Can Wolverine cut Doomsday?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Just a thought.

Creshosk
Not a chance.

Mindship
I vote Yes, he can, otherwise he's rendered completely impotent, and where's the fun in that? As an aside regarding his claws: They're made of adamantium, which means they are more/less unbreakable. But "unbreakable" is not the same as sharp-enough-to-cut-anything. Or am I missing something?

havok801125
I say no...the claws may be sharp enough to pierce DD's skin but wolvie doesn't have the strenght to do it

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Mindship
I vote Yes, he can, otherwise he's rendered completely impotent, and where's the fun in that? As an aside regarding his claws: They're made of adamantium, which means they are more/less unbreakable. But "unbreakable" is not the same as sharp-enough-to-cut-anything. Or am I missing something? strength is what you're missing..

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by havok801125
I say no...the claws may be sharp enough to pierce DD's skin but wolvie doesn't have the strenght to do it

That only matter's of he's trying to gut him. Cutting him would be a matter of how sharp the blade is and what's it made of.

Mindship
Actually, if Wolverine's claws were sharp enough to cut anything, he wouldn't need much strength, or any strength at all, if they were, say, "molecularly" sharp, or especially sharp down to the Planck length. This is because the sharper a blade, the more pressure that can be exerted per surface area (I went through this in another thread, ie, why a person with a knife can stab through a bulletproof vest). Theoretically, an "infinitely" sharp blade would cut through anything with no exertion at all ("The Infinity Blade floated for eons through space, slicing, passing through anything in its path. Even neutron stars were not immune..."wink

MERCILOUS
That's all well and good but Wovlie's blades are described as being razor sharp, they aren't one atom thin at the blade or something like that.

long pig
It'd be pretty cool if they WERE one atom thin at the tip, though, wouldn't it?

It'd make sense for why he can cut people like Hulk and such.

In the real world, is there molecul thin blades?? That'd be cool as all hell.

olympian
"I say no...the claws may be sharp enough to pierce DD's skin but wolvie doesn't have the strenght to do it"

Like he shouldnt have the strenght to pierce others. But we see him able to, alas.

Its a comic, i wouldnt be surprised watching him do that to Doomsday at all.

Juntai
No.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.