after death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Imlistening
i believe we go where we want to go after death, or where we believe we are supposed to go. any comments?

svnthdysthsbbth
We can believe what ever we choose to believe,while continuing to fool our selves reading all the books of fables, but the bible teaches us the truth of the matter. After all the Creator himself should know better than human logic and guesswork.

John 11:39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.

Lazarus came forth from the grave with no stories of heaven or his wareabouts. Because he didn't know anything.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

DEATH, COMPARED TO SLEEP in many verses throughout the bible.

John 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

Praise the Lord!

debbiejo
What I think is interesting.....want to hear?.....I feel that since we are all made of energy of course we all go on in some kind of form...and since there are many accounts of near death experiences..many of them different, you may have a choice on what you want to experience or create...also there is the point of reincarnation. Some believe it and some do not...But if you believe that energy always does go on, then maybe you also get the choice whether to reincarnate or not also...Could be that some would choice to reincarnate for the experience of it....Maybe just another creative process...seems everything is always in that creative process, so why should it end at death....OK...I'm done now...

fini
Well, I believe what is said in the scared texts of my religion, SO IT ISN"T A FABLE, first and foremost. Learn to have some freaking respect for other people's religions.

I believe in reincarnation and achieving of 'moksha', supreme enlightenment, where the soul goes to reside with Brahma, never again to inhabit a body.

Imlistening
Originally posted by svnthdysthsbbth
We can believe what ever we choose to believe,while continuing to fool our selves reading all the books of fables, but the bible teaches us the truth of the matter. After all the Creator himself should know better than human logic and guesswork.

John 11:39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.

Lazarus came forth from the grave with no stories of heaven or his wareabouts. Because he didn't know anything.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

John 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

Praise the Lord!

and your point is? i don't see what your gettin at.

Imlistening

Praise the Lord!

I don't see what your getting at.

mr.smiley
I belive in becoming one with the all.I also have a belife in reincarnation.

Echuu
I don't get it.... if reincarnation were real then why don't people remember anything from their past lives?

finti
like I used to run beside dinosaurs?

debbiejo
Well, I can understand reincarnation better now because if you believe we are essentially all energy anyway..Maybe that's an option..

fini
energy ( ie the soul) does not have memory.

debbiejo
How do you know for sure?

Imperial_Samura
I like to think that death is the first step on the way to ascending to noble eye-brow hood. Yes, just eye-brows drifting about being all noble and ascended before ascending again to just being brows.

And if this were literary it would be nice to become a Liche, or one of those Handlinger critters from Mieville's New Crobuzon series. smile

debbiejo
laughing out loud laughing Floating eyebrows....I think I've seen you on the rainbow bus too....didn't you sit next to Mr. Smiley?..He's there cause wants to destroy the universe... confused

Imperial_Samura
It wouldn't suprise me, and that rainbow bus does have such comfortable seats...happy though if anyone were to try and destroy the universe I am sure the noble brows would intervene (don't ask me what a floating eyebrow can do, but I am sure it would be impressive.) eek! happy

debbiejo
confused laughing out loud Yes impressive....!!..Can just see it now....

Yes, the rainbow bus is full of very special people...yes indeed....It will take us back to the mother ship...and tonight is Mac and Cheeze night!

Atlantis001
Originally posted by fini
Well, I believe what is said in the scared texts of my religion, SO IT ISN"T A FABLE, first and foremost. Learn to have some freaking respect for other people's religions.

I believe in reincarnation and achieving of 'moksha', supreme enlightenment, where the soul goes to reside with Brahma, never again to inhabit a body.

Yeah... moksha, buddhi, samadhi, ascension... whatever thats what I think too.

Echuu
Originally posted by finti
like I used to run beside dinosaurs?

yeah like that laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Deano
its possible we will have the ability to go where we want and create our own reality after death. but in fact it will be an illusion,

debbiejo
Originally posted by Deano
its possible we will have the ability to go where we want and create our own reality after death. but in fact it will be an illusion,
Hmmmmmmmmmm...I think we may be able to create our own reality after death..perhaps...not sure if it's an illusion to the person creating it though nor to the others it/we effect.

You make me go Hmmmmmmmmmm a lot....

finti
things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah... laughing out loud ...a lot.

Shakyamunison
After death, we live again, then we die, then we live again. However, you are unique and will never be again.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
After death, we live again, then we die, then we live again. laughing out loud

I'm sorry...it just sounded funny....

It sounds like the never ending story.....

svnthdysthsbbth
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
After death, we live again, then we die, then we live again. However, you are unique and will never be again.

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the SECOND DEATH hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the SECOND DEATH.

ONLY THE WICKED, suffer the second death.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the SECOND DEATH.

smile

finti
Mordor?

debbiejo
Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the SECOND DEATH hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the SECOND DEATH.

ONLY THE WICKED, suffer the second death.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the SECOND DEATH.

smile

Don't forget the gluttons...

Imperial_Samura

smile

Pretty comprehensive, though I think that means that all humanity is doomed to Hell or as Finti suggested Mordor (as long as I get to be a Ringwraith or Spongy Ork I'll be happy.)

I mean the fearful? So we shouldn't be scared when the angels begin turning water to blood and going on about doom? Would that even be possible?

The abominable? What classifies as abominable? The makers and actors of Stealth? George W. Bush? His Speech writer? Beets?

Oh and the LIARS! I seriously wonder is there a single human around who hasn't told at least one lie in their life? And I know lying is bad, very bad, but up there with the murderers and whoremongers?

Imlistening
Originally posted by Echuu
I don't get it.... if reincarnation were real then why don't people remember anything from their past lives?

people have been put under hypnosis and rembered thier past lives.

debbiejo
Much has been written about that....very much....And from what I've gathered is that we don't remember cause it would taint the experience we are now about to live...the experience of it all, OR, the experiences that we have chosen to experience....Not necessarily Karma.

Comic Book
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well, I can understand reincarnation better now because if you believe we are essentially all energy anyway..Maybe that's an option..

So like you come back as a cat or something like that ? or another person ? Or piece of a planet or star ?

debbiejo
Originally posted by Comic Book
So like you come back as a cat or something like that ? or another person ? Or piece of a planet or star ?

I don't know!!!!! confused ....Only that you would have a choice to what you want to experience..... blink ...If we are all infinite energy just as quantum physics theory teaches...and from other experiments in that field....it would seem to me that the creative process goes on...and if so, we are also creators in some since, since we a parts of the whole....We can create what ever we would want to experience , or not....

Just my little brain thinking again....WHOOOO SCARY!! and not even Halloween.....

If we are truly parts of the whole, then I just don't get the Karma thing.....To me, that wouldn't be of a creative force.....

Imlistening
why do people quote stuff from the bible, its not like it proves anything, especially for those who could give a crap about it. reading miffed

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Imlistening
why do people quote stuff from the bible, its not like it proves anything, especially for those who could give a crap about it. reading miffed

It makes them sound smart, and they believe that the bible is true. What they have gotten wrong is; the difference between true and truth. The bible is filled with truth but very little of it is factual.

debbiejo
It's because first there were more goddess worship societies that had rituals that used snakes, and oh many things, and when the Bible writers came along, the used everything that the worshipers of the goddess and turned them into evil just as was done to the snake...To take power away from the women and give it the men.
Reversed all the symbolism for ousting their beliefs for the New one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.