Trickster
To be fair, there aren't any facts really. A woman pours oil over her husband and burns him to ver 75% of his body.

Anything other than that is not necessarily true, and neither is that - there has not yet even been a trial.

He kept going on about how she's a murderer. Which, as the husband is alive, is not possible. That's the one fact that's currently known about this -- that he was burned by hot oil and is in critical condition.

However, I'm curious as to how the police know that the woman threw the hot oil on him, personally.

silver_tears
Enough to cover 75% of his body????? And another question: How the hell did the guy just sit there and take it??? huh

~wickerman~

I replied to BF's post with an answer to this........

BackFire
Even that wouldn't put him in CRITICAL condition, as the article says he's in. And it wouldn't cover 75% of his body, that's like his ENTIRE front and most of his back. Even the cops said she "threw" scoulding oil on him, not spilled, the wording here is very important.

silver_tears
Originally posted by WindDancer
No problemo...done.

Much appreciated hihat

Wickerman
Oil isnt absorbed into the body, if she spilled it on him, it would slide down his body, being hot it would move even faster, that being said, she wouldnt need a huge tub to cover 75%. It could have been just as you put it, a pan of hot vegetable oil, she's walking, trips over a carpet, he's sitting in a recliner, the oil flies onto him, he jumps up, starts jumping to get it off, it slides down his entire front and some back etc etc, ta da 75%.

laughing out loud wow......you make it sound so easy. It's not. Trust me. My best friend, when he was a kid had an entire cauldron of water .... about 3 liters or so of hot boiling water fall on him. he was about 4 or 5. Only an incredibly small part of his abdomen got burned very badly and left a scar.
It's not as easy to burn 75% of your body as you make it sound wink

Lana: thanks for the info babeh wink

~wickerman~

Jedi Priestess
Of course she could, unless she was chained up in the closet (which obviously wasn't the case, seeing as she was able to freely walk around with scoulding oil) there's no valid reason that would be stopping her from leaving him.

No, no, no no. Sweetheart you need to do some reading. Many abused women are too afraid to go anywhere much less do anything about it until something like this happens. Which may not be the case at all here.

Lana
laughing out loud wow......you make it sound so easy. It's not. Trust me. My best friend, when he was a kid had an entire cauldron of water .... about 3 liters or so of hot boiling water fall on him. he was about 4 or 5. Only an incredibly small part of his abdomen got burned very badly and left a scar.

~wickerman~

Water isn't oil, though. Water DOES get absorbed into your body, oil won't. One of my friends burned about half her arm from having hot oil spilled on it (she was cooking), and it was only a small amount of oil. Hot oil is very different than boiling water. Water also cools MUCH faster.

No prob, sweets wink

silver_tears
Even that wouldn't put him in CRITICAL condition, as the article says he's in. And it wouldn't cover 75% of his body, that's like his ENTIRE front and most of his back. Even the cops said she "dumped" scoulding oil on him, not spilled, the wording here is very important.

Dumped could easily imply she was standing and the whole pot or whatever was tipped onto him.

And when thinking surface area, 75% is only like torso down to the waist from the head.

Again no point in arguing over hypothetical situations, I just think jumping to rash conclusions about how she deserves to die or be mutilated is ignorant as a whole. And that's my last thought until more infor comes out.

BackFire
No, no, no no. Sweetheart you need to do some reading. Many abused women are too afraid to go anywhere much less do anything about it until something like this happens. Which may not be the case at all here.

Again, that's their problem, their fault. There's nothing actually STOPPING them from leaving, other then their own fear, which should be pushed aside when you're being beaten/raped all the time. These women who stay out of fear..I have no sympathy for them, unless they're tied up they can leave if they want to, they voluntarily stay, thus it's their fault.

silver_tears

~wickerman~

One of my cousins died like that, the pot of boiling water and all. He was 7 at the time.

Jedi Priestess
Again, that's their problem, their fault. There's nothing actually STOPPING them from leaving, other then their own fear, which should be pushed aside when you're being beaten/raped all the time. These women who stay out of fear..I have no sympathy for them, unless they're tied up they can leave if they want to, they voluntarily stay, thus it's their fault.

Really, it isnt that easy. Fear is a powerful thing BF.

Lana

Not to mention that in many cases I've read about the police don't do shit.....

BackFire
Indeed it is, but it's still their choice to stay there.

silver_tears

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering, no truer words have been spoken, good ole star wars thumb up

Wickerman
Water isn't oil, though. Water DOES get absorbed into your body, oil won't. One of my friends burned about half her arm from having hot oil spilled on it (she was cooking), and it was only a small amount of oil. Hot oil is very different than boiling water. Water also cools MUCH faster.

No prob, sweets wink

laughing

Phrase it as you wish. Water gets absorbed, sure. But not fast enough for the 5 seconds tops it took for that cauldron to spill onto his little body. Come on, you gotta realize that. If you go spill hot water on your arm you'll notice it goes down very quickly, covering it. it doesn't get absorbed.

eyes

~wickerman~

silver_tears
Not to mention that in many cases I've read about the police don't do shit.....

Very true, I've read enough cases and such to know that sometimes nothing is enough, not even restraining orders etc erm
Sad is what that is.

PVS
look, we dont know the facts...maybe he deserved it...who the hell knows.

but BOILING OIL!?!?!? couldnt she just stab or shoot him?

Lana
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering, no truer words have been spoken, good ole star wars thumb up

When you just posted that I laughed, though I have to say it's very true.

Wickerman
One of my cousins died like that, the pot of boiling water and all. He was 7 at the time.

Sorry to hear that sad

he just has a big nasty scar on his abs. Amazingly however, chicks love it for some reason messed

~wickerman~

silver_tears
When you just posted that I laughed, though I have to say it's very true.

Gotta love SW, useful all the time love

Jedi Priestess
Indeed it is, but it's still their choice to stay there.

Under that type of circumstance she basically HAS no choice. Why are you being dense about this! mwah

Nice tie in Irene thumbsup

Lana
laughing

Phrase it as you wish. Water gets absorbed, sure. But not fast enough for the 5 seconds tops it took for that cauldron to spill onto his little body. Come on, you gotta realize that. If you go spill hot water on your arm you'll notice it goes down very quickly, covering it. it doesn't get absorbed.

eyes

~wickerman~

I'm aware, I just got a 2nd degree burn on my hand the other day making tea at work.

Gotta say it's not nearly as bad as the time I burned myself on the popcorn maker when I still worked at the movie theater....because that was hot oil erm

Very true, I've read enough cases and such to know that sometimes nothing is enough, not even restraining orders etc erm
Sad is what that is.

It's sad. I've had some experience with that in my own family, unfortunately (not going into details though).

silver_tears
Sorry to hear that sad

he just has a big nasty scar on his abs. Amazingly however, chicks love it for some reason messed

~wickerman~

I didnt know him so it's not such a big deal for me personally, his mother's wacko to this day though. And it was like 7 years before I was born.

But speaking of that, I have a thing for scars myself embarrasment

BackFire
Under that type of circumstance she basically HAS no choice. Why are you being dense about this! mwah

Of course she has a choice. She can put her fears aside and leave if she's in physical danger, or choose to stay because she's scared, her being afraid and thus making her stupid doesn't negate the fact that she does have a choice in the matter.

silver_tears
I'm aware, I just got a 2nd degree burn on my hand the other day making tea at work.

Gotta say it's not nearly as bad as the time I burned myself on the popcorn maker when I still worked at the movie theater....because that was hot oil erm

It's sad. I've had some experience with that in my own family, unfortunately (not going into details though).

One of my friends has a cousin who was killed by her ex-husband after she had left him. She got a restraining order, moved, changed everything about her life, he found her, and stabbed her like 20 times or something. She never made it. He on the other hand was only given I think something like 8 years or that.

Wickerman

Meh......i've had hot boiling water on me plenty of times.....for some reason i never got scars though.....i suppose i have either a thick skin or there was a protective layer of dirt and other nasty stuff stick out tongue

~wickerman~

silver_tears

Thank you, thank you meditate

Jedi Priestess
Of course she has a choice. She can put her fears aside and leave if she's in physical danger, or choose to stay because she's scared, her being afraid and thus making her stupid doesn't negate the fact that she does have a choice in the matter.

OK scenario here for ya. Wife is abused by husband. They have 2 children. Husband has repeatedly told wife if she tells anyone or leaves he not only willl find her and kill her but he will kill the children as well.

You cant just say oh well she still has the choice to leave. It's not that cut and dried babe.

Lana
Meh......i've had hot boiling water on me plenty of times.....for some reason i never got scars though.....i suppose i have either a thick skin or there was a protective layer of dirt and other nasty stuff stick out tongue

~wickerman~

Well, I got a scar from the popcorn-maker burn...I don't think I'll get a scar from the hot water burn though, it's pretty much faded already. Still hurts, though. I swear I was so glad that it went numb after a while because it hurt so freaking bad.

Wickerman
I didnt know him so it's not such a big deal for me personally, his mother's wacko to this day though. And it was like 7 years before I was born.

But speaking of that, I have a thing for scars myself embarrasment

Well you know, i DO have a scar on my right eyebrow like someone cut the eyebrow ...... hair won't grow on it naughty

*smacks self*

GDF NOT OTF DAMMIT!!!!!!!

embarrasment

~wickerman~

Wickerman
OK scenario here for ya. Wife is abused by husband. They have 2 children. Husband has repeatedly told wife if she tells anyone or leaves he not only willl find her and kill her but he will kill the children as well.

You cant just say oh well she still has the choice to leave. It's not that cut and dried babe.

1. take kids with her

2. shoot or stab the bastard.....not burn 75% of his body erm

~wickerman~

silver_tears
Well you know, i DO have a scar on my right eyebrow like someone cut the eyebrow ...... hair won't grow on it naughty
*smacks self*
GDF NOT OTF DAMMIT!!!!!!!
embarrasment
~wickerman~

I have one on my left eyebrow no expression
Damn that's freaky, but I had a shard of something slice it there and it has pretty much faded but won't grow disgust

Wickerman
Well, I got a scar from the popcorn-maker burn...I don't think I'll get a scar from the hot water burn though, it's pretty much faded already. Still hurts, though. I swear I was so glad that it went numb after a while because it hurt so freaking bad.

Sounds nasty. Meh.....you have to be careful with it i spose. I've only handled hot oil in my own personal cooking experiments, so i never got hot oil burns or anything.

~wickerman~

BackFire
Oh, but it is. She can take the kids and run off while he's away and tell the cops. It may not be a good choice, but it's a choice none the less. One that could have easily been avoided by not getting involved with a psycho in the first place.

PVS
1. take kids with her

~wickerman~

although that may be more acceptable to you and i, in the eyes of the law its just as bad...so pointless suggestion

Jedi Priestess
1. take kids with her

~wickerman~

Oh that makes it right, stab him isntead of burn him? You guys are weird.

PVS
Oh, but it is. She can take the kids and run off while he's away and tell the cops. It may not be a good choice, but it's a choice none the less. One that could have easily been avoided by not getting involved with a psycho in the first place.

not all psychos have a big neon sign over their heads that say "psycho"
in fact many seem almost impossibly nice at first. the whole "should have seen it coming" arguement is quite pointless

Jedi Priestess

And then he makes bail and kills them all.

These days a restraining order isnt worth the paper its writen on and there have been many, MANY documented cases where this very thing has happened.

And while I tend to agree with the last statement, unfortunately not everyone is as they appear in the beginning, or we'd all be married to our first dates. laughing out loud

Lana
Sounds nasty. Meh.....you have to be careful with it i spose. I've only handled hot oil in my own personal cooking experiments, so i never got hot oil burns or anything.

~wickerman~

I won't even cook with the stuff if I can avoid it....

You say tell the cops....but as Irene and I have pointed out (and I have done research into this), many times the cops won't do anything. Not until the woman retaliates will they care.

Not to mention the case that he may not even seem like a psycho at first -- a lot of times in cases like that everything seems fine at first, but the husband/boyfriend will over time start to get more and more controlling until finally he's outright abusive.

silver_tears
One of my friends has a cousin who was killed by her ex-husband after she had left him. She got a restraining order, moved, changed everything about her life, he found her, and stabbed her like 20 times or something. She never made it. He on the other hand was only given I think something like 8 years or that.

For example...........

And worst of all is that she had even told the cops he was after her and in town, they did nothing for her.

Wickerman
I have one on my left eyebrow no expression
Damn that's freaky, but I had a shard of something slice it there and it has pretty much faded but won't grow disgust

I fell down and hit the ground smack with my face sad

Got stiches and stuff, hair won't grow......lemme see if i can get a pic.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/my%20pics/ochi.jpg

You can't really see it in a dark environment or a bad quality pic like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/my%20pics/Vladimir1.jpg

~wickerman~

BackFire
I won't even cook with the stuff if I can avoid it....

You say tell the cops....but as Irene and I have pointed out (and I have done research into this), many times the cops won't do anything. Not until the woman retaliates will they care.

That doesn't make it okay to take the law into your own hands and dump scoulding oil on the man or cut his dick off or kill him or anything. Because there are some shitty cops around doesn't excuse this type of act.

PVS - That maybe so, but I'd think that a reasonable person could see something is significantly wrong with someone mentally before having several children with them. And again, if it that wasn't the case, she still has the choice to leave.

Jedi Priestess
Damn Irene, thats sad weep

FeceMan
Currently, I believe the fellow is in the hospital and in critical condition.

And a considerable amount of agony.

By the way, '*****' was more suiting than 'wife'.

Lana
For example...........

And worst of all is that she had even told the cops he was after her and in town, they did nothing for her.

Damn. That's horrible.

See? Stuff like THAT is why women are afraid to leave an abusive relationship.

Jedi Priestess
Yet it was changed Fece, guess you were wrong.

silver_tears
Damn Irene, thats sad weep

My friend and all her family now wear ribbons, I think they're white, that support women who have been killed by ex husbands or partners.

FeceMan
Yet it was changed Fece, guess you were wrong.
Uh, I'm never wrong.

'More suiting' does not always equal 'more appropriate'.

Wickerman
I understand what you guys are saying. However, i REFUSE to believe that NO alternatives exist. I mean for christ's sake, if there were alternatives over here back during communism when you dont even wanna know what kinda shit went on, i'll never accept that in modern day america there are NO alternatives.

~wickerman~

Jedi Priestess
My friend and all her family now wear ribbons, I think they're white, that support women who have been killed by ex husbands or partners.

oh man cry weep

Lana
That doesn't make it okay to take the law into your own hands and dump scoulding oil on the man or cut his dick off or kill him or anything. Because there are some shitty cops around doesn't excuse this type of act.

PVS - That maybe so, but I'd think that a reasonable person could see something is significantly wrong with someone mentally before having several children with them. And again, if it that wasn't the case, she still has the choice to leave.

Except it's not just 'some' shitty cops, BF....that's the case in the majority of cases I've heard and read about. No, I don't think that taking the law into your own hands is right, but maybe if the people who are supposed to protect and serve would actually do so, people wouldn't have to resort to doing so.

Jedi Priestess
Uh, I'm never wrong.

hysterical thats the funniest thing Ive heard all day!

BackFire
Damn. That's horrible.

See? Stuff like THAT is why women are afraid to leave an abusive relationship.

Again, that doesn't negate the fact that she does have a choice in the matter, just because it's not a good choice doesn't mean there is NO choice, and it certainly doesn't excuse taking the law into your own hand, exceptions can't be made.

silver_tears
Uh, I'm never wrong.

'More suiting' does not always equal 'more appropriate'.

*ahem* Suiting and appropriate are synonyms thereby meaning the same thing no expression

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha, you've gotta love all this really. Haven't you?

"What if she had this done to her, or that, or this?"

What if she didn't? I don't believe in the death penalty anyway, so lets not assume I'm saying the woman be killed.

I love how certain females in this thread automatically assume the woman had some ultra positive reason for dousing the man in hot oil. If she was battered, raped and abused, I'm not gonna deny that the man had it coming to him. I'm not assuming there's not more to the story. I'm going by what I've been informed until I get further details, as were many people in this thread.

But noooo, "What is she had a reason?" Then she had a reason. I don't know that she did or didn't. All I know is that she threw oil over her husband.

Irene, as for you being disgusted about me saying it seems so female. If you look at known female "revenge" tactics for stupid things, they are often quite spiteful and manipulative acts. A man may beat his wife to punish her, a woman can't beat a man more often than not so she may...oooh....throw oil over him. I'm not justifying either but until I'm actually shown what has happened, I'm not assuming the woman had reason. Funny how women here are doing that. It really shows how psychologically, women defend women sometimes. I'm so sick of all this double-standard that women are never the aggressors in relationship violence. It's pathetic.

In no way am I justifying domestic violence on men or women, I've seen the shit happen. So don't come back with "You're saying it's ok?".

-AC

Lana
Again, that doesn't negate the fact that she does have a choice in the matter, just because it's not a good choice doesn't mean there is NO choice, and it certainly doesn't excuse taking the law into your own hand, exceptions can't be made.

I never said that it's okay to take the law into your own hands. My point is that the police need to actually do something about these sorts of situations. They don't.

Jedi Priestess

ah but see I dont believe ANY of the women in this thread have said that this was an appropriate act. What we've said is NOT to rush to judgement.

silver_tears
oh man cry weep

I'm just happy she and my friend weren't close, my friend's really emotional and she'd have been devastated otherwise erm

But it's really horrible sad

Lana
ah but see I dont believe ANY of the women in this thread have said that this was an appropriate act.

I've said numerous times that I thought it wasn't.

FeceMan
*ahem* Suiting and appropriate are synonyms thereby meaning the same thing no expression
In this case, appropriate was referring to the appropriateness of the title while ***** was referring to a descriptor that this woman sorely deserves.

Jedi Priestess
In this case, appropriate was referring to the appropriateness of the title while ***** was referring to a descriptor that this woman sorely deserves.

so does that mean we can call you shithead?

omg Im sorry but I couldnt resist

silver_tears

Irene, as for you being disgusted about me saying it seems so female. If you look at known female "revenge" tactics for stupid things, they are often quite spiteful and manipulative acts. A man may beat his wife to punish her, a woman can't beat a man more often than not so she may...oooh....throw oil over him.

-AC

There have been more than enough documented cases of men throwing acid on women in the middle east.

Wickerman

My good sir, much like your name, you are full of shit. Good day smile

~wickerman~

GCG

Thats Right

and the husband felt the suffering laughing out loud

FeceMan
Irene, as for you being disgusted about me saying it seems so female. If you look at known female "revenge" tactics for stupid things, they are often quite spiteful and manipulative acts. A man may beat his wife to punish her, a woman can't beat a man more often than not so she may...oooh....throw oil over him. I'm not justifying either but until I'm actually shown what has happened, I'm not assuming the woman had reason. Funny how women here are doing that. It really shows how psychologically, women defend women sometimes. I'm so sick of all this double-standard that women are never the aggressors in relationship violence. It's pathetic.

-AC
*Nods.*

Now, if she had poisoned him and you had said it sounded like something a woman would do, would they have reacted in the same way?

(I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they misinterpreted what you meant in your original statement.)

Lana

Lots of people do already yes

Wickerman
There have been more than enough documented cases of men throwing acid on women in the middle east.

Except........you're both generalising erm

~wickerman~

BackFire
I never said that it's okay to take the law into your own hands. My point is that the police need to actually do something about these sorts of situations. They don't.

Many do, I highly doubt you've researced every single domestic disturbance report and seen what went down. Just because the majority of the ones you've seen dismiss them, doesn't mean it's that way in it's entirety.

In fact, is their any data on this that you can show me? I'd like to see the actual numbers/percentage of these claims that cops don't do anything when a crying woman comes to them saying "MY HUSBAND BEAT AND RAPED ME AND NOW HE"S GOING TO KILL ME AND MY KIDS BECAUSE I LEFT HIM", because I really doubt it's that cut and dry.

Alpha Centauri

Yes, so now please show me where I said the reverse doesn't happen.

-AC

Jedi Priestess
All of you males are missing the point we females are trying to make here.

Until all the facts are in please do not rush to judgement in this case!

BackFire
What if a man beats a woman for good reason but not all the facts are present, you're telling me you wouldn't pass judgement on him?

FeceMan

I suppose that if 'shithead' accurately described me, then, yes, you could. However, since it does not reflect me but my pseudonym of choice, you cannot.

You may, however, call me 'Shit Man' or 'Shit Boy' in an endearing manner.
My good sir, much like your name, you are full of shit. Good day smile

~wickerman~
Did you go looking through PVS' posts to find that one, or are you so filled with ingenuity and wit that you came up with it all by yourself?

Wickerman

until all the facts are in please do not rush to judgement in this case!

I think YOU're the one missing the point JP.

I won't generalise as yourself by speaking for all males in this thread, but i for one am currently arguing about whether it's fair that she get only a little time in jail as punishment IN CASE the guy dies and what she did was premedited.

~wickerman~

Alpha Centauri

Until all the facts are in please do not rush to judgement in this case!

I hope, for your own sake, that you're not claiming women have made a rash action here. In some way or another.

Might wanna read my post where I also said I wasn't judging until I had facts. Just a thought, just rolling that nut out there. Harvest it maybe?

-AC

Jedi Priestess
I suppose that if 'shithead' accurately described me, then, yes, you could. However, since it does not reflect me but my pseudonym of choice, you cannot.

You may, however, call me 'Shit Man' or 'Shit Boy' in an endearing manner.

but wouldnt a shitman have a shithead? confused

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>