Most influential manga/anime?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SlimYout
Not something that influenced you, more so which creators gave birth to stories that will stand the test of time? And who's work has most inspired the artist of our generation?

King KAM
This is simple, Robotech,Dragon Ball Z, Akira, and cowboy bebop(it was the firseries they actually spent alot of money to make)

SlimYout
So its the money that went into the production and nothing anything else? So what were some anime/manga that cost less to make? Anyone know?

jnr hiphop
I'd have to say Trigun or GTO. I don't know. roll eyes (sarcastic)

SlimYout
Has anybody read 20th Century Boys and Buddha? I hear those are pretty damn good.

Piedmon
Akira and Ghost in the Shell, I believe, were the first two major anime breakouts in the west. They paved the way for the rest of the "Japanese Invasion," that took hold in the 90s, and has really kicked into high gear in the current decade.

Akira especially, was a landmark in technical quality for its time. (Whoever says Cowboy Bebop was the first 'big budget' anime doesn't know what they were talking about. Akira was made through back-breaking effort by a legion of animators, and cost millions of dollars, but the animation quality is still superior to many cartoons of today.)

SlimYout
How about the current work that was inspired by creators from the past? For example: Kishimoto's Naruto was inspired by Toriyama's Dragonball.
Also what anime/manga do you feel receives too much/little praise?

King KAM
Originally posted by Piedmon
Akira and Ghost in the Shell, I believe, were the first two major anime breakouts in the west. They paved the way for the rest of the "Japanese Invasion," that took hold in the 90s, and has really kicked into high gear in the current decade.

Akira especially, was a landmark in technical quality for its time. (Whoever says Cowboy Bebop was the first 'big budget' anime doesn't know what they were talking about. Akira was made through back-breaking effort by a legion of animators, and cost millions of dollars, but the animation quality is still superior to many cartoons of today.)
i said series, not movie.....read before you quote, bub

WindDancer
Robotech
Astro Boy
Tranzor Z

King KAM
The best written anime is bebop...

SlimYout
Where does Tranzor Z come from? Anyone agree that Cowboy Bebop was written the best?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.