Favorite Type of Lightsaber?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Don't confuse this with my favorite color thread. Which is your favorite type and why?

Captain REX
One person wielding two. It has its advantages and downsides, but pretty effective otherwise. Unless you're strong, its harder to block power-blows or make your own. However, you can attack at different angles at once. And have more than one color! eek!

Do that with a 'lightstaff' (double-edged) and it looks stupid. stick out tongue

Deus Ex
Definately a curved hilt. My favorite blades (Sabers, katanas, etc.) use curved handles and even blades. It makes for a better grip.

Suprised you omitted the lightwhip.

SnakeEyes
Meh... It's not really a saber... smile

Deus Ex
Try telling some fans that! lol

SnakeEyes
True! Those fans can feel free to vote other... smokin'

Darth_Veav
Double Bladed but instead of using both of the blade(Laser or whatever) I only use one red blade, so it works like a spear.

Se7in
Classic or Curved Hilt.

Tengu Man
Double-blade: maul is my favorite Sith Lords second to Count Dooku, but thats not the real reason.

i like it cuz its original and its a badass weapon like the typical staff, if you know how to use it right.

Deus Ex
Feel free to use the voting option. I see less votes than replies.

SnakeEyes
Thank you Janus (if you don't mind me still calling you that). People will probably listen to you more than they would me.

Deus Ex
Yeah, if only to contradict me... lol No problem, Snake Eyes.

xxxpoppunker182
i'd say dounle blade, like kuns have the handle short like a single and use it as a single but if i need another blade i got one.

Darth_Glentract
Dual-phase all the way! Corran(my favorite SW character) has one. It can be a great surprise in combat.

In real life, there are no dual phase. I'm pretty good with a Jaungbong(Taekwondo name for Bo Staff. Sorry on spelling) and a Songdobong(three piece staff.

Lana
I've always been a fan of two sabers.

Darth Traya
Dual-phased.

ReverendMakashi
A curve hilt forged of either Electrum or Cortosis. . .

Deus Ex
What does Electrum do again? I've heard it before, but nothing about it.

Sir Mist
Dual curved hilts....droolio

What the hell is a dual phase saber?no expression

overlord
Although it would probably lack strength, my favorite is still two in one hand, blue and red! Killer!!

SnakeEyes
I voted for the classic saber... Don't really know why I like it more than the others, but after seeing the Anakin/Obi-Wan fight (which is the best IMO) it made me realize how complex and cool a fight can be with just 2 standard sabers.

Fishy
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I voted for the classic saber... Don't really know why I like it more than the others, but after seeing the Anakin/Obi-Wan fight (which is the best IMO) it made me realize how complex and cool a fight can be with just 2 standard sabers.

I have to agree... A single lightsaber will always be the best IMO.

It has class and finese, all the greats use it. It has the right balance between power and speed and once you know how to use it right its unbeatable.

Its like the light side of the force, if you are weak with it the DS will beat you. If your okay with it, the DS can still beat you. But if your great with it.... Nothing is going to beat you unless he or she is even greater.

Two lightsabers will always have weaknesses it doesn't have the power just the speed and a great fighter will block the attacks. A staff can still be blocked... Can still be defeated, unlike a normal lightsaber it has weaknesses even when handled into perfection.

At least thats how I see it, not to mention that it just looks damn cool.

xxxpoppunker182
i love using a single saber i take fencing classes and i alredy took all the sword fighting classes i can up here in montana. and i love the single but then i'd like to surprise y enemy and whipe out an extra blade or if i was fightin 3 people i would have better odds. but like kuns again casue his handle was small just the size of a single. i'm not feelin the big double bladed handle. cause you don't have to have both bladed out at the same time.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Sir Mist

Not a clue in hell.

ReverendMakashi
Originally posted by Deus Ex
What does Electrum do again? I've heard it before, but nothing about it.

Nopthing special. Just a gold hilt like Windu's. Pimp my saber please. . .

Dual-Phase meaning you can adjust the blade length during a duel. . .

Kam Solusar
i go with classic cos (this is gunna sound lame) its the classic lightsaber.

Dan Skywalker
Single blade, and although i loved Dookus curved blade, i really like Lukes hilt from ROTJ for sum reason, o yer and blue blade, favourite colour

Lord Darkstar
I think that I would go for either the dual phase blade because it has all the advantages of the single blade, plus it can be adjusted to surprise the enemy and a bunch of other things (think Corran Horn). The other type that I would like is Exar Kun's style, again all the advantages of the single blade, but also with all the advantages of the double blade and none of its weaknesses. Plus, it is surprising in a duel and would be useful against multiple opponents.

Oh and Rex and Sir Mist, dual phase lightsabers are normal lightsabers that also have a second function to them, any time you want you can double the blades length (well the double is masimum, it could be any length below that also). This is useful for surprise attacks and a bunch of other things. Hope that helps

Darth Avis
2 duel phase curved blades that combine to form a curved staff like ventress. that is uber and im so right (cant touch this do na na nou na nou na nou cant touch this.)

General Zink
Anakin can touch it quite well. Asajj lost to him every time.

DarkC
What would dual phased be like?

Sorgo

It just means you can change your saber length.

Captain REX
Though, I don't see the usefulness of such a thing. Unless you want to poke them from a greater distance...?

DarkC
I'd just go with two sabers, one blue, one green. The green one in the left hand, reverse grip.

Vinnie105
Classic all the way and then a blue one. Just play JKA then you know what i mean (I hope wink)

Vin

Tru_Slice
Dual-phase

What's the deal with classic? Dual-Phase is both normal balde and long blade. Just hit the friggn button and decide what you want.

SnakeEyes
Well you see, the classic kinda doesn't have that option and I wanted people to be able to choose between a completely normal saber and the duel-phase mode counterpart. I, for one, chose the classic saber for reasons posted above.

Tru_Slice
Dual-Phase is classic saber with all its glory, and you can extend the blade (unrelated note: a dual-phase saber will be used in my film that I'm making; how's that for the record books!?)

cool_dudes_rule
i go for any.

Lightsaber
I like this small scale real light dagger I made. it is 3500 degree f and real cool ( well hot actually) lol..

Julie
I picked double saber b/c they look cool, but personally I'd just go with a single blade...elegant and less likely to cut off one's foot

overlord
Originally posted by Lightsaber
I like this small scale real light dagger I made. it is 3500 degree f and real cool ( well hot actually) lol..

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!! wallbash

(I like two sabers at a time btw, red and blue!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.